Become a Patron!

Kylin mini and 0.6ohm coil

Hey im new to this i just ordered Kylin mini and GeekVape N80 ( 30*3+38 AWG) Fused Clapton wire 4-5 wraps would give me 0.6ohms,will the kylin run good on 0.6ohms?It may sound stupid but im pretty new to this so i wanna know.
Thanks.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey im new to this i just ordered Kylin mini and GeekVape N80 ( 30*3+38 AWG) Fused Clapton wire 4-5 wraps would give me 0.6ohms,will the kylin run good on 0.6ohms?It may sound stupid but im pretty new to this so i wanna know.
Thanks.
Thats really low...imo
What mod? Itll prob cause a shutdown

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kylin mini is single..is your calc set to single or dual coil? My mini is .37 and its a beast
dc632a3fe7e812422c611442361dd331.jpg
8eef65b1a9bf7e4938d9d2115ba59f4d.jpg

N80 cores ss fuse and flat...i make my own though. U have a vape calc?

Yeah steam engine but 30*3+38 AWG confuses me so i dont know how to use it,i feel dumb by saying this..
btw will the ikuun to the job with the kylin also?

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sonethings wrong with your build..heres vape calcs result using your specs
ac884816273ef44bda3c25617f167186.jpg
59e7c28eeeef210949fc72e24a55f91c.jpg

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see no reason why your mod wont run that rta

Sonethings wrong with your build..heres vape calcs result using your specs
ac884816273ef44bda3c25617f167186.jpg
59e7c28eeeef210949fc72e24a55f91c.jpg

Well i was told by a friend that hes getting 0.6ohms with 4-5 wraps i did not calculate anything,can i still make good build with this wire?or i have to order new one?atm i have GeekVape N80 Fused Clapton,im just waiting for the kylin mini to come.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No your good but im confused now...in the op u said .06 now u say .6
Two different worlds there...

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Yeah steam engine but 30*3+38 AWG confuses me so i dont know how to use it,i feel dumb by saying this..
btw will the ikuun to the job with the kylin also?
Steam engine wire wizard can be pretty straight forward.
You have 3 cores and a wrap.
Wire Builder:
Set to clapton, which is also used for alien.
Core:
You have more that 1 so setting this to parallel allows for 2 cores and then click the + to add 1.
Wires:
Set the type and size for your cores and wrap.
At top left of page under Coil Setup---
-For Kylin MIni I use 3id and find that's the sweet spot for me, for mounting and the amount of wick. I think that's a good place to start with this particular atty. 4mm leg length is good. 5 is a little high and 3 is too short. Then you can see how many wraps for the resistance you want. Hover your mouse over the 'wraps' field and it will tell you that for legs pointing in the same direction (as in the Mini) use 1/2 wraps.
5.5 wraps is a good length for the AF. If they are spaced a little that's ok too. And at bout .5Ω your 4600Mah mod will most likely last the day.
apost.png

https://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.html

Wicking KM can be a toughy to learn. There's a fine line between great flavor, leaking, and dry hits. Stay with it and you'll be rewarded with it's performance. There's more than 1 way to wick it and here's a good place to start.
Vandy Vape Kylin Mini RTA Review by KingPin! (inc. wicking guide)

Have a look at your manual for mod specs. The atomizer doesn't care what coil you put in it. Firing it is all about the mod and batteries.
(Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm (TC modes)-------0.1-3.5ohm (VW mode) )

The Official Steam Engine Thread is a great place to get to know Steam Engine

Last edited:
Steam engine wire wizard can be pretty straight forward.
You have 3 cores and a wrap.
Wire Builder:
Set to clapton, which is also used for alien.
Core:
You have more that 1 so setting this to parallel allows for 2 cores and then click the + to add 1.
Wires:
Set the type and size for your cores and wrap.
At top left of page under Coil Setup---
-For Kylin MIni I use 3id and find that's the sweet spot for me, for mounting and the amount of wick. I think that's a good place to start with this particular atty. 4mm leg length is good. 5 is a little high and 3 is too short. Then you can see how many wraps for the resistance you want. Hover your mouse over the 'wraps' field and it will tell you that for legs pointing in the same direction (as in the Mini) use 1/2 wraps.
5.5 wraps is a good length for the AF. If they are spaced a little that's ok too. And at bout .5Ω your 4600Mah mod will most likely last the day.
View attachment 129955

https://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.html

Wicking KM can be a toughy to learn. There's a fine line between great flavor, leaking, and dry hits. Stay with it and you'll be rewarded with it's performance. There's more than 1 way to wick it and here's a good place to start.
Vandy Vape Kylin Mini RTA Review by KingPin! (inc. wicking guide)

Have a look at your manual for mod specs. The atomizer doesn't care what coil you put in it. Firing it is all about the mod.
(Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm (TC modes)-------0.1-3.5ohm (VW mode) )

The Official Steam Engine Thread is a great place to get to know Steam Engine
Thanks for the wicking guide,im pretty optimistic that i will do the wicking fine from 1 try watched like 100 guides :D,will update this topic when my kylin arrives.

VU Sponsors