Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I doubt he got paid at all. There was no copy right attached to his photos. News media pulls FB comments, pictures and video all the time and uses them. Hell, even the local paper used the pics on their site and they can't hardly pay their employees.

The people who know him said he sold his story to "The Sun" as well as "other media outlets".

I have no idea if that's bullshit or not but you would figure with all the fucking selfies he took of himself in fresh clean clothes, perfectly brushed and gelled hair with a big chunk missing from his face and no teeth that he was planning on using the pictures for something other than a lawsuit.

Lawsuit pics are purposely overgory with as much blood and gore as possible.
He may have taken THOSE pics before getting all dolled up to go to the fucking ER:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The people who know him said he sold his story to "The Sun" as well as "other media outlets".

I have no idea if that's bullshit or not but you would figure with all the fucking selfies he took of himself in fresh clean clothes, perfectly brushed and gelled hair with a big chunk missing from his face and no teeth that he was planning on using the pictures for something other than a lawsuit.

Lawsuit pics are purposely overgory with as much blood and gore as possible.
He may have taken THOSE pics before getting all dolled up to go to the fucking ER:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
He got dolled up first because the nurses are hot

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But if you bought the bike and told them you never rode before or even know how then said 'Oh well, lets see how this goes' and drove it off the lot, are they blameless if you die pulling out of the lot while causing a chain reaction accident that takes out a bus full of orphans and puppies?
yeah they are totally blameless....if you die because you are a stupid fuck whose never rode a bike and decide to try it out in a busy intersection that is called natrual selection..if a busload of puppies, kitties, babbies,nuns,vestal virgins,or whatever get killed it is your fault, not the fault of the people who sold you the bike....people don't have the right to force others to carry the wieght of their stupidity....
If stores are going to be held responsible to verify,test and train people in all the things they sell..well then the price of all goods is going to go up by fivefold in order to pay for the time and training of staff and customers....I don't know about you, but I do not want to pay five times the price for goods simply because people don't want to spend 5 hours watching youtube videos about how to vape safely.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But they come with instructions, a lot of the mechs I've seen come in a box with a mech in it and nothing else
an axe does not come with instruction...and people slice their feet up everday with them, hammers don't come with instructions and every johnny homeowner bashes his hands up with them....chainsaws, planers,routers...I saw I guy shoot a 3/4 inch router bit into his thigh leaving a 3 inch gash almost in a major artery...

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
an axe does not come with instruction...and people slice their feet up everday with them, hammers don't come with instructions and every johnny homeowner bashes his hands up with them....chainsaws, planers,routers...I saw I guy shoot a 3/4 inch router bit into his thigh leaving a 3 inch gash almost in a major artery...

I never said they will stop stupid people from being stupid. But do you really think a mech is something that should come without any instructions or warning from the manufacturer?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never said they will stop stupid people from being stupid. But do you really think a mech is something that should come without any instructions or warning from the manufacturer?
none of mine did...and I only use mech mods....I have a couple of hybrids which I use daily as well....every vape vendor I have ever seen has sold gear with the little excerpt.."This is for advanced users only".....where do people get off thinking they don't have to educate themselves...that it is somebody else's job to go around wiping their lazy asses and making sure their indolence doesn't wind up killing them as if they were fucking toddlers....its not like it's a state secret that these things can blow up...I mean everytime some dufus puts his sub ohm tank on a hybrid and turns it into a roman candle it is in every paper in america...people already know there is a potential danger messing with these things, just like they know chainsaw juggeling can cut your hands off....knowing this already and not taking the time to educate yourself to their proper use is on you...at this point in time nobody in america can pretend they aren't aware of the fact that vaping mods have the potential to meltdown.

When vaping started there were ONLY mech mods for the most part, and people weren't blowing themselves up....the major change that occured that spiked the number of these accidents were not mech mods hell it wasn't even low sub ohming,,,it was sub-ohm tanks...up until that time few people did low sub ohming, and those that did made it real clear that they were pushing the envelope on batteries and it was a dicey thing that required a thorough understanding of ohms law and the battery's limitations.....

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I'm surprised that shops don't have some kind of papers typed up by their lawyers stating:

"By signing this you understand the potential dangers of ___print_ device_here__ and you hereby understand that __place_shop_name_here___ and/or __Place_device_maker_here___ are not responsible for your fuck ups"

Then everyones ass is covered from the "sue everybody" assholes that are taking over this country.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm surprised that shops don't have some kind of papers typed up by their lawyers stating:

"By signing this you understand the potential dangers of ___print_ device_here__ and you hereby understand that __place_shop_name_here___ and/or __Place_device_maker_here___ are not responsible for your fuck ups"

Then everyones ass is covered from the "sue everybody" assholes that are taking over this country.
That's the problem with the country we live in and it is only getting worse...People are calling accidents "hitting the lottery"

Get sued because the hot coffee you serve is hot and settle because you know 12 random people are likely to screw you over and give the idiots more money.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

^^^this^^^ would solve most

I would only add, a small pamphlet with an outline on what and how to use mechmods
I'm one of the ones that started when regulated was in its infancy still.
Times have changed, it's not a small subset not people vaping, it's now the fad, which brings in the idiots and Darwin award nominees.

