Become a Patron!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the eVic Vt is junk...

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's junk people. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but mine crapped out after two weeks. The "spring loaded" 510 connection barely moves. After two weeks mine stopped having any spring to it at all and wouldn't make connection to any of my attys. Then a day or so later it stopped powering on at all. I think this has to do with the battery which basically bounces around inside the case. I know a lot of people are going to be butt hurt about this because everyone, including myself, wants this to be the next big thing, and hopefully I just got a bad one, but I have a feeling that's not the case, and I'd bet problems like this are going to start popping up all over the place now that it's been out a couple weeks. Don't let the slick looks fool you, it's another example of Joyetechs infamous crappy build quality. And to top it off the ego one mega tank sucks imo. Take your chances if you just can't resist, but I'd look elsewhere. I'm getting a refund and doing just that. If anyone has any suggestions where to put my money on a QUALITY mod that doesn't cost a fortune I'd greatly appreciate it. I've been through the istick 30, istick 50 (which still works fine somewhat ironically) Smok m80 and now the eVic VT. So my choices haven't been that great and apparently I could use some advice. Thanks!

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's junk people. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but mine crapped out after two weeks. The "spring loaded" 510 connection barely moves. After two weeks mine stopped having any spring to it at all and wouldn't make connection to any of my attys. Then a day or so later it stopped powering on at all. I think this has to do with the battery which basically bounces around inside the case. I know a lot of people are going to be butt hurt about this because everyone, including myself, wants this to be the next big thing, and hopefully I just got a bad one, but I have a feeling that's not the case, and I'd bet problems like this are going to start popping up all over the place now that it's been out a couple weeks. Don't let the slick looks fool you, it's another example of Joyetechs infamous crappy build quality. And to top it off the ego one mega tank sucks imo. Take your chances if you just can't resist, but I'd look elsewhere. I'm getting a refund and doing just that. If anyone has any suggestions where to put my money on a QUALITY mod that doesn't cost a fortune I'd greatly appreciate it. I've been through the istick 30, istick 50 (which still works fine somewhat ironically) Smok m80 and now the eVic VT. So my choices haven't been that great and apparently I could use some advice. Thanks!
Sorry to hear of your cHINA mOD troubles...

Why not try an American Product this time?

Good Luck, Jim

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry to hear about that. Hope you find something you like that's reliable.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the heads up been debating on this one for awhile, maybe look into a Sx Mini or a Vapor Shark dna 40 device I believe the Dna200 will be released soon so keep your eyes peeled.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did you get a refund or a replacement?
I haven't decided yet. I really want the eVic to work out but I really believe it isn't going to. I might give it one more chance and hope for the best, but then again part of me thinks I should take the money and buy something else. Any advice?

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the heads up been debating on this one for awhile, maybe look into a Sx Mini or a Vapor Shark dna 40 device I believe the Dna200 will be released soon so keep your eyes peeled.
Unfortunately, I can't afford the sx or the dna and tbh I think the 40 is overpriced for 40w.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How's that IPV3 working out for you so far? The 4 is having some fairly serious problems and I think the 2 did at some point as well. I've been staying away from the 18650 devices just because of the extra cost of purchasing batteries and a charger but I'm starting to think that might be the best way to go. But if I do go that route I was dual 18650s because of the battery life.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Id suggest the coolfire 4 maybe.. just sayin.. take the money and run and get something that works..
Yeah that's what's my guts telling me. I bought this http://www.vaporbeast.com/tesla-two.html Tesla Two 100w unregulated box mod for a back up and to get me through until I either get a replacement or save up a few more bucks and get something with the features I want. I figured I wasn't taking much of a chance on it for $36. Never had an unregulated though so it should be interesting.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is

Is it possible to get a mod made in the U.S under or close to $100? Or any quality mod where ever it's made for that matter? I honestly don't know.
ProVape.com has all or most of the V2.5 ProVari on sale at that price-point.

