Become a Patron!

Interested in using a Taifun, but was told I was ignorant & they were not for scrubs

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've lost faith in all ohms meters. I have 4 plus my DNAs and other regs including an sx. None if them match up, not consistently anyway. They even change whilst vaping sometimes. I think I'll invest in a decent multimeter and hook up a 510 to it. It's the only way to get an accurate reading I think?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use a multimeter and check that with my SVD's readings. Usually, they match or are like 0.1 different.

(I don't sub-ohm particularly, so that sight difference doesn't bother me.)

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I do sub ohm with my drippers. I always dual coil them. But I bought a couple of these ohms meters from fasttech recently because they look nice lol but they're pretty terrible for accuracy. They're alright though for higher ohms. If your coil is actually 1ohm it might say 1.3, 1.4. Depends how it's feeling.

image.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I do sub ohm with my drippers. I always dual coil them. But I bought a couple of these ohms meters from fasttech recently because they look nice lol but they're pretty terrible for accuracy. They're alright though for higher ohms. If your coil is actually 1ohm it might say 1.3, 1.4. Depends how it's feeling.

View attachment 1460

Well, ya could get one of these, The Smoketech Omnitester:

Easily test the resistance of your atomizers, cartomizers or clearomizers. You can also test the output voltage of your batteries with the Omnitester.

The Omnitester comes with 510/eGo threading for use with all 510 and eGo threaded parts.

Accurate to 0.4%

The test amperage is a mere 3 milliamps to prevent any damage to the coils in the items being tested.

The Omnitester has a built in battery and is recharged using the supplied micro USB cable.

To test the resistance of an item, screw it onto the Omnitester, and flip the switch to the resistance setting. The Omnitester will display the items resistive load.

To test a batteries voltage, screw the battery onto the Omnitester and flip the switch to the voltage mode. Use of manual batteries will require to press the firing button while attached. The Omnitester will then display the output voltage of the attached battery.
The Omnitester will display a 1 in the first digit to the left if there is no current flow from battery to the tester.

14 day warranty against manufacturer defect.

http://www.litecigusa.net/Smoktech_OmniTester_p/smok-omnitest.htm

Apparently, it can read 0.25 Ohms without an issue.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah that's pretty good. I think I've seen fasttech selling an attempt at a similar one which I wouldn't buy. He actually vape with it. I wonder what the c rating of the lipo is?

IDK, I have looked and don't see anyone saying what mAh the battery is. :(

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2x800 mah lipo packs it was listed in the reviews on the site. So 1600mah =1.6 Amps with a 10c rating would be 16 max continuous discharge amps. So 16amps. If I got my math correct.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2x800 mah lipo packs it was listed in the reviews on the site. So 1600mah =1.6 Amps with a 10c rating would be 16 max continuous discharge amps. So 16amps. If I got my math correct.
Well your calc is right. However in the vid it's a 900mah battery. I was just curious that's all

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I ordered one of those smok meters as well. I havent receved it yet to test it out . It is suposed to do live testing so it will do me fine if it does .

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It does work pretty well but it only shows 2 numbers not 3. The other cool feature is the built in voltmeter and the ability to do some voltage drop testing but again it only does 2 numbers not 3.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for this thread. I have been vaping for about 2 weeks now, cigarette free since 7/1/14. I got my first rda the igo l and made my first coil with the poxy tiny bit of wire that came with it. It works ok at 1.6 ohm on a vamo v5. I am waiting for my vape mail to arrive with more supplies. I cant wait. I also wanted to work on building coils for tanks. While researching this thread I too have ordered a Taifun and kayfun 3.1. Clones from ebay to try my hand with these too. Thank you all for all the great information and the op for this thread. It saved me hours of research. I research everything before I purchase. Have a wonderful day!

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for this thread. I have been vaping for about 2 weeks now, cigarette free since 7/1/14. I got my first rda the igo l and made my first coil with the poxy tiny bit of wire that came with it. It works ok at 1.6 ohm on a vamo v5. I am waiting for my vape mail to arrive with more supplies. I cant wait. I also wanted to work on building coils for tanks. While researching this thread I too have ordered a Taifun and kayfun 3.1. Clones from ebay to try my hand with these too. Thank you all for all the great information and the op for this thread. It saved me hours of research. I research everything before I purchase. Have a wonderful day!
Congratulations on becoming stinky free. I find when you get into rebuilding you get a sense of accomplishment. But look out once you really get into rebuilding you won't want to stop.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well the taifun arrived today and I built a couple of coils that turned out crappy. The first two using the ss wick and silica that came with it and 28 ga Kanthal. Did not do it for me. I then used 30 ga. 10 wraps around a 1/16 drill bit. Wicked with cotton came out to 1.8 ohms. It is wonderful. Love it. Still waiting on the Kayfun. Hoping it will be here tomorrow. Loving this vaping business. 2 weeks today smoke free.

