Become a Patron!

Kayfun V4 clone - Worth it?

Soooo for those of you that have one. When wicking the v4 is it as crucial not to block the juice holes on the bottom of the deck as it was with blocking the channels on the earlier versions??? I just don't see how there is any way not to have the wick laying right on the holes. Which would lead to dry hits.

Also, and this is specifically for those that have tried the Lemo. How is the airflow on the v4 compared to the Lemo. For me the earlier KFL's are too tight and the Lemo I need to keep almost closed to get the airflow where I like. More open is way too much for me.
Can't comment on the Lemo but when I wicked it after I juiced the wick up I took a small screw driver and just tucked the over lapping ends as close to the screw decks on either side so I could see the juice holes. I really didn't fudge with it a lot and it works well, not a dry hit since I did the build like five days ago.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got a Kayun V4 clone. It works well, the draw is a tad bigger (more open). The only thing that has merit is the juice shut off and the ability to work in your build without draining the tank, otherwise it's a kayfun vape.
That sounds perfect. :)

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have an EHPro v4 on the way. Can't wait to give it a try.

Tap'd from my LG G3

ReniLyn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So those who have ordered a clone and like them (and haven't done this already lol), could you please post either a direct link or site name & product number pretty please with a on top?

WharfRat1976

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I'm about to order the v4 clone tomorrow and wondering if anyone has had experience with it yet? Good? Bad? Shoot straight with me

I'm not really a dual coil RBA guy (just goes through juice way too quick) and wondering if I should maybe look into something else instead like the Taifun GT2 - ehhh decisions, decisions :)

I'm also picking up a Subtank too because I keep hearing good things about it.

I saw a couple reviews on the authentics but I like to hear honest opinions on any clone users out there
Yea, I think it comes with a small booklet on self confidence with a preface on basic mechanical aptitude.

Caloy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got one, but I prefer using the Lemo, same performance less complication. But the Kayfun is definitely a better lookin device compared to the Lemo.

thewarm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just got the Tobeco from ebay for under $25! Construction is very good. I was surprised that this could be made for this price!!!

Pros: Incredible flavor, and a lot more air flow than my Russian 91% or my Kayfun "Black Edition". And or course, the top fill. Watch Phil B's review. It's got the best video of just how easy it is to fill...

Cons: Now this brings up my only real complaint with the Tobeco,,, The top nut. Catching the threads is a real pain! I feel like Twisted420 dropping little parts... he he Maybe this will improve with use (or I will get better at it.)

A small issue for me. When I closed the air-flow all the way (to see how tight I could make the draw), it caused the center pin to stick out quite a bit. This made a gap on my Provari 2,5. (So, I put the V4 on my old Cartel mod... problem solved),

Best $25 I've spent on a clown... ;)

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got one, but I prefer using the Lemo, same performance less complication. But the Kayfun is definitely a better lookin device compared to the Lemo.

Ok you might have missed my earlier post. So how is the airflow on the v4 compared to the Lemo???

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So those who have ordered a clone and like them (and haven't done this already lol), could you please post either a direct link or site name & product number pretty please with a on top?

I just ordered my EHPro from ebay for $34.99 shipped. I have bought from this seller in the past and no issues.

Kayfun V4 Rebuildable Atomizer EHPRO RBA RTA RDA More Air Flow Dual Coil 18650

The Tobeco and Infinite are available on Fastech for the lowest price.

Fasttech Kayfun v4

Many other sites have them available for varying prices too. Just do a Google Search.

ReniLyn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just ordered my EHPro from ebay for $34.99 shipped. I have bought from this seller in the past and no issues.

Kayfun V4 Rebuildable Atomizer EHPRO RBA RTA RDA More Air Flow Dual Coil 18650

The Tobeco and Infinite are available on Fastech for the lowest price.

Fasttech Kayfun v4

Many other sites have them available for varying prices too. Just do a Google Search.
Thank you for your info!

I've been around the block with looking at these K4 clones lol It was more that I'd like to see opinion and experience, matched with the product. As they don't seem to fluctuate more than about $20ish,I'd rather see what folks think Sorry for the confusion!

Kcoc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered an Erlkonigan clone off angelcigs for $10.00. I am looking for the same setup as you. I am going to get the clopour mini and a new tank for an out and about setup. My sigelei 100w isn't the most pocket friendly device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Soooo for those of you that have one. When wicking the v4 is it as crucial not to block the juice holes on the bottom of the deck as it was with blocking the channels on the earlier versions??? I just don't see how there is any way not to have the wick laying right on the holes. Which would lead to dry hits.

