Become a Patron!

Mage RTA by CoilArt

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Both of mine came with extra glass and all the spare orings.

I did notice on my black one, the Coil Art logo does not line up with the notches on the inside of the chamber. I still don't have a problem getting the notches lined up though.

Cagey75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Loving this tank, it's one of the better flavor RTA for sure. When I want big beefy chunky clouds, I use the Herakles RTA-2, when I want flavor first, I'll grab the Mage. The top cap is bloody annoying, mine was fine first few days, opened without fuss. But the more I refill it the more stubborn that cap becomes. Actually had to use a pliers to open it today [covered the teeth with some paper towel and just gently squeezed and turned the top of the drip tip, did the trick] other than that, I think it's a tidy, good looking little tank

Attachments

• TeslaMageRTA.jpg
    TeslaMageRTA.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 22

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
In the pic it looks like my cotton is not up against the juice holes, but it is. I dig this atty. Good flavor, vapor production, decent size deck. Running spaced Claptons on it. 3mm ID, 0.38 ohm. Try and not make your coils too wide...this takes up wick room on the sides of the coils and causes you to pack the wick too tight. I took a wrap off each coil and re-centered and was able to keep my wick fluffier and not packed so tight. Still need to get the wick up against the juice holes nice and snug to avoid leaking when filling.

No leaks after 2 weeks except for the first fill when I did not get the top cap snugged. Snug is all you need on that. Just create a seal. Do not over tighten or you will have trouble taking it off. To get it off, turn like you are going to tighten it...just barely. It breaks the seal and lets it come off easier.
After a couple of re-wickings I had no trouble getting the chamber and deck notches lined up. First time was a bugger though! Love the low profile and small look of this thing. Had my first one for a couple of weeks and just got another (black this time). The finish on the black is excellent.

Attachments

• IMG_0513.JPG
    IMG_0513.JPG
    744.8 KB · Views: 23

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I made something nice for my Mage today...amazing vape..almost unbelievable flavor, I would say better then a Petri RDA.
Mini Staggertons! I was putting 30g/40g Aliens in it before this but I wanted to try and make something "cooler" for it..these are what I came up with.

20160813_174952.jpg 20160813_180415.jpg

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to admit that raymo's appreciation for the Mage makes me like it even more. I just wish I could make coils like he does, that's like saying I wish I could paint like Michaelangelo though

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

noejuice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
raymo2u's brilliancy (above) is the most significant and important build by any builder in the entire history of vaping. Yes that's right.

By demonstrating that ribbon can be hand wrapped (coiled) up on its side, we have the total elimination of the need for RDAs and regulated devices and round wire thicker than 40g. This will have a profound effect on many peoples business models.

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've been so curious about 'frameless' ribbon builds but we almost never see them. Also curious about alternating individual ribbon widths creating channels and valleys in the build. Also binding alternating ribbbon depths into little sets of two and three . . . coiling up like layers of ply wood.

Side boob shot? Ohms? This is a fabulous build. Grouping the ribbons in sets of two or three might get the ohms up and then could be blasted out on unregulated series mechs.

There is a frame here though kind of. A 'mono-frame' in the center? Genius. Like when monoshock bikes came out . . . that's a claptoned ribbon in the center? Who's doing these on IG or is this a raymo2u original? This is a breakthough build guys . . .

Checked my IG stuff don't see anything like this . . . amazing! Best mini staggerton build I've ever seen! Flippin' made my morning huge . . . this is kid at Christmas good. This is really, really good.

Thanks for the compliments and appreciation guys, that last comment made me chuckle a bit!

Its not a new concept...its a Squidoode original (The Staple Staggerton) Usually it contains much more Ribbon and isnt anywhere near as tiny though...normally this build is in the .07-.08 Ohm range. Basically its a Ribbon Core with Spaced Clapton, sandwiched between to slabs of more Ribbon and Fused altogether...lots of channels/crevices and impressive heating properties. I chose not to use round wire framed becuase I wanted more wraps and less over all heat + higher resistance.

