Become a Patron!

Kryptonite gives a Status update on Serving IJOY, and the Server almost apologizes

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From the KryptoniteTanks Facebook
As you may have heard or seen, there is a video going around regarding a cease and desist letter served at ECC. I want to start off by saying the behavior on that video was very unprofessional and not productive in any way.

On the last day of the ECC convention, we had several people coming to our booth to get product support for damaged or unusable counterfeited clones bearing our company logo and “MADE IN USA”. Some of them knew they had purchased clones and just wanted to buy the real thing, and some were sold counterfeits as authentic and were very upset learning they had been lied too. One of the damaged atomizers had a melted insulator, which was shorting out the battery. If he had not come to our booth, he would have continued to believe that our company was responsible for the products he paid for. That afternoon several attendees came to our booth and informed us that a vendor right down from ours was selling counterfeited clones of our product. We were also told that this company had already been previously warned and instructed by ECC to stop. Since they had already ignored instructions from those putting on the show, I had a cease and desist letter delivered by an unrelated third party who volunteered to deliver it. He was asked to walk over and hand the letter to the vendor or leave it on the table if they refused to accept it.

Early Monday morning I was told about the video of the incident and became aware of the behavior that had transpired. When I viewed the video I was shocked and embarrassed. Words were exchanged between the parties that elicited high emotions and the situation became very unprofessional from all sides. This behavior is not an accurate portrayal of our company or the vape industry. If I had been present or known this behavior was happening I would have put a stop to it immediately.

I have met some amazing people since joining the vaping community. My goal has always been to produce the highest quality of US made product at a reasonable price to the consumer, while also leaving a fair margin for the brick and mortar stores so that they can continue give great face to face service to their customers. Those who have worked with me know, I would never knowingly allow anyone representing myself or our company to behave that way. Our company has always been based on integrity and professionalism. I do not condone the behavior that occurred and I further do not condone misleading the general public on what they are purchasing through the use of other companies logos and claiming a product is made in the US when it is not.
And also in same thread as above. The "Server" gives a non-apology apology.

Matt Grimm: Please accept this letter as my formal apology for what happened on 9/17/2014 at ECC with the iJoy booth. As many of you know by now, there was a booth served with a C&D by my friend and myself not once, but twice. I was the person recording the incident. We let our emotions and feelings get the best of us as we reacted to the threats and profanities yelled at us by the staff of the booth previously mentioned. We are in no way affiliated with Kryptonite Tanks and our actions should not reflect on them. We offered to serve the C&D paperwork to iJoy, but that is the extent of our relationship to Kryptonite Tanks. I take responsibility for my own actions in the video. It was not my intention to cause any disruption or inconvenience. In retrospect, I believe the situation resulted from my temper getting to me and letting insults, profanities and threats of physical harm get a reaction from me and making me come across in an unprofessional way not fitting of ECC or of the vaping community. While this is by no means an excuse for my temper and responding with insults, knowing the cause will help me guard against future mistakes. Again, I am sorry for my unprofessional behavior and I hope we can all move forward from this incident as I will work on conducting myself in a more professional matter.​

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well at least the server said something. Better than nothing.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fake apology at it's finest.. Matt Grimm was most likely told to post this by Kryptonite - not because it was sincere.. So sick of these forced, bullshit apologies that happen every single day in this country..

" I take responsibility for my own actions in the video. It was not my intention to cause any disruption or inconvenience. " YAH OKAYYYYY PAL - That's why you were making sure you were being recorded and strutted over there like you were a bad ass.. Try again tool bag.

Merrick92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still would like to hear from someone who actually bought a clone thinking it was legit. At this point I just can't trust the word of the guy from Kryptonite. Did this happen or not? Also, I am curious if AMC and Vince Gilligan as well as DC comics and Time Warner have anything to say about their intellectual property being used without permission. Not that my opinion or desires have any weight whatsoever in the grand scheme.....
Honestly though, if your gonna get all pissed off about a clone, at least make sure your not pulling the same crap your claiming someone else is doing.