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't decided yet. I really want the eVic to work out but I really believe it isn't going to. I might give it one more chance and hope for the best, but then again part of me thinks I should take the money and buy something else. Any advice?
I'm sorry to hear of your experience with the evic vt. My experience has been just the opposite. I personally had zero interest in the mod when I ordered them for our stores. After handling it multiple times and selling it for the first few days, I gave in and bought one for myself. After about 2 weeks of use, I was sold. It is my go to device now. I have grown to like it more than my sx mini because of the large capacity battery and ti mode. I don't like working with ni wire and found that even factory built ni coils are fragile and not reliable. When using it in ti mode this is the first device I could vape all day and not have to recharge or carry around extra batteries and other supplies. If I were in your position I would chock it up to bad luck and give the evic another shot.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to hear of your cHINA mOD troubles... Why not try an American Product this time

My thrice-replaced, twice-repaired Vapor Flask that still won't work right thinks you're very amusing...

Keep telling yourselves American-made products are better than Chinese products people: if you believe it hard enough, maybe one day it'll be true once more.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's because their products are so behind the times they have no choice but to discount them heavily if they want to shift them. Not exactly a good example of cheap US-made products...
You are right...

Not a good example of cheap US-made products...

A Great Example of Affordable US-made products...

PS When will the Haters stop Hating?!?

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm sorry to hear of your experience with the evic vt. My experience has been just the opposite. I personally had zero interest in the mod when I ordered them for our stores. After handling it multiple times and selling it for the first few days, I gave in and bought one for myself. After about 2 weeks of use, I was sold. It is my go to device now. I have grown to like it more than my sx mini because of the large capacity battery and ti mode. I don't like working with ni wire and found that even factory built ni coils are fragile and not reliable. When using it in ti mode this is the first device I could vape all day and not have to recharge or carry around extra batteries and other supplies. If I were in your position I would chock it up to bad luck and give the evic another shot.
Well, I decided to get a replacement because I really liked it while it worked, so I'm hoping I just managed to get a bad one. But I am still concerned about the quailty of the thumb wheel and the battery shaking around inside of it, but I'll give it another chance and hope for the best.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I ain't no hater, just a realist. The United States used to lead the world in innovation, quality and value. Those days are long gone. China nowadays can make good, innovative products as well as they can make crap copies of US products.

There are those who recognize this as a simple fact, and those who refuse to face reality and call the former "haters".

The truth is, I'm old enough to remember when this was a great country, and I'm saddened to see it on a steep decline. I don't hate the US, I pity it. But such is the way of the world.

Just make sure you brush up on your Cantonese :)

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I decided to get a replacement because I really liked it while it worked, so I'm hoping I just managed to get a bad one. But I am still concerned about the quailty of the thumb wheel and the battery shaking around inside of it, but I'll give it another chance and hope for the best.
Good Luck let us know how it turns out.

sonarman

Member For 4 Years

I don't know if you should have done that. One guy on here bought one and it broke after 2 weeks. Seemed like it was pretty bad cause I read it on a few different threads. He also said that he bet more were going to fail as well. Buyer beware!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You are right...

Not a good example of cheap US-made products...

A Great Example of Affordable US-made products...

You first. If it's an American product, or Chinese product, there will be duds and bad production runs. That's the nature of mass produced consumer electronics. Mods are no different then other cheaply produced electronics.

FYI, I own a lot of mods, both American and Chinese and have had my share of minor issues with both. The only two exceptions are my Provari which has been rock solid since I bought it 3 years ago, and a Sigelei 100W box mod which I bought 10 Months ago, also rock solid and it just performs.

American vs Chinese mods? Some of the very best mods are neither, they are from the Philippines and Hungary.

Last edited:

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the replacement craps out on you the ipv3 li could be an option for you. Like you said you will have to deal with batts but to me that is not a con as I dislike the "disposable" mods.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If the replacement craps out on you the ipv3 li could be an option for you. Like you said you will have to deal with batts but to me that is not a con as I dislike the "disposable" mods.
Is anything comin out of cHINA not disposable?

