Become a Patron!

I now know why vaporgate calls it the dump tank

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are they still MTL tanks or are they DTL tanks now?
The build decks on them were tiny, man the things we had to build on back in the day. It's so much easier now. I love the advancements the vaping industry has made
It's a MTL Tank, some Kayfun fans don't like it saying its DTL. Have no idea why they would, at most with the air wide open it's a loose MTL and at the lowest air it's very, very tight.

I like it when I'm out and about so I don't blow obnoxious clouds while at places like the bus stop. Mostly on my RDA's but the Kayfun is great when mobile in the City.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It's a MTL Tank, some Kayfun fans don't like it saying its DTL. Have no idea why they would, at most with the air wide open it's a loose MTL and at the lowest air it's very, very tight.

I like it when I'm out and about so I don't blow obnoxious clouds while at places like the bus stop. Mostly on my RDA's but the Kayfun is great when mobile in the City.
MTL doesn't do it for me anymore but I hear you.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MTL doesn't do it for me anymore but I hear you.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yeah I like mixing it up a bit, MTL is fine when I'm walking around the City and at bus stops. But when I hit my destinations I break out my drippers.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That Modfather is the best tank I've ever purchased...the flavor is just incredible in that beast.....!

And no damn leaks.....!!

Lord stan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the mason is my abslute favourite tank. the best i ever had. also like someone mentioned before i have not a lot of cotton in there. check a review on youtube and check if all your parts are put together correctly. also pls let us know what kind of juice your using. this is by far my favourite tank. would be a shame if you can't get it to work.. also pics of your build might help.

i personaly believe that either the o ring on the top or bottom of the glass is missing.

edit: checked mine. maybe the to fill sysytem is too lose. there is a clear ring bout an mm thick in the box you might have to add that to seal the fill system.
Mine came with about 6 of those clear spacers. I started with 1 and went to 6 and it leaked everytime. I also started with little cotton and progressively added more until it felt like a brick.
I eventually rotated the silicone under the top cap to where it covered the fill port and that gave me a seal if i kept the tank only 1/3 full but it wouldnt wick. I then worked my way back to as little cotton as possible. When i say little i mean it should be pouring the juice out the air flow and it still wouldnt wick.
I would love to use this tank but don't think i can get it right.
I will show you my build sometime this week when i get a chance to rebuild it.

Thank you so much for offering your help

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i just bought my second one today bcs i love it so much. don't give up. my second one leaked like hell. i had to add two of the little plastic discs to the top fill. now it is dry.
The plastic discs only last so long. I was real happy with my Dumptank for the first 3 weeks and now it is useless. There is a serious design flaw with the 30mm version and I think is has to do with the top swivel.

At this point I haven't touched the dumptank in a week or 2. Was going to try again but figured why bother, it is a POS and vapergate will never see another dime from me unless they come out with a fix.

There are way too many of us having problems with the 30mm version to it just being a coincidence. I probably have 35 RTA's and have never had these kinds of problems, my 30mm BFDFT doesn't leak. I do prefer the vape from the Dumptank though over the BFDFT, it is more airy and a little better flavor.

I would like a Modfather but my days of spending $60 + for a tank is far off after this experience.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The plastic discs only last so long. I was real happy with my Dumptank for the first 3 weeks and now it is useless. There is a serious design flaw with the 30mm version and I think is has to do with the top swivel.

At this point I haven't touched the dumptank in a week or 2. Was going to try again but figured why bother, it is a POS and vapergate will never see another dime from me unless they come out with a fix.

There are way too many of us having problems with the 30mm version to it just being a coincidence. I probably have 35 RTA's and have never had these kinds of problems, my 30mm BFDFT doesn't leak. I do prefer the vape from the Dumptank though over the BFDFT, it is more airy and a little better flavor.

I would like a Modfather but my days of spending $60 + for a tank is far off after this experience.

I have a acquaintance who I trade and sell vape stuff too. As I was putting up post on this pos tank I text him hey I have a dumptank for sale since I'm selling him my lavabox75. Lol. He tells me dude I had it and couldn't get it to stop leaking. He was disappointed in the tank. I laughed and told him that's why I'm selling mine. I agree vaporgate won't see more money from me at all. According to them we the people are the idiots because we can't wick it right. I don't get what's so special about wicking this than let's say the mod father or the boreas. I'm new to rebuildables but I know I can wick my drippers like a champ and I'm getting ok at building my own coils.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's the thing, I had it going for like 3 or 4 days of a great vape and the next day boom, juice all over my mod. Didn't open it up or change anything, just added juice. Add more spacers and fine for a few days then another spill. If the wocking is fine for 3 or 4 days then something else is getting loose and making the tank lose pressure. The only thing that ever gets moved is the swivel top cap to add more juice and it gets loose over time.

That is a bad design and they should offer a fix to all those that paid a premium price for this tank.

