Become a Patron!

How to get back on the wagon

Lesleym1

Member For 3 Years
Started vaping last Tuesday evening and was doing I think okay by going from 2-25 a day to 2-3 and not even using my vape that much then Friday I was fine until I noticed my vaper needed charged so I got 10 fags so I could have a couple while it was charging

Didn't like the taste as much certainly hated how my mouth tasted the next morning . I knew it was going to ne a stressful weekend moving more things out- I am clearing out after my partner died

But somehow I am back on the fags

Restarting tomorrow anyone else done this?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never had the taste in the morning, and nothing brushing and or mouthwash can't cure no doubt, what type of vape gear do you use?

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
howdy! and welcome!

you can do this - and it is not uncommon - quitting smoking is a process, not simply a delineated line in the sand

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If your MOD supports pass through you can vape and charge it so it is never in need of a charge. If you have removable batteries get another married set.

Good Luck and remember when quitting it is OK to want one just don't have it...............

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Started vaping last Tuesday evening and was doing I think okay by going from 2-25 a day to 2-3 and not even using my vape that much then Friday I was fine until I noticed my vaper needed charged so I got 10 fags so I could have a couple while it was charging

Didn't like the taste as much certainly hated how my mouth tasted the next morning . I knew it was going to ne a stressful weekend moving more things out- I am clearing out after my partner died

Welcome to VU -

It took me two and a half years to finally put down the cigarettes for good - just keep at it. Do what is right for you when it is right.

Times of stress are the worst time for backsliding. When you do have a smoke, don't beat yourself up.

This is tough stuff :)

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello and welcome to VU.
JuicyLucy said it perfectly.
Don't give up on the idea and process of giving up cigarettes, but don't beat yourself up in the process of trying to quit cigarettes!
Good luck and all the best.:)

Lesleym1

Member For 3 Years
[QUOTE="gingerbread]Hello and welcome to VU.
Don't give up on the idea and process of giving up cigarettes, but don't beat yourself up in the process of trying to quit cigarettes!
Good luck and all the best.:)[/QUOTE]

Back on the vaper today and apart from one cigarette I haven't even had that many puffs on the vaper- it's raining too heavily, which is odd as before it didn't matter if it was raining or not I had to get my next fix!

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I smoked 3 cigarettes the same day I got my first e-cig, then I took the pack and put it in the garbage.
Those were the last cigarettes I smoked it the last 4 years.

If you have cigarettes just laying around you will be tempted and will eventually smoke them, it's just the way it is.
Always have extra batteries/mod available so you won't have any downtime.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
[QUOTE="gingerbread]Hello and welcome to VU.
Good luck and all the best.:)

Back on the vaper today and apart from one cigarette I haven't even had that many puffs on the vaper- it's raining too heavily, which is odd as before it didn't matter if it was raining or not I had to get my next fix![/QUOTE]
Hello again back on the wagon today congratulations!
From what l've read you have the Pico I-stick (This will be my next mod/device). With this device you don't have to charge your battery via the device itself; you can charge your 18650 batteries externally with a battery charger. So you can have one insitu and another charged or charging thus you have your device available to you all the times. From what l have been reading you seem to "fall off the wagon" whilst your device is charging (which makes sence). Whilst you can use some devices whilst they are charging (not sure if yours is one of them), personally l wouldn't do this.
Are you in the UK? I mention this as you stated Shoreditch in a previous post.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't know which battery you use but Samsung 25R is the default these days, also there are Samsung 30Q and LG HG2 which last a bit longer.
It's always advised to charge only with an external charger.
Have 2 or more, one in the mod and the rest in an external charger.
Nitecore I2 is a cheep and reliable 2 slot analog charger.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor

