Member For 4 Years
60fabfc5ba480c3ea54a9eabd6d99724.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I love my blue, just hate the battery door issue! Hoping to hear from vaporcube on monday. If they aren't helpful will probably order another one from cloudy vapor. Where did you order yours from?

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my blue, just hate the battery door issue! Hoping to hear from vaporcube on monday. If they aren't helpful will probably order another one from cloudy vapor. Where did you order yours from?
Vaporcube

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the blue looks sharp. I have a question for you guys. Do you think it's really temperature controlling Kanthal like Ni200, Ti1, and SS or is it more like dry hit protection? I ask because with the ultra low TCR of Kanthal, common sense tells me it would have to be measuring resistance in the micro ohms to be doing true TC on Kanthal. The skeptical side of me thinks of the Asolo (which I have). It does something with Kanthal, but it isn't true TC (talking about the Asolo).

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I'm not saying it isn't, but I am skeptical. I find it hard to believe it could be that accurate in measuring resistance. I would think you would need laboratory grade equipment to hope to measure resistance changes that small. Just look at the TCR of Kanthal compared to normal TC wire.
qDpbMVR.jpg

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It measures in the thousands (.00#) of resistance, it TC Kanthal. Its not dry hit protection, its not like the Asolo...this is true Kanthal TC, even Nichrome TC. The Asolo is (Taste Control/Dry Hit Protection) Its not the same thing. It controls temp similar to most devices do with NI200/TI(ill make a list)...My Snow Wold 75w behaves similarly to the Kanthal TC with its TC modes.
Its the first real step into this direction and a first of its kind. I dont work or anything for who ever makes it but like the griffin RTA I will tell you its not bullshit and its worth its weight in gold.
As much as Ive spent on Mods and gear, this one is worth the buy. I hope others chime in because it seems to me that no one takes my advice until someone else says it....

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My IPV3 Li measures in the thousandths of ohms (.00x). To do true TC for Kanthal it would need to measure at least another place to the right of the decimal point, if not 2. Unless it's doing it another way. I'd really like to see someone test it with some temperature reading equipment. The math alone is making me skeptical Ray, don't take it personal.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My IPV3 Li measures in the thousandths of ohms (.00x). To do true TC for Kanthal it would need to measure at least another place to the right of the decimal point, if not 2. Unless it's doing it another way. I'd really like to see someone test it with some temperature reading equipment. The math alone is making me skeptical Ray, don't take it personal.
Skeptical or not until P.Busardo or you get one you will never know if it works as you expect it to.

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also have the Asolo (the Mini version), the Kanger Kbox 200 and the Kbox120, all of which claim to do some type of temp control with kanthal (or, in the case of Kanger, nichrome). The G2 so far seems to be a step beyond what others are doing with kanthal temp control, but I would argue that it is not true “temp control.”

I define temp control to be the situation where you set it for XXX degrees and the coil reaches, but does not exceed, that temp. Hohmtech’s own video shows that is not the case – he set it for 700 degrees, and the cotton did not burn. If the coil actually reached 700 the cotton would have burst into flame.

But semantics aside, the G2 has been interesting to use. I don’t believe that the temp of the kanthal coil is hitting the actual temp I’m setting, but it has been ramping down on a dry wick situation more elegantly than my Solo mini or Kangers.

The G2's performance with traditional temp wires (Ni, Ti, SS) has been mixed. Tanks and drippers that work great on my other temp mods at 450-ish degrees need to be cranked up to past 650 on the G2 to get the same vape. But, on the plus side, it’s smooth as silk when regulating temp – I can’t feel any pulsing or variance at all. Just a smooth, enjoyable vape. I'd put it on par with the DNA200 with regard to smoothness.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok here is my question
this mod sounds AMAZING
but how did someone else beat evolve and yihi to the punch with kanthal tc?
I thought that evolve and yihi were the leaders in tc.

who is FSK
are their chips in any other mods beside the homewreckers?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can i just say
THIS BOX MOD IS UGLY!!
IMO...
ok ok ok
I don't have biz being on this thread but I just wanna say it...
Continue please...

Vape On

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Can i just say
THIS BOX MOD IS UGLY!!
IMO...
ok ok ok
I don't have biz being on this thread but I just wanna say it...
Continue please...

Vape On
You would buy it in a heartbeat and you know it EJ :cool:....I kinda want to use the internals in my own box...maybe a DIY Squonker

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You would buy it in a heartbeat and you know it EJ :cool:....I kinda want to use the internals in my own box...maybe a DIY Squonker
What's the amp limit on this??? This is the main reason u pushing it?

Vape On

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
vapor cube replied today and are having me send mine back to fix the battery door gremlins :) Great customer service! :) Know I will absolutely love it when it comes back all fresh and tight!

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Phil's review is up. Haven't watched all of it as of yet, but an overall rating of thumbs down due to the difficulty of "temp" control on kanthal.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Funny that someone so smart has such a hard time with it...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I didnt have trouble with it and Carp just got his and he seems like he has it down already...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Phil must not be on the newer updates...Its much more streamlined then it was before the last 2

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Phil must not be on the newer updates...Its much more streamlined then it was before the last 2
I'm pretty sure he updates it in the video. I think he just got a lemon. Watch the cotton burn test at the end, somethings def wrong with his unit.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can't wait to get mine back from vaporcube all tightened up and ready to rock!! :) I had only gotten to use it for a little bit before sending it back to get the battery door issues resolved and in that short time I certainly enjoyed the way it performed across all functions.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So only issue is the door. Now is this a problem with the design or just a fluke thing. Very interested in this box

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So only issue is the door. Now is this a problem with the design or just a fluke thing. Very interested in this box

Fluke. Mine is flawless and for sale if interested lol

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
minor fluke. extremely fast delivery. spot on customer service, taking care of the issue without any hassles. All of the reviews and owners show no problems with the type of issue I experienced. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the mod or vaporcube, both outstanding.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My second Hohm Wrecker came in yesterday and has no issues, the one issue I had was due to that I use Win 7/x86 so I have to copy drivers to the folders meant for it (Need to be able to view hidden files to do that). After updating it works flawlessly. I do believe there is a slight learning curve and also think that reviewers must of got early editions, I have better results with both of my Hohm Wrecker G2's then most of the reviewers I have seen make videos on it.
When I get my DSLR set up with this new PC I will try and make some videos for the skeptics and onlookers.