We had to figure it out the hard way, all we had was a small community. I still remember the people that helped me most when I was starting, pulsevape and baditude. I will always be grateful for the two of them for helping me quit.

They did not have to, but they both did. I do what I can to continue paying it forward like they did; and, hope that those I help do the same.

All of that said, it's not requirement, it's not a law; but, it sure would help a shops image and the industry's image if they would formulate a small pamphlet to give new vapors. At bare minimum it would help give johnQpublic something to see other than the headline of an exploding battery. Especially since to most this is a new technology. Drills and axes have been around since ancient times.

Last edited:

yvaiwhy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
fd2f2c4507e92ac6ceca467d827ac8b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's the problem with the country we live in and it is only getting worse...People are calling accidents "hitting the lottery"
Yeah so do but it is kinda like the exploding "ecig stories".

For every one of those that get a big settlement out of an accident. There are thousands who do not.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'd still like to know how the mod blew his teeth out then went on to blow black shit all over the ceiling along with breaking a chunk off the side of the bathroom sinks counter.

Seems like a lot of broken shit over one vented 18650 - 5150

Well, if you SMOKE a VAPE, you have to expect bad things to happen. He probably lit it like a cigarette... so he could SMOKE it. :facepalm:

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That my friend, is yet to be figured out. So far from what I think that would be not being stupid enough to blow one on our faces?

Yes but I would think that for a statement like that to be in any way absolving the manufacturer of liability that there would have to be established standards for just what a professional is?

I have been vaping for 2 years watched hundreds of hours of vaping reviews, and read thousands of posts on vaping.
I still do not consider myself a professional Vapist.

yvaiwhy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes but I would think that for a statement like that to be in any way absolving the manufacturer of liability that there would have to be established standards for just what a professional is?

I have been vaping for 2 years watched hundreds of hours of vaping reviews, and read thousands of posts on vaping.
I still do not consider myself a professional Vapist.

If you do then you've got a problem, like you said how do they decide who's a pro or not? How is the criteria set even rather than just writing that, they should write down 'learn how to use one and try not be another statistic'

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you do then you've got a problem, like you said how do they decide who's a pro or not? How is the criteria set even rather than just writing that, they should write down 'learn how to use one and try not be another statistic'

Or be like me and learn that you do not want to use a hybrid style mech and just get ones with 510 pins.

yvaiwhy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or be like me and learn that you do not want to use a hybrid style mech and just get ones with 510 pins.

I'm good with hybrids, my top hats have a groove in them by the positive atty thread and I don't use just any on mechs. It's either complyfe 2/3 post battle deck (3 post a PITA with some coils) or the goon 528. All 3 have their positives protruding more than enough and has an insulator around them.
I don't see why I shouldn't use them and go for a mod with a pin type. I do have a paragon which has that system though, not bad for a few bucks hits quite nice even on the wotofo troll v2. I still use it every now and then.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
O.K...O.K..... let's be fair...if we force shops to take responsibility for the people who walk into their shops and want buy stuff....It's only fair that once you pull some dumbass stunt like vaping in the shower, or slapping a sub-ohm tank with a flush pin on it ontop of a hybrid mech mod...that the word "DUMBFUCK" be tattooed on your forehead, so that the innocent public at large, and future merchants know to stay clear of you.or refuse to sell matches or sisccors to you.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
O.K...O.K..... let's be fair...if we force shops to take responsibility for the people who walk into their shops and want buy stuff....It's only fair that once you pull some dumbass stunt like vaping in the shower, or slapping a sub-ohm tank with a flush pin on it ontop of a hybrid mech mod...that the word "DUMBFUCK" be tattooed on your forehead, so that the innocent public at large, and future merchants know to stay clear of you.or refuse to sell matches or sisccors to you.
I would be more than OK with that...
Provided the tattoo is in bold impact font...And done in the old school way with a hammer.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The first 18minutes discusses the idiot of the week

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Get sued because the hot coffee you serve is hot and settle because you know 12 random people are likely to screw you over and give the idiots more money.

We are awarding people for their stupidity.
How fucking stupid is that???

VU Sponsors