In my experience if you can get a decent amount of nicotine in your brain for long enough from vaping, once your brain makes that connection between vaping and nicotine, the rest takes care of itself. There was a period where I was still primarily smoking and occasionally vaping, and then one day it felt like it just "clicked" and my brain must've felt like "oh, okay, I can get nicotine from vaping" and I haven't had a cigarette since. Just stick with it, ensure you're using a vape that can get you enough nicotine to make that connection. It will fall into place. The psychological aspect is still there, turning to a cig when you're stressed etc, but just give it a chance and it will fall into place. Whatever you do, don't give up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They're just smokes dude. It's not like you went on a drunken rampage and got arrested for battery like I would do. :D Just start vaping again ;)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
They're just smokes dude. It's not like you went on a drunken rampage and got arrested for battery like I would do. :D Just start vaping again ;)

This is a good point. Very factual too

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Back on the vaper today and apart from one cigarette I haven't even had that many puffs on the vaper- it's raining too heavily, which is odd as before it didn't matter if it was raining or not I had to get my next fix!

Here's the thing: you aren't doing yourself any favors by trying to limit your use of the e-cig -- you need to use it so much, you don't have TIME to smoke or think about a smoke, nevermind the inclination. Vape your freaking face off; vaping with every breath from waking till sleeping is infinitely preferable to even ONE cigarette.

You also need backups for your backups' backups -- never ever get into a position where you don't have SOMETHING to vape; that just gives you an excuse, when hell, excuses are easy to come by, no point providing them to yourself THAT easily. Multiple mods, multiple attys, multiple flavors that you like. Then, if you smoke, it's because you CHOSE TO SMOKE, not because you conveniently left yourself an "out," otherwise known as sabotaging yourself.

But yeah, it can take a little while to be totally smoke-free. Took me about a month to convince myself to lay them down and LEAVE them down, both times -- and it's definitely harder the 2nd time. But at some point, you just have to say NO MORE, and stick to it. If you "cheat," the only one you're cheating is yourself, because everytime you smoke, it re-ignites the addiction in the brain.

Andria

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do love ripe banana flavors, but hard finding one that taste like real bananas....... I took (10) root beer barrels melted them in the microwave and throw it into a bottle of 85vg/15 pg and waited 10 days and praying I wouldn't die, so I gave a 10ml to a buddy and I told him surprise...... He capes it and said wow dude the root beer flavor is intense and sweet..... Thanks dude......

So I went home and now I'm waiting to see if he calls me for any side effects...

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And just in case you run into some of those idiots who say stupid things like "you haven't really quit smoking, you're just smoking something different now" -- I made this last night for Twitter, but it really oughta be a teeshirt or something...

NOTsmoking.jpg

Andria

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Vaping is no magic pill, hell it doesn't even work for most people that try it.......it's a tool one of many in a tool box, you may need to do other things rather than just vape to get off smoking..but the important thing to remember is everybody is different...there is no wrong or right about this...There are alot of dual users people thta vape and smoke..there are people who have taken a year to make the transistion....there is no one way, you are not doing anything wrong..there is a huge thread over at ECF devoted to vapers who are dual users and the struggle they have switching to vaping only....give yourself a break cut yourself some slack,let yourself find out what works for you and stop judging yourself on some preconcived notion of how it "should" be....and to answer your original question .....yes a helluva alot if ,not most people who've tried vaping have had the same experince you have....you may want to look at augumenting vaping with other things to quit smoking...diet, herbs,vitamins,accupuncture,meditation,group therapy for smokers ect....don't look at it as failure....think about how long it took you to learn how to smoke a pack or two packs a day....years? it will take time to learn how to not smoke ....but for alot of us vaping has been the greatest tool in our toolbox.one I think everybody who is trying to stop smoking should have.Vaping is a smoking cessation therapy not a cult.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quantify and cite authority for this please
don't be a total asshole there have been many studies done that show that Vaping is a very effective if not the most effective smoking cesseation therapy, but it is no fucking magic pill, and try to potray it as such does a diservice to people trying to quit smoking and it does a diservice to the vaping world. Vaping maybe a hobby to you, but it started out as a smoking cessation therapy, and for alot of people that is the part they are interested in not in blowing clouds.or collecting gear.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
don't be a total asshole there have been many studies done that show that Vaping is a very effective if not the most effective smoking cesseation therapy, but it is no fucking magic pill, and try to potray it as such does a diservice to people trying to quit smoking and it does a diservice to the vaping world. Vaping maybe a hobby to you, but it started out as a smoking cessation therapy, and for alot of people that is the part they are interested in not in blowing clouds.or collecting gear.