Also, and this is specifically for those that have tried the Lemo. How is the airflow on the v4 compared to the Lemo. For me the earlier KFL's are too tight and the Lemo I need to keep almost closed to get the airflow where I like. More open is way too much for me.
after some trial and error, i found that cutting the cotton too short to where it doesnt/barely touch the deck is the way to go. when you screw the chimney on it naturally drags your cotton to the edges. leave it there, if you look now one hole is completely open and the other is barely covered by the cotton (since its too short to choke it). ive found that to be the most efficient wicking

if you use the lemo all the way closed the airflow here is perfect for you. i do wide open lung hits on the lemo and the kayfun wide open is a bit tighter than the lemo. its satisfying enough to where i havent drilled it out yet, will probably just wait for a tobeco 4s kit honestly to keep this stock airflow as an option

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
after some trial and error, i found that cutting the cotton too short to where it doesnt/barely touch the deck is the way to go. when you screw the chimney on it naturally drags your cotton to the edges. leave it there, if you look now one hole is completely open and the other is barely covered by the cotton (since its too short to choke it). ive found that to be the most efficient wicking

if you use the lemo all the way closed the airflow here is perfect for you. i do wide open lung hits on the lemo and the kayfun wide open is a bit tighter than the lemo. its satisfying enough to where i havent drilled it out yet, will probably just wait for a tobeco 4s kit honestly to keep this stock airflow as an option

I kinda figured resting the cotton just over the holes would be the way to go. When I build my kayfuns I usually wet the wick and then put the chimney on. I then use a toothpick and pull the wicks up and fan them. Then I push them down and use the toothpick to tuck them close to the block.

And with the Lemo I don't run it fully closed. I have it measured to where 2 1/4 turns open from fully closed is about where I like it. Any more and it is way to of an airy draw for me.

Caloy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Yeah, the Lemo and the Kayfun is where less wick is more. I just stick my cotton onto the walls of the posts with eliquid before attaching the chimney, then making sure I can see some lights on the hole when I look through the chimney. IMO the best wick setup for it. :)

Caloy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok you might have missed my earlier post. So how is the airflow on the v4 compared to the Lemo???

I closed the airflow of my Lemo halfway. If I open her up all the way, I need to crank up the wattage to get the same amount of flavor I'd get with it halfway closed.

Last edited:

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pretty much in the same boat you are, with the plan to grab the mini clouper/Kayfun v4 for an out and about setup. Not a big fan of the orchid (Vox edition) either. Not that it was bad or anything, but for all the hype about it being a "step up" from the Kayfun, i personally found mine to be a step backwards from the Kayfun Black Edition v2 i went back to using. Granted i'm more a middle ground flavor/cloud vape type then somebody who's going to obsess over which gives off the bigger clouds.

Everything i've read review wise points to Tobecco being the current winner of the bunch, although the Infinite version FT put up today has me intrigued. After having a bad experience trying to save a few bucks ordering one directly from Artemus's website, i'll probably pull the trigger on the first either/or state side black version i see hit ebay in the $25 or less range. SS ones are already up for that though.
What happened with Custom Mod Creations? I'm starting to get pretty frustrated with my order with them. Due in the 5th. Got a shipping notice the 10th. On the 13th it's still showing "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS" on tracking.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What happened with Custom Mod Creations? I'm starting to get pretty frustrated with my order with them. Due in the 5th. Got a shipping notice the 10th. On the 13th it's still showing "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS" on tracking.

Same general deal as most. When the 5th came and went with no update, i sent a few email inquiries in over the course of a few days through his site. Never got a reply, so i opened up a paypal dispute requesting a refund. He refunded me with no hassle that night.

Ironically enough, a day latter i won a dripper off him on Mod Envy lol. So i said F it and replaced my Kayfun order (this time on a black one), since i'd probably end up buying from him again down the line anyway if/when he decided to Black Edition the v4 (i loved my v2 from him).

Not sure what the issue going on over there is. He stated on Facebook that there was a 5 day delay in HK to account for the initial hold up, and that orders were being sent out before the close of the weekend. Given the freebie i should have coming with my Kayfun though, i'm personally chalking it up to a "I'll get it when i get it" mindset atm though.