Merrick92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I gotta ask too,"Threats of physical harm"? Did this happen prior to the video? Cuz I sure as heck didn't hear any threats of physical violence in the video, Unless this asshat is referring to the guy almost throwing the crumpled paper at him.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And what about the guy's 2 troll buddies? How did they get off not writing apologies?

Merrick92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And what about the guy's 2 troll buddies? How did they get off not writing apologies?
Probably because they are nobodies , and no one has mentioned their names. This Matt guy though, we know his name. OR else his buddies aren't sorry, that's possible too.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it's too late. their snippets of apologetic text will sink into the mire of the internet basement.
what? they chose volunteers at random with their eyes shut? hardly.

hana modz suing small shop owners, bullies at conventions, trolls screaming insults in forums, videos of thuggish behaviour to enforce the law? - it all contributes to serving a purpose in cloning products and buying them. because who's going to support that kind of industry?

they lack foresight. i think they think the little people are the weakest element in the vaping community..

allby

VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Fake apology at it's finest.. Matt Grimm was most likely told to post this by Kryptonite - not because it was sincere.. So sick of these forced, bullshit apologies that happen every single day in this country..

" I take responsibility for my own actions in the video. It was not my intention to cause any disruption or inconvenience. " YAH OKAYYYYY PAL - That's why you were making sure you were being recorded and strutted over there like you were a bad ass.. Try again tool bag.
Yeah not trying to start trouble that's why one wore a t shirt that say buy a clone suport a terrorist or some such shit

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why would kryptonite let someone unaffiliated with their company serve legal papers to another company? 3 random douchebag looking dudes that walked up to their booth seemed like a good choice to have deliver legal documents? Said douchebags happen to be wearing kryptonite's shirt?

How did that go down?
Hey, nice gear you got on display here.
Thank you, would you like to serve legal papers for us?

They thought they would be famous, they are now but for reasons they were not expecting lol.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Probably because they are nobodies , and no one has mentioned their names. This Matt guy though, we know his name. OR else his buddies aren't sorry, that's possible too.
No one of them I remember way back from the early ecf days... always thought he was a fucking douche bag then and the video cements it.
One thing I want to point out the Ijoy dudes are are skinny almost small, the trio of elitopotomuses look like they cleared out the circus circus buffet twice each...for breakfast. Not to mention hostile from the start.

A. the douche brigade KNEW prior to the start it would go down like that.
B. fat fuck one fed off fat fuck two and fat fuck three spurred them all on.
C. they all need to submit to the mod sock challenge.

But I agree 100% the my bad they are still at fault non apologies are bullshit it is a cover move for when they get sued.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One thing I want to point out the Ijoy dudes are are skinny almost small, the trio of elitopotomuses look like they cleared out the circus circus buffet twice each...for breakfast. Not to mention hostile from the start.

Yes, but the 3 bears were very afraid of all the threats of physical harm from the slight iJoy fellas! That's what made the 3 bears behave in such a way.
Or, that's Matt's story anyway! I never heard iJoy give any threats in the video, and even if they DID..... come on.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes, but the 3 bears were very afraid of all the threats of physical harm from the slight iJoy fellas! That's what made the 3 bears behave in such a way.
Or, that's Matt's story anyway! I never heard iJoy give any threats in the video, and even if they DID..... come on.

rofl they totally are bears
Big and hairy

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
rofl they totally are bears
Big and hairy
Which bears are we talking about?