They can't tell me I suck at wicking if it is fine for 3 or 4 days, there full of shit.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's the thing, I had it going for like 3 or 4 days of a great vape and the next day boom, juice all over my mod. Didn't open it up or change anything, just added juice. Add more spacers and fine for a few days then another spill. If the wocking is fine for 3 or 4 days then something else is getting loose and making the tank lose pressure. The only thing that ever gets moved is the swivel top cap to add more juice and it gets loose over time.

That is a bad design and they should offer a fix to all those that paid a premium price for this tank.

They can't tell me I suck at wicking if it is fine for 3 or 4 days, there full of shit.

I just put it on the let go app for $35. I can't with this tank anymore

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I just got a call from vapor gate lol. I sent them the dump tank saying it sucks and it leaks. They called me today saying oh we put a build in it and wicked it. Put 30mls thru it and isn't leaking at all. Haha. So the guy tells me not to be a dick but u just weren't doin it right. I asked ok what did I do wrong. He says idk. Maybe this maybe that. How r u gunna say I wasn't wicking it right and don't know what I did wrong. I did send him the tank with the build that was in it. He tells me oh u had a 3.5mm coil. I said ok it was a 4mm build and ur company recommends 3.5 to 4.5mm coils. So idk this company blows and tries to make excuses. Pretty shitty I think. So I hope it leaks when I get it back so I can send them pics and bash the shit out of them on ig. I think it's a shit tank and don't wanna admit. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got a call from vapor gate lol. I sent them the dump tank saying it sucks and it leaks. They called me today saying oh we put a build in it and wicked it. Put 30mls thru it and isn't leaking at all. Haha. So the guy tells me not to be a dick but u just weren't doin it right. I asked ok what did I do wrong. He says idk. Maybe this maybe that. How r u gunna say I wasn't wicking it right and don't know what I did wrong. I did send him the tank with the build that was in it. He tells me oh u had a 3.5mm coil. I said ok it was a 4mm build and ur company recommends 3.5 to 4.5mm coils. So idk this company blows and tries to make excuses. Pretty shitty I think. So I hope it leaks when I get it back so I can send them pics and bash the shit out of them on ig. I think it's a shit tank and don't wanna admit. IMO

Modfather is still king!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I am so done with vapergate, filthy dicks. They would not have to include spacers to add to the top fill if they didn't already know it comes loose after awhile, that is the flaw. Worst company ever

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Modfather is still king!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Gotta agree with Rossco and Manny....the damn Modfather is a beast, which does NOT leak. Incredible flavor from this atty, plus chunky clouds like I've never experienced in the past from ANY atty.

I use 100% VG, not a single problem with wicking, it's just a damn good atty.......:cloud::cloud::cloud:

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Gotta agree with Rossco and Manny....the damn Modfather is a beast, which does NOT leak. Incredible flavor from this atty, plus chunky clouds like I've never experienced in the past from ANY atty.

I use 100% VG, not a single problem with wicking, it's just a damn good atty.......:cloud::cloud::cloud:

Modfather out of stock.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
066abec90ad90e11256a15c46e88e9e9.jpg

68f145f851096326e34de2213edb070f.jpg

Not sure what they did differently from what I did except different coils and it looks like vapergate sent me a whole new tank. I only say that because the box doesn't look like what I sent them and all the accessories bag is closed. Mine was opened since I used everything to try to get it to stop leaking. Idk ima leave it filled overnite and see what happens

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope it works out for you, it is a great tank when the juice stays in it.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Nope not all. Sat it down for an hour and lost half tank of juice. Now they can't tell me I don't know how to wick it. Obvioulsy they don't either. I even tagged them in a pic on instagram with the tank leaking after I got it back from them in mail today. With their build and wicking in it. So they can't tell me it's my fault. This tank blows. Seriously

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Matter of fact. No exaggeration it's leaking worse with their build than mine. My build was loosing juice from the creases around afc and base sitting overnight. Their build is coming out the air flow holes. I lost half a bottle of juice because of this tank.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am so done with vapergate, filthy dicks. They would not have to include spacers to add to the top fill if they didn't already know it comes loose after awhile, that is the flaw. Worst company ever

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

This is the best excuse I've ever heard. Vapergate just called me. Told them it's still leaking and the guy Tyler's answer is maybe the wick got messed up during shipping. WHAT? Are u kidding me. How is that possible with the tank in a bubble wrapped box sitting inside of a glass with metal around it. Wow. That's the worst excuse I've ever heard.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That just fucking sucks, sorry man

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That just fucking sucks, sorry man

Dude I will never buy another vapergate product again. There employees are dumbasses and there customer service as much as they try I guess is terrible.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude I will never buy another vapergate product again. There employees are dumbasses and there customer service as much as they try I guess is terrible.

I am right there with ya, never again will I buy from that company again.

VU Sponsors