Become a Patron!

Late Night in DIYland, take II

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It made sense. If you want to link, highlight the word you want the clickable link, then click on the paperclip thingy, add your link. Then do what Rocket said. That's a hyperlink thingy.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lolol I went to bed because I was dog tired, and now I'm totally awake.

Yes Ace, I do switch letters around, but I've never switched it to that. I read it as sleep swell sweat dreams.

Reactions: Ace

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does your brain ever mix letters around whenyou read? Sleep well sweet dreams read sleep swell wet dreams.
Technically this is why I need glasses. I'm not dyslexic, but my astigmatism is bad enough that yes this happens a lot. To the point I keep track of them because they end up being hilarious.

My favorite is a local subway restaurant has a rotating series of signs on their LED billboard out front. One SHOULD read "FRESH Catering" I read it as "Fetish Catering" the first time and now I can't unsee it.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And when I see fetish catering, I wonder whether it's a food service for people with fetishes or people who cater to the whims of people with fetishes.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And when I see fetish catering, I wonder whether it's a food service for people with fetishes or people who cater to the whims of people with fetishes.
Yes.
I simply decided it would probably be a good business venture, either way.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For those who don't always get 10" of growth donate to: http://www.childrenwithhairloss.us/donate-your-hair/ - they take any hair, in good condition over 8" in length, even gray, permed and color treated hair. If its not usable for a wig directly, they sell the hair, to raise funds for making the wigs. They also do not require any sort of payment from those receiving the wigs. Locks of Love may require the recipient's family to pay for the wig out of pocket. [learned that after a friend's 16yr old daughter applied for a locks of love wig, they were approved, then told it would be almost $5,000 for a wig for her, which they didn't have].

thanks for opening my eyes to the improprieties of this organization i have trusted for years. upon further investigation, i came up with this. http://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2...-of-hair-donations-unaccounted-for-each-year/

and this

http://justjessatx.com/why-pantene-beautiful-lengths-beats-locks-of-love/

from now on, pantene beautiful lengths will be getting my hair. :)

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I also made a special request for my boyfriend, two custom flavors actually. And I have an apple cider I've made for myself that needs...something but I'm not sure what exactly. Nothing complex, but it needs more cider-y flavor and less bright apple juice flavor.

Have you tried Hangsen Apple MIx aka Apple/cranberry/cinnamon? It's really nice for a cider. I have no idea why, last autumn I was craving apple cider. Strangely hard to find here so I vaped it.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quoting @jeremy from another thread. Ita makea mea laugha.
Perhaps The Rainbow Patrol would be better
Unicorn Squad?
Faerie Troopers?
Lollipop Legionnaires?
The Gnome Rangers?
Gumdrop Guerrillas?
The Squicky Dolphinlove Resistance?

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried Hangsen Apple MIx aka Apple/cranberry/cinnamon? It's really nice for a cider. I have no idea why, last autumn I was craving apple cider. Strangely hard to find here so I vaped it.
Oh yeah. I sometimes forget this is diy.

I'm not really an apple juice fan...or a cranberry fan...or a cinnamon fan (unless it's baked in bread and covered in icing).

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry rp. I keep going all sideways with the thread. I'll try not to

Squirrel! !!!

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks for opening my eyes to the improprieties of this organization i have trusted for years. upon further investigation, i came up with this. http://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2...-of-hair-donations-unaccounted-for-each-year/

and this

http://justjessatx.com/why-pantene-beautiful-lengths-beats-locks-of-love/

from now on, pantene beautiful lengths will be getting my hair. :)
I've donated 12 times to kids with hairloss since locks of love refused 3 shipments from me. My natural hair color is blackest brownish red, to most people its black. They told me my few gray hairs (I started graying 18 years ago) weren't allowed and they refused my hair. I researched online and found the childrenwithhairloss and started sending my cuttings to them. This last haircut was the only time I haven't donated, but I had to get it cut early as I've been having headaches that were thought to be caused by the weight of my hair. Childrenwithhairloss admits they sell unusable hair to get funds to make other wigs and to buy usable hair. Locks of love just refused to do even that much, and I know several who sent donations to LOL and were returned their hair.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just completed a mixing marathon of 220ml (11 - 20ml bottles) of numerous fruits and three cinnamons. I think I might be good for a day or two!