Am not being an asshole and this is far from a hobby for me. I am a recovering 37-years tobacco addict.

I want to know what actual science (not garbage studies out out there, real science) that says vaping doesn't work for quitting cigarettes for most people.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Am not being an asshole and this is far from a hobby for me. I am a recovering 37-years tobacco addict.

I want to know what actual science (not garbage studies out out there, real science) that says vaping doesn't work for quitting cigarettes for most people.
then read the studies asshole..I already have.sorry your fucking nose got bent out of shape but vaping nazis are as bad as the ANTZ fucks..we don't understand the nature of addiction to damn near anything, and we sure as hell don't have a handle on how to get people off addiction. I don't know how long you've been in the vaping world, but it must not be long or you are obtuse as hell. fucks like you who pass off vaping as some miracle cure are leading people who are smokers down a road that there is something wrong with them if they don't kick or if they..like Lesely ...go have a couple of smokes...think there is something wrong with them that they can't be cured or that vaping doesn't work for them and they give it up instead of using vaping as one of many tools in their toolbox toward kicking smoking......you dumbshit I didn't say vaping doesn't work for quitting smoking...I said it ALONE doesn't work to get the majority of the people who've tried it to quit smoking, and probablly the biggest reason it doesn't is because they have some fucked up idea that if vaping doesn't make their urges dissapear overnight it doesn't work. We are starting to realize that nicotine maybe the least part of the smoking addiction.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

There isn't any... just all us anecdotes running around vaping INSTEAD OF smoking.

Andria

Venom Ballistics

Member For 4 Years
Well that escalated quickly...
I have seen vape fail to pry someone off of analog plenty of times. Each case it was a low end Ego or cigalike device. In each of these cases, a proper mod and rda fixed the problem.
Volume is important. You do need enough to get on top of the craving.

The addiction is a complex beast.
It's not just a function of chemical deprivation. There is a psychological layer to this as well. If you found yourself lighting up while thinking through a problem, you will find that these times trigger an urge to vape, even if you are at 0mg.
There are worse fates than sucking steam I suppose

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have seen vape fail to pry someone off of analog plenty of times. Each case it was a low end Ego or cigalike device. In each of these cases, a proper mod and rda fixed the problem.

Sure did for me

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It's not just a function of chemical deprivation. There is a psychological layer to this as well. If you found yourself lighting up while thinking through a problem, you will find that these times trigger an urge to vape, even if you are at 0mg.

there is also the whole MAOI issue to deal with. This will effect some people more than others...gear will do nothing about that...

Venom Ballistics

Member For 4 Years
there is also the whole MAOI issue to deal with. This will effect some people more than others...gear will do nothing about that...
Why wouldn't it?
They smoke for the nicotine and seemingly the comfort of the ritual. Any device can cover the ritual in theory, but the delivery of nic is some kind of personal quota that entry level gear often will not meet. What antidepressants have to do with it is beyond me

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why wouldn't it?
They smoke for the nicotine and seemingly the comfort of the ritual. Any device can cover the ritual in theory, but the delivery of nic is some kind of personal quota that entry level gear often will not meet. What antidepressants have to do with it is beyond me

Why do you think they make WTAs for....because there are MAOIs in tobacco smoke...there are tons of experinced vapers vaping on advanced gear that use WTAs or have used them.I am not saying your advice is not without merit,what I am saying is ..there is no one way no one solution,people smoke for a variety of reasons and so their solutions are going to all be diffrent. It is vital that vapers share their experinces, with the warning of...what worked for me....won't work for everybody, so that people trying to get off smoking feel free to experiment with vaping, and not feel like they failed or that vaping failed them, because they don't get the same results that you got or the other guy got....they need to know that they should try diffrent gear,different nic levels, different juices, to see what works for them....and alot of the times what will work for them is not going to be vaping alone,but vaping alongside other changes in their lives.