People say its too square and odd feeling but I find to be holding it more then most of my other mods, its light, the button is very comfy and I feel less prone to drop it.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Update on my wrecker situation. The techs at vaporcube called me yesterday and we discussed my concerns with the battery door. They replaced the door with another and voila, good to go. It is now on its way back to me, can't wait to get it!

These guys at vaporcube are really awesome. I can't say enough about their customer service and commitment to overall satisfaction. They promptly addressed my issues and ensured the problems were solved quickly and completely. Def. a stand up operation, and I for one am glad that hohmtech has them as their warranty support center. I am confident that if any issues, however large or small, arise with these boxes in the future that we owners are in great hands! That's saying a lot considering many manufacturers sell products and turn their backs on their paying customers.

Kudos VaporCube!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I sent some suggestions to Hohm Tech about the mod inlays and their update software. Hopefully they consider the advice and go along with the software tip atleast.
The Bronzed Red Limited Edition Box I bought is more orange then red and when buying it I thopught it was as dark as it was on my screen, like blook or brick red. Its just slightly more red then the orange box and I told them they should mention this or made the anozidizing a deeper red, this was my only gripe with the box I bought.

I suggested instead of the gender signs that do not make one bit of sense and seem pointless, make them the Sigma, Omega, and Pi Symbols. at least they are part of the math and are relative to the device and vape scene. I think they would look much cooler on the mod myself...
The Software changes I sent with notes, but they also need to include the drivers for the device in all the folders instead of just in the Win 10 section. This would be great for users that need to view the hidden files to copy or move them into the folder(s) they need them in just for the device to be recognized by their computers. It would make it a true plug and play operation for all Windows PC variants...Some people wont have the know how to view these folders and files that are hidden and if they are on the first few updates they wont be able to use Kanthal TC very well and wont have the options available on the newer updates.

My Settings:

I am using a FSK Temp Curve of 17%, 100w, and 550°F on a .1 Build and its vaping just like any other Temp Control Wire but it taste and feels much moire like a Kanthal build does. Its simply beautiful.

Quick Tut on how to set it up for Kanthal/Nichrome TC:
Make sure when you place your RDA/RTA/Tank on it its room temp or it will lock whatever the resistance in as that, the resistance lock that you can use sets a lock on the highest resistance under load....DO NOT USE THE RESISTANCE LOCK!

Set your settings the way you would on any other TC Device the way you like it (Temp/Wattage) and then go into the FSK Temp Curve Option, this is how to calibrate your RDA/RTA/Tank to your settings you want. You raise or lower the percentage to where you think it feels correct, this is easier if you have another TC Device or have used one enough to know what should feel right.

If anyone needs help or has questions on the Hohm Wrecker G2 feel free to leave a reply below...

Last edited:

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok, I am a bit lost in regards to the update.... I too have windows 7, thought I did the update correctly and completely? Is there something I was missing, hidden files and what not? I am not the most computer savvy individual so any insight would be greatly appreciated! :)

When I get my unit back I am going to stare at your last post intently and try to follow your setup instructions! Thank you so much for taking the time and energy to help us all out in getting our mods dialed in!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ok, I am a bit lost in regards to the update.... I too have windows 7, thought I did the update correctly and completely? Is there something I was missing, hidden files and what not? I am not the most computer savvy individual so any insight would be greatly appreciated! :)

When I get my unit back I am going to stare at your last post intently and try to follow your setup instructions! Thank you so much for taking the time and energy to help us all out in getting our mods dialed in!
Did you open the program and it show this?
551504628556931d8f8e022d25e37dc4.png

or this?
8cbb06a1988a5ebd6e8f9c35c33f43fa.png

If you cannot view hidden files your folder may seem empty, the folders have a bunch of files in them.

ac05eeea95562329cc236519bfd298ad.png
5f9e708d606952b2d909c16893db1cca.png

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ahh it did it over a week ago (and don't have my device here to recheck) but I believe it was the second screen.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ahh it did it over a week ago (and don't have my device here to recheck) but I believe it was the second screen.
Then it wouldnt of updated. You would need to select the Firmware Version and then a progress bar at the bottom of the Updater will skeet across a few times and tell you its completed.
When you get your HWG2 back, hold you Mode/Up/Down buttons at the same time and find what Firmware Version you have and reply back with it and Ill tell you if you need to update it or not, some versions were sent with newer updates.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok, I will check it out when I receive it back from vaporcube and let you know.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
For those that would like Hohm Tech to make a Version with the Symbols and the Changes I suggested please comment HERE, if everyone (atleast 5 others) also chime in or agree with my suggestions then Hohm Tech may actually create them like that instead....

Just find my comment, should be the first on the page or down a couple and post what you think.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anybody want a blue one?

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nope, just read new posts.

Not my color, but for the price, it is doable. Is yours the regualr or LE? Let's see if I can sell more vapor crap and come up with funds. :cool::D

VU Sponsors