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pretty good reviews going on with Innokin mods. The Pro-60w is selling well. Haven't heard of any of them exploding, venting, or auto-firing
Yet...

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is anything comin out of cHINA not disposable?
I suppose most any regulated mod could be seen as disposable since they house electronics and electronics do tend to fail eventually. Of course repairs and upgrades can be done to higher quality devices and cheaper devices as well but not always practical.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
'm starting to come around to that line of thought.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't know if you should have done that. One guy on here bought one and it broke after 2 weeks. Seemed like it was pretty bad cause I read it on a few different threads. He also said that he bet more were going to fail as well. Buyer beware!
Hmm, well, it's still in the box packaged up and ready to go out.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good Luck let us know how it turns out.
It's not too late to change my mind since it's just packaged up and is going to the p.o tomorrow. Problems is I'll have to wait until my next check to get something in a higher price range but I think it might be worth it.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
George

I am just going to have to call you out on what you keep posting.You started this diatribe in the actual Evic VT thread and then decided to make ANOTHER thread to get more attention for yourself.

I understand your particular Evic VT had issues. But not one other person on this forum who has one, and some members have more then 1, have had the same issues.

Just because you happened to get a bad one, does not make them all bad or mean there is an issue with this product. Yet you go on and on about how bad the product is. Time will tell if more like yours show up. In the mean time most of the ones I have heard about are working PERFECTLY well. Your statements come off as if you are trying to warn the public about a bad product. Yes yours was not so good.

Maybe you did something to it to make that happen, maybe it was just a defective one from the factory. No one is perfect and mistakes happen. But that does not mean you need to go warn the public about how bad the product is base don your 1 piece of the product you have received. You had the option to get a replacement and see if it was just that one. Apparently you went with getting a replacement. If it works well I hope you plan on posting about how well it works.

Until them stop just bad mouthing Joy tech and this product to no end. Give it a rest. You made your opinion very clear in the main Evic VT thread. You didn't need to make another new thread saying the same thing all over to get yourself more attention. most of us who are on this forum and are interested in the mod know you got one that is not working well. I personally say that will happen with any product in any business. You strive for perfection but rarely ever get it. The store you bought it from was willing to do right by you and did. The thing has a warranty. You dont need multiple threads where you act like some authority and declare these products to be no good. From what everyone else who has one is posting, I think you either did something to it, you got the ONE bad one in a bunch (which there is bound to be a bad one in any thing that is mass produced) or you have a hidden agenda. Since everyone else is doing nothing but raving about how well they work and how well they are made.

So to anyone searching for info on the Evic VT and how good or bad it is please be aware that the OP has only received one of this mod and had issues with it, while many others in this forum have received 1 or 2 of this mod and are very happy with it to date.

This may change and more problems with this mod may show up down the road, but as of now the majority seem to be very satisfied with the Evic VT

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
George

I am just going to have to call you out on what you keep posting.You started this diatribe in the actual Evic VT thread and then decided to make ANOTHER thread to get more attention for yourself.

I understand your particular Evic VT had issues. But not one other person on this forum who has one, and some members have more then 1, have had the same issues.

Just because you happened to get a bad one, does not make them all bad or mean there is an issue with this product. Yet you go on and on about how bad the product is. Time will tell if more like yours show up. In the mean time most of the ones I have heard about are working PERFECTLY well. Your statements come off as if you are trying to warn the public about a bad product. Yes yours was not so good.

Maybe you did something to it to make that happen, maybe it was just a defective one from the factory. No one is perfect and mistakes happen. But that does not mean you need to go warn the public about how bad the product is base don your 1 piece of the product you have received. You had the option to get a replacement and see if it was just that one. Apparently you went with getting a replacement. If it works well I hope you plan on posting about how well it works.