I dont have a SideBoob but I have some other angles and "premounted" shots

SPECS: 9 x .3R/38KD/42KD (5 Wraps/2.5mm ID @ .17 Ohms Dual Coil)

20160813_171712.jpg 20160813_171231.jpg20160813_171445.jpg 20160813_175349.jpg 20160813_174921.jpg

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got a .19 single coil alien in my Serpent mini vaping at 45 watts and its fantastic. But I would love to try those coils. Might have to make some kind of deal with you Ray ...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've got a .19 single coil alien in my Serpent mini vaping at 45 watts and its fantastic. But I would love to try those coils. Might have to make some kind of deal with you Ray ...
Aliens are what I use in just about everything, I did have a set in the Mage until I went to rewick it and wanted to do something different...it was a "spur of the moment" type of thing..I never would of though of trying it any other time.
I cant talk shop or Ill be punished but my rates arent insane like everyone else's... ;)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
On my chamber collar the Coil Art logo lines up perfectly with the notches so I just use the logo as my guide...I can see the raised air channels it is supposed to snap onto so it is pretty easy after a time or two to get it lined up no problem. It did take a couple of tries to get the hang of it, but now it is easy peasy.

Just got the black version in today...it is a beautiful finish on this thing!
THIS! OMG THIS!!!!
I just rewicked my mage
and OMG using teh logo to line up made it so simple to thread the collar on. got it in 5 seconds. SO liking my mage even more

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Glad that helped Mattp! I really like this little tank. Surprised me actually.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
let me say this
its not the perfect rta
its a great rta
an dit can be annoying
like i rewicked yesterday
and it leaked
no clue why
rewicked it again and its fine

I believe the griffins are more forgiving and easier to build on etc
but the mage has equal or better flavor and i like the no juice contriol
and i like the size etc. so theres things i like better about the mage

and the mage is not so difficult or annoying that if you have some rta building expereince you cant quickly get the hang of it

but i would not recommend it for your first foray into rtas

Cagey75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I find the Mage easy to build, so long as you're not trying anything fancy. Stick to 2.5mm ID or 3mm max, with nothing thicker than your average clapton wire, and you're good. I don't see anything tricky about it, you wick it like any other RTA, you aim the wick ends up through the barrel, tighten that up, clip the cotton and stuff if back down. Done. As for flavor, it's way more intense for flavor than any of the bigger RTA.

Just follow what this guy does, it really is very simple -

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the compliments and appreciation guys, that last comment made me chuckle a bit!

Its not a new concept...its a Squidoode original (The Staple Staggerton) Usually it contains much more Ribbon and isnt anywhere near as tiny though...normally this build is in the .07-.08 Ohm range. Basically its a Ribbon Core with Spaced Clapton, sandwiched between to slabs of more Ribbon and Fused altogether...lots of channels/crevices and impressive heating properties. I chose not to use round wire framed becuase I wanted more wraps and less over all heat + higher resistance.

I dont have a SideBoob but I have some other angles and "premounted" shots

SPECS: 9 x .3R/38KD/42KD (5 Wraps/2.5mm ID @ .17 Ohms Dual Coil)

View attachment 59051 View attachment 59052View attachment 59054 View attachment 59053 View attachment 59050

Nice! Kinda look like tank tracks!

noejuice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
.3 .6 .3 .6 .3 .6 or .3 .4 .5 then .5 .4 .3 or .5 .8 .5 or .8 .6 .4 then .4 .6 .8 or doublets .3.3 next to .5.5 etc no triplets--triplets should have varying heights

no round wire no frames hand wrapable without the ribbon collapsing massive use of 40-46 for staple staggering in through and around the sets

coil larger id and more wraps for series, smaller id less wraps for parallel imagine constructing thin sheets that get pressed together like plywood

If this can be accomplished rdas and round wire will not be needed and 8.4 volt vaping can occur inside of tanks look what happened to scarecrow, once he went series and microwire building *poof* he was gone into vape nirvana; kent picked him up 'cuz he looks cool and he's been crammin' series builds in the TMs ever since much to kents chagrin. everybody flits around the issue but nobody does it because it's so destructive to the I'm selling rdas and round wire for parallel business which is everybody. fuck 'em, I'm in it for the bad ass vape. some fool is gonna cross the line and then we'll be getting results although it's taking forever lol

Last edited:

noejuice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
CoilArt needs to sponsor raymo2u as their builder for sure . . . their use of his coils on their world wide Instagram network speaks volumes about his mad skillsets.

