Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.idsnews.com/article/2015...-says?_h=a748589c-2208-4c69-917d-aac7e983b4ee

"Currently, in order to purchase an e-cigarette a person needs to be at least 18 years old, but there are no age restrictions on the purchase of e-liquids."

They can say it over and over again but I still am never going to believe this.
If "ecigs" are illegal for minors in Indiana than eliquid sure as hell is too.
This weasel is looking for a "it's for the children" way to slip a tax through - 5150

It should truthfully read:

Liquid nicotine needs to be taxed, state says

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Besides if it's illegal to buy an ecig than what the fuck are the kids using the eliquid in?

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sure the point is that it is not illegal to sell e-cigs to minors. But never mind the fact that no one actually does.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can see regulation a good thing to some extent...My first ever diy purchase was through RTS vapes and i had to send in a photo i.d through a jpeg to show proof of age...That i can deal with.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I can see regulation a good thing to some extent...My first ever diy purchase was through RTS vapes and i had to send in a photo i.d through a jpeg to show proof of age...That i can deal with.
I agree. However, as mentioned by Jaaxx, the suppliers already don't try selling to minors, without a law.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I agree. However, as mentioned by Jaaxx, the suppliers already don't try selling to minors, without a law.
True...but if there has to be a law to make them happy this is one law i would vote yes to.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
it actually IS a law but the weasel politicians came up with this 'ecigs are banned to minors ...but juice is not.' bullshit so they can add a new tax under the guise of "save the children".

Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hopefully its just one of those "you must be 18 years of age to purchase" laws, if any....Unless its an actual law "everywhere" they cant punish the idiots who sells it to minors ..so some type of a law or regulation has to be in effect.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
i see it as more of: demonize scaremonger, and propagandize, = TAX

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They want the money for licensing and what not but it seems a small amount really and not really a law saying you cant manufacture or sell in the state at all..Im a retired certified mechanic...i had to spend thousands on certifications and licensing and schooling just to be able to work...We cant fight the greedy palms really but its not such a bad proposition for someone seriously wanting to stay in the business.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hopefully its just one of those "you must be 18 years of age to purchase" laws, if any....Unless its an actual law "everywhere" they cant punish the idiots who sells it to minors ..so some type of a law or regulation has to be in effect.

It's not a "you must be 18 years of age to purchase" law. The article is very clear on that.

"The bills would require manufacturers of e-liquids to obtain permits from the Indiana Alcohol and Tobacco Commission, limit the ingredients that manufacturers are able to include in e-liquids and establish manufacturing requirements so that all containers are child-proof."

"These regulations include requiring e-cigarette shops to be licensed by the Indiana Alcohol and Tobacco Commission, taxing e-cigarettes similarly to traditional tobacco products, including e-cigarettes in Indiana’s statewide smoking ban and requiring e-liquid containers to be sold in child-resistant packaging."

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's not a "you must be 18 years of age to purchase" law. The article is very clear on that.

"The bills would require manufacturers of e-liquids to obtain permits from the Indiana Alcohol and Tobacco Commission, limit the ingredients that manufacturers are able to include in e-liquids and establish manufacturing requirements so that all containers are child-proof."

"These regulations include requiring e-cigarette shops to be licensed by the Indiana Alcohol and Tobacco Commission, taxing e-cigarettes similarly to traditional tobacco products, including e-cigarettes in Indiana’s statewide smoking ban and requiring e-liquid containers to be sold in child-resistant packaging."
You need a permit to be a licensed welder...a certified mechanic...a nurse...a doctor...a dentist...i dont see this any different really accept a tax on a drug which even big tobacco has to pay.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They are trying to weed out the little mom and pop shops who dont give a crap who they sell to or dont file taxes from income of the business...They want you legit to play the game..Unfortunately nothing changes, as with any business you have to pay for licenses but E juice just gets a tax on a drug (nicotine) that happens to be sold in one of the products.

Maybe im missing something but it all seems like standard business.

You can open a yarn store and have to buy permits and licensing..The only difference is e juice (sold with nicotine) deals with a drug and unfortunately that will be an extra cost.

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are trying to weed out the little mom and pop shops who dont give a crap who they sell to or dont file taxes from income of the business...They want you legit to play the game..Unfortunately nothing changes, as with any business you have to pay for licenses but E juice just gets a tax on a drug (nicotine) that happens to be sold in one of the products.

Maybe im missing something im not seeing but it all seems like standard business.

I'm stocking up on nic and flavors to sell juice on the black market. When big tobacco companies are the only ones left that can get through the regs, I'll be able to beat the sin tax and cornered market prices and make a killing.

I think the regs are dumb but I kinda hope they happen. I'll make the best of it. That's why I read these news threads. To see when I need to invest more.