I think the Ijoy dudes coulda kicked the fat guys asses. Personally

But they didn't. They didn't threaten harm in any way.
And as for throwing a piece of paper at them, please.
What a drama queen

They remind me of the Israeli cart dudes in the malls across America, I worked near some and got to know them... personally I would rather walk into a police station nekkid and ranting before fussing with those guys... my ass would be kicked less.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

You're wrong :p ... iJoy's peeps "assaulted" them with the crumpled up "legal" document.
post-6001-0-40703200-1393101773.gif

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I posted this back to them:

Kryponite Tanks:
I find a lot of items in your update to be fantastically implausible.You say “the servers” were unrelated third parties, walked down just a few booths away to the vendor, after you gave them the Letter, and somehow you did not hear anything that went on after that. The Video has the Servers shouting, and the people at Ijoy just saying to leave, turn the camera off, and flipping off the Servers. How could you not hear it when everyone remotely near the booth stopped doing what they were doing and was watching the event. Its not plausible.
  1. The Server said they delivered the Letters Twice. Why Twice? Clearly they were taunting IJOY by saying “do you want to be served again”. It would appear the video is of the 2nd serving, because everyone at IJOY and the Servers were very familiar with each other. A fresh letter being delivered by a third party would have not gained the reaction it did. IJOY would have looked at what the letter was, before flipping off the servers. The video must be of a 2nd event, and it appears it was done, Just for the cameras. Marketing.
  2. You say if you had known the behavior was happening you would have put a stop to it. How is that? The third party you put up to deliver the letter, is wearing a shirt that says “BUYING CLONES SUPPORTS TERRORISTS” block letters, all caps. What a complete insult to the entire Vape Community, to be forced to read that T-Shirt. But that is who you sent over to deliver the letter. You seem to think flipping off a person wearing that shirt, and yelling at people that they are committing felonies and committing assault is out of proportion. How would you react to that T-Shirt, and being told you are committing crimes, or that everything you sold was junk. But you think flipping off your Servers, is such a terrible action.
  3. I believe you when you talk about your company and its goals. But again using the type of person who wears a shirt accusing people at ECC of supporting terrorists, and most likely the majority of people at ECC, is counter to the goal of your company. But you did it. And by sending that guy over 2 times, its seems you endorse the loud message of his T-Shirt.
  4. Your 454 product is unbranded. It has no logo, it’s a part number only. Unless you just woke up, you understood that protecting a product in the Vape world is important. But you did not do any of that. You could have put on a TM after Kr, nope, you could have said “Big Block 454” by Kryptonie Vapor on the MOD, but again no. You did nothing to protect it. You could have stamped in the metal, your logo, when you get one, again NONE of that.
Don’t blame IJOY when you took no actions to protect your products with logos, trademarks, unique names, or metal stampings, and then send over a crew wearing shirts calling vapers as Terrorist Supporters, and express such horror when those same vapers think its bogus conduct. And since your booth was so close, you really did not hear anything? Really? The room stopped for a 45 seconds, and nobody at your booth told you too? You heard the next day. After send over a Cease and Desist letter, you had no clue, did not even ask, HEY how did it go? Not a chance.

and

Matt Grimm Why did you Serve them twice. The 2nd time was for the cameras right? That I why they knew who you were, and crumpled up the 2nd letter. Correct?
You were the guy wearing the T-Shirt that said “BUYING CLONES SUPPORTS TERRORISTS” or was that the other Server? Either way, you want to apologize for putting that message out to the entire ECC, and then pushing it out again in your Video?

I never heard a threat to the Servers, I just saw a guy flipping you off and saying Fuck You, behind tables, and never coming closer. The other guy talking to you calmly after crumpling up the paper. And you chanting Throw it, Throw it, Assault Assault, everything you sell is garbage, and your rip people off. Telling you to Fuck Off is a threat? Or is it a Felony?