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good morning late night people. :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I also made a special request for my boyfriend, two custom flavors actually. And I have an apple cider I've made for myself that needs...something but I'm not sure what exactly. Nothing complex, but it needs more cider-y flavor and less bright apple juice flavor.

FA Amber and FA Oakwood do a great job of that. Amber adds warmth and a slightly-fermented effect (best description I can come up with). Oakwood makes it barrel-aged. Different combinations can give you sweet cider, hard cider, anything in between. Sounds like you already have the spices.

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon ladies!! G'daughter (age 9) and I just got back from a Chinese (buffet) lunch and grocery shopping at Walmart. Rule #1 in life - Never go grocery shopping when hungry. We had a ball!

By the way, the word "buffet" is really an acronym - Bunch uh Fat Folks Eating Together! (say it real fast.)

Haven't mixed in days. Still working on my flavor organizing cabinet. That's OK, it's a labor of love.

It is about knappe tyme here in Alabama.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon ladies!! G'daughter (age 9) and I just got back from a Chinese (buffet) lunch and grocery shopping at Walmart. Rule #1 in life - Never go grocery shopping when hungry. We had a ball!

By the way, the word "buffet" is really an acronym - Bunch uh Fat Folks Eating Together! (say it real fast.).

I buy so much junk if I shop when hungry.

LOL@ Buffet....you two eating with the blue-haired ladies this afternoon?

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm trying to decide what to do first with this Acetyl Pyrazine I got yesterday. I made a Pecan Cheesecake yesterday that probably would have been awesome with it.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I am mixing, working, procrastinating, and deciding what to test next.

How about you @Smoky Blue?

was going to cut grass.. busted my foot up nicely.. :oops:
so sitting here going thru my flavors again.. taking stock and about to get rid of a few more..
going to teach my son how to make chocolate chip cookies tonight after dinner..
and dinner is chicken alfredo with 5 cheese texas toast.. mmmm :D

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I'm trying to decide what to do first with this Acetyl Pyrazine I got yesterday. I made a Pecan Cheesecake yesterday that probably would have been awesome with it.

AP is good with everything, even fruits and tobaccos.. ;)

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
At what % do you use AP to avoid that bready/doughy taste? <1%?

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Smoky - You just might have stumbled upon another great use for this forum. If several of us published "tonight's dinner" then I could get an idea from you - and vice versa. This could eliminate each and everyone of us having to dream up something out of the blue each night. I have already started tonight's masterpiece (Cheesy Hash-brown Casserole with Ham chunks, but tomorrow my crew is eating "Smoky's Chicken Alfredo with 5 cheese texas toast..
http://www.mommyskitchen.net/2009/09/cheesy-hashbrown-casserole-with-ham.html

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not sure how helpful I'll be in that area, @rowdyplace, especially tonight. My dinner will consist of stolen sugared bacon from a bday gift, and probably an egg salad sammich. But, I would love to get some ideas.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
At what % do you use AP to avoid that bready/doughy taste? <1%?

I use anywhere from .25% on up to 3% Flowers.. the lower you go, it's more nutty and not bready.. <<if there is such a word.. :rolleyes:

Smoky - You just might have stumbled upon another great use for this forum. If several of us published "tonight's dinner" then I could get an idea from you - and vice versa. This could eliminate each and everyone of us having to dream up something out of the blue each night. I have already started tonight's masterpiece (Cheesy Hash-brown Casserole with Ham chunks, but tomorrow my crew is eating "Smoky's Chicken Alfredo with 5 cheese texas toast..
http://www.mommyskitchen.net/2009/09/cheesy-hashbrown-casserole-with-ham.html

lmao.. :D I think there is a food thread around here somewhere, but haven't checked it out yet.. and yes I get ideas just reading bits and pieces all the way around.. kinda funny.. i am always thinking.. wonder how that would vape.. :D

happy nap, RP ;)

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
was going to cut grass.. busted my foot up nicely.. :oops:
so sitting here going thru my flavors again.. taking stock and about to get rid of a few more..
going to teach my son how to make chocolate chip cookies tonight after dinner..
and dinner is chicken alfredo with 5 cheese texas toast.. mmmm :D
Yay!!! I'm assuming you're inviting me for dinner and cookies? I can help with cookies. I'm a professional cookie maker and eater.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok. I feel like I need facebook for this story, but since I don't have one, you guys get to hear the misadventures of RocketPuppy.

