Become a Patron!

Kryptonite gives a Status update on Serving IJOY, and the Server almost apologizes

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
He's now posted his side of the story on Phil B's FB page..blames PTSD (claims he got it from being bullied as a kid) for losing it and the way he acted..he also takes aim at Joe for "stealing" the vid off another FB page...

sent via a smartphone with a dumb operator XD

Jesus christ really!??! Now he is blaming bullying from when he was a child - GIMME A FUCKING BREAK. I was bullied as a kid - like millions of others - it's called life... You don't see me going around and pulling this type of crap.. this has now become a sad attempt to get pity?

I'm getting so angry that I might go serve some papers to the girls down my street selling lemonade because its clearly a Minute Maid clone

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
PTSD my left pinky toe.
Me thinks my shitty pants man baby were the bullies growing up and were in search of a victim they perceived were weaker than them. That moves it out of bully into predator.

The more I look at that video and back peddling bullshit of those fat fucks what they did was 100% racial biased intimidation. They made the choice to harass people they perceived would not fight back nor would have a lawyer on speed dial.

ClonesRAuthenticReplicas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
But it didn't happen that way.. and that shirt (as much as I dont like it and wouldn't wear it) is considered freedom of expression so there is really nothing wrong with him wearing it other than the fact that others might not like it.. There are plenty of non-vape related t-shirts with ridiculous slogans on them (IE: Slut #1 and Slut #2)... so again I think the shirt aspect is not what matters regarding this whole C&D fiasco

While I agree they do have the freedom to express their ignorance, that doesn't mean they should get a free pass just because of 'freedom of expression'. We all still have to suffer the consequences of our actions, when inappropriate, especially when it categorizes an entire race (whether Chinese or Middle-Easterner) as terrorists.

Had Kryptonite sent them to rudely confront an all black vendor booth while wearing a racially provocative phrase ('KKK', 'Go Back to Africa', etc) on their T-shirt, would their freedom of expression protect them from the inevitable fallout that would result?

When someone behaves that inappropriately on a large stage, especially while representing a company, they and the organization can expect to be held accountable, whether it be an NFL player, a CEO, etc, and my opinion is that choosing to wear that T-shirt to confront those particular vendors, was calculated, therefore racist within that context.

They have worn out their BS excuses with me. They knew exactly what they were doing, planned it, filmed it, and shared it.
The one thing they didn't count on was it being leaked beyond their fanboys and the those companies they knew support this type of behavior (including Kryptonite, of course. I wonder if there were other companies on board that they boastingly sent the video to, as well?)

Last edited:

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I want to paste this post from Phil Busardo's facebook here for posterity. Since Matt's part is addressed to all of us, as the 'vaping community', I don't see any copyright issues.

----------

When you get a story, it's always good to get the other side of it as well. I was contacted by Matt regarding the "Cease and Desist" letter delivery video. Matt respectfully requested that I tell his side of the story, which I gladly accepted and agreed to post here.

Thank you Matt for telling your side. Next time... remain calm brother, sit back, and let THEM hang themselves. Let's use some of that energy and anger and direct it at the ones who have the ability to do the most damage... the FDA!

Here you go...