Until them stop just bad mouthing Joy tech and this product to no end. Give it a rest. You made your opinion very clear in the main Evic VT thread. You didn't need to make another new thread saying the same thing all over to get yourself more attention. most of us who are on this forum and are interested in the mod know you got one that is not working well. I personally say that will happen with any product in any business. You strive for perfection but rarely ever get it. The store you bought it from was willing to do right by you and did. The thing has a warranty. You dont need multiple threads where you act like some authority and declare these products to be no good. From what everyone else who has one is posting, I think you either did something to it, you got the ONE bad one in a bunch (which there is bound to be a bad one in any thing that is mass produced) or you have a hidden agenda. Since everyone else is doing nothing but raving about how well they work and how well they are made.

So to anyone searching for info on the Evic VT and how good or bad it is please be aware that the OP has only received one of this mod and had issues with it, while many others in this forum have received 1 or 2 of this mod and are very happy with it to date.

This may change and more problems with this mod may show up down the road, but as of now the majority seem to be very satisfied with the Evic VT
Ha Ha spotted the JoyeTech rep. Nice try.

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ha Ha spotted the JoyeTech rep. Nice try.
I agree with Matt myself. Wait until the second one has a problem, then you will be justified. At this point you found a bad one and it is being made right. No reason to keep bitching.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree with Matt myself. Wait until the second one has a problem, then you will be justified. At this point you found a bad one and it is being made right. No reason to keep bitching.
So you bought one too and are butt hurt about it? Sorry, but the people who haven't bought one yet should know, it's cheap. Spend your money on something else. I fell for it too don't forget.

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So you bought one too and are butt hurt about it? Sorry, but the people who haven't bought one yet should know, it's cheap. Spend your money on something else. I fell for it too don't forget.
Nope, I haven't bought one. Just tired of reading posts by someone that is butthurt for no reason. Hell, my 50w iStick works great and some people are having problems with them. A lot of those problems trace back to careless people spilling liquid into an electronic device. I take care of my stuff and in turn it will last. I've got $20k worth of nitrous controller/traction control for my car and I couldn't get mad at anyone but myself if it got full of oil and fucked up.

Are you trying to hide the fact that you fucked it up by passing the blame?

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mattp169 & SomeTexan I'm not promoting any other product. I'm pissed that JoyeTech is selling another piece of crap and I was stupid enough to spend my money on it, even though I was warned not to. As far as I can tell it's been out roughly two weeks, which is how long I had mine before it shit out. If I had been smart enough to wait for some real life reviews like this one I wouldn't have bought it. Which is why I'm putting MY experience out there for someone else who's considering buying it to see. I knew as soon as I felt it it seemed cheap, battery rattles all over the place, thumb wheel is destined to fail, I just didn't want to accept I got conned.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nope, I haven't bought one. Just tired of reading posts by someone that is butthurt for no reason. Hell, my 50w iStick works great and some people are having problems with them. A lot of those problems trace back to careless people spilling liquid into an electronic device. I take care of my stuff and in turn it will last. I've got $20k worth of nitrous controller/traction control for my car and I couldn't get mad at anyone but myself if it got full of oil and fucked up.

Well, go but one then and see how it works out for you. Do you use drippers? I'd bet not because if you did then you'd know juice is going to leak. Mods should be designed to handle it to an extent. If a ml or so leaks on your tank and it shits the bed, it sucked to begin with.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Why are you in this thread then? Go to one that interests you. What do you care about the eVic for?
THIS thread is about MY shitty experience with the JoyeTech eVic VT, it's pretty simple to figure out.

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mattp169 & SomeTexan I'm not promoting any other product. I'm pissed that JoyeTech is selling another piece of crap and I was stupid enough to spend my money on it, even though I was warned not to. As far as I can tell it's been out roughly two weeks, which is how long I had mine before it shit out. If I had been smart enough to wait for some real life reviews like this one I wouldn't have bought it. Which is why I'm putting MY experience out there for someone else who's considering buying it to see. I knew as soon as I felt it it seemed cheap, battery rattles all over the place, thumb wheel is destined to fail, I just didn't want to accept I got conned.
Sorry but your the only one who has reported a problem. One problem out of how many have been sold does not make it junk. Yes I own one and have none of the issues you have. As a matter of fact I like the TC on it better than the ipv3 li and ipv4. As far as your statement about real life reviews, you would never buy anything because every product has failures and most people only come on line to post about issues not the positive aspects of a purchase.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I think you're right. I'm going to get a refund and spring for something better, I hope. I'm looking at the ipv3 li, but given the ipv4 track record even that makes me nervous.