Have you ever gone to a store, and you go to grab a product, but the box is opened or something, so you grab the one behind it?

Well...I did it a few days ago, and the result has me looking like Pippy Longstocking. I've never dyed my hair before, so I went with a color as close to my own as possible. I figured that even if I do a bad job, it will be practice. Why am I dying my hair? The greys arrived awhile ago, but they're getting a bit unruly. So...back to the tale. I mix tube number 1 with tube number 2 and I'm applying the dye. It seems surprisingly dark purple, but when I dyed my mom's hair years back, the same thing happened. Anyhow, I finish up, rinse, shampoo, rinse, shampoo until the water runs clear. Because there's still enough window light, I have yet to turn the light on. I quickly towel dry my hair and brush as usual. And then...I turn the light on. It turns out that I did not purchase the light brown hair dye that should have been in the light brown hair slot. I bought auburn, which now I know is another word for dark reddish-brown hair. One would think that I would have noticed the girl on the box with the reddish-brown hair I have effin dark redidsh-brown hair. Hahaha I'm an idiot, and I look like one, too.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, so a new avatar for rocket? :D

trost_rocket_pin_up_by_koshijhonny-d5gabb2.jpg

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
RP, is it horrible or just not what you wanted?

CaFF has a point there, you could be Rocket Kitten now :p

Isn't there a way to strip color?

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here's what I found on a Google search for stripping hair dye:

1) Make a paste out of Vitamin C tablets. If you dyed your hair a darker color with a semi-permanent dye (claims to wash out in 28 shampoos), make a thick paste of crushed Vitamin C tablets and water. Apply the paste to your damp hair and rest an hour before washing out. This will remove most of the color if applied within a few days of the dying - You will not need to re-color your hair, the paste is non-damaging.

2) There are color removers like Color Zap that will make your hair the color that it is naturally, as well as Color Removers that will gently make your hair colorless, or bleach blonde.

3) Purchase some dandruff shampoo such as Head & Shoulders or Original Formula Prell. Dandruff shampoo is a little more heavy-duty than normal shampoo; people with dandruff have excess sebum that causes the skin to flake off, necessitating a stronger formula. Buy some baking soda. Baking powder will not work. Baking soda is a natural (although not strong) bleaching agent. Mix them together and wash your hair several times, if necessary. If you can't buy baking soda, you can just try plain dandruff shampoo. Often, the act of washing your hair will help remove the dye from your hair, especially if the dye is semi-permanent.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here's what I found on a Google search for stripping hair dye:

1) Make a paste out of Vitamin C tablets. If you dyed your hair a darker color with a semi-permanent dye (claims to wash out in 28 shampoos), make a thick paste of crushed Vitamin C tablets and water. Apply the paste to your damp hair and rest an hour before washing out. This will remove most of the color if applied within a few days of the dying - You will not need to re-color your hair, the paste is non-damaging.

2) There are color removers like Color Zap that will make your hair the color that it is naturally, as well as Color Removers that will gently make your hair colorless, or bleach blonde.

3) Purchase some dandruff shampoo such as Head & Shoulders or Original Formula Prell. Dandruff shampoo is a little more heavy-duty than normal shampoo; people with dandruff have excess sebum that causes the skin to flake off, necessitating a stronger formula. Buy some baking soda. Baking powder will not work. Baking soda is a natural (although not strong) bleaching agent. Mix them together and wash your hair several times, if necessary. If you can't buy baking soda, you can just try plain dandruff shampoo. Often, the act of washing your hair will help remove the dye from your hair, especially if the dye is semi-permanent.
Love you flower!!!!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't have any of the products but will first try the head and shoulders. I used to love the smell of Prell but haven't seen it in years.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
wow, they still make Prell???

VU Sponsors