Become a Patron!

Hohm wrecker 151 or Laisimo L3 200w?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was looking at that Deuces, the only board/chip I found is the G2 and I'm hoping the G2 and the Slice use chips with the same footprint.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was looking at that Deuces, the only board/chip I found is the G2 and I'm hoping the G2 and the Slice use chips with the same footprint.
I don't think they do. The mode button on the Slice is much closer to the fire button than the one on the G2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
289d7b418897407556ea7b9831a6094b.jpg

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't taken apart any of the mods involved but I did notice that while I had all three lined up side by side. I figured worst case scenario, I have to make a new face plate.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just received the VapeForward flask from Vapor beast and it's a whole different animal than the first flask (from Avail). The finish is better, matted black not shiny, buttons don't stick out as far. I'm liking it but IMHO the Vapor Shark DNA 133flask is still much better. Thank you @Deucesjack, I got it the day you mentioned it with the discount. I wanted to get another but no more discounts at VaporBeast. It looks like I'm keeping this one as is and try to fit the FSK chip in the other one.
P.S. What I'm getting at is that this flask (from Vapor Beast) is very much what I thought it should be and feel rather than the cheap China made knock off that the first one (from Avail)feels and looks like.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just received the VapeForward flask from Vapor beast and it's a whole different animal than the first flask (from Avail). The finish is better, matted black not shiny, buttons don't stick out as far. I'm liking it but IMHO the Vapor Shark DNA 133flask is still much better. Thank you @Deucesjack, I got it the day you mentioned it with the discount. I wanted to get another but no more discounts at VaporBeast. It looks like I'm keeping this one as is and try to fit the FSK chip in the other one.
P.S. What I'm getting at is that this flask (from Vapor Beast) is very much what I thought it should be and feel rather than the cheap China made knock off that the first one (from Avail)feels and looks like.
Wow bro, you know it's funny you say that. When I looked at the pic on Vapor Beast I thought it looked flat. I hope my VF refurb replacement is flat.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, it's not flat. It has the curvature of the flask, but the fit and finishe is better. The matted finish is better too, it isn't as slippery.

Chris Peltz

Member For 4 Years

@Deucesjack - so here's my dilemma. I have about $60 to spend from my "allowance". Should I get a HohmTech G2 refurb for about this price from Vaporcube, or get the $40 Vapor Flask f om Vapor Joes and use the extra cash for accessories? I love the original HohmTech Hohm Wrecker, but have never owned a Vapor Flask. While I like to have variety in my mods, don't know enough about the Vape Forward version of the Vapor Flask. What would you do? (and the answer isn't, buy both!)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Deucesjack - so here's my dilemma. I have about $60 to spend from my "allowance". Should I get a HohmTech G2 refurb for about this price from Vaporcube, or get the $40 Vapor Flask f om Vapor Joes and use the extra cash for accessories? I love the original HohmTech Hohm Wrecker, but have never owned a Vapor Flask. While I like to have variety in my mods, don't know enough about the Vape Forward version of the Vapor Flask. What would you do? (and the answer isn't, buy both!)
Brew, I meant the paint on the mod looked flat as opposed to the shiny one I had.

Chris, I noticed you've been reading my stuff because my first answer would be to buy both. Lmao. I am an enabler. Personally if it was me I'd go for the Hohmtech. I like having different mods to but with the uncertainty of the new regs I'd rather play long ball and go for quality over form factor. I do love the Flask and sooner or later I am going to break down and get the VS 133 Flask. This is just my opinion. I am in no way saying the VF is a bad mod. I just have more faith in Hohmtech than I do VF.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only thing stoping me from getting the VF classic deal from vaporbeast is it is only flush with 22mm tanks. The majority of my tanks are 24 and 25mm, sucks because I want one.

Chris, keep that in mind as well, the wrecker g2 can take up to 25mm tanks with no overhang.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Brew, I meant the paint on the mod looked flat as opposed to the shiny one I had.

