Become a Patron!

How much juice do you go through a day?

OhSnap9292

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've only been vaping for a few days and I only just found this forum today, but I've seen a common theme of people disliking the common $20/oz price tag on most juices. I'm trying to extrapolate how much I'm going to be throwing down monthly on juices. I was just wondering how much juice does the typical vaper go through a day?

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I consume about 90ml of juice a week, which equals 66 dollars.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If youre using a clearo at an ohm to an ohm and a half or even 2 ohms you could get away with 15ml a week of chainvaping and still have some left to spare. Its when you hit sub ohms, fancy shmancy rda builds and high wattages(50+) that you start guzzling juice.

OhSnap9292

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought an eGo One which comes with a 1-ohm and a .5-ohm coil. I still don't know what the best place to pick up juice. Right now I'm just going to Wild Bill's Tobacco which is a huge chain store in Michigan. They recommended me Tarot Labs which was something like $20/oz. I'm hoping it takes me more than a week to kill this bottle, otherwise I'm gonna have to find a new place to buy juice.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Theres a lot of economic juice out there. Theres a bunch of threads ive seen where they talk about juice options.

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Way too much, if I'm working about 20-30 mls a day. If I'm at home about 10. Still less than 2 packs of American Spirits a day, so I'm saving a little money at least.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I drip.. I have a tank.. (sub tank)
my dripper usage.. between 15ml and 25ml per day..
my tank 2 maybe 3 fill ups at 5ml a day.. <i dont use it often..

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Drippers are notorious juice guzzlers. I vape a lot less out of an older generation tank at low power. The truth is, both keep me off cigarettes, but I still prefer dripping :)

OhSnap9292

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Drippers are notorious juice guzzlers. I vape a lot less out of an older generation tank at low power. The truth is, both keep me off cigarettes, but I still prefer dripping :)
What's the difference between a dripper and a tank?

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A dripper is an atomizer with nothing else (i.e. just the coil and the wick). You replenish the wick manually when the vapor goodness runs out.

A tank is essentially a dripper with, well, a tank added to it, to keep the wick wet without you having to do it. You just need to fill up the tank when it runs out. They're usually called "clearomizers" - or used to be called that? I have the feeling the name is fading away, or it tends to refer to older tank designs perhaps.

EDIT: come to think of it, a tank originally refers to one of those awful slip-on things that turns cartos into clearos - complete with the punch tool and all that crap I don't want to hear about no more :) But nevermind that.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Depends on the day, for me. Work days, maybe 4 or 5mls. Weekends, quite a bit more per day. Lately, more than usual, but am dropping my nic a tad, too. I'll adjust in a couple days to that.

If you ever get interested in making your own, you'll have the initial set up cost, but in the long run, it's much cheaper. The DIY section here is awesome. If you're not into making your own someday, I know you'll get lots of suggestions.

The contests sections are pretty big here, too, and the coupons. Lately, the are a lot of PIF juices, too, in the trading section.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nautilus - maybe 3-4ml a day
Atlantis - 6-8ml a day
RDA - largely depends on the build and juice. 10-20 a day.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
First of all, here is a good place to purchase your E-Liquids.

http://www.bulkejuice.com/

$7.75 per 30ml bottle for most of their flavors and $12.99 for their Signature flavors. Orders over $30 have free $&H.

I have been using the 2.5 ml eGo one tank and if I was vaping that 100% of the time, I am guessing I would be going through 4 to 5ml per day.

A lot of it depends on your own vaping habits and the atomizer you are using.

Drippers usually have 2 to 4 coils and they go through liquid a lot quicker.

With a single coil RBA tank, about 6 to 8ml per day.

And by the way, be prepared to pay more for everything (including E-Liquids) at your local B&M (Brick and Mortar) than you will online.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've only been vaping for a few days and I only just found this forum today, but I've seen a common theme of people disliking the common $20/oz price tag on most juices. I'm trying to extrapolate how much I'm going to be throwing down monthly on juices. I was just wondering how much juice does the typical vaper go through a day?

Juice has gotten expensive. Mostly because of all the weird concoctions. Stay away from Brick and mortar, you'll pay a lot more. Most stores by me sell for about $13 for 15ml glass bottles.

Find an online juice maker and get from them and you'll pay $10-$15 for 30ml plus there's always coupons. I get the sample packs from good life vapor. $50 for 4, 30ml bottles and they usually have a 10% coupon floating out there.