The profound volume of raymo2us work just knocks me over hard. He's got to be in the top ten or twenty world just on total production alone. This puts a builder in a special category. Some builders are known for their vision, like Squidoode. Some are known for their precision, like solecollector and others. Some are known for their fine macro photo work like off_world and pr0bez.

Stradivarius made 1100 instruments in his lifetime, 650 of which are still in use today over 250 years later. I think raymo2u is the Stradivarius of the Vaping Underground . . . and believe me CoilArt using his coils is no fluke or accident; it's a hard and well earned achievement of the highest order.

noejuice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The building for big power inside of tanks game is just starting to ramp up into high gear. It's critical that lots of progress is made in this field quickly because of the potential FDA squeeze on hardware. All I'm saying is that it doesn't surprise me, but I am impressed, that raymo2u has his surfboard sitting right on top of the biggest, most important wave in all of vaping. That's all I'm sayin' . . . no big deal, but it is a big deal . . .

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
As good as the Mage is I have to say I enjoy my Tornado Nano more. Heresy, I know.
I know what you are saying PaulS. The thing with me is that I'll vape on the Tornado Nano for a couple hours and think "what a great tank." and then I pick up the Mage, and say "Wow, what a great tank!". Then I will pick up my Boreas and say, "What a monster good tank!" And then the Merlin...and....

What I'm getting at is that we have so many damn great choices right now. I hate to think how the FDA regs have cut off this really wonderful path that RTAs and vaping were heading. Glad these top floor RTAs made it to market before we loose all our options except what the big business boys put out.

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So right.......I ordered a nano last night. It was $20 on eBay. I love the prices now. When I first started it would cost $50 plus for a atomizer and IF it had a build deck it was tiny. Anyways...........think there is a way to stop or revert the new regulations in 2018? Think big tobacco can really take away the vape industry? Atomizers have come far just in the year I've been puffin, could you imagine if it could continue? I've written my congressman. He wrote back, a cover letter I'm sure,saying he endorses the new regulations. Sucks.

Cagey75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So right.......I ordered a nano last night. It was $20 on eBay. I love the prices now. When I first started it would cost $50 plus for a atomizer and IF it had a build deck it was tiny. Anyways...........think there is a way to stop or revert the new regulations in 2018? Think big tobacco can really take away the vape industry? Atomizers have come far just in the year I've been puffin, could you imagine if it could continue? I've written my congressman. He wrote back, a cover letter I'm sure,saying he endorses the new regulations. Sucks.

Make sure to reply that he's lost a vote right there.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i'm hurt coilart didn't talk to me :D of all people that should have one it is me :D just not in budget for new rta's that might not like me

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found the nano the other day for 15 dollars and the same site had the Ijoy aSolo 200w for 20. So for 35 dollars I got both. Ridiculous right? At the moment you can find a lot of really good deals.

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
I've got two of these. It vapes so well and wicking is fairly easy. But! I broke the glass on the first one because everything was put together so tight. On the second I had to soak it in hot water for a few minutes to loosen everything up so it wouldn't break apart. In the first one the chamber screws on nice and easy. The second one screws on with difficulty. This is not a precision made tank as far as threading is concerned. Actually the worst built Tank I own (and I own more than a few). And the tank glass is fragile. So I have a love/hate relationship with this thing but all turns to bliss when I punch the fire button and hit it. YMMV.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got two of these. It vapes so well and wicking is fairly easy. But! I broke the glass on the first one because everything was put together so tight. On the second I had to soak it in hot water for a few minutes to loosen everything up so it wouldn't break apart. In the first one the chamber screws on nice and easy. The second one screws on with difficulty. This is not a precision made tank as far as threading is concerned. Actually the worst built Tank I own (and I own more than a few). And the tank glass is fragile. So I have a love/hate relationship with this thing but all turns to bliss when I punch the fire button and hit it. YMMV.

Are you talking about the Mage or IJoy Asolo?

kim leith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

This has happened to me more than once on other devices. Not sure what the solution is. Soaking in hot water first may help???

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That's what I do...put it under running hot water, then gently (if possible) loosen.

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
Did that with my second Mage. Still doesn't say much about QA for Coil Art.

VU Sponsors