"To the vaping community, I was the one that recorded the incident at ECC, and I am also in the video. First off, let me apologize for my friend and myself to the community and Kryptonite Tanks (Who I am not associated with) for our behavior. I look back at the video and realize we acted unprofessionally and in bad form. If we could go back, we would have done it differently and just served iJoy the papers and walked away. There is a side to the story that you haven't heard though, which is the actual events that occurred. What actually took place at ECC with the iJOy booth and staff was absurd, as I watched them sell several counterfeits as authentics at authentic prices on many pieces. They have reportedly been an issue since day one according to several reports. I do correspond and communicate with many authentic modders in the industry, and to add to this, you must understand that ECC had a no clones policy in their contract that all vendors signed and agreed to, to my understanding.The iJoy booth had been approached on many occasions over the course of three days. The first I heard of what was going on is when I came across Jay Bo, the creator of the TOBH, who was visibly upset. I asked him what happened? He told me he approached the iJoy booth because they were selling clone TOBH atomizers and the TOBH creator asked that they be removed from display, and the manager of the iJoy booth responded with "What are you going to do motherfu**er? Call the f**king cops!". So i decided to look in to this. I walked by and inspected their booth. Now, I do not work for any of these modders, but I do protect their work and I had caught wind that the iJoy booth were selling clones as authentics, which now makes them counterfeits (Actually, any clone with exact replication of the original's trademarked logos is a counterfeit by definition of the Merriam-Webster Dictionary). I watched as they sold Manhattan clones for authentic prices (At $160 a piece). The only authentic equipment on their table were the actual iJoy products. I looked at their table and saw TOBH clones, Mutant clones (Including a copper Mutant clone exactly like the one that exploded at Vape Blast), Stillare clones, a Skeleton Key clone, 454 Big Block clones, King clones, Patriot clones and many others. Now, all of the ones I listed except the Skeleton Clone were clones of authentics that were being sold at ECC by the actual makers themselves. I decided to inform the owner of Fallout Mods that this booth was selling copper Mutant clones as authentics. He decided to visit the booth himself. I followed to listen to what was said and see what happened. The owner of Fallout Mods and his friend approached the booth and picked up the copper Mutant clone and asked the employee at the iJoy if they were real. The owner replied yes. The owner of Fallout informed them that they were selling clones and requested that the Mutant clones be removed, which they did not comply, then one of the other employees that you see in the video (The younger male) decided to be cocky and inquire to buy 5000 units from the owner of Fallout mods, to which the Fallout Mods owner denied on premise that he would not sell tom someone that is selling counterfeits of his product. On our way from the booth my friend and I spotted the Stillare, Patriot, and 454 clones. I knew the Kryptonite Tanks booth was 4 rows down, I informed them that the iJoy booth was carrying clones on their product. They happened to have their attorney on hand, who proceeded to to fill out a Cease and Desist order on the spot. For reference: "Individuals and companies can also issue cease and desist orders directly, usually using a lawyer to draft the document so that it will adhere to the law. These documents typically threaten the subject with legal action unless he or she ceases an activity. A company, for instance, might issue such an order to someone who was releasing trade secrets, or an individual might write up a cease and desist letter against someone who is engaging in harassment. When someone receives a cease and desist order, whether it is from a court or an individual, they should ask a lawyer to review it. The lawyer can study the terms of the order to determine whether or not it is valid. If it is invalid, the lawyer can challenge it, although temporary adherence to the document is usually recommended to show that the target of the order is not being belligerent or uncooperative. ". Now, my friend and I, along with the attorney, went to the iJoy booth and my friend served them papers, and in response to being served, the manager of the iJoy booth tore up the Cease and Desist order, so we notified security who was actually present. The attorney informed security that she needed their names and booth number for legal record. At this point we followed her back to the Kryptonite booth and she filled out another Cease and Desist order so once again my friend could deliver it. My friend and I headed on our way to deliver the C&D order which is where the video starts. What happened was not what was supposed to go down. As we approached the table, the manager of the booth told me to "Stop f*cking recording and get the f*ck out of here", and my friend put the C&D order on the display table at the booth. At this point they kept yelling "F*ck you" and called us "pieces of sh*t". This got the best of us and we lost composure. At this point the younger employess grabbed the Cease and Desist letter and crumbled it up and attempted to throw it at me, which at that point I did point it out that it is considered assault. Their response was "I'm going to kick your fat ass". Now, due to the fact that I was bullied as a kid and throughout my teenage years, I developed PTSD, which is triggered by threats of physical violence ans well as actual physical violence against me. I completely lost my composure at this point. I called them out for everything. I called them out for selling clones at a no clone event, to which they replied "They aren't cl;ones" and you here me respond with "You're right, they are counterfeits". At that point that is admission that they blatantly lied to deceive the consumer in to believing that they were buying authentic items. This kept escalating until; we walked away, and yes, we were still infuriated about the blatant deceitfulness of the staff at the iJoy booth and disregard for the contract they signed and for the modders that paid to display their work and the rules others had to follow. I do apoligize for my reaction and should not have fed in to their threats and lose my composure the way I did, but I do not take being threatened lightly. Now, the video was circulated due to theft of my copyrighted material (The video that has been circulated) whichy is copyrighted under my photography company. It was accidentaly uploaded to a private Facebook page, which at this point was downloaded without my consent or expressed written permissiont by Joe Petner of VaperJoe's, in which he, in turn, uploaded to Youtube, LiveLeak and MegaUpload., which in turn he posted to his Vaping Underground page to spread a false version of what happened (He credits a mystery source and has screen caps of private conversations) which has resulted in several threats of violence made towards me. All I want is for everyone to know what really happened. I did not mean for a negative image to be brought on the vaping community, but I did not want to see consumers continue to be ripped off and misled in to believing they were buying an authentic product and being taken advantage of. I have been a long time supporter of this industry and the consumers and the people that it has saved, I have been an active activist for vaper's rights and had a major p[art in removing over regulation from San Bernardino County which seeked to ban electronic cigarettes (I really dislike that description of vaporizers). I am a member of CASAA and Vaping Militia and Stand And Vape and several pro-vaping organizations, the last thing I would want is to damage the reputation of this community. This wasn't about clones vs. authentics, this was about a company committing fraud against the consumer. Respectfully, Matthew W."​