Really I never saw temper on either side, you Servers were having a great time, smiling for the camera, telling everyone who would listen that IJOY was crap, and parading around in your T-Shirt saying. “BUYING CLONES SUPPORTS TERRORISTS”

So much fun, you even put the video out for all to see.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
TWO servings?! Keep digging that hole for themselves, and they'll end up IN China!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Kryponite Tanks:
I find a lot of items in your update to be fantastically implausible.You say “the servers” were unrelated third parties, walked down just a few booths away to the vendor, after you gave them the Letter, and somehow you did not hear anything that went on after that. The Video has the Servers shouting, and the people at Ijoy just saying to leave, turn the camera off, and flipping off the Servers. How could you not hear it when everyone remotely near the booth stopped doing what they were doing and was watching the event. Its not plausible.
  1. The Server said they delivered the Letters Twice. Why Twice? Clearly they were taunting IJOY by saying “do you want to be served again”. It would appear the video is of the 2nd serving, because everyone at IJOY and the Servers were very familiar with each other. A fresh letter being delivered by a third party would have not gained the reaction it did. IJOY would have looked at what the letter was, before flipping off the servers. The video must be of a 2nd event, and it appears it was done, Just for the cameras. Marketing.
  2. You say if you had known the behavior was happening you would have put a stop to it. How is that? The third party you put up to deliver the letter, is wearing a shirt that says “BUYING CLONES SUPPORTS TERRORISTS” block letters, all caps. What a complete insult to the entire Vape Community, to be forced to read that T-Shirt. But that is who you sent over to deliver the letter. You seem to think flipping off a person wearing that shirt, and yelling at people that they are committing felonies and committing assault is out of proportion. How would you react to that T-Shirt, and being told you are committing crimes, or that everything you sold was junk. But you think flipping off your Servers, is such a terrible action.
  3. I believe you when you talk about your company and its goals. But again using the type of person who wears a shirt accusing people at ECC of supporting terrorists, and most likely the majority of people at ECC, is counter to the goal of your company. But you did it. And by sending that guy over 2 times, its seems you endorse the loud message of his T-Shirt.
  4. Your 454 product is unbranded. It has no logo, it’s a part number only. Unless you just woke up, you understood that protecting a product in the Vape world is important. But you did not do any of that. You could have put on a TM after Kr, nope, you could have said “Big Block 454” by Kryptonie Vapor on the MOD, but again no. You did nothing to protect it. You could have stamped in the metal, your logo, when you get one, again NONE of that.
Don’t blame IJOY when you took no actions to protect your products with logos, trademarks, unique names, or metal stampings, and then send over a crew wearing shirts calling vapers as Terrorist Supporters, and express such horror when those same vapers think its bogus conduct. And since your booth was so close, you really did not hear anything? Really? The room stopped for a 45 seconds, and nobody at your booth told you too? You heard the next day. After send over a Cease and Desist letter, you had no clue, did not even ask, HEY how did it go? Not a chance.

and

Matt Grimm Why did you Serve them twice. The 2nd time was for the cameras right? That I why they knew who you were, and crumpled up the 2nd letter. Correct?
You were the guy wearing the T-Shirt that said “BUYING CLONES SUPPORTS TERRORISTS” or was that the other Server? Either way, you want to apologize for putting that message out to the entire ECC, and then pushing it out again in your Video?

I never heard a threat to the Servers, I just saw a guy flipping you off and saying Fuck You, behind tables, and never coming closer. The other guy talking to you calmly after crumpling up the paper. And you chanting Throw it, Throw it, Assault Assault, everything you sell is garbage, and your rip people off. Telling you to Fuck Off is a threat? Or is it a Felony?

Really I never saw temper on either side, you Servers were having a great time, smiling for the camera, telling everyone who would listen that IJOY was crap, and parading around in your T-Shirt saying. “BUYING CLONES SUPPORTS TERRORISTS”

I don't think the t-shirt aspect is too much of a big deal to be honest - but you did touch on the most important point - why would you have a 3rd party (not affiliated with the company) serve a C&D upon your behalf? And let it be filmed.. and uploaded to the internet.. that's the piece I don't buy .. They obviously went over KNOWING they were going to start a confrontation with these guys ... it's almost like they knew the paper would be crumpled up because of how quickly they went into the whole 'felony' and 'assault' bullshit.. this whole thing seemed way more planned than the owner is trying to make us believe with his bogus explanation.