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, go but one then and see how it works out for you. Do you use drippers? I'd bet not because if you did then you'd know juice is going to leak. Mods should be designed to handle it to an extent. If a ml or so leaks on your tank and it shits the bed, it sucked to begin with.
If my iStick dies I will probably get one. As of now, I'm looking for something with more power. As for dripping, I just got a derringer and I'm getting the rest of the stuff I need to start dripping. But there is no way I'm going to be such a clutz that I dump liquid into an electronic device. I'm not careless. The batteries in these things are not a joke. If you don't respect them, you will get hurt. Plain and simple. I would rather have the device shut down than to autofire until the battery blows up. I had a high end li-po powered r/c boat that came apart at about 120mph. When the battery poped, the explosion would have blown your mind. Chunks of fish all over the crowd and it flipped the jon boat that went out to retrieve my boat. These batteries can kill. Respect them...

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry but your the only one who has reported a problem. One problem out of how many have been sold does not make it junk. Yes I own one and have none of the issues you have. As a matter of fact I like the TC on it better than the ipv3 li and ipv4. As far as your statement about real life reviews, you would never buy anything because every product has failures and most people only come on line to post about issues not the positive aspects of a purchase.
I loved it, until it stopped working! I wanted it to be great, it's not. Does your battery rattle? I bet it does, but you probably won't admit it. The soldering is going to break loose at some point. If you love your great, I'm happy for you. Honestly. But remember this threat when it dies on you in a couple months, at best I'd say.Good luck to you and yours and hopefully mine was just "a bad one".l.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If my iStick dies I will probably get one. As of now, I'm looking for something with more power. As for dripping, I just got a derringer and I'm getting the rest of the stuff I need to start dripping. But there is no way I'm going to be such a clutz that I dump liquid into an electronic device. I'm not careless. The batteries in these things are not a joke. If you don't respect them, you will get hurt. Plain and simple. I would rather have the device shut down than to autofire until the battery blows up. I had a high end li-po powered r/c boat that came apart at about 120mph. When the battery poped, the explosion would have blown your mind. Chunks of fish all over the crowd and it flipped the jon boat that went out to retrieve my boat. These batteries can kill. Respect them...
Well if you just got a Derrenger you're about to find out all kinds about leaking. Good luck, run out and buy that evic you're so excited about. I'm sure it will work out well for you.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't think you're as researched as you pretend to be. Come back in a few months when you have some experience with something other than a nautilus and an istick.

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I loved it, until it stopped working! I wanted it to be great, it's not. Does your battery rattle? I bet it does, but you probably won't admit it. The soldering is going to break loose at some point. If you love your great, I'm happy for you. Honestly. But remember this threat when it dies on you in a couple months, at best I'd say.Good luck to you and yours and hopefully mine was just "a bad one".l.
If my battery rattled I would have sent it back for a refund. I've been vaping for 6 years and believe me I've had my share of shitty mods. Hell we're beta testers in this industry and will be until innovation slows down. Right now I don't see that happening anytime soon. If the solder fails I'll open it up and fix it if it's out of warranty.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If my battery rattled I would have sent it back for a refund. I've been vaping for 6 years and believe me I've had my share of shitty mods. Hell we're beta testers in this industry and will be until innovation slows down. Right now I don't see that happening anytime soon. If the solder fails I'll open it up and fix it if it's out of warranty.
Well good for you. I think it's bullshit to have to fix a mod by taking it apart myself because it was made cheaply, but if that's what works for you then have at it.

VU Sponsors