----------

What a wall of text! And hardly any hint of repentance at being a central party to such an ugly drama.

No, Matt, the 'leaking' of the video and most other things you mention are irrelevant to how you and your group behaved. The timeline runs one way only - you did that shit, and then you got found out.

Where are the pictures and video of ijoy selling clones as authentic?
Why are you only now claiming that they were doing that, when previous statements have not?
Why didn't you concentrate on gathering that evidence, rather than evidence of your group's thuggish attitude?

I'm in no position to judge on whether ijoy were guilty of what you claim or not, but it would still be no excuse for your behaviour.

TBH, I would also have responded with a few 'fuck you's if you rocked up serving 'papers' for a second time simply for your camera's benefit, whether guilty or not.

Last edited:

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I want to paste this here for posterity. Since it's addressed to all of us, as the 'vaping community', I don't see any copyright issues.

What a wall of text! And hardly any hint of repentance at being a central party to such an ugly drama.

No, Matt, the 'leaking' of the video and most other things you mention are irrelevant to how you and your group behaved. The timeline runs one way only - you did that shit, and then you got found out.

Where are the pictures and video of ijoy selling clones as authentic?
Why are you only now claiming that they were doing that, when previous statements have not?
Why didn't you concentrate on gathering that evidence, rather than evidence of your group's thuggish attitude?

I'm in no position to judge on whether ijoy were guilty of what you claim or not, but it would still be no excuse for your behaviour.

TBH, I would also have responded with a few 'fuck you's if you rocked up serving 'papers' for a second time simply for your camera's benefit, whether guilty or not.

This stupid fucker - not you, @Hermit - never heard of a paragraph?!
lmao-dance.gif

As for the content ...
bullshit.gif

TheDishD

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Another issue i have with this statement...who told these 3 twats to be the vape police..if iJoy were selling clones as authentics why did the ECC do nothing?? It was ECC's event they should be the ones to kick a booth holder out for breaking Their Rules..if all these mod makers were so upset why did they not complain to the ECC and have iJoy shut down?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So instead of staffers, and security doing anything about it the organizers left it up to the mod makers to police their event. Pretty sure I would have been demanding a refund in some fashion from the event if I was a mod maker and they were doing that since it is a hit to my revenue of the show.
ecc should have done this.
The first instance if they were selling clones as authentic prices was to warn them and have them remove the said items.
Second instance the staffers not the mod makers or the little lard assed elitists should NEVER have showed their asses.
Third had the vendor removed from the venue.

I see this as a total abject failure on the organizers, the staff, and security.

Trust me if three hostile amped up buckets of shit bucked up on me like that in any fashion shit is going down.. I actually commend Ijoy for showing a lot more restraint that I would have after the second time let alone a third with a fat man child filming it spouting dumb shit.
honestly those fat bastards were lucky the setting was not different it could have ended up with bodies instead of butt hurt.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
While I agree they do have the freedom to express their ignorance, that doesn't mean they should get a free pass just because of 'freedom of expression'. We all still have to suffer the consequences of our actions, when inappropriate, especially when it categorizes an entire race (whether Chinese or Middle-Easterner) as terrorists.

Had Kryptonite sent them to rudely confront an all black vendor booth while wearing a racially provocative phrase ('KKK', 'Go Back to Africa', etc) on their T-shirt, would their freedom of expression protect them from the inevitable fallout that would result?

When someone behaves that inappropriately on a large stage, especially while representing a company, they and the organization can expect to be held accountable, whether it be an NFL player, a CEO, etc, and my opinion is that choosing to wear that T-shirt to confront those particular vendors, was calculated, therefore racist within that context.

