Become a Patron!

How did you get introduced to vaping?

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is. It has all the album words munged; just the artwork. One of my all time faves.

The Golden Age of Music. When every song on an album was great... Kicked off with The Beatles in '62, sailed through the late 60s with CSN&Y, etc... and capped in the mid 70s with bands like Led Zeppelin, Tull, Allman Bros, etc. Could have used vape gear back then for you-know-what. :D

Fossal

Member For 4 Years
Yes it does, and to learn new skills. I started smoking at age 12 (given cigarettes by an old country doctor, I was a "nervice" child) I lived an active and agressive life and thought about it, now as I get closer to maturity things are more in balance.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My children had been pestering me to quit for years......my adult son had been vaping recreationally to cut down his adhd symptoms and thought it might be thing that worked. I went to a vape shop and got an AIO pen and some Mother’s Milk. I was sold instantly.....never had another cig. Within a month or so, I had graduated to a Coolfire 4 kit. 6 months later I had quite a few regulated mods and sub ohm tanks. Two years later? I could open a vape shop, House juice and all. My children are pleased.....

In the two years since quitting smoking, I have been diagnosed with pre diabetes and Hashimoto’s hypothyroidism. Smoking was making everything so much worse......since quitting, I feel a lot less tired and the wheeze in my chest is gone. I’m not sure where I would be now if I had continued to smoke. It’s a struggle to stay healthy now....I can’t imagine trying while smoking!

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes it does, and to learn new skills. I started smoking at age 12 (given cigarettes by an old country doctor, I was a "nervice" child) I lived an active and agressive life and thought about it, now as I get closer to maturity things are more in balance.

Wow... that's amazing that a doctor recommended cigarettes to calm a CHILD. He probably smoked and they calmed him. What a terrible turn of luck for you way back then. But your luck has turned again. Thank god for that!

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I
The Golden Age of Music. When every song on an album was great... Kicked off with The Beatles in '62, sailed through the late 60s with CSN&Y, etc... and capped in the mid 70s with bands like Led Zeppelin, Tull, Allman Bros, etc. Could have used vape gear back then for you-know-what. :D

I use vape gear NOW for you-know-what.

Andria

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
[...] I went to a vape shop and got an AIO pen and some Mother’s Milk. I was sold instantly.....never had another cig. [...]

In the two years since quitting smoking, I have been diagnosed with pre diabetes and Hashimoto’s hypothyroidism. Smoking was making everything so much worse......since quitting, I feel a lot less tired and the wheeze in my chest is gone. I’m not sure where I would be now if I had continued to smoke. It’s a struggle to stay healthy now....I can’t imagine trying while smoking!

Sometimes when we have a sustained negative habit (like smoking) even once we quit it has a "tail of effects" that has to be given time to dissipate and reverse... even while we improve in other areas. You might find as time goes on some of the recent health issues will tend to improve instead of the opposite. But either way, yes, you're much better off vaping vs smoking, so that's going to help regardless!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes when we have a sustained negative habit (like smoking) even once we quit it has a "tail of effects" that has to be given time to dissipate and reverse... even while we improve in other areas. You might find as time goes on some of the recent health issues will tend to improve instead of the opposite. But either way, yes, you're much better off vaping vs smoking, so that's going to help regardless!

Or, the huge change of quitting something you've done for decades can suddenly reveal a health issue you weren't even aware of. That was the case for me, with dehydration -- I always knew I was kinda borderline dehydrated, because of my constant struggles with terrible leg cramps, but nothing much ever seemed to help it. After I started vaping, the dehydration got worse in a hurry, to the point I was suffering SEVERE foot and leg edema, along with painful lumps on the bottom of my right foot. It took me a while to sort that out, but I finally did, partly with coconut water daily, and partly by drastically reducing both caffeine and sodium.

Unfortunately, the problem has recurred, thx to some gabapentin I took for a few weeks, and I'm having the very devil of a time getting rid of it this time. I've chugged about 50 oz of water so far today, and about 16 oz of coconut water; plan to consume at least another 8 oz of coconut water before bed. Hoping I can get a handle on it again, because it's very painful.

Andria

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Andria Sorry to hear that. The intake should definitely fix the problem. Just keep it up by drinking throughout the day, even after the crisis has passed. Vaping can also dehydrate you. Since I started vaping I keep a huge glass of water at arm's reach and drink throughout the day, just to be sure I'm getting plenty of fluids. It's a good practice even when not dehydrated. Good luck!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Andria Sorry to hear that. The intake should definitely fix the problem. Just keep it up by drinking throughout the day, even after the crisis has passed. Vaping can also dehydrate you. Since I started vaping I keep a huge glass of water at arm's reach and drink throughout the day, just to be sure I'm getting plenty of fluids. It's a good practice even when not dehydrated. Good luck!