Chris, I noticed you've been reading my stuff because my first answer would be to buy both. Lmao. I am an enabler. Personally if it was me I'd go for the Hohmtech. I like having different mods to but with the uncertainty of the new regs I'd rather play long ball and go for quality over form factor. I do love the Flask and sooner or later I am going to break down and get the VS 133 Flask. This is just my opinion. I am in no way saying the VF is a bad mod. I just have more faith in Hohmtech than I do VF.

What makes the fsk better then DNA?
Or can they even be compared.....?

My hohm slice works good with a dual Clapton 0.33ohm BUT it takes a minute for it to build up heat. Now I need something that is instant heat which I hope the g2 can do???

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Chris Peltz , for what it's worth, I have all of the aforementioned mods and quite a few others besides. The VaporBeast deal is gone but the VF flask is really nice. I just got it today and was so pleased with it that I broke open a brand new black Alleria from the stash just for it. A little while back I got the VF from Avail for $ 56 and not only was it cheap, it feels and looks it too. I have the DNA133 flask from Vapor Shark and really, that is the one to get not just because of the chip inside but the fit and finish are perfect. The DNA 133 was about $180 when all was said and done so the VF at Vapor Beast even at the $59 price tag is a very good mod. I love the form and it just fits nicely and comfortably in your hand.
All that being said, keep an eye out for sales for Labor day.
The G2 has no equal in my opinion, I own 3 of them and I have never had a problem. The first one I bought in May and is my daily drag around,bump and drop mod. For the money you plan on spending, I'd get the G2, it is backed by the Vaporcube guys. Just a word of warning if you decide on the G2, it will spoil you for every other mod unless it is another G2.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@smokey85 are you using it in TC? I have a Slice topped with a Alleria at 0.13 ohms and G2 topped with...you guess it, another Alleria at 0.12 ohms. Both in xXx mode and no pre heating is needed.

Chris Peltz

Member For 4 Years
The only thing stoping me from getting the VF classic deal from vaporbeast is it is only flush with 22mm tanks. The majority of my tanks are 24 and 25mm, sucks because I want one.

Chris, keep that in mind as well, the wrecker g2 can take up to 25mm tanks with no overhang.

Yep, I saw that. I have the original and assume dimensions of the G2 are the same. I was less worried about quality of the Vape Forward and more interested in the quality of the underlying chip, which I understood was the same as the Reaulux, Wismec based. I have never owned a mod with that chip so don't really know how it compares. But know that the FSK chips are one of the best, so that's definitely the safe bet here. That said, Vapor Shark has been the best devices I have owned to date - so the VS VF 133 is intriguing, if not for the price tag. Maybe I can wish for a 50% off Labor Day sale from VS this weekend! :)

Anyone have a pic of the G2 next to the Vapor Flask?

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@smokey85 are you using it in TC? I have a Slice topped with a Alleria at 0.13 ohms and G2 topped with...you guess it, another Alleria at 0.12 ohms. Both in xXx mode and no pre heating is needed.
OK how do I get to xxx mode. So I choose kenthal, than go to the advance menu and press the xxx mode. Adjust my percent... That's it?
Man juice goes so fast with this tsunami lol I just sucked up 10ml in about 20 min. Maybe I should use 1 coil on the rda......

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What makes the fsk better then DNA?
Or can they even be compared.....?

My hohm slice works good with a dual Clapton 0.33ohm BUT it takes a minute for it to build up heat. Now I need something that is instant heat which I hope the g2 can do???

The Merlin doesn't look bad on the Flask and it's a 23 but that's about as big as you can go.