They have worn out their BS excuses with me. They knew exactly what they were doing, planned it, filmed it, and shared it.
The one thing they didn't count on was it being leaked beyond their fanboys and the those companies they knew support this type of behavior (including Kryptonite, of course. I wonder if there were other companies on board that they boastingly sent the video to, as well?)

There seems to be a war going on wherein the elitists would gladly take every clone off the market and force us into servitude to their whims and greed. Whether it's a 1:1 clone, a clone of a clone of a clone, a derivative design or, in many cases, just a competitor who is doing a better job than they are, the definitions are foggy and the lines are blurred more each day as the various companies learn from us what it is that we want them to make. I see racial and cultural insensitivity in many forms and calling people on it often reveals that they actually have no idea that what they are doing is wrong. I have seen allusions to organized crime being the driving force in Chinese imports. Such dirty business tactics are actively and tacitly supported everyday by fanboys in the communitiy, companies like Kryptonite, certain You Tube personalities, event organizers like ECC, B&M owners and even by various government entities and politicians. They are not going to stop on their own. I see absolutely no reason to give any of them a pass. They don't care about you, although they might try to adopt that stance.

"Today I will review the fantastic new mod sent to me by Battery Tube Patriots. I also have the clone over here from Fastech, that I really don't care who made, but Asian girls turn me on so I am a good guy."

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There's a lot of unanswered questions that, TBH, I really don't care about any more!

I want to say that my judgement on this debacle is based solely on their output - the video, and the follow-up statements by Kryptonite and Matt. I'm not one for following a crowd, especially not on a witch-hunt. The video was one thing, but could've been covered by a decent apology. The follow-ups letting us know that the letter-serving stunt was pulled twice, that Kr put the serving into the hands of some supposedly unassociated guys, that excuses abound regardless of relevance, that the video was first uploaded into a private space (for what reason? the amusement of a clique?), that forewarned camera-man Matt claims to have seen ijoy sell a clone as authentic but didn't think to film that... those are just the facts we've been given, without even reading between the lines.

The behaviour would've been easier to forgive had it actually been a mod-maker or associate losing their temper, rather than some third-parties acting big and playing to the camera. I'm certainly against clones being sold as authentic, but we only have hearsay that that has occured in this instance, and I find it pretty hard to believe that a producer would do that at a convention - it's more the sort of thing a dodgy B&M or ebay seller would do. More statements that "yeah, but, they did" won't sway my opinion on that, I'd want proof before passing any judgement on that side of it all.

Wouldn't surprise me if Matt got a C&D from Kr soon: "Matt, please, just shut up already"!

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Approach iJoy booth with camera rolling.

"Hey there, my friend couldn't make it to the expo, but he wants me to pick up either a Mutant or Manhattan for him. He wants to see them so he can decide." (record, record, record, vendor with iJoy identification badge and mod in frame). "Man, these are sweet!"

iJoy rep: "Yes they're very nice mods."

"And these are authentic, right?"

iJoy rep: "Yes, that's correct. Authentic mods."

"Cool! I'll be back once I hear from him. Thanks!"

Now you've got a solid case. Everyone would be talking about iJoy scamming consumers instead of this crap. Post THAT video online (make sure to post it on purpose, though) and let it go viral throughout the vaping community. Instead we've got a clip showing a bunch of bellowing cretins framed by a story that, as likely as it may sound, is completely invalidated with a single falsehood:

" It was accidentaly uploaded to a private Facebook page"

... and one rotten apple spoils the whole bushel. You should've just stopped at "I apologize."

I'm done paying attention to this nonsense. :p

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There's a lot of unanswered questions that, TBH, I really don't care about any more!

I want to say that my judgement on this debacle is based solely on their output - the video, and the follow-up statements by Kryptonite and Matt. I'm not one for following a crowd, especially not on a witch-hunt. The video was one thing, but could've been covered by a decent apology. The follow-ups letting us know that the letter-serving stunt was pulled twice, that Kr put the serving into the hands of some supposedly unassociated guys, that excuses abound regardless of relevance, that the video was first uploaded into a private space (for what reason? the amusement of a clique?), that forewarned camera-man Matt claims to have seen ijoy sell a clone as authentic but didn't think to film that... those are just the facts we've been given, without even reading between the lines.