I vape about 10-15ml a day but I'm no a sub ohmer.
I drip my flavors and then my all day vape is a diy mint. That cost me about $6 to make 100ml and I go through about 3 kayfun4 tanks a day of it gaping at about 12-15 watts

Dabble with diy is cost is an issue. Depending on the flavors you use and how much you add to he juice you can make your own for 3-5 cents a ml. Most expensive ingredient is the nic base and flavors.

Hi! With my I clear 3 mill tank, I can puff all day for at least a week and only go down about 1 ml... Try your local smoke shops for less expensive fluid. Some mixes are way more affordable. I get ten ml bottles for 9 to 15 dollars depending on exotic or new brands and nicotine content. Mine are highest nicotine (24). The amount of nicotine can determine price as well..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I go through roughly 5ml a day, dripping onto my standard 1.1ohm microcoil with my wattage at 33.6w for fruit/sweet flavors and 36.3w for darker/tobacco type flavors. But I also go through that juice so quickly because I run massive single coil airflow on my doge v2 from congrevape.

I have found a decent all day vape from Elitejuices.com it's $45 for 240 ml of juice and they have some good flavors, they are my go to for bulk juices

vaping is a lifestyle!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since I basically quit dripping and started using subtanks I use alot less juice...I vape about 10ml a day with at least two subtanks in rotation . I also order the 120ml size bottles of juice for $20 from ITC Vapes about once a month...I always order at least 2 bottles with different flavors of course..I hear they started offering bigger 240ml bottles for like $36 recently, but 240ml of the same flavor doesn't work for me though, I'd suffer flavor burnout for sure! Lol

from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Oberon75

Member For 4 Years
Juice has gotten expensive. Mostly because of all the weird concoctions. Stay away from Brick and mortar, you'll pay a lot more. Most stores by me sell for about $13 for 15ml glass bottles.

Find an online juice maker and get from them and you'll pay $10-$15 for 30ml plus there's always coupons. I get the sample packs from good life vapor. $50 for 4, 30ml bottles and they usually have a 10% coupon floating out there.

I vape about 10-15ml a day but I'm no a sub ohmer.
I drip my flavors and then my all day vape is a diy mint. That cost me about $6 to make 100ml and I go through about 3 kayfun4 tanks a day of it gaping at about 12-15 watts

Dabble with diy is cost is an issue. Depending on the flavors you use and how much you add to he juice you can make your own for 3-5 cents a ml. Most expensive ingredient is the nic base and flavors.
I guess the B&M thing all depends on where you are located. Here is an example of B&M prices where I live. A few juices are up there in price but some are pretty reasonable. For instance. Epiclouds is very good juice for $13. Other stores have bulk juice even cheaper.

2f23b99d4fa203fcf2ced0c1af70c6d3.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess the B&M thing all depends on where you are located. Here is an example of B&M prices where I live. A few juices are up there in price but some are pretty reasonable. For instance. Epiclouds is very good juice for $13. Other stores have bulk juice even cheaper.

2f23b99d4fa203fcf2ced0c1af70c6d3.jpg

Looks pretty expensive.
Mt Baker Vapor sells 30ml for $7, fresh made, and you can get 10% off with the coupon code save10now. I only see one juice in that pic that is comparible in price. Plus, there is no telling how long the stuff in a B&M has been sitting around. Either in the shop itself, or in the manufacturers warehouse.

Oberon75

Member For 4 Years
Looks pretty expensive.
Mt Baker Vapor sells 30ml for $7, fresh made, and you can get 10% off with the coupon code save10now. I only see one juice in that pic that is comparible in price. Plus, there is no telling how long the stuff in a B&M has been sitting around. Either in the shop itself, or in the manufacturers warehouse.
Compared to the $20 per 30ml standard, some of the juice is more reasonable not to mention Tarot Labs and Namber/Epiclouds is much better then a Mt Baker. And as I've mentioned. Other shops have bulk juice cheaper such as the very delicious Nillionaire in a 180ml flask for $70 to $80.

And the shops in my area sell juice at a pretty frequent rate meaning the stuff is restocked regularly. I also don't have to wait for vape mail and another 2 to 4+ weeks for steeping. I have one bulk online juice that's finally becoming ripe which I ordered back in Jan. It took three months for the strawberry to finally peek it's head out in my ITC, Bananaberry Dream.

And if you care about your vaping rights, it's best to support your local shops and local juice companies. For these are the people fighting for your rights at your local county building and at your state capital.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
With the new subohm tanks.. 60ml easy.

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
With the new subohm tanks.. 60ml easy.