They could have went over nicely.. gave them the papers (like the owner 'claimed' was supposed to happen) and walked away.. like these guys were going to be held up like Rudy afterwards by all the other vendors.. LMAO

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't think the t-shirt aspect is too much of a big deal to be honest - but you did touch on the most important point - why would you have a 3rd party (not affiliated with the company) serve a C&D upon your behalf? And let it be filmed.. and uploaded to the internet.. that's the piece I don't buy .. They obviously went over KNOWING they were going to start a confrontation with these guys ... it's almost like they knew the paper would be crumpled up because of how quickly they went into the whole 'felony' and 'assault' bullshit.. this whole thing seemed way more planned than the owner is trying to make us believe with his bogus explanation.

They could have went over nicely.. gave them the papers (like the owner 'claimed' was supposed to happen) and walked away.. like these guys were going to be held up like Rudy afterwards by all the other vendors.. LMAO
I really want to have them accept the mod sock challenge... then they can see what felony battery looks like.
What they (the man babies) are doing is assaulting the IJOY guys and filming it. If IJOY wanted to push the issue it would be the trio of mantards getting to play with the merto division in Las Vegas.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm going to print out a new t-shirt: Authentic Kryptonite Mod gave me AIDS
Should be this
Kr mods gave me authentic cancer. (or insert whatever disease you want, i find anal fistulas, ebola, monkey pox, hemorrhoids, jock itch, or yeast infection better.) with terrorizing vendors one C&D at a time on the back

But that is just me

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I see the snippet of the shirt and these guys, edited for consumption on Al Jazeera, as a very harmful thing. If some other elitist had joined in and perhaps threw a mod and hurt one of these guys or even jostled the table and broken stuff by accident, it might have turned very tragic. You don't go to an event like that and incite people or attack people who might even be rightfully feeling that they are living in a land full of bigots.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I see the snippet of the shirt and these guys, edited for consumption on Al Jazeera, as a very harmful thing. If some other elitist had joined in and perhaps threw a mod and hurt one of these guys or even jostled the table and broken stuff by accident, it might have turned very tragic. You don't go to an event like that and incite people or attack people who might even be rightfully feeling that they are living in a land full of bigots.

Ya even the shirt about terrorist bullshit when confronting someone of middle eastern decent could be considered a hate crime... just saying.
Honestly if the DA was enough of an asshole they could still face charges for intimidating those guys.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

But it didn't happen that way.. and that shirt (as much as I dont like it and wouldn't wear it) is considered freedom of expression so there is really nothing wrong with him wearing it other than the fact that others might not like it.. There are plenty of non-vape related t-shirts with ridiculous slogans on them (IE: Slut #1 and Slut #2)... so again I think the shirt aspect is not what matters regarding this whole C&D fiasco

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
But it didn't happen that way.. and that shirt (as much as I dont like it and wouldn't wear it) is considered freedom of expression so there is really nothing wrong with him wearing it other than the fact that others might not like it.. There are plenty of non-vape related t-shirts with ridiculous slogans on them (IE: Slut #1 and Slut #2)... so again I think the shirt aspect is not what matters regarding this whole C&D fiasco
The difference is wearing that shirt is one thing..
Wearing that shirt and intimidating someone of middle eastern origin entirely another thing.

At that point of the "letter" and how those ass clowns were acting the guys at Ijoy could have gotten law enforcement involved and just said they were in fear for the safety of their customer (the poor lady in the cross fire) and for their safety with the aggressive nature of the fat man babies wearing racist shirts aimed at people of middle eastern decent. And I will let you guess who would be in Clark county jail.

TheDishD

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So do we take this "sorry but not really sorry" from Kr as oh shit this didnt go down like we hoped, better come up with something saying sorta sorry..

Also the clones passed off as authentics , did these people purchase them from iJoy booth that day or were they purchased elsewhere/online and brought to Kr's booth because Kr were at ECC?

