VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got my Kayfun package from Artemus this morning. Didn't include the dripper i won from him on Mod Envy :(.

Initial first look on the Black Kayfun looks good though. Looks pretty clean as well, but still going to have to wait until i get home tonight and give it a good ultrasonic bath/cleaning before i get to start messing around with it.

Lucky for you he is selling the Tobeco version of the v4.. I don't trust anything he makes after several issues in the past

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lucky for you he is selling the Tobeco version of the v4.. I don't trust anything he makes after several issues in the past

Yeah, looking like Artemus did have a rough week. He took quite the beating on the shipping delay over on another board's Kayfun thread. Figures with my luck that i'd finally win something on Mod Envy, and it would be from a vendor in the middle of a mini meltdown. Nothing is ever easy for me lol.

Like i initially stated though, i did love my Black Edition Kayfun he made and if at the end of the day i walk with one of the better v4 clones on the cheap that still chalks up as a win in my book. Now i just need to fight off the growing urge to fill this tank up and start vaping before i have a chance to clean it :)

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got the Tobeco from Artemus today. Word of warning. I broke it partly down, put it in a plastic beaker full of alcohol and placed that in the ultrasonic.
Completely trashed the plastic M-tank. Should have known better. Looks like glass until I order replacements from FT.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, looking like Artemus did have a rough week. He took quite the beating on the shipping delay over on another board's Kayfun thread. Figures with my luck that i'd finally win something on Mod Envy, and it would be from a vendor in the middle of a mini meltdown. Nothing is ever easy for me lol.

Like i initially stated though, i did love my Black Edition Kayfun he made and if at the end of the day i walk with one of the better v4 clones on the cheap that still chalks up as a win in my book. Now i just need to fight off the growing urge to fill this tank up and start vaping before i have a chance to clean it :)

LOL oh wow i didn't even know any of that stuff.. He has a serious communication issue.. He tried to say I made 'modifications' to the 4nine I tried to return that was crap.. He eventually gave me the refund but I had to jump through hoops to get it... With so many other vendors to choose from I don't see him keeping customers returning with how he deals with people.. His KF's are alright i guess .. I still have one that works, other 2 shit the bed. But at least you know tebeco one you got from him should be a good product!

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just picked up my EHPro. Major disappointment. Not only does it not have the notch in the fill cap, I can't get the juice control to turn at all. Going back for sure. Not even gonna waste my time attempting to get it to work.

Tap'd from my LG G3

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just picked up my EHPro. Major disappointment. Not only does it not have the notch in the fill cap, I can't get the juice control to turn at all. Going back for sure. Not even gonna waste my time attempting to get it to work.

Tap'd from my LG G3

Shit man that sucks! Sorry to hear that.. I expected better from EHpro!!! I'm going to have to check for that top notch when I get home make sure I don't have the same problem..

and I did confirm my is a clone but not sure the manufactuer.. oh well

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Shit man that sucks! Sorry to hear that.. I expected better from EHpro!!! I'm going to have to check for that top notch when I get home make sure I don't have the same problem..

and I did confirm my is a clone but not sure the manufactuer.. oh well

Yeah me too. How they could leave out a crucial part of the original design is beyond me.

So who makes the one you bought?

Tap'd from my LG G3

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah me too. How they could leave out a crucial part of the original design is beyond me.

So who makes the one you bought?

Tap'd from my LG G3

Sadly he doesn't know.. he said I could try contacting his manufacturer but he couldn't guarantee that they would tell me.. so I dont know if I'll even bother..

As long as it works, doesnt have the same problems you brought up, I'll be fine with it.

Is there a thread/site with pics of that top notch you are referring to?

I did test my juice control and it does twist around - not exactly sure what that is used for yet haha - really need to sit and watch some vid's this weekend

this subtank is making me happy enough to not even care that much about building the KF lol

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Go to 13:15 on Phil's video and start watching.

Perfect.. because I don't think I could sit through the entire thing ;)

thank - going to check that out when I get home

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had mine a couple of days before I got another that the top nut came right off of. Prior to that I thought the top nut was attached somehow and I was just opening the lower top cap portion to fill (right above the upper tank segment). So...I was screwing it together upside down, then opening the juice control and I would hear the pressure releasing. Then I would right it and it didn't leak.

Long story short, I don't think that pressure relief flat on the top nut is all that critical, especially since it such a small nut and short travel. Just do it like all the other top fillers we have had in the past and be aware of when you add pressure to the tank.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL oh wow i didn't even know any of that stuff.. He has a serious communication issue.. He tried to say I made 'modifications' to the 4nine I tried to return that was crap.. He eventually gave me the refund but I had to jump through hoops to get it... With so many other vendors to choose from I don't see him keeping customers returning with how he deals with people.. His KF's are alright i guess .. I still have one that works, other 2 shit the bed. But at least you know tebeco one you got from him should be a good product!