Last edited:

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
then read the studies asshole..I already have.sorry your fucking nose got bent out of shape but vaping nazis are as bad as the ANTZ fucks..we don't understand the nature of addiction to damn near anything, and we sure as hell don't have a handle on how to get people off addiction. I don't know how long you've been in the vaping world, but it must not be long or you are obtuse as hell. fucks like you who pass off vaping as some miracle cure are leading people who are smokers down a road that there is something wrong with them if they don't kick or if they..like Lesely ...go have a couple of smokes...think there is something wrong with them that they can't be cured or that vaping doesn't work for them and they give it up instead of using vaping as one of many tools in their toolbox toward kicking smoking......you dumbshit I didn't say vaping doesn't work for quitting smoking...I said it ALONE doesn't work to get the majority of the people who've tried it to quit smoking, and probablly the biggest reason it doesn't is because they have some fucked up idea that if vaping doesn't make their urges dissapear overnight it doesn't work. We are starting to realize that nicotine maybe the least part of the smoking addiction.

wow. pot <---> kettle much?

vaping is indeed not a magic pill or a miracle cure - nor is trolling or blatant offensiveness proof of concept or POV

ever considered upping your nic level prior to posting?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

It's true, and I've cautioned people before that an e-cig is not a magic wand -- though it may seem that way to a lot of us! The first time I quit smoking via vaping, it really did seem like cigarettes were just magically falling away -- and I was using an eRoll (cigalike), but it substituted admirably for smoking, so that after I'd been using it for almost a month, I couldn't figure out why I was still bothering with cigarettes, so I finally stopped bothering with them, with no regrets or backward glances.

But, as I mentioned, I did have a dual use relapse myself, due to some serious health issues, and though it took about the same amount of time to get free of cigarettes again, it felt a lot harder, and it made me realize that as easy as it felt the first time, there really was effort involved, and a commitment -- that latter is the real key, I think, and the reason why regaining smoke-free status after a relapse is so much harder: once you have permitted yourself to break the commitment, it becomes that much easier to break it again, to think, oh just one... and as ex-smokers, I think we all know where "just one" almost always leads.... ;)

So making the commitment, and then STICKING TO IT, that's the real key that opens the door to being smoke-free; vaping just makes it easier, but it certainly won't do it for you.

Andria

Venom Ballistics

Member For 4 Years
Why do you think they make WTAs for....because there are MAOIs in tobacco smoke...there are tons of experinced vapers vaping on advanced gear that use WTAs or have used them.I am not saying your advice is not without merit,what I am saying is ..there is no one way no one solution,people smoke for a variety of reasons and so their solutions are going to all be diffrent. It is vital that vapers share their experinces, with the warning of...what worked for me....won't work for everybody, so that people trying to get off smoking feel free to experiment with vaping, and not feel like they failed or that vaping failed them, because they don't get the same results that you got or the other guy got....they need to know that they should try diffrent gear,different nic levels, different juices, to see what works for them....and alot of the times what will work for them is not going to be vaping alone,but vaping alongside other changes in their lives.
I can entertain the MAOI theory.
one of my earliest observations was that vape is missing something. the transition took 2 packs of smokes over a course of 3 weeks working around that "hole in the plot". More like two weeks really ... third week was a 7 day run without. Two puffs later I questioned my sanity.
I do count this as one of the pieces of the puzzle.
Be it an MAOI or some random natural compounds that amplify the addictive nature of nic, it's not entirely nic alone, and WTAs may be of benefit to those trying to quit a 5 pack a day habit.
after a little over a year, I am at 0mg and I am working on the psychological part of the puzzle. I can go without vape, though the urge to grab a mod still remains in certain situations. Particularly when problem solving ... its my thinkin' stick :idea:
to a lesser degree, the urge hits right after a meal. and it's my battle rifle in the war against boredom.
speaking of boredom, what the actual flock is this doing here ---->:frog:
Fetch me my mod and load my juice