Monotremata

Member For 4 Years
Still don't have mine either. I bought one Friday on eBay, same day I got the Artemus shipping notification, and I've been vaping the eBay one since yesterday. Still no word on the one I paid for two weeks ago though..

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Same general deal as most. When the 5th came and went with no update, i sent a few email inquiries in over the course of a few days through his site. Never got a reply, so i opened up a paypal dispute requesting a refund. He refunded me with no hassle that night.

Ironically enough, a day latter i won a dripper off him on Mod Envy lol. So i said F it and replaced my Kayfun order (this time on a black one), since i'd probably end up buying from him again down the line anyway if/when he decided to Black Edition the v4 (i loved my v2 from him).

Not sure what the issue going on over there is. He stated on Facebook that there was a 5 day delay in HK to account for the initial hold up, and that orders were being sent out before the close of the weekend. Given the freebie i should have coming with my Kayfun though, i'm personally chalking it up to a "I'll get it when i get it" mindset atm though.
Shipping delays from China I can sympathize with. A lot of other vendors seemed to get theirs in, but things happen. Giving a shipping notice then still not getting around to giving USPS the package three days later after the initial delay just seems like not caring to me. So I needed to look him up on FB to see about the delay and not the page where I did business with him? Hmm.
That's what I get for breaking my "no pre-sales" rule. It's only another week I mumbled...

Last edited:

Monotremata

Member For 4 Years
Shipping delays from China I can sympathize with. A lot of other vendors seemed to get theirs in, but things happen. Giving a shipping notice then still not getting around to giving USPS the package three days later after the initial delay just seems like not caring to me. So I needed to look him up on FB to see about the delay and not the page where I did business with him? Hmm.
That's what I get for breaking my "no pre-sales" rule. It's only another week I mumbled...

Friday will be a week since I received my "shipping notification" and funny, the post office still has nothing more than "pre shipment info sent" when I checked it earlier today (ordered it Dec 31st).

Yet somehow he was able to send Nikki one a couple weeks ago to review??

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered the first and second KF4s to appear on FT. The first was better quality. Somebody mentioned a screw on drip tip...not the case. Wicking is easy and fast and takes about 5 mins or less, from unscrewing from the mod, with a dry burn and quench.

A lot of people are experiencing leaking due to either not opening the juice all the way, or o-ring 16 passing it. Wrapping the groove with some PTFE tape, once mine were broken in, fixed the problem. I ordered some o-rings with 1.5mm cross section to replace them.

Vaping at about 1 to 1.2 ohms is really nice, fuller than a Rose but about as flavorful.

Make sure to back off the 510 enough to fully open the juice. If you are OCD you can adjust the air out, then snug the 510 to it and avoid using the spring as a conductor all together.

I have the Infinite and another one listed as 316L coming from there. Shopping a Tobeco, because their quality has been stellar lately.

Tobeco and EHPro also make good sub ohm kits, I hear, if that is your thing.

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally shows movement on the 2 that I ordered from here. Went through usps sorting in Atlanta Georgia tonight at 8:00.

HD

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my shipping message last night for the reorder i made early Sunday morning, seeing the same movement as everybody else tonight. Works for me.

Or at least i'm assuming it's at least the Kayfun, and not just my Mod Envy win.

ReniLyn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Any pics by chance?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Same here. Notice on Sat. shipped Wed.

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think I saw you already made your purchase but I want to go ahead and throw this out there for future reference or if you decide to get another RBA. I've never had a Kayfun so I can't really give you an opinion on that but what I can is the Lemo. I've had my Lemo for a little over a month and I pretty much just use it almost all the time. The flavor on it is incredible, it has adjustable airflow, and a Kayfun style deck. So if you've had a Kayfun before or know much about them then it's pretty much the same as that. I only run single coil on mine, between .08-1.2 ohms, on a regulated device between 30-40 watts. I cannot tell you how much I love this tank!!! It's amazing, and I haven't had any issues with it. Rip Trippers has a good review of it so you can see all the ins and outs. I've heard people call it "The Kayfun Killer". The people I know that have had a Kayfun and went to a Lemo say they love it so much more! But to each is to its' own. I just wanted to let you know about it.

Also, they have come out with the Lemo Drop, which is going to be my next purchase lol. I've heard people get better flavor on it. Same set up as the regular Lemo except it has a bigger chimney and holds 2.7 ml instead of 5 ml. Both the Lemo and the Lemo Drop run about $35 and it's well worth it! If nothing else you should check out the review just for shits and grins. I'll put a link in here. I'm done rambling now lol. Hope you love whatever you go with!

