Become a Patron!

I made it!!

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've got 5 different pineapple flavors, waiting for FA Liquid Amber & TFA Coconut Candy. (which will be my 2nd coconut)
All 5 of the P/As smell different, Caps & TFA the most realistic to me. The FA smells the least like actual P/A to me. (straight flavoring)

My last 3 tries with P/A all went down in flames. Couldn't get the cream/vanilla base right... or the pineapple part...
...the coconut was a challenge too. :(

I kinda suck at inventing recipes but I'll know what I like when I taste it. Mine is a Pass/Fail system... no refinement palate or skill set.
I'm like a Roomba... just keep goin' in one direction 'til I hit the wall & then turn around and head off in another direction. o_O

... and a short 3 months & 11 attempts later, I might get lucky.
I haven't even gotten my mixing kit yet however I'm fairly certain I can manage pretty well.

Luckily I've used micro pipettes (yes we don't use those because it would be impossible to work with but you get the idea) before, although they were for bloodwork... Same concept as handling nic though, wear latex gloves, don't let it touch the skin, don't spill it, ect...

I wish you the best of luck with your goomba method though.

Sent from my dos terminal.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Born and raised in Durham NC. Not as Southern as you thought I bet its weird, my Aunt, me and my granddaughter all talk with the accent (my son is starting to talk a little Southern slang) but everyone else don't have it. The yes and no ma'am are just the manners my mama taught me.
Pretty southern, I'm right next door to ya in Tennessee. ;)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I say yes ma'am and no ma'am too... It's just who I am :)
I say that from when I was in the Navy, also sir..
But regionally it has gone over worse than a fart in church while sitting next to a sweating whore.

Under 40 the females get all sorts of bent out of shape like I called em old and fat while exposing myself to them... Had to change it around a bit... hun, doll, miss etc.

The dudes, well under 40 just get to inflated ego wise and unless a officer of the law they are dudes.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You know you don't have to be an asshole in every thread, right? Every now and again you can give one a break.
You directing that towards me?
I was not being an asshole but agreeing.

If you think I am then take two steps back.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I say that from when I was in the Navy, also sir..
But regionally it has gone over worse than a fart in church while sitting next to a sweating whore.

Under 40 the females get all sorts of bent out of shape like I called em old and fat while exposing myself to them... Had to change it around a bit... hun, doll, miss etc.

The dudes, well under 40 just get to inflated ego wise and unless a officer of the law they are dudes.
This is all so true, lol!

CaptNutz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good morning everyone!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The sub 40ish ladies at least around here bristle and go "My mom is Ma'am! you calling me old?"
Conversation is ended at that point.

Down south it would go over better.
Where I am, ma'am, would rustle some jimmies. But if I go a town over its all good, since that's how that town is. Habit picked up from dating a Tennessee girl.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Where I am, ma'am, would rustle some jimmies. But if I go a town over its all good, since that's how that town is. Habit picked up from dating a Tennessee girl.

LOL, now my town is some sort of SJW bastion of anti free speech. Ma'am and Sir would get branded as hate speech... PC garbage.

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOL, now my town is some sort of SJW bastion of anti free speech. Ma'am and Sir would get branded as hate speech... PC garbage.
Hate speech. What the living fuck? Last I checked its a sign of respect. Damn new age.

CaptNutz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm too poor

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Some TFA % that can be seriously off on sites, since the actual flavor is super strong.
Pineapple. Morphs into something just putrid at high %
Coconut extra. Goes from tropical goodness to sucking on a lotion tube at high %
Brown sugar extra.
Coffee clear
Kona (this one is the devil in liquid form.... read one site said 15% but it is like 1-3 drops per 30 ml. and a long steep time.)
Mango. Over rides if not careful.
Green tea.. go easy or it will get so acidic feeling you will have flashbacks of the cartoon when they put alum in the food and the head shrinks.
Blueberry... can go from light n fruity to putrid.

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some TFA % that can be seriously off on sites, since the actual flavor is super strong.
Pineapple. Morphs into something just putrid at high %
Coconut extra. Goes from tropical goodness to sucking on a lotion tube at high %
Brown sugar extra.
Coffee clear
Kona (this one is the devil in liquid form.... read one site said 15% but it is like 1-3 drops per 30 ml. and a long steep time.)
Mango. Over rides if not careful.
Green tea.. go easy or it will get so acidic feeling you will have flashbacks of the cartoon when they put alum in the food and the head shrinks.
Blueberry... can go from light n fruity to putrid.
I order juice from vapewild (not the best but on budget it's great plus I get 3 freebies every time that are 15 ml I think?) but this last time one of the freebies I got was their juice box flavor. Oh god. It was bad. So so bad. In a dripper it was so strong I almost puked. Then I had to change my cotton cause it was so strong it was stuck in it. But their banchee in a dripper in a low ohm build is to DIE for. The heat just brings out the flavor so well that I vaped it straight for 3 days.

