Become a Patron!

Lurking no longer

Craig Mad Bricky

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I looked up "bricky" in the slang dictionary. Plan on using it.
lol, it's also what sparkies (electricians) , and nailbenders ( carpenters) call us Masons on the job.
The light headed and fainting for me had been associated with lack of nicotine and surprisingly from breathing better. To succeed at vaping you need the amount of Nicotine you need and if it's an obscene amount then that's ok. No shame in 48 or 56 or even a first thing morning straight shot of 100 dripped right on the old Nimbus. Vaping is a slow and inefficient delivery system compared to burning it. All the charts that say 12 or 18 or 24 is this amount of this type of cigarette are pure conjecture as no data exists to support any such guidelines. You vaporize as much of whatever strength you need to keep your self sane and not smoking cigs. I smoked 60 to 80 pure flue and fire cured Va/Burley tobacco RYO smokes a day with 5-7 large premium cigars mixed in. 48mg vaping is a big step from my smoking and a reduction from what I started from at 72mg. I have half a gallon of Nic in the freezer now!

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, from what I've read it's hard to quantify how much nicotine one absorbs from a cigarette or after vaping.

I6mg is my preference but I have a bottle of 24 mg juice (snickerdoodle) flavoured)

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I used to keep a higher mg on hand for those times when I felt stressed. Now, I just vape more at a lower mg. Making it is so much cheaper, I wish I'd started doing it sooner. Glad I started, regardless. I've gone from 24 down to about 13mg now.

P1NkY

Member For 4 Years
...To succeed at vaping you need the amount of Nicotine you need and if it's an obscene amount then that's ok. No shame in 48 or 56 or even a first thing morning straight shot of 100 dripped right on the old Nimbus. Vaping is a slow and inefficient delivery system compared to burning it. All the charts that say 12 or 18 or 24 is this amount of this type of cigarette are pure conjecture as no data exists to support any such guidelines. You vaporize as much of whatever strength you need to keep your self sane and not smoking cigs. I smoked 60 to 80 pure flue and fire cured Va/Burley tobacco RYO smokes a day with 5-7 large premium cigars mixed in. 48mg vaping is a big step from my smoking and a reduction from what I started from at 72mg. I have half a gallon of Nic in the freezer now!
Dude, you are my hero. Ain't no shame at all!
Just knowing that vaping is helping you, given your smoking history, is awesomeness.
You sir, are hard core!

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's encouraging to hear, Huck. Hoping to follow suit eventually.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's encouraging to hear, Huck. Hoping to follow suit eventually.
That was one reason I really liked buying from Pure Vapes. When you click on the drop down box to pick your nic level, you can reduce by 2mg increments to whatever you want. That made it easy. Most places, not all, only offer certain strengths.

I'm pretty comfortable at 13 for the time. I tried rushing it once and vaped like mad. Ended up ordering way sooner than I wanted. Now, I just tweak it on the mix calculator if I decide to change my level.

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Why do you avoid them / do you mean food or vape?
Oh, I mean food. Generally I try to avoid anything I could eat a whole bagful or tray-full of.

Not that I don't indulge at times. ;)

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, I mean food. Generally I try to avoid anything I could eat a whole bagful or tray-full of.

Not that I don't indulge at times. ;)
That's my policy exactly! If I know I've got no self control over something then my motto is "don't have it in the cupboard". I only eat cake in coffeeshops. It costs a lot if money lol so I'm not gonna eat much of it.

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's my policy exactly! If I know I've got no self control over something then my motto is "don't have it in the cupboard". I only eat cake in coffeeshops. It costs a lot if money lol so I'm not gonna eat much of it.
Sounds all too familiar!

And, yeah, I fork over like $3 for an "artisan" cookie when I want a sweet fix.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds all too familiar!

And, yeah, I fork over like $3 for an "artisan" cookie when I want a sweet fix.
That's half price compared to here. Let me see now. £2.40 for medium black coffee and £3 for cake. £5.40 / $9. I think it's very dear here.

If I lived in America I might end up a fatty

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Haha - yeah I would too!

VU Sponsors