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can entertain the MAOI theory.
one of my earliest observations was that vape is missing something. the transition took 2 packs of smokes over a course of 3 weeks working around that "hole in the plot". More like two weeks really ... third week was a 7 day run without. Two puffs later I questioned my sanity.
I do count this as one of the pieces of the puzzle.
Be it an MAOI or some random natural compounds that amplify the addictive nature of nic, it's not entirely nic alone, and WTAs may be of benefit to those trying to quit a 5 pack a day habit.
after a little over a year, I am at 0mg and I am working on the psychological part of the puzzle. I can go without vape, though the urge to grab a mod still remains in certain situations. Particularly when problem solving ... its my thinkin' stick :idea:
to a lesser degree, the urge hits right after a meal. and it's my battle rifle in the war against boredom.
speaking of boredom, what the actual flock is this doing here ---->:frog:
Fetch me my mod and load my juice

Without WTA, I never could have stuck it out, my 2nd time around, though I did fine with just nicotine, at a fairly low level, my first time around. The health issues I suffered were an appendectomy, and horrific recuperation from it thanks to my IBS; though I had NO interest in smoking, apparently my body had a great deal of interest in those other alkaloids, a couple of which are powerful anti-inflammatories, and apparently my colon needed those substances to finish healing. All I know is that even after I had gotten smoke-free the 2nd time, and was very happy -- delighted -- about it, 10 days later, the powerful cravings that caused the relapse in the first place came roaring back... and after I added WTA, disappeared completely and never returned.

I wasn't a very heavy smoker at the time I quit, a pk a day or less... and I had smoked ultra-lights for more than 20 yrs, and I think that might also be a factor in my need for WTA; I didn't have a very high tolerance for nicotine -- anything over 10mg always made me sick as a dog -- but even in those ultra-lights with their low nic and lower tar, they still contained the full complement of alkaloids, which apparently my body needed, once it was under a severe stress like intestinal sepsis and surgery.

My success with WTA also sheds light on why I was never able to quit before, using the patch -- I've suffered severe depression on and off my entire life; apparently it's my norm, a continuum of depression, and the MAOIs which are found in tobacco -- and in WTA -- were acting as antidepressants which I desperately needed. It took me 15 months to finally wean off WTA, by very slow and tiny steps, and it was hard, very hard, every step of the way -- yet I've barely noticed dropping my nic from 10mg to 4mg over the last 14 months or so.

Andria

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wow. pot <---> kettle much?

vaping is indeed not a magic pill or a miracle cure - nor is trolling or blatant offensiveness proof of concept or POV

ever considered upping your nic level prior to posting?
go fuck yourself you tiny dipshit.ever consider sticking a chinomizer on a hybrid and shoving it up your ass ?

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Without WTA, I never could have stuck it out, my 2nd time around, though I did fine with just nicotine, at a fairly low level, my first time around. The health issues I suffered were an appendectomy, and horrific recuperation from it thanks to my IBS; though I had NO interest in smoking, apparently my body had a great deal of interest in those other alkaloids, a couple of which are powerful anti-inflammatories, and apparently my colon needed those substances to finish healing. All I know is that even after I had gotten smoke-free the 2nd time, and was very happy -- delighted -- about it, 10 days later, the powerful cravings that caused the relapse in the first place came roaring back... and after I added WTA, disappeared completely and never returned.

I wasn't a very heavy smoker at the time I quit, a pk a day or less... and I had smoked ultra-lights for more than 20 yrs, and I think that might also be a factor in my need for WTA; I didn't have a very high tolerance for nicotine -- anything over 10mg always made me sick as a dog -- but even in those ultra-lights with their low nic and lower tar, they still contained the full complement of alkaloids, which apparently my body needed, once it was under a severe stress like intestinal sepsis and surgery.

My success with WTA also sheds light on why I was never able to quit before, using the patch -- I've suffered severe depression on and off my entire life; apparently it's my norm, a continuum of depression, and the MAOIs which are found in tobacco -- and in WTA -- were acting as antidepressants which I desperately needed. It took me 15 months to finally wean off WTA, by very slow and tiny steps, and it was hard, very hard, every step of the way -- yet I've barely noticed dropping my nic from 10mg to 4mg over the last 14 months or so.