Unless you order otherwise their juice is made to order so you have to let it steep, I consider the 2 day mailing part of the steeping and normally you can vape some of their flavors after that but a few I got last time we're pretty bad so I've given them a week to steep and I'm going to try them out today. Maybe they got better or maybe I just don't like them.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I order juice from vapewild (not the best but on budget it's great plus I get 3 freebies every time that are 15 ml I think?) but this last time one of the freebies I got was their juice box flavor. Oh god. It was bad. So so bad. In a dripper it was so strong I almost puked. Then I had to change my cotton cause it was so strong it was stuck in it. But their banchee in a dripper in a low ohm build is to DIE for. The heat just brings out the flavor so well that I vaped it straight for 3 days.

Unless you order otherwise their juice is made to order so you have to let it steep, I consider the 2 day mailing part of the steeping and normally you can vape some of their flavors after that but a few I got last time we're pretty bad so I've given them a week to steep and I'm going to try them out today. Maybe they got better or maybe I just don't like them.

if you have glass bottles and a crock pot you can assist them along.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This lady happens to be a big fan of Big Nasty. Smart dude, knows his shit, cusses like no one I've ever known and cracks me up pretty much on a daily basis.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
take two steps back.

LOL Take two steps back motherfucker, two steps back.

Last time I heard someone say that a dude got knocked out.

I love it. proceed....

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dude if that is foam.... serious skill.

If marshmallow fluff... BLECH.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
d4d903cbe458c8cccd0ef0b8f51c6857.jpg

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Still scratching my dome about sharkie's ire and venom, since I did not drop the holy trinity of foulness.
@Tina Ellis liked it so I am just stumped.

if it was taken rudely sorry it was meant as more of a joke on how sir and ma'am are taken around here.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think you're being confused with MrScary, but I'm too lazy to go back and check.
I think he took sweating like a whore in church as offensive.
As for the others sure is not what I posted.

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha Ha ...When younger Guys call Me Sir,I quickly come back with..HEY!,don't cuss at Me!.....Throws 'em every time!....Z

Tina Ellis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Still scratching my dome about sharkie's ire and venom, since I did not drop the holy trinity of foulness.
@Tina Ellis liked it so I am just stumped.

if it was taken rudely sorry it was meant as more of a joke on how sir and ma'am are taken around here.
I think he was confusing you with the asshole making a crack about my pic. I didn't take any offense whatsoever to anything you said. No worries here

Tina Ellis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Any luck on the blueberry?
I was trying to find the post where someone said its really hard to mess up with diy so I could tell them it wasn't too hard at all!! My concoction is/was a disaster!! I doubled the raspberry because I took the peach out and it tastes like whoa and damnit mixed!! Thing is, I don't taste anything but blueberry and I didn't even use that much! Idk how to fix this, only so much pg and vg came with this win and I've screwed up 30mls just like that!
Sorry for yelling... All the exclamation points... I get worked up so I tend to holler :)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was trying to find the post where someone said its really hard to mess up with diy so I could tell them it wasn't too hard at all!! My concoction is/was a disaster!! I doubled the raspberry because I took the peach out and it tastes like whoa and damnit mixed!! Thing is, I don't taste anything but blueberry and I didn't even use that much! Idk how to fix this, only so much pg and vg came with this win and I've screwed up 30mls just like that!
OK this one is easy.
Peach will come across as perfume, raspberry as chemical but rocket the blueberry into putrid levels.
Just leave it. cap off let it air out.

Tina Ellis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OK this one is easy.
Peach will come across as perfume, raspberry as chemical but rocket the blueberry into putrid levels.
Just leave it. cap off let it air out.
Will the blueberry tone down? Can I add peach or no? I should've left it alone. It tasted awesome as it was... Idk why I changed it up

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Because we have to play. No matter how good it is, we still think it could be better. I've ruined many doing the same thing.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Will the blueberry tone down? Can I add peach or no? I should've left it alone. It tasted awesome as it was... Idk why I changed it up
You can but I would hold off till the raspberry calms down a hair.

Might take a day or three.

OR if you have glass bottles and a crockpot you can warm bath them on warm setting for an hour or so... shake with cap on VG retains heat, TRUST me that burn you like grease. turn off the crock and let them cool.

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Tina, are you measuring by drops or using syringes? What % are you using?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oops. :oops:

I would suggest smaller amounts until you've acquired extra PG/VG.
Make a small, simple "shake & vape" bit to use while you play with more adventurous recipes.

The "bit of logic" comment relates to flavor combinations and percentages of flavoring.
Read all you can about amounts others use... of that manufacturers flavors. They vary... a lot.
If most folk are using 7% as a standalone flavor... I'll try 3-5%. I can always add more.
Some (FlavourArts for example) might use just a third as much as say TFA or Capellas.
if it's a recipe with say 3 "main" flavors, I'll reduce each one quite a bit. The combo makes up for it.

If a recipe has some ridiculous total of flavor, like 25%... I'll know the author is an idiot.
Just kidding... but there really is a limit where more is not better. And it's lower than you might think.
Or no sense of taste and smell.
Seriously 4+ years of DIY and NEVER gone above 20%

VU Sponsors