Yeah, mostly I sit around drinking decaf tea, but I've lately gotten back into a bad habit of soda drinking, and I gotta knock that shit off. I know better than to totally remove caffeine all at once; today I had just one cup of real tea this morning, instead of my usual 2-3, and I didn't drink any soda today, and I have a mild headache, I just noticed -- but totally removing caffeine all at once and it would NOT be mild. :D

My left big toe hurt so bad when I got up this morning, I was looking up gout, because I know that's often the exact place it first presents itself... but I don't eat much if any of the foods that are supposedly bad for causing it, and there were no metabolic markers for anything like that when I had full blood work done in Feb... so I suspect it's just a new location for the same ol problem. :facepalm: I'll just keep forcing all types of fluids except the caffeinated kind, I'll stick to the one cup in the morning to keep the headache at bay.

Andria

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't go anywhere without my 30 oz. Yeti tumbler. I prolly drink 10 times the water daily that I used to when I smoked. If I don't hydrate I get leg cramps pretty fast. Unintended consequences but an easy remedy for me.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, *mostly* these days, I stay pretty hydrated, which doesn't seem to have a huge effect on the foot/leg craps; I think they're probably more because of the Advair I use, which contains salmeterol -- a potassium thief like you wouldn't believe. Hence the coconut water, a terrific source of potassium. I think I've just let the soda drinking get out of hand, since discovering real-sugar Pepsi in those small 8oz cans -- the high-fructose corn syrup Pepsis taste like disinfectant to me, so I quit drinking them when they went to using that shit. But now I can get the REAL Pepsis again, and just went a little nuts. :D

My regimen yesterday, of about 60 oz of water and 20oz of coconut water seems to have done a good job, though; my big toe barely hurt at all when I got up, mainly just a bit of residual pain I think, and the soreness in the muscle just above my right ankle (which I get when the edema is bad) also is much less. So I drank the same 20oz of water when I got up that I drank yesterday, had just the one cup of real tea, and have now switched to decaf... I'll continue with the rest of the water/coconut water today again, and hopefully by the weekend, the edema and soreness will be completely gone as it was before I went crazy with Pepsi. :D I shall return to my 1 or 2 a month instead of 1 or 2 a day. :giggle:

Andria

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only thing 'vaping' I'd seen was cigalikes in gas stations. I got one in a single pack for my mom while she was laid up in the hospital for a few days probably 6yrs ago. I was still smoking until it got so bad I couldn't breathe and had to do something. I tried the one I got her years back and it sucked. Started digging around on the internet and got a cigalike starter kit from v2 to see if it would even work for me. Used that for a bit, then searched around some more and found ego pens. Used those for several months until I got sick of expensive shitty coils with the silica wicks. Decided I wasn't going to be stuck depending on those and went for a small box mod and rta, got a couple small spool of wire and some cotton. Been vaping for around 3.5yrs now.

jme7488

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A friend of mine had stopped smoking by switching to vaping. As a 2-3 a day cigar smoker, decided to give a try. Wasn’t easy though, at that there wasn’t as many choices to select from. Finally found a cigar look alike device that worked like a charm and haven’t looked back. That was about 9 years ago. Wish we have had the multitude of products back then as we do now would made things easier.
The hardest thing that most have just starting out is vaping provides entirely different sensation than cigars or cigarettes and that takes a little while to get accustomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Actually I found the sensation so remarkably similar, it was a piece of cake. The mouth-tingle when I vaped after eating, the taste of the ejuice so similar to my Virginia Slims (which everyone assured me I wouldn't find, so I'm glad I'm hard-headed and didn't listen to all the naysayers' negativity). I was able to get to the point of quitting while using cigalikes, probably because no one had told me that was impossible.

If one wants to find excuses why one can't quit, one will always find them. If one wants to find reasons why vaping makes quitting simple, one will find those too, though granted, in some cases, one might need to look a little harder.

Andria

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I was smoking quite a bit 3 years ago and wanted to try it out since vape shops were popping up left and right. On a whim I popped into a random vape shop I drove past and tried a few flavours, they were pretty good so I picked up an Aspire vapor pen. I wanted thicker vapor and more favour so I got a kangertech subtank mini and enjoyed that for about two years. Last year I picked up an IPV4s for cheap and have been vaping on it since. I upgraded my RTA to a SMOK TFV8 and got a KALI V2 RDA. Will probably get a GeekVape GBox squonker in a month or two.

Sent from Star Destroyer Executor

VU Sponsors