This all smells like a huge back peddle by Kr and manchilds...

sent via a smartphone with a dumb operator XD

TheDishD

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As to the T shirt, really Kr you'er going to have someone wearing that, represent your company, they might not have been offical Kr employee's but they did something on your behalf therfore they (in the eyes of the vaping community and general public) are representing Kr..

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
since these guys like to be on video (specifically the server) why not make a video apology so we can all read him and see how sincere he really is, i think we all know the answer to that. press release style apologies just scream politically correct b.s.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As to the T shirt, really Kr you'er going to have someone wearing that, represent your company, they might not have been offical Kr employee's but they did something on your behalf therfore they (in the eyes of the vaping community and general public) are representing Kr..

Perception is key to this.
Fat fucker out weighs you by double or triple, wearing a shirt that can be derogatory to your ethnic background and starts getting hostile to you let alone three of them... that is very much racial intimidation.
Since the Kr crew did that shirt those bloated man children were representing them.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also the clones passed off as authentics , did these people purchase them from iJoy booth that day or were they purchased elsewhere/online and brought to Kr's booth because Kr were at ECC?

No, of course not. If they had, you can be sure that Kr would've said so in their statement.

Saying that some people were sold clones claimed as authentic - somewhere - doesn't make any difference to this incident. Cheap Fox News style trick to imply that the ijoy clones were claimed to be authentic, when they weren't.

Actually, I'm assuming that ijoy were in fact selling some clones... all I've heard so far is that Kr say that "several attendees" said so! Did they not go and look for themselves, making what "several attendees" said irrelevant?

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You were the guy wearing the T-Shirt that said “BUYING CLONES SUPPORTS TERRORISTS” or was that the other Server?

Tasteful Shirt Man is one Chris Glotfelty, aka vapezzila, aka vape_zilla in the online vaping community: Vape shop employee and self-proclaimed "elitist vaper." He has recently deleted his Facebook page, one might assume in response to being called out by angry vapers over his involvement in this incident.

Mr. Grimm has admitted that he was the camera man. Unlike some of you, I am impressed by his apology, and applaud him for stepping forward. I think lessons were learned, and hopefully they were lessons more valuable than "don't bring a fucking camera next time." Apology accepted. Vape on, and respect your fellow vapers. All of us or none of us.

Also appearing in the video is one Mr. Brian Nashick, proprietor of Fall Out Mods (aka Fallout Mods), a company most notable for their high-end mechanical mods like the Mutant. Aside from displaying an enormous shit-eating grin at the prospect of "serving papers," it is unclear what role, if any, he played.

I am satisfied by Kryptonite's explanation, and look forward to my authentic 454 purchase. I really do want to support what I feel is a reasonable price point for USA-made gear. We all have to keep in mind that this is a fledgling industry, and there are many people just getting into it who don't have a great deal of business experience. Public perception is paramount, especially in an industry that subsists mostly on community and word-of-mouth. It is solely Kryptonite's responsibility to protect their intellectual properties, and enlisting strangers who may be sympathetic but ultimately do not represent the interests of the company have no place in the company's operations. See exhibit A.

We're all human, we all make mistakes, we all do things that we live to regret. We can forgive, but we don't have to forget.

So don't fuck up again.

edit: redundancy

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No, of course not. If they had, you can be sure that Kr would've said so in their statement.

Saying that some people were sold clones claimed as authentic - somewhere - doesn't make any difference to this incident. Cheap Fox News style trick to imply that the ijoy clones were claimed to be authentic, when they weren't.

Actually, I'm assuming that ijoy were in fact selling some clones... all I've heard so far is that Kr say that "several attendees" said so! Did they not go and look for themselves, making what "several attendees" said irrelevant?
I agree.

serenity219

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Kryponite Tanks:

and

Well said. Very well said.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tasteful Shirt Man is one Chris Glotfelty, aka vapezzila, aka vape_zilla in the online vaping community: Vape shop employee and self-proclaimed "elitist vaper." He has recently deleted his Facebook page, one might assume in response to being called out by angry vapers over his involvement in this incident.