Andria
exacttly alot of people smoke for the anti-depressants in smoking... vaping nicotine alone on whatever gear at whatever nic levels is not going to solve the issue....I actually believe vaping could be improved upon to help in this area ...or that we vapers could get the news out there more prominiently, because the tobacco and pharmacuticals aren't . I never knew smoking contained MAOI until I became a vaper and other vapers were discussing it.I suspect the big Pharma keeps that info under wraps so people keep buying more patches at higher nic levels in order to combat their depression....or that they use antidepressants that have some brutal side effects for alot of people.
I read about orthomolecuar doctors treating smoking,alcoholisim and depression with doses of niacin..I read about it on a forum discussing smoking. cessation... I tried it and found that it worked for me pretty well.as for the nicotine..all that I've read seems to indicate nicotine by itself is not that horrible, no more than caffine...I can live with a nic addiction if it keeps me off smoking....

Last edited:

Venom Ballistics

Member For 4 Years

Andria
Ive noticed similar about nic. seems you can make fairly aggressive reductions and the worst case is that you just vape more. for me, nic didn't let go until I was somewhere below 0.05 mg. I think that if my life would have allowed me 4 month spans of predictable uniformity, I could have kicked nic in 6 months or less. As it is in actual practice, I could not adhere to a schedule of regular reductions. While physically possible, socially it was not. Given the curve balls at play, postponing reductions and regressing to a prior level were necessary to avoid punching people in the throat, and the assault charges that come with it in today's candyassed society.
if your solid at 4mg right now ... mix a bottle of 2mg to experiment with. I'll bet you will find you vape more while finding the reduction tolerable.
from there you can probably find a groove and crash dive to 0 in 2 months.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive noticed similar about nic. seems you can make fairly aggressive reductions and the worst case is that you just vape more. for me, nic didn't let go until I was somewhere below 0.05 mg. I think that if my life would have allowed me 4 month spans of predictable uniformity, I could have kicked nic in 6 months or less. As it is in actual practice, I could not adhere to a schedule of regular reductions. While physically possible, socially it was not. Given the curve balls at play, postponing reductions and regressing to a prior level were necessary to avoid punching people in the throat, and the assault charges that come with it in today's candyassed society.
if your solid at 4mg right now ... mix a bottle of 2mg to experiment with. I'll bet you will find you vape more while finding the reduction tolerable.
They've done alot of reaearch on nic addiction...trying to get lab rats addicted to nic, the results have been that nicotine itself doesn't seem to be that addictive and the lab rats didn't develop a very intnse addiction...but I've read somewhere that there are substances in smoking that actually open up brain pathways that intensify addiction.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

So true!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Well, a couple points...

1) I can't afford to vape more; it would seriously distress my asthma -- in fact, if I could vape less by raising my nic level, I would probably try it, but I know that I'm going to vape a certain amount, no matter the nic level. I was going to stick at 5mg, but then all this deeming shit came down, and I decided that I'd probably better go ahead and get down to 3mg and stick there.

And 2) I have no plans to EVER get completely nic-free, thx to 2 different kinds of dementia in my gene pool, from my 2 grandmothers, one who suffered Alzheimers, and one who suffered "ordinary" geriatric dementia, a/k/a senile dementia. Which is why I have now almost 2.5 liters of nic in my freezer, and will probably try to get another half-liter before Aug 8, to bring it to about 3 liters; I'm 55, and at 3mg, roughly 5ml per day, 3 liters of 100mg nicotine should be more than enough to see out my lifetime.

I see no benefit whatever to living longer thx to quitting smoking, if I lose my marbles because of no longer using nicotine. The fact that I'm 55 and have zero evidence of Alzheimers probably means I won't suffer that one, since it does seem to have a rather earlier onset than mid-50s, but the other one, senile dementia, is a definite risk; not only did one of my grandmothers suffer it, but her mother did too; neither of them were ever smokers or any other type of tobacco-user.

I'm also afraid that abstaining from all nicotine would cause my metabolism to slow even more than it has already, causing extreme weight gain, and considering that diabetes GALLOPS thru my family, that's a serious concern. I'm roughly 10-15 lbs overweight, and I'd like to never be more overweight than that, and less if I can manage it.

