Become a Patron!

Mech mod coil build question

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Would a twisted coil produce more vapor than a parallel coil?

I'd like more vapor without lowering my ohms. Right now my regular set up does better than my mech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'd like more vapor without lowering my ohms. Right now my regular set up does better than my mech.

Depends on what type of wire are you using, like what guage and type it is... plus if it'll be a dual coil there's more surface area so there should be more vapor but you are also using more power.. or if your doing a regular dual coil or a sleeper coil ( 2 coils made from the same strand(s) of wire which will mean you would do half of the wraps on each side instead of doubling the wraps like you would need to do normally for dc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A twisted coil will have more resistance than parallel coils because there is more length in the twist.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Twisted is just parallel that's been twisted, just say'n ;)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A twisted coil will have more resistance than parallel coils because there is more length in the twist.
Yes, this is true, but not enough to make much of a difference unless it's a giant coil

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haha didn't think of that. Well right now I'm running 24 gage parallel.

I believe if I did 4 strands of 24g twisted around 3mm, it would come out to .25 ohms. If I remember correctly.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe I should rephrase the question. Right now I'm running a single 24g parallel coil, 4 wrap, 3mm at .21 ohms.

So what's the best build for clouds I could do using a single Samsung 25r(20amp) battery?

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I'm not familiar with your building skills. If you're able to do alien coils, then a pair 3x28K/38N, 3.0mm I.D, 5/6 wrap coils does very nicely with a single 25R. Otherwise, you can always put a pair of fused Clapton coils in it, 2x26K/38N, 3.0mm I.D., 5/6 wraps.

RonMack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
As you get more comfortable with building and vape mechs for a while you'll probably want to build lower 0.15 is a good vape as well the higher your resistance the slower the ramp up time and that's a battery killer

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No way I'm going that low on a single battery mech. Better safe than sorry

RonMack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I go down to 0.07 but I never suggest that someone go that low without proper experience I have a few different mods just built an triple core alien and I paralled it with 24 Guage n80 3 x 26 Guage Kanthal . 38 Guage n80 3mm inner diameter AV brass Ables 24mm Goon and 24 mm kennedys mostly be safe just letting you know that there is room so where your building should be plenty safe just do the proper maintenance and vape care free.

RonMack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

What kind of wire are you using?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
0.26 22 gauge parallel 3mm 4 wrap

Refer to post #58. My current build is very similar to what you're suggesting.

If I want more vapor production, I'm gonna have to learn how to build claptons.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I got a drill from someone awhile ago but the battery is shot lol

RonMack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I got a drill from someone awhile ago but the battery is shot lol
You can tie the wire to a coffee cup and a pencil to do some twisted wire builds but to Clapton you will need a drill

VU Sponsors