Become a Patron!

iPV4 100w and iPV mini V2 70w

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hate on all China mods these th

ings are junk IPv4 catching Fire clouphors blowing up sx mini m is even junk shorting out . The list goes on if it ain't made in the usa the Philippines or Europe. It is a waste of cash realy quit buying this China junk .
I agree to a point.. I've had my two IPV3's for over 4 mos now vaping them every day.. I've had zero problems with them..
Same goes for my two IPV4's... But I do take care I don't abuse them...
Until a I find an American made high wattage box mod I can afford I'll keep making what I've got work.. My vaping budget only goes so far...

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Last edited:
I agree to a point.. I've had my two IPV3's for over 4 mos now vaping them every day.. I've had zero problems with them..
Same goes for my two IPV4's... But I do take care I don't abuse them...
Until a I find an American made high wattage box mod I can afford I'll keep making what I've got work.. My vaping budget only goes so far...

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
My sx mini m took this fall onto my rubber truck floor picked it up went to do a vape and the mod went hot smoke and all and down button melted off. A 200 China junk last China mod I ever buy . A personal friend had his IPv4 catch fire on him not even charging it . Now on I stick with quality I have no use for high watt box I prefer mechs for rda quality ones. Regulated dna30 40 provari fire my euro tanks great.after it fried I ran the junk over with my semi . I have had mods take worse fall than that and they still work and look fine. Problem with China no qc at all no pride in there work I never bought a ipv or siegeli every time I picked one up felt like junk .

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My sx mini m took this fall onto my rubber truck floor picked it up went to do a vape and the mod went hot smoke and all and down button melted off. A 200 China junk last China mod I ever buy . A personal friend had his IPv4 catch fire on him not even charging it . Now on I stick with quality I have no use for high watt box I prefer mechs for rda quality ones. Regulated dna30 40 provari fire my euro tanks great.after it fried I ran the junk over with my semi . I have had mods take worse fall than that and they still work and look fine. Problem with China no qc at all no pride in there work I never bought a ipv or siegeli every time I picked one up felt like junk .
Oh well..opinions vary...

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
To each there own, but country of manufacturing shouldn't be an instant no. From your comments, I can see how they would dissuade you from Chinese mods. I don't see a melting button as cool at all, or a fire. Your friends I can't comment on, but if you drop something and it breaks, I can't blame YIHI, but an unfortunate user error, that had serious consequences. Did you see if maybe the battery wrapper was compromised by the fall? That would cause problems in any mod. No matter what, dropping an electrical device which contains a serious battery, and internal electronics is gonna come with a chance to break the device.

Again, I respect your view, but I've had an iPV3 since early December, an iPV Mini 2 since March, and an iPV4 for a good few weeks. My experiences have all been extremely positive. If China and quality control are things that don't exist, we all should probably just throw away our cell phones, computers, and T.V.s. The list is almost endless regarding major electronics companies, which contract and have everything made in China, specifically Foxconn. It's the way of the world, and a global economy, as Apple can design everything in CA., then have it made in China. iPhones are already crazy expensive, on contract, and especially off contract. Were they made in the U.S., they'd easily be twice as expensive, probably more.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To each there own, but country of manufacturing shouldn't be an instant no. From your comments, I can see how they would dissuade you from Chinese mods. I don't see a melting button as cool at all, or a fire. Your friends I can't comment on, but if you drop something and it breaks, I can't blame YIHI, but an unfortunate user error, that had serious consequences. Did you see if maybe the battery wrapper was compromised by the fall? That would cause problems in any mod. No matter what, dropping an electrical device which contains a serious battery, and internal electronics is gonna come with a chance to break the device.

Again, I respect your view, but I've had an iPV3 since early December, an iPV Mini 2 since March, and an iPV4 for a good few weeks. My experiences have all been extremely positive. If China and quality control are things that don't exist, we all should probably just throw away our cell phones, computers, and T.V.s. The list is almost endless regarding major electronics companies, which contract and have everything made in China, specifically Foxconn. It's the way of the world, and a global economy, as Apple can design everything in CA., then have it made in China. iPhones are already crazy expensive, on contract, and especially off contract. Were they made in the U.S., they'd easily be twice as expensive, probably more.
Very good TBC!! I agree 100% and I couldn't have stated it better myself! :)

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

wake and vape

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hi guys here is the ipv4 for $65 if you are interested...we are in stock in southern california with the silver..the latest version without the mirrored finish screen problem. i will only have them in stock for another week or so.
Staff Removed vendor links

Last edited by a moderator:

wake and vape

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i wrote a review on the ipv4 here.... Staff removed vendor link
i dont claim to be an expert and i know there are some people here that understand the vape way better than me....i just put the time to review it cuz i have site and i am open to criticisim.