Andria

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When
Well, a couple points...

1) I can't afford to vape more; it would seriously distress my asthma -- in fact, if I could vape less by raising my nic level, I would probably try it, but I know that I'm going to vape a certain amount, no matter the nic level. I was going to stick at 5mg, but then all this deeming shit came down, and I decided that I'd probably better go ahead and get down to 3mg and stick there.

And 2) I have no plans to EVER get completely nic-free, thx to 2 different kinds of dementia in my gene pool, from my 2 grandmothers, one who suffered Alzheimers, and one who suffered "ordinary" geriatric dementia, a/k/a senile dementia. Which is why I have now almost 2.5 liters of nic in my freezer, and will probably try to get another half-liter before Aug 8, to bring it to about 3 liters; I'm 55, and at 3mg, roughly 5ml per day, 3 liters of 100mg nicotine should be more than enough to see out my lifetime.

I see no benefit whatever to living longer thx to quitting smoking, if I lose my marbles because of no longer using nicotine. The fact that I'm 55 and have zero evidence of Alzheimers probably means I won't suffer that one, since it does seem to have a rather earlier onset than mid-50s, but the other one, senile dementia, is a definite risk; not only did one of my grandmothers suffer it, but her mother did too; neither of them were ever smokers or any other type of tobacco-user.

I'm also afraid that abstaining from all nicotine would cause my metabolism to slow even more than it has already, causing extreme weight gain, and considering that diabetes GALLOPS thru my family, that's a serious concern. I'm roughly 10-15 lbs overweight, and I'd like to never be more overweight than that, and less if I can manage it.

Andria

When l smoked l can definitely say that it curbed my appetite. However vaping does not do this. If l am hungry l can vape as much as l like but l will still be hungry and therefore eat. However l don't gain weight easily thus my weight (dress size as l stopped weighing myself in my late 20's) has not increased.

Venom Ballistics

Member For 4 Years
They've done alot of reaearch on nic addiction...trying to get lab rats addicted to nic, the results have been that nicotine itself doesn't seem to be that addictive and the lab rats didn't develop a very intnse addiction...but I've read somewhere that there are substances in smoking that actually open up brain pathways that intensify addiction.

I'm aware of that research.
there is more to it than just nic. There could be more to it than just tobacco if one takes into account the insecticides, fungicides and herbicides involved in its cultivation.
ignorance can be bliss though.
If you can get the vast majority transitioned to vape without deviating from a basic nic base mix, by all means do it. usually its just a case of introducing them to the right gear. This WTA thing can be good to know if we run into someone like Andria who might not be represented by the majority. From what I can tell from reading up on it, WTA's seem to be a backslide closer to smoking and incurring more of its risks. Thus, the discussion probably shouldn't start there if it doesn't have to.

Venom Ballistics

Member For 4 Years

Now that we are in this WTA discussion ... you do realize that we are only a few design steps away from inventing the happy gas grenade

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm aware of that research.
there is more to it than just nic. There could be more to it than just tobacco if one takes into account the insecticides, fungicides and herbicides involved in its cultivation.
ignorance can be bliss though.
If you can get the vast majority transitioned to vape without deviating from a basic nic base mix, by all means do it. usually its just a case of introducing them to the right gear. This WTA thing can be good to know if we run into someone like Andria who might not be represented by the majority. From what I can tell from reading up on it, WTA's seem to be a backslide closer to smoking and incurring more of its risks. Thus, the discussion probably shouldn't start there if it doesn't have to.

Totally agree about that; WTA is almost as hard to get off of as cigarettes themselves -- because of the interaction of nicotine/MAOIs, I'm sure. The only thing that makes it easier than cigarettes is that you can titrate it very exactly and very slowly, for systematic reduction, which is damned near impossible with cigarettes.

The first couple weeks I was finally free of WTA, I did have a few days of "poor me's", but adding just a TINY smidge to a couple of atties'-ful got me past it. Now I've been free of it completely since first of April.

Andria

VU Sponsors