He got back to me tonight with a new tracking # on my dripper, so it's all good for now. Initial impression on the quality of the Kayfun was good too.

Just got home from work now and debating if i want to dive right into this thing after the ultrasonic cleaning, or wait tomorrow when i'll have more free time to sit around fiddling. With it all taken apart and sitting in front of me, i'm honestly kinda regretting making the recommendation to my friend...who bought one as a first time builder. Probably makes for a fairly overwhelming first time impression :)

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Perfect.. because I don't think I could sit through the entire thing ;)

thank - going to check that out when I get home

I also found this pic of the top cap on Fasttech. Wondering if this would work with the EHP.

2040606-2.jpg

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
At $1.65 it would be worth a try anyway.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Its not the top cap that's the problem, its the nut that holds the tank down inside on the top of the chimney..

A little confused. What do you mean??? I know what nut you are talking about. How does this play into this equation???

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The only problem is waiting over a month. Bu that time my return window will have closed.
True. As long as you can return it it would be best to start fresh with a different clone. The waiting is always annoying and no guarantee it would fit.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
True. As long as you can return it it would be best to start fresh with a different clone. The waiting is always annoying and no guarantee it would fit.

I'm waiting to hear back from the seller after they get in touch with EHPro. If they don't offer a solution, or at least a valid explanation on how they could justify making this change, I will return it. Or keep it with a partial refund and just use a work-around.

Kcoc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
218b0db36f9e66a603a5f8b6adc780d0.jpg

Got my cloupor mini and kayfun v4 today. Sweet little setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monotremata

Member For 4 Years
A little confused. What do you mean??? I know what nut you are talking about. How does this play into this equation???
Theres nothing special about the actual top cap, its a regular old cylinder. The nut however is machined on top with the tiny air 'slots' and the two flat sides..

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Theres nothing special about the actual top cap, its a regular old cylinder. The nut however is machined on top with the tiny air 'slots' and the two flat sides..

Look at my pic above. The top cap has a flat side on the threads. This allows air to escape as you are screwing it down until the very last thread. The EHPro does not have this flat side.

Monotremata

Member For 4 Years
Look at my pic above. The top cap has a flat side on the threads. This allows air to escape as you are screwing it down until the very last thread. The EHPro does not have this flat side.
Damn my eyes are crapping out on me haha. When I pulled mine off earlier I didn't even notice it was like that! I thought it was a circle and assumed it was the nut which has flat sides too hah!

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Got my two Tobeco Kayfun V4's and Cloupor mini 30 today! Would post a picture, but phone says file is too big.

HD

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@HDMontana If you open the pictures in Paint on your computer you can resize them to one that will work.

I have had my Kayfun V4 for a couple of days so far and I really like it. I did drill out the center pin to 7/64th to open the air flow. I like the easy top fill and being able to adjust my build with juice in the tank.

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@HDMontana If you open the pictures in Paint on your computer you can resize them to one that will work.

I have had my Kayfun V4 for a couple of days so far and I really like it. I did drill out the center pin to 7/64th to open the air flow. I like the easy top fill and being able to adjust my build with juice in the tank.
Thanks. Might try that. Was using my phone. Works on other forums, but not this one.

HD

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Looks like a pretty decent gap between devices. No lateral support at all. I wonder when mod makers are gonna finally figure out how to give us proper connectors. Fatdaddyvapes figured it out awhile ago. Sorry for criticizing your stuff, I'm just tired of seeing shit like that. We shouldn't be still having to accept that kind of crap.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
With the KF4, having the 510 backed out a considerable distance might be required to fully open the juice, if your air screw is very loose. A mod with an adjustable or spring loaded 510 is nice to have. You can avoid that limitation by simply removing the air screw, but then you will be relying on the spring in the circuit a lot more. If your juice is fully open, that spring should have nice compression. Just some things to know about your gear. Don't mean to lecture.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Stainless steel 510 threads and spring loaded pins are becoming more common. Having a landing pad that is part of or at least flush with the top of the connector is where mod makers are still screwing up. Atomizer connectors are usually fine.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
mine has the ohm jumping problem. got another one coming today. will see how that one works
Clean the internal contact with rubbing alcohol, and stretch the spring a hair.

Mine did this at first, and now it's perfect.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I also found this pic of the top cap on Fasttech. Wondering if this would work with the EHP.