Regs can't stop a battery and coil and seventh grade electronics. All they can stop is those that thought they could run a legit business.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm stocking up on nic and flavors to sell juice on the black market. When big tobacco companies are the only ones left that can get through the regs, I'll be able to beat the sin tax and cornered market prices and make a killing.

I think the regs are dumb but I kinda hope they happen. I'll make the best of it. That's why I read these news threads. To see when I need to invest more.

Regs can't stop a battery and coil and seventh grade electronics. All they can stop is those that thought they could run a legit business.
Well no business is really legit without the red tape unfortunately.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The businesses are legit right now, without the red tape. The red tape just means that the government gets a bigger cut and the people have to pay more.

If no nicotine was involved it may not be this way..but nicotine is a drug and falls into the ATF regulation...Were lucky we got away with it for as long as we have to be honest.

Ive been lowering my nic more and more and hopefully wont need to pay the higher price to vape with nic...I can build my own mech mods easily so not worried about a device to use either...This is going to hurt more of the future crowd than it will those who have come full circle in diy everything.

I plan to buy some nic also just in case but it will be for my personal use...sucks the shelf life is only good for about a year if you keep it in a freezer....better make all you can and sell b4 it goes bad...lol

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's all about the money. The government and tobacco companies thought that the e cigarettes would never be as big of an industry that it is today and keeps growing. They thought it was just a fad. Now they see all the money that is being generated and they want their piece of the pie other than sales taxes. But they can only go after the nicotine because everything else has other uses so there is nothing there for them to tax. My personal goal is 0 nic and I am at 3 now. The government waste so much money that they are always looking for new money streams. Until we force or government to within a budget and stop the waste they will tax us to poverty.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Awsome man. Way to be prepared to rape the community that probably saved your life.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Awsome man. Way to be prepared to rape the community that probably saved your life.
Nope not shitting on the community taking a practical approach.
In the states there are nic work arounds but need a UK nic supplier for it to come off without a hitch.
The PACT act truly fucked over a few small businesses and one went under the other went to the uk due to a postal treaty between the Royal Post and USPS. They are still in business and not one of my orders were ever fucked with.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nope not shitting on the community taking a practical approach.
In the states there are nic work arounds but need a UK nic supplier for it to come off without a hitch.
The PACT act truly fucked over a few small businesses and one went under the other went to the uk due to a postal treaty between the Royal Post and USPS. They are still in business and not one of my orders were ever fucked with.
A practical approach is "cornering the market and making a killing" sounds like greed and borderline drug dealer mentality.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'll be keeping the "community" supplied with cheap e-juice, sans the tax and increased costs to follow the regulations. Cheaper is better for the "community". I don't see that as raping at all. I see the government raping the "community" by adding 40% sin tax and license fees and not me that will not have the tax or fees.

In other words, I'll be offering a a 40% or better discount if/when my state implements any of the laws proposed in other states, and they will . I don't think my clients will mind not paying the government for the juice they buy from me. Your mileage may vary.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A practical approach is "cornering the market and making a killing" sounds like greed and borderline drug dealer mentality.

That's not what I said.

I said, "I'll be able to beat the sin tax and cornered market prices and make a killing."

The "cornered market prices" being big tobacco when the regs knock out the Ma and Pa shops.

And yes, I'll be able to make a killing and still sell cheaper than a taxed and licensed business.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What a joke. Making a killing is not doing anyone a favor... if it was you would be selling it close to cost. You will also be setting a great example by commiting tax evasion.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What a joke. Making a killing is not doing anyone a favor... if it was you would be selling it close to cost. You will also be setting a great example by commiting tax evasion.

I'm not a charity. If anyone wants to, they can buy their own DIY supplies and make their own for cost. If they would rather not do the work then they are willing to pay me to do it.

Fuck the taxes. Poor people don't need to be paying the government 40% extra just so they can vape.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im not talking about those taxes. Im talking about the taxes you wont be paying on your profits.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im not talking about those taxes. Im talking about the taxes you wont be paying on your profits.

Ah. All the government has to do to ensure they get income tax is not give me the opportunity to undercut the legit business. In others words, their regs and sin tax is what will make it profitable for the black market.

They can sit back and collect the income tax from legit business or they can pass ridiculous regs and taxes and get nothing. I'm good either way.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I plan to buy some nic also just in case but it will be for my personal use...sucks the shelf life is only good for about a year if you keep it in a freezer....better make all you can and sell b4 it goes bad...lol

Pure nic lasts indefinately if properly stored.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Crab pot mentality.
Should I have paid the increased PACT taxes on the snus that legal until some fat leaching fuck in Washington made it so? I should have but seriously FUCK my state tax on smokeless tobacco it is 150% of wholesale.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What does that have to do with income taxes?