Neither board is really better than the other they're just different. The DNA is like a professionally trained prize fighter and the FSK is a street brawler. Two different types of mods for different types of vapers. Unlike some folks I try not to get caught up in the whole my mod is better than yours dick measuring bullshit. I make my decisions by talking to vapers I trust, watching reviews I trust, and personal experience. As far as ramp up goes the Slice should hit pretty hard. If you're in xxx mode just crank the wattage up and she should ramp up just fine. Remember in Tc wattage controls the ramp up and temp controls how cool or hot you like your vape.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Press the Mode button (the rectangular one) 3 times, repeat. You'll see xXx, select it. Yhis mode will TC any wire-the difference between FSK and DNA.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Press the Mode button (the rectangular one) 3 times, repeat. You'll see xXx, select it. Yhis mode will TC any wire-the difference between FSK and DNA.
I think Chris has the G1. If so that mod doesn't have an xxx mode.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If Vapor Shark has 50% off deal, I'm there I want 2 more flasks in any color.....as long as it is black:vino:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You mean I was right???? That's a first! Quick, I gotta tell my wife I was right:vino:
Hey don't make me call her and have her take you down a few notches. Lmfao.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll make a seperate thread asking about the slice and temp. Control.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Deucesjack , isn't ecig.com have a sale??? I'm hoping Cloudy vapors will have a sale, they're the only ones selling the FSK chip.
Not that I know of. They have the G2 for $73 use ecig10 code for another 10% off.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I were in the market for a 6th G2, I'd get a referb one from
http://www.vaporcube.com/h-wrecker-...-control-box-mod-manufacture-refurbished.html
using code G2REFB to get it for $54.00.
But that's just me.
(based off the fact that I have 5 of them and 4 of those came form vaporcube as refurbs but look, act, and feel brand new)
But that's just me.
NOT because I'd want to take any sales form anyone else, just because I assume everyone else is like me and want to get what they want at the lowest price available.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I were in the market for a 6th G2, I'd get a referb one from
http://www.vaporcube.com/h-wrecker-...-control-box-mod-manufacture-refurbished.html
using code G2REFB to get it for $54.00.
But that's just me.
(based off the fact that I have 5 of them and 4 of those came form vaporcube as refurbs but look, act, and feel brand new)
But that's just me.
NOT because I'd want to take any sales form anyone else, just because I assume everyone else is like me and want to get what they want at the lowest price available.
I saw re-furbs for $99.00

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Paratech, I'm with you, even though I only have 3 G2s and one measly Slice:gaah:. The Vaporcube sale on the refurbished G2 is still going on? Any chance for discounted Slice?:vino:

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can get a brand new g2 on eBay $70.00
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/222230511509

Starting bid is $70, however the BUY it price is $92.
And as I stated the 4 refurb mods I got from vaporcube are perfect in every way.
If I needed ANY more, I'd continue buying these refurb units from vaporcube.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The discount code G2REFB is STILL working on vaporcube site, I just verified.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Starting bid is $70, however the BUY it price is $92.
And as I stated the 4 refurb mods I got from vaporcube are perfect in every way.
If I needed ANY more, I'd continue buying these refurb units from vaporcube.
They sell for around $70.00

I saw the last completed items and they all sold for $70.01 one for $71.01.....

I bought a Triade on eBay for $56.78

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They sell for around $70.00
I saw the last completed items and they all sold for $70.01 one for $71.01.....
I bought a Triade on eBay for $56.78

Sorry, you're right and I'm sure there are some that will be more comfortable taking that path.
Myself (especially since I've already verified the refurbs are excellent) I'm just more comfortable buying at a much lower cost from someone like vaporcube as compared to buying off ebay.
NOT implying there is anything wrong with any of the sellers on ebay, just stating MY personal choice.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry, you're right and I'm sure there are some that will be more comfortable taking that path.
Myself (especially since I've already verified the refurbs are excellent) I'm just more comfortable buying at a much lower cost from someone like vaporcube as compared to buying off ebay.
NOT implying there is anything wrong with any of the sellers on ebay, just stating MY personal choice.
Vapor Cube is basically their factory store. It's where they do all the warranty work.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vapor Cube is basically their factory store. It's where they do all the warranty work.

Based on website design and layout I assumed but hadn't verified.
Thanks.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I am with @Paratech on preferring a refurb from vaporcube than a new one from anywhere else. I don't recal any complaints on the refurbs, just the new ones. I don't know if they are fully assembled in China when new but I would rather have one that was fully inspected here in the US, less chance of problems.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to add a second reply to this since I have been able to verify.
Based on the following video at about 5:18 Ben states this himself;

VU Sponsors