The Lemo RTA:

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Wish I could give ya some feedback on that :-/ I just run my Lemo wide open

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think I saw you already made your purchase but I want to go ahead and throw this out there for future reference or if you decide to get another RBA. I've never had a Kayfun so I can't really give you an opinion on that but what I can is the Lemo. I've had my Lemo for a little over a month and I pretty much just use it almost all the time. The flavor on it is incredible, it has adjustable airflow, and a Kayfun style deck. So if you've had a Kayfun before or know much about them then it's pretty much the same as that. I only run single coil on mine, between .08-1.2 ohms, on a regulated device between 30-40 watts. I cannot tell you how much I love this tank!!! It's amazing, and I haven't had any issues with it. Rip Trippers has a good review of it so you can see all the ins and outs. I've heard people call it "The Kayfun Killer". The people I know that have had a Kayfun and went to a Lemo say they love it so much more! But to each is to its' own. I just wanted to let you know about it.

Also, they have come out with the Lemo Drop, which is going to be my next purchase lol. I've heard people get better flavor on it. Same set up as the regular Lemo except it has a bigger chimney and holds 2.7 ml instead of 5 ml. Both the Lemo and the Lemo Drop run about $35 and it's well worth it! If nothing else you should check out the review just for shits and grins. I'll put a link in here. I'm done rambling now lol. Hope you love whatever you go with!

The Lemo RTA:

I have used a lemo and I agree that is on par with the kayfun.. I can't really say if it puts out more flavor or anything since I was using a different juice than I normally do.. and i was only borrowing it from a friend to try out but its a really good atty

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My kayfun will be here tonight so I will report back tomorrow and let you all know how it looks. I'm going to email the site today and see if I can figure out which manufacturer made it

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Everyone :)
Got my Robbot Kayfun4 in yesterday from Focalcig ;) This is the Robbot version.

First impression is WOW ! I can believe that this was less that $30. The machining on my version is pretty good. I very pleased with this for the price point.

f9rxrbfyo7oey1j6g.jpg

Came in pretty clean, but I disassembled all the parts for a good cleanout anyways.

Had a chance to play around with some of the different tank options, like having all the choices in one box.

Shot of it on my Robbot ZNA with the full SS tank section:
222l30p5v5dvz6b6g.jpg

One this the Glass Mid section:
yj6zgz1u0et54ly6g.jpg

And here is my favorite setup, full clear tank:
8c1g19z4irg9lh46g.jpg

Built a 1 ohm coil with 26G, not the best choice for wire in this device, wire is way too thick to be grabbed by the little deck screws, but I finally managed to get it in. I think 30, or 32 G wire will work better on my next build.

Little learning curve with the juice control, managed to leak out 3 mil due to my ignorance with this KF4, but I think I finally figured it out. Vape quality isnt bad, on par with the older versions of the Kayfuns. Pretty decent flavor too. So Im pleased with it for now ;)

Rocking it on my Sigeli 100W+ today here at work:
kakkf45j0m87p9a6g.jpg

Kcoc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My erlkonigan clone should be in the mailbox any minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Any pics by chance?
Capture.PNG

something like that. one thing that annoys the crap out of me is how small those juice channels are, the juice control is hardly as efficient as it could be with larger juice channels. and they probably did that purposely because they think no one needs more juice flow than what they previously offered which is a big flaw imo. bigger channels would have made for more customization with how much cotton you use, where you place the cotton, where you have the juice flow set to, etc. not to mention would be able to handle more power. notches in the juice control would have been useful as well with bigger juice channels

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Kayfun 4 doesn't have "juice control", per se. It has a juice shutoff. If you don't open it fully, you leave a large gap between the deck and the universal connector assembly for juice to get through.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Kayfun 4 doesn't have "juice control", per se. It has a juice shutoff. If you don't open it fully, you leave a large gap between the deck and the universal connector assembly for juice to get through.
right its basically just on/off system but they still call it juice control. i guess technically it is just inefficient just control since the only real useful application is either wide open or shut. bigger juice channels with notches would have really opened up a wider spectrum of how you could build it and the notches so you dont get lost when you open/shut it. these are things i think we will see in future tanks borrowing parts of the kayfun 4 design and making it better. juice control, pimped out center pins, and access to the coil mid-tank i think will be a big focus for tanks in 2015

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, somebody is bound to make a killing selling silver plated 510 screw\counter nut\spring\air tubes for the KF4. Wow that thing has a lot of contact points!