IMO nobody is doing better than ipv and sigelie right now chinese or not chinese......a lot of people wish someone was. The ipv4 is a step down from the ipv3 a lot of people dont realize that. just because it is called ipv4 doesnt mean it is better. It is almost a different product than the ipv3...more plasticy but with better features....well namely two features....magnetic door and temp control. To be honest i dont fully understand what temp control is since ive always vaped with tanks.....and feel it is the tanks that are changing everything. IF anyone is willing to write a temp control aritcle for me in exchange for $ or vapes let me know....because id love to see a good article done on the subject. if i see another youtube vape video im gonna shoot myself.

but anywaythe ipv4 is significantly lower priced when buying from the factory than the ipv3. that is because it uses less cnc aluminum. The magnetic door is made from plastic. Too me the ipv4 looks cheaper than the ipv3. THe ipv4 is hard to make for the factory cuz they are experiencing material shortages...and it has created a big demand for the ipv4 since most wholesalers are backordered. when the factory catches up with demand this will change.

also pioneer4you is re releasing the ipv3 with temp control and magnetic door and 170 watts. its what the ipv4 should have been imo. its called the ipv3 li ...im sorry if thats already not common knowledege i am not sure.

Also the fact that ipv4 does not have usb charging even though it was a promised feature is huge disappointment. i am surprised there is not a bigger outcry about that. Denny the sales manager claimed usb charging during ipv4 intro video...and the first instruction manuals stated usb charging was a feature. i think ipv should have boxed a 9v charger with the unit cuz its expensive for the common joe to source. ..and only a couple dollars when ipv includes it in the package. It would have been a nice gesture to make up for another empty usb port.

Last edited by a moderator:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i wrote a review on the ipv4 here.... Staff removed vendor link
i dont claim to be an expert and i know there are some people here that understand the vape way better than me....i just put the time to review it cuz i have site and i am open to criticisim.

IMO nobody is doing better than ipv and sigelie right now chinese or not chinese......a lot of people wish someone was. The ipv4 is a step down from the ipv3 a lot of people dont realize that. just because it is called ipv4 doesnt mean it is better. It is almost a different product than the ipv3...more plasticy but with better features....well namely two features....magnetic door and temp control. To be honest i dont fully understand what temp control is since ive always vaped with tanks.....and feel it is the tanks that are changing everything. IF anyone is willing to write a temp control aritcle for me in exchange for $ or vapes let me know....because id love to see a good article done on the subject. if i see another youtube vape video im gonna shoot myself.

but anywaythe ipv4 is significantly lower priced when buying from the factory than the ipv3. that is because it uses less cnc aluminum. The magnetic door is made from plastic. Too me the ipv4 looks cheaper than the ipv3. THe ipv4 is hard to make for the factory cuz they are experiencing material shortages...and it has created a big demand for the ipv4 since most wholesalers are backordered. when the factory catches up with demand this will change.

also pioneer4you is re releasing the ipv3 with temp control and magnetic door and 170 watts. its what the ipv4 should have been imo. its called the ipv3 li ...im sorry if thats already not common knowledege i am not sure.

Also the fact that ipv4 does not have usb charging even though it was a promised feature is huge disappointment. i am surprised there is not a bigger outcry about that. Denny the sales manager claimed usb charging during ipv4 intro video...and the first instruction manuals stated usb charging was a feature. i think ipv should have boxed a 9v charger with the unit cuz its expensive for the common joe to source. ..and only a couple dollars when ipv includes it in the package. It would have been a nice gesture to make up for another empty usb port.
Well my IPV4 indeed has a port for a 9v
charger but it's so easy just to swap batts out I will never use it...

I'm using the horizon arctic tank and the IPV mini 2. I continue to get burning even though I changed the coil and never let it run dry. Anybody have some tips? Thangs in advance

kathibg57

Member For 4 Years
yea i know.. its just the whole design of it really.. i don't like the istick design either.. i'm clearly just too picky lol

i just picked up the clouper mini 30watt which I'm in love with how it looks - others may think its ugly.. to each their own :)
I still use my Cloupor 30W daily! I don't love how "square" the edges are but all in all its been a great mod! No complaints here...

VU Sponsors