Mr. Grimm has admitted that he was the camera man. Unlike some of you, I am impressed by his apology, and applaud him for stepping forward. I think lessons were learned, and hopefully they were lessons more valuable than "don't bring a fucking camera next time." Apology accepted. Vape on, and respect your fellow vapers. All of us or none of us.

Also appearing in the video is one Mr. Brian Nashick, proprietor of Fall Out Mods (aka Fallout Mods), a company most notable for their high-end mechanical mods like the Mutant. Aside from displaying an enormous shit-eating grin at the prospect of "serving papers," it is unclear what role, if any, he played.

I am satisfied by Kryptonite's explanation, and look forward to my authentic 454 purchase. I really do want to support what I feel is a reasonable price point for USA-made gear. We all have to keep in mind that this is a fledgling industry, and there are many people just getting into it who don't have a great deal of business experience. Public perception is paramount, especially in an industry that subsists mostly on community and word-of-mouth. It is solely Kryptonite's responsibility to protect their intellectual properties, and enlisting strangers who may be sympathetic but ultimately do not represent the interests of the company have no place in the company's operations. See exhibit A.

We're all human, we all make mistakes, we all do things that we live to regret. We can forgive, but we don't have to forget.

So don't fuck up again.

edit: redundancy

IMHO, they're apology doesn't come close to being acceptable. They acted like the real terrorists and intimidated potential buyers at the booth of iJoy, they and KR could've easily avoided all of this drama if they thought it through with logic and reason. Yes, humans will always make mistakes but this mistake was filmed for their pleasure. You don't get respect for no apparent reason from me...you earn that respect in which that respect can be stripped at anytime.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
IMHO, they're apology doesn't come close to being acceptable. They acted like the real terrorists and intimidated potential buyers at the booth of iJoy, they and KR could've easily avoided all of this drama if they thought it through with logic and reason. Yes, humans will always make mistakes but this mistake was filmed for their pleasure. You don't get respect for no apparent reason from me...you earn that respect in which that respect can be stripped at anytime.
If the Ijoy folks went to the cops with the video even now and pushed the racial harassment issue those man bitches would be in for some legal issues.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You're wrong :p ... iJoy's peeps "assaulted" them with the crumpled up "legal" document.
post-6001-0-40703200-1393101773.gif
Oh shit I forgot about that brutality!
Does anyone know if there's a way we could send get well cards to their hospital rooms? Or maybe we could all chip in on a big fruit basket for them... They could probably use some fruit in their lives.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh shit I forgot about that brutality!
Does anyone know if there's a way we could send get well cards to their hospital rooms? Or maybe we could all chip in on a big fruit basket for them... They could probably use some fruit in their lives.
I don't think they know what fruit looks like... you cannot get that fucking fat eating fruit.

I should point out while I am not a small dude by any means you cannot get that bloated and rotund eating healthy... and if you are then you have more serious health issues than vaping on an authentic broken flashlight.

Last edited:

TheDishD

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't think they know what fruit looks like... you cannot get that fucking fat eating fruit.

I should point out while I am not a small dude by any means you cannot get that bloated and rotund eating healthy... and if you are then you have more serious health issues than vaping on an authentic broken flashlight.
Well they might be eating a lot of humble pie instead of fruit..

StrappedKaos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Off subject but....
The Matt Grimm apology sounds like something he has done before for his anger issue, but I am willing to bet it was read to a judge for an assault and it worked that time. .... just a hunch but I bet he has done more then just this one letter before

TheDishD

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Off subject but....
The Matt Grimm apology sounds like something he has done before for his anger issue, but I am willing to bet it was read to a judge for an assault and it worked that time. .... just a hunch but I bet he has done more then just this one letter before
He's now posted his side of the story on Phil B's FB page..blames PTSD (claims he got it from being bullied as a kid) for losing it and the way he acted..he also takes aim at Joe for "stealing" the vid off another FB page...

VU Sponsors