TruSound

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In a word…NO, any device that has more parts than the space shuttle just isn't for me.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That would exempt most APVs.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am no longer excited about getting my EHPro v4 which is supposed to be here today. I just read little review on it and apparently EHP left out one crucial part. They did not notch the top fill cap. From what I have read this is important in filling as it lets air escape while screwing on the top cap to prevent flooding. Pisses me off because I specifically waited for the EHP version. They are usually on top of their game.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK well I got mine (from china seller) and all the packaging is Svoemesto - do the clones come in this type of packaging? I'm wondering if I got a legit one? All my other KF clones came in no-name boxes.. it seems very very well machined but I didn't have time to take the thing fully apart yet..

vapemail1.JPG

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK well I got mine (from china seller) and all the packaging is Svoemesto - do the clones come in this type of packaging? I'm wondering if I got a legit one? All my other KF clones came in no-name boxes.. it seems very very well machined but I didn't have time to take the thing fully apart yet..

View attachment 12581

Many clones replicate the packaging as well as the device.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Many clones replicate the packaging as well as the device.

Hmm..I've bought about 10 KF clones from various places and I've never gotten a svomesto box with any of them.. even the manuals and stuff look really legit like they came from svoemesto.. I'm not saying its not a clone but it just made me a little curious seeing it

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Gotcha - cool thanks for finding me the link. I did email the vendor to see if he knows who made the clone so hopefully hear back today..

I gotta say the thing looks amazing - all the threading from the 4-5 pieces I took apart all seem smooth and the deck looks sturdy and well made.

the instruction booklet with all of the pieces almost gave me a panic attack though lol.. going to have to sit down with no distractions when I fully take it apart this weekend

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Gotcha - cool thanks for finding me the link. I did email the vendor to see if he knows who made the clone so hopefully hear back today..

I gotta say the thing looks amazing - all the threading from the 4-5 pieces I took apart all seem smooth and the deck looks sturdy and well made.

the instruction booklet with all of the pieces almost gave me a panic attack though lol.. going to have to sit down with no distractions when I fully take it apart this weekend

Watch Phil's review on it. Very detailed and informative. You really don't need to mess with most of the parts. Much of it is for changing out the base to a hybrid. Or Grimm's. Not as detailed but still very informative.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Watch Phil's review on it. Very detailed and informative. You really don't need to mess with most of the parts. Much of it is for changing out the base to a hybrid. Or Grimm's. Not as detailed but still very informative.

Yea I was thinking I needed to clean the whole thing by taking it apart - but maybe I'll just say F it because it surprisingly didn't have any machine smell or anything

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yea I was thinking I needed to clean the whole thing by taking it apart - but maybe I'll just say F it because it surprisingly didn't have any machine smell or anything

Just take apart everything but the base and soak it in rubbing alcohol and then Dawn. Should be plenty to get it clean. I have heard some people getting the Tobeco and it is literally saturated with machine oil.

I always clean my rebuildables when I get them. Not just for the oil and residue. But you never know how many hands it has passed through or what environment the parts are stored in.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just take apart everything but the base and soak it in rubbing alcohol and then Dawn. Should be plenty to get it clean. I have heard some people getting the Tobeco and it is literally saturated with machine oil.

I always clean my rebuildables when I get them. Not just for the oil and residue. But you never know how many hands it has passed through or what environment the parts are stored in.

haha i was only kidding.. I deff plan on cleaning as much as I can. but I guess theres no point in taking the whole thing apart if its not needed.. because I will easily mess something up putting it back together.. i know myself too well

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
haha i was only kidding.. I deff plan on cleaning as much as I can. but I guess theres no point in taking the whole thing apart if its not needed.. because I will easily mess something up putting it back together.. i know myself too well

The only parts I am ever concerned with cleaning are the ones that juice and my mouth come in contact with.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my Kayfun package from Artemus this morning. Didn't include the dripper i won from him on Mod Envy :(.

Initial first look on the Black Kayfun looks good though. Looks pretty clean as well, but still going to have to wait until i get home tonight and give it a good ultrasonic bath/cleaning before i get to start messing around with it.

VU Sponsors