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ah. All the government has to do to ensure they get income tax is not give me the opportunity to undercut the legit business. In others words, their regs and sin tax is what will make it profitable for the black market.

They can sit back and collect the income tax from legit business or they can pass ridiculous regs and taxes and get nothing. I'm good either way.
That makes no sense. Thats like me saying " i can do a job cheaper by not paying taxes, and thats the gov fault for having taxes" your mentalitly is why illegal immigrants are thriving by not paying taxes

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't agree with restricting e-liquid for the sake of children, but what about nicotine base?
If your child gets hold of your credit card or has one of his own, he can buy 100mg/ml base, no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Why impose a EXTRA tax on nicotine liquids. Why is this ok? This an just another tax for the purpose of collecting money. E-cigarettes should be a welcomed product as they will help stop cigarette smoking. Instead they are demonized. Teen smoking is the lowest since 1991 (CDC REPORT). Businesses have established licensing procedures. This additional requirement isn't necessary.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ALL taxes are for the purpose of collecting money.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why impose a EXTRA tax on nicotine liquids. Why is this ok? This an just another tax for the purpose of collecting money. E-cigarettes should be a welcomed product as they will help stop cigarette smoking. Instead they are demonized. Teen smoking is the lowest since 1991 (CDC REPORT). Businesses have established licensing procedures. This additional requirement isn't necessary.
The federal government plus the share each state gets, lost 2 billion dollars in cigarette taxes last year due to ecigs. So they need to recoup their losses. Don't think for a minute it was ever about your health or the kids that the government cracked down on tobacco. The health issue was a way in for the government to sue and tax the hell out of the tobacco industry.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That makes no sense. Thats like me saying " i can do a job cheaper by not paying taxes, and thats the gov fault for having taxes" your mentalitly is why illegal immigrants are thriving by not paying taxes

Pay all the taxes you want. I'm not stopping you.

Personally, I don't feel the need to let the government take my money and give it to the illegal immigrants in the form of healthcare, food, housing and ect. I don't agree with what they spend my money on. I limit my tax liability so they can't squander my money and give it to their friends.

In other words, your moral argument doesn't hold water with me when those taking my money through legalized theft are not moral themselves.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Indiana is doing ANYTHING they can to tax the shit out of vaping. Businesses selling juice and what not, already are required to have a business license, liability insurance, and have a sales tax license. There is already TAX paid on everything you buy in a B&M. But the state is NOT happy with just a 7% sales tax, they want MORE.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Tax evasion IS theft as well.

Like it or not, they can throw your ass in jail and seize everything you have. I don't like the taxes I have to pay either, but becoming a criminal is not my idea of smart if you are thinking of sticking it to "the man".

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's up to parents to decide whether or not they want to allow their teens to vape. To avoid the taxes and other regulations, just buy a lot of diy supplies and make your own. I'd rather a child of mine vaping something I made myself than something he/she's getting who knows where.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't paid income tax in years and years. All perfectly legal. I doubt very much that any government is going to spend much time trying to catch people selling a few bottles of juice out of their house and not declaring the income. Happens everyday already with juice and untaxed smokes.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I haven't paid income tax in years and years. All perfectly legal. I doubt very much that any government is going to spend much time trying to catch people selling a few bottles of juice out of their house and not declaring the income. Happens everyday already with juice and untaxed smokes.
Shhhh. Grandma up there'll turn you in. :p

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Doesn't matter what you think should be legal at this point. In Indiana it is illegal for a minor to use or posses an ecig.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Doesn't matter what you think should be legal at this point. In Indiana it is illegal for a minor to use or posses an ecig.

That was my point.

Now they are coming up with this "but the juice isn't" bullshit in order to fuck the whole industry over.

This needs to be done on a federal level or there is going to be 50 different sets of rules and regs from state to state and eliquid makers aren't going to be label to afford to make 50 different kinds of labels and formulas for each and every flavor of eliquid they sell.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wouldnt be so sure of that. The guy who runs the mechanic shop accross the street from my business got bust by the state for buying smokes off the internet and not paying the state taxes.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am so glad the rest of us could pay your part of taxes for the services you use. Your welcome.

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
New State laws on e-cigs supported by BT & BF is a faster and less costly way to disrupt / destroy our industry. Their lobbyist see an opportunity in unorganized States. This wouldn't stop anytime soon.

Roguexx

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In Michigan any nicotine product have to be 18 or older. I'm 25 when I bought my ecig ( I stick 30w and Atlantis tank) I wasn't carded went to a smoke shop to get a new coil and was carded for the coil.

VU Sponsors