2040606-2.jpg

Yea mine came with the nut and the top cap.. I was confused because when i put the mtank on you actually dont need the nut or the little screen piece or whatever that connects to it..

I already expect to lose that little nut.. surprised they didnt include an extra one

Monotremata

Member For 4 Years
Yea mine came with the nut and the top cap.. I was confused because when i put the mtank on you actually dont need the nut or the little screen piece or whatever that connects to it..

I already expect to lose that little nut.. surprised they didnt include an extra one

Without the nut the chimney still seals with the drip tip section?

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The nut holds the top of the tank section to the chimney. If you are useing the glass or metal tank sections the nut holds the tank together. If you are using the Poly tank section then you dont need the nut. The nut goes over the chimney, the threads it screws onto are on the outside of top of the chimney.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Since I have the corrected top cap on the way from EHPro, I decided to go ahead and build my Kayfun v4 and just use a workaround for filling. Man this thing vapes nice. Great flavor and IMO the perfect amount of airflow. Did a 9 wrap of 26g on a 2.4 for a 1.2 ohm coil. I usually use 28g in my RTA's but decided to try something different.

Only bad thing is even after an alcohol soak, a Dawn soak and scrub I am still getting a taste of machine oil. Guess I will break it down and use some Simple Green

0fc8ee1f18739c38ddba9662b23a9095.jpg

Tap'd from my LG G3

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Since I have the corrected top cap on the way from EHPro, I decided to go ahead and build my Kayfun v4 and just use a workaround for filling. Man this thing vapes nice. Great flavor and IMO the perfect amount of airflow. Did a 9 wrap of 26g on a 2.4 for a 1.2 ohm coil. I usually use 28g in my RTA's but decided to try something different.

Only bad thing is even after an alcohol soak, a Dawn soak and scrub I am still getting a taste of machine oil. Guess I will break it down and use some Simple Green

Tap'd from my LG G3

That's my problem too - I didn't fully break it down and let it soak overnight and I have a weird taste in mine still.. I'm trying to avoid taking all the pieces apart...

Any other suggestions besides dish soap that i might already have at home? lol

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's my problem too - I didn't fully break it down and let it soak overnight and I have a weird taste in mine still.. I'm trying to avoid taking all the pieces apart...

Any other suggestions besides dish soap that i might already have at home? lol

I let mine soak in hot water and Dawn for several hours and then a alcohol soak overnight. Did a toothbrush scrub too. Still have the taste. As I said I may try Simple Green undiluted.

I broke mine down stopping just before disassembling the bottom base that you would break down to convert it to hybrid. That I don;t think would make that much of a difference.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I let mine soak in hot water and Dawn for several hours and then a alcohol soak overnight. Did a toothbrush scrub too. Still have the taste. As I said I may try Simple Green undiluted.

Did you fully break it down? I only took enough apart to put the Mtank on.. and let the top half and botton deck soak... i'm really trying to avoid taking the whole thing apart.. guess I will re-soak for a few nights

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did you fully break it down? I only took enough apart to put the Mtank on.. and let the top half and botton deck soak... i'm really trying to avoid taking the whole thing apart.. guess I will re-soak for a few nights

I went down as far as removing the deck from the base. I didn't disassemble and of A in the diagram. As I stated above I can't see how that would make that much of a difference. But who knows.

explosion-kfv45482dcf3ea895_720x600-png.12742

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I went down as far as removing the deck from the base. I didn't disassemble and of A in the diagram. As I stated above I can't see how that would make that much of a difference. But who knows.

explosion-kfv45482dcf3ea895_720x600-png.12742

ok cool - looks like we are in the same boat.. touch base after another few soaks :)

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
ok cool - looks like we are in the same boat.. touch base after another few soaks :)

Will do. I'm really surprised because EHPro (and Infinite) are usually the cleanest of the clones. I never even smell any machine oil on my previous KFL's. Still soak them just to clean. This one is bad.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Someone posted on the "other" forum. If there is still a machine oil taste after soaking there's 2 places that it could be. The center post hole and the air chamber between 3 and 8. Not really what we wanted to hear. LOL I guess the good thing is the base can be taken off and apart without breaking the whole thing down.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok I may be SOL. I can't get the insulator under the 510 pin out. I have a feeling it may not be meant to take out on the clones because there is no hybrid connection options

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok I may be SOL. I can't get the insulator under the 510 pin out. I have a feeling it may not be meant to take out on the clones because there is no hybrid connection options

Not coming out. Not gonna force the issue.

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a great idea! Thanks for the suggestion!
Wonder if they also make smoke colored bell caps too? Gonna hit up Google to check .......

VU Sponsors