BunnyAssassin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Persistence is key in rebuilding. I think I built 10 coil/wick combos in my kayfun before I found a build I liked. I write down the wire size and wraps after I build it so that I can recreate it later if I like it. Bahas is correct, its super addicting. Congrats on smoke free. Vape ON!!!

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am thinking about getting a taifun gt clone how are they compared to a kayfun?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The resistance will change as the wire heats up .

And when they cool down.

And when you install a wick and add liquid.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started playing the game right after I had triple bypass heart surgery, & needed something to do to pass the time while I was recovering.

Daniel how long did you smoke the stinkies? Did you start vaping after the surgery? Forgive me If you already covered this.

aussie

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
Daniel if that is working out for you so far you might possibly want to think about an inexpensive DNA device in the future. Really gives you so many more options as far as stepping up the power goes, some food for thought.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Daniel how long did you smoke the stinkies? Did you start vaping after the surgery? Forgive me If you already covered this.
Wabah58, I had smoked cigarettes for 23 years. Started when I was in the Army, & it just never stopped. Right after my heart surgery, I started dipping Skoal, & did that for about 3 years, right up until I lost a tooth. Then my wife started raggin' on me about dipping, & tooth loss & all that shit, so I figured I'd better quit dipping. Losing my teeth was not in the plan.

A good friend of ours turned me on to e-cigs, & I started with the Gamucci cig lookalikes, stayed with those until I saw the big e-Go Twist batteries, stayed with that for 2 weeks, until I found an Innokin Cool Fire 1, bought it, a week later bought the Cool Fire 2, a week later bought the Innokin SVD, and have been using all 3 for a few months now.

I just bought myself a Stainless Steel Sentinel M16 mech mod a couple of nights ago, so I'm waitin; on it. I switched to making my own coils a week or so ago, and I use Kayfuns, & Taifun GT's & I just bought a Fogger V4. Looking into starting my own juice making pretty soon. A friend of mine told me once that I progress faster than anyone he has ever seen, & I suppose that is true. I have a condition called Dialated Cardio-myopathy, which in layman's terms is referred to as "Sudden Death Sydrome". It's where the muscle in the heart just up & quits, no warning, no nothing, you drop & you're dead b4 you hit the floor. And even with the major heart surgery I had, it could not be repaired.

My meds I take every day consist of 18 pills in the morning, & 9 at night, & they have slowed the deterioration of my heart to a crawl, which is good, & I am grateful for. So, you could say I am living with a death sentence that could pull my ticket at any time, so I try to pack as much enjoyment into every day that I can. I DO NOT get upset at shit, I laugh about it, I cannot afford to get upset, stress kills.. So, yeah, I move pretty fast in almost everything, I want to experience as much as I can before check out time, ya know? I love vaping, I mean absolutely fucking LOVE IT. I latched on to a couple of different flavors, blueberry and anything with blueberry, and I pursue them vith gusto.

I'm having the time of my life being a member of the VU, & I am so grateful for VaperJoe letting me in. I might ask a dumb question every now and then, but who doesn't? So, life is short, too short to sweat the small stuff. I try to make every day mean something, and I never let the sun go down on an argument between the wife and myself. So....now that I have written you a book about myself....lol lol, I hope I answered your question. If I didn't, let me know and I'll try again. Until then, I feel the need to vape...lmao....:)

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Daniel if that is working out for you so far you might possibly want to think about an inexpensive DNA device in the future. Really gives you so many more options as far as stepping up the power goes, some food for thought.
I have not written that off either. I'm always hoping I might win one of VaperJoe's giveaways, and I'd love to win the Vaporshark DNA30. Got my fingers crossed anyways...lol

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, My Taifun & Kayfuns are going great. BUT, I got a Mini Kayfun v2.1 (the Ivogo clone version) and it is putting everything else in the dust. The flavor is out of this world and it never leaks! I got it to go in my VTR, but it's been on everything - granted, it looks a little strange sitting on top of most mods. LOL

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Daniel : sorry to hear about your condition & best of luck to you. Sounds like you got the right mindset to deal with it & everything around you. Keep it up.

VU Sponsors