Per day? That's some serious vaping, if so, subohm tank or not

I vape around 6 ml a day of unflavored 12mg eliquid that I buy in 500ml bottles from Wizard Labs. It costs me about 25 cents a day. I've been vaping for almost 5 years and after a year or so I got tired of all the flavors, switched to just one vendor flavor, and eventually just preferred unflavored. It's a clean slightly sweet taste with a hint of nicotine bite.

Welcome to vaping and the forum.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Compared to the $20 per 30ml standard, some of the juice is more reasonable not to mention Tarot Labs and Namber/Epiclouds is much better then a Mt Baker. And as I've mentioned. Other shops have bulk juice cheaper such as the very delicious Nillionaire in a 180ml flask for $70 to $80.

And the shops in my area sell juice at a pretty frequent rate meaning the stuff is restocked regularly. I also don't have to wait for vape mail and another 2 to 4+ weeks for steeping. I have one bulk online juice that's finally becoming ripe which I ordered back in Jan. It took three months for the strawberry to finally peek it's head out in my ITC, Bananaberry Dream.

And if you care about your vaping rights, it's best to support your local shops and local juice companies. For these are the people fighting for your rights at your local county building and at your state capital.

Ehh, gotta go to school in a bit so not going to go into detail.
1. taste is subjective. I have yet to find a 'premium' juice that tastes any better then 'non-premium' juices. I am not the only one who feels this way either. I have tried many of them. Some bought from B&Ms while at vape meats, some from a friend that uses a lot of premium juices.
2. Pretty sure that buying from a B&M isn't part of the requirements of caring about vaping rights.
3. Pretty sure the manufacturers do just as much, in not more, then the B&Ms.
4. The above being said, you can get premium juice cheaper online without having to pay the B&M markup, sometimes directly from the manufacturer. This allows you to buy more for the same price and show better support of the manufacturer. They might even get more money per bottle out of it due to not discounting the price when selling it to a B&M.

This is like comparing supporting a bar and paying $3 a shot vs going to the liquor store and buying the whole bottle for $15 and avoiding the 400% markup. I'd do the later, I don't feel the need to pay extra just because somebody felt the need to buy the juice from the manufacturer, double the price, and then try to sell it me to make money for themselves when I can just go directly to the manufacturer and cut out the middleman.
Or, alternatively, just make my own now.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mostly vape unflavored VG at 6 mg, that costs me around 45 euros a liter :)

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ehh, gotta go to school in a bit so not going to go into detail.
1. taste is subjective. I have yet to find a 'premium' juice that tastes any better then 'non-premium' juices. I am not the only one who feels this way either. I have tried many of them. Some bought from B&Ms while at vape meats, some from a friend that uses a lot of premium juices.
2. Pretty sure that buying from a B&M isn't part of the requirements of caring about vaping rights.
3. Pretty sure the manufacturers do just as much, in not more, then the B&Ms.
4. The above being said, you can get premium juice cheaper online without having to pay the B&M markup, sometimes directly from the manufacturer. This allows you to buy more for the same price and show better support of the manufacturer. They might even get more money per bottle out of it due to not discounting the price when selling it to a B&M.

This is like comparing supporting a bar and paying $3 a shot vs going to the liquor store and buying the whole bottle for $15 and avoiding the 400% markup. I'd do the later, I don't feel the need to pay extra just because somebody felt the need to buy the juice from the manufacturer, double the price, and then try to sell it me to make money for themselves when I can just go directly to the manufacturer and cut out the middleman.
Or, alternatively, just make my own now.

I agree completely. My guess is the local vape shops are not nearly as involved in fighting legislation as the juice manufacturers are.

I've bought some cereal killa and other juices at a local b&m and I don't think the flavor is any better than the good life vapor or other ones I've bought online. In fact, the flavor is less, at least for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When i check beard vape co they sell their 30ml bottles for the same price as i get it at vaporshark. This week i have to go exploring for some new juice though as ive played this one out. Any suggestions for nice custardy high vg juice for less than what im paying?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When i check beard vape co they sell their 30ml bottles for the same price as i get it at vaporshark. This week i have to go exploring for some new juice though as ive played this one out. Any suggestions for nice custardy high vg juice for less than what im paying?
Might try ITC vapes...$20 for a 120ml bottle...Suggest trying their Lemon Bar Custard and Cinne Gram Custard..those two are my favorites (VG max) but they have other custards as well as a big selection of flavors...

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
10-15mls a day at 12mg in sub's. I make all my juice so it costs me about $0.35. I probably spend more on electricity charging my mods.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Might try ITC vapes...$20 for a 120ml bottle...Suggest trying their Lemon Bar Custard and Cinne Gram Custard..those two are my favorites (VG max) but they have other custards as well as a big selection of flavors...