The behaviour would've been easier to forgive had it actually been a mod-maker or associate losing their temper, rather than some third-parties acting big and playing to the camera. I'm certainly against clones being sold as authentic, but we only have hearsay that that has occured in this instance, and I find it pretty hard to believe that a producer would do that at a convention - it's more the sort of thing a dodgy B&M or ebay seller would do. More statements that "yeah, but, they did" won't sway my opinion on that, I'd want proof before passing any judgement on that side of it all.

Wouldn't surprise me if Matt got a C&D from Kr soon: "Matt, please, just shut up already"!

In that video, I see a guy who lives with his parents. He took up vaping because it was cool and his dad would kick his ass for smoking. He hung out at the local B&M and generally made a pest of himself until they gave him a part-time job making coils for wannabe cloud chasers who had more money than brains. He took his meager earnings and bought a discontinued authentic demo mod. He gets his juice for free and life is ok. They let him use the drill press in the back to drill out some Kayfuns and RDAs and he was on his way. He had a "Builder" hat made and became "elite".

His heroes, the modders who stopped by the store looking for product placement related their disgust with the clone situation and he was practically giddy. He wanted to be like these guys. He had some ideas himself. He just needed the right breaks. To show that he is simpatico, he had a "Buying Clones Supports Terrorism" shirt made and he wore it to the big show that came to town.

Then came his lucky break. The convention made rules against clones. His heroes were there. The place was abuzz with the potential to make a big move. Here was his chance! He would show everybody that he was useful and cool. He would make a difference! Everybody would stop buying clones, his boss would make a lot of money and hire him full-time. He would take his earnings, make his own atty, get rich, move away from home and marry the boss' daughter.

Things didn't go that smoothly. Maybe English wasn't their first language. They seemed underwhelmed by those papers. Hmmm...Maybe a camera will awe them, and if not at least everybody will know that he did something really awesome for them.

Well...that could have gone better. Something was nagging at the back of his brain as they scurried away from the Ijoy table for the second time. Insert some bravado just to cement the coolness factor. Post it on Facebook.

Hmm...That didn't go as planned either. That damned clone-loving Vapor Joe has a lot more friends than they had counted on and maybe letting that video out of the bag was a bit hasty. His heroes are angry with him. His boss' office door was closed all day. Just bad luck, as usual.

Moral: Measure twice, cut once, Mr. Builder.

TheDishD

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh you sir just NAILED it, that needs to go on FB or Joes homepage!! LMAO

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Echoing what others said:
The chances of IJOY selling clones at authentic prices is very low at a vape meet. Anyone at the vape meet is very experienced and would know right off the start if it was a clone or not. One easy way is the box that it comes with. If you are about to pluck down 100+ for an authentic, you are going to have a clue.

On the other side, if you are a newbie, you are not going to just pay up huge prices for an authentic, if your are a newbie. Plus you are going to walk around and comparison shop, because you don't know what you are doing.

They have no evidence besides what they themselves are claiming, that they were selling anything that was a clone. I have not even seen a picture of a 454 sitting on the table at IJOY. How hard would that be, walk up, take picture, walk away.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
On the other side, if you are a newbie, you are not going to just pay up huge prices for an authentic, if your are a newbie. Plus you are going to walk around and comparison shop, because you don't know what you are doing.

hell no I bought a $60 ego kit and that was bad enough!

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
"Hi! I was reading the newspaper, my only source of information, and saw a paragraph about this convention. I thought I might stop in and see if I could find a good deal on a few cartons of Blu e-Cig cartridges." :)

"Lucky you, Missy, you came to the right place! We have just what you need! Here you go...a genuine Copper Mutant mod and a 454 Big Block rebuildable dripping atomizer! Get them together and I will throw in one of these genuine pink Sony VCT5 70 amp batteries! :))

"It drips? I don't think I would like that." :(

"LOL No, you get some of this E-liquid in any flavor that you like and drip it in as you use it."

"That sounds wonderful! And it's all only 275 dollars?"

"Yep, but you pay for quality and that is a special deal for the show only."

"Great! Hook me up." :))

"You won't be sorry!" :))

serenity219

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I paid $100 for a cigalike kit the very first time I tried vaping. It was horrid and almost turned me off vaping. When I decided to try again, I bought an ego kit on e-bay which was less than half that. It was a crappy kit but it got me off cigarettes. I have since moved up to Spinners and an MVP.

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like how he attempts to blame Joe for all his problems because he was the first to share the video that mistakenly uploaded to Facebook. Give me a fucking break!

VU Sponsors