How much is their max vg? Theres a dif between 100vg and max vg. That being said i will order both those flavors this week. Thanks for the heads up.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
10-15mls a day at 12mg in sub's. I make all my juice so it costs me about $0.35. I probably spend more on electricity charging my mods.
That's cool
But the money I save not having to buy four cartons of Marlborough a month anymore covers all my juice needs, and then some!
It's easy to order and very good right out of the mail....saving a little money DIY
isn't really an issue for me, but staying tobacco free is...

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How much is their max vg? Theres a dif between 100vg and max vg. That being said i will order both those flavors this week. Thanks for the heads up.
Same price..$20 for 120ml bottle..
But make no mistake, their VG Max is as thick as molasses, in fact comparing it to the 100% VG I get at my local shop its ALOT thicker, I kid you not.. This VG max is so thick its not recommended for tanks (dry hits, burnt wicks, etc)
I drip it on my RDA's and its great!

Last edited:

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I never bought cheap vendor juice so looking at the .80/ml steered me right into DIY. Now that I'm there I have 0 reason to look back. And imported juice will be illegal in my state July 1st of 2016.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never bought cheap vendor juice so looking at the .80/ml steered me right into DIY. Now that I'm there I have 0 reason to look back. And imported juice will be illegal in my state July 1st of 2016.
What state do live in?

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Indiana. The bill has passed the senate and house. Sitting on Gov Pence's desk now. Sickening.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Indiana. The bill has passed the senate and house. Sitting on Gov Pence's desk now. Sickening.
Wow...never thought I be glad living in CA...fortunately no bill like that has been even been talked about..
The average price of custom mixed juice locally here in El Cajon is about $20 per 50ml...is good juice too but quality juice can still be had online a little cheaper..I do a little both...

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm a HIC/FA groupie and I don't know of any juice makers locally that use FA. Also trying to be Diacetyl free so DIY helps.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I hadn't put much thought into this statement until I left for school.
But, are you basically saying that anybody that doesn't buy juice from a B&M doesn't care about vaping rights?

Might be good to choose your reply carefully.
There is a whole section on this forum for people who make their own juice instead of buying it.

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think what he is saying is that draconian state and local laws are more concerned about losing the jobs and tax revenue from the local B&Ms than out of state internet vendors. The legislators don't give a crap about vaper's rights, just money for the state and local coffers and perhaps a pinch of job retention and commercial real estate occupancy.

In states where local vape B&Ms have proliferated into every strip center like nail salons, legislating them out of business is a concern. B&Ms are helping the vaping cause by just staying in business.

Nothing wrong with shopping on line or DIY, just support the B&Ms when you can.

Last edited:

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
whoops, no way to delete errant posts?

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Many online retailers DO have B&M shops as well.
Even the company I mentioned in my first post that has low prices.

Yes, Mt Baker Vapor has a B&M shop.
Address: 7159 Guide Meridian, Lynden, WA 98264
Phone: (360) 526-2318
Hours: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
3_MtBaker_Vapor_ejuice_Bellingham_Retail.jpg

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Will buying nic be illegal as well?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Many online retailers DO have B&M shops as well.
Even the company I mentioned in my first post that has low prices.

Yes, Mt Baker Vapor has a B&M shop.
7159 Guide Meridian, Lynden, WA 98264
3_MtBaker_Vapor_ejuice_Bellingham_Retail.jpg
Sun Vapors here in Santee CA is a good B&M shop that also sells online..
So yes, I agree that many online retailers have a B&M also..Many are here in fact, but vape shop are popping up everywhere here in the southland.. especially this past year..

Oberon75

Member For 4 Years
I hadn't put much thought into this statement until I left for school.
But, are you basically saying that anybody that doesn't buy juice from a B&M doesn't care about vaping rights?

Might be good to choose your reply carefully.
There is a whole section on this forum for people who make their own juice instead of buying it.
That's not what I said at all and if people want to DIY, more power to them. My issue was with the comment suggesting that the OP stays away from B&M stores.

Sure you pay a little more there, (not always) but like any B&M small business, there is overhead being covered not to mention their time and effort involved in local advocacy which most of your shops and local juice vendors play a major role in. So even if you specifically vape home made juice. Spend the extra few bucks and support your local vaping industry when buying mods, attys or even a bag of cotton.

It seems with vaping specifically, you are supposed to spend all of your money online to get the absolute cheapest price possible, even if it's only a $2 difference. Most of us were $2500 to $5000 a year cigarette smokers. But now were too cheap to support local business?

VU Sponsors