Become a Patron!

MVP 2 replacement options?

Wildcatm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My MVP 2 is now defective, won't last under half a day without going yellow from green. Chraged maybe 5 times in total. Contacted Innokin, and was informed 101vape is not an authorized dealer. I was never informed this. Long story short, it's past 30 days so 101vape won't replace or fix. I have an authentic serial code I double checked. None of this matters except I need a replacement for said MVP 2.

My question: What is a regulated box mod that I could get for around $30-40 or less? On a tight budget. I've never used watts. I use volts. I don't see me needing something like a 30w, but never know. I'm easing into rebuilding. I'd just like built in ohm meter, easily be able to see battery level, and vv/vw. We do have an i4 charger and can get 18650 batteries if it's a mod that I would need a battery for.

Easily open to suggestions and thoughts. Much appreciated!

Last edited:

Wildcatm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmm..thoughts on something like a Tesla? Feel like I'm having information overload again with all of these choices. Think I'd like a hana clone some day or something like it.

Not sure I trust Innokin after this fiasco. I'm sad my mvp is dying, had heard good things and loved it until it started acting up.

Wildcatm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
wetvapes has the IPV2 in stock

If it's the $109 price, I can't do that. Budget is $30-40 or less. I'm eyeing a Tesla, or anything similiar that takes 18650 batteries. SID? Really like box mods though.

Last edited:

Wildcatm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to hear that - how long have you had it until it started acting up?

I bought it April 18, 2014. Not sure when it got here..so, just over 4 months? To say I'm disappointed doesn't even come close to how I feel right now, lol.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My MVP 2 is now defective, won't last under half a day without going yellow from green. Chraged maybe 5 times in total. Contacted Innokin, and was informed 101vape is not an authorized dealer. I was never informed this. Long story short, it's past 30 days so 101vape won't replace or fix. I have an authentic serial code I double checked. None of this matters except I need a replacement for said MVP 2.

My question: What is a regulated box mod that I could get for around $30-40 or less? On a tight budget. I've never used watts. I use volts. I don't see me needing something like a 30w, but never know. I'm easing into rebuilding. I'd just like built in ohm meter, easily be able to see battery level, and vv/vw. We do have an i4 charger and can get 18650 batteries if it's a mod that I would need a battery for.

My recommendation for a 3800mah Li-po batter that is 33.00 it is the Groove 2 you can grab it at Madvapes I got two of them for the great battery life for being out and about The Groove I had problems these do not and are stainless steel and also they have no limit on ohm so I usually vape at 1.0 or 1.2 ohm's they are VV/VW I prefer to use these in VV mode
http://www.madvapes.com/the-groove-2.html

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
You can get one of the Smoke Groove V2 for $37.

http://www.madvapes.com/the-groove-2.html

11212-1_2_.jpg

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The fire buttons on the Itaste MVP's are junk I have had both the MVP I and MVP 2 go out I wont go into details as I tear apart everything. Itaste makes great hardware and crappy electronics :)

Wildcatm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Will have to look into this Groove 2. Debating and checking out options before I order for sure. Choices, so many choices!! I never realized how much of a hobby vaping would become. Glad to see good reviews of Groove 2-- one thread I had read on it said a person was turned off from it because the seller told them the mvp 2 was better.

I did love my mvp 2..I honestly have no idea if the problem is the battery, or electronics. Somethings up though for it to deplete in under half a day. I can usually get 4 days total out of it, and while chain vaping. When I get nervous, or stressed, I have to vape! *grin.*

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Oh, I want it, but my wallet says "NO!". Love the battery capacity, color, sleek design, puff count, beauty ring, battery protection, can charge phone. All around, nice!

Get what works for you and your wallet. Not what the VU peanut gallery wants you to have.

And if you do end up getting the Groove, make sure you get the 510/eGo adapter as well so just about anything will fit on it and work.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I responded to you on FB

Wildcatm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Get what works for you and your wallet. Not what the VU peanut gallery wants you to have.

And if you do end up getting the Groove, make sure you get the 510/eGo adapter as well so just about anything will fit on it and work.

Thank you :) I'm in lucky, I have a 510/eGo adapter already.

Wildcatm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I responded to you on FB

Thanks, pami!! <3 I wanted to ask a friend about her Vamo, she recommended the Tesla. I've not heard thoughts from anyone with a Tesla. I've never used a mod like that though, only eGo's before mvp 2. Partial to box mods for some reason! But, open to trying whatever works.

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Started a conversation with you about this.
Listen to UncleRJ. You don't get to his very advanced age without picking up a little wisdom. :)

vapedee

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Hi Wildcatm
I saw some you tube vids on how to repair issues with mvp.
.some looked real simple - i think it would be worth your while to check it out. Poss just battery issue

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had the same issue with world of vape. I sent it back cause the output wasn't working.

But the claim everything is working fine. I didn't fine out if they where a dealer.

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will have to look into this Groove 2. Debating and checking out options before I order for sure. Choices, so many choices!! I never realized how much of a hobby vaping would become. Glad to see good reviews of Groove 2-- one thread I had read on it said a person was turned off from it because the seller told them the mvp 2 was better.

I did love my mvp 2..I honestly have no idea if the problem is the battery, or electronics. Somethings up though for it to deplete in under half a day. I can usually get 4 days total out of it, and while chain vaping. When I get nervous, or stressed, I have to vape! *grin.*

I can't remember her name but she is on here and get one off ebay for 38.00 shipped. Vapingtown I think the seller is
But look into yours first.

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can't remember her name but she is on here and get one off ebay for 38.00 shipped. Vapingtown I think the seller is
But look into yours first.
That's me , I just got two from vapingtown2013. As for the groove 2 I haven't owned one but will tell you I had my heart set on one on the way home from the beach. We went to madvapes, and those people were awesome, but the sales lady talked me out of it. She told me that the MVP2 was much much better. More durable and lasted much longer. I have ordered many times from the guy on ebay, always great.

I did however just see them on I think it was the vapor foundry for $35.

Now you want to listen to MRscaryz since he owns one. I didn't end up purchasing it that day, due to the run down comparisons the sales lady gave me. She literally told me that I could ask any sales person there, they will tell you the same thing, what you have is a lot better. Personally I love box mods, liked the looks of that and price was great.

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's me , I just got two from vapingtown2013. As for the groove 2 I haven't owned one but will tell you I had my heart set on one on the way home from the beach. We went to madvapes, and those people were awesome, but the sales lady talked me out of it. She told me that the MVP2 was much much better. More durable and lasted much longer. I have ordered many times from the guy on ebay, always great.

I did however just see them on I think it was the vapor foundry for $35.

Now you want to listen to MRscaryz since he owns one. I didn't end up purchasing it that day, due to the run down comparisons the sales lady gave me. She literally told me that I could ask any sales person there, they will tell you the same thing, what you have is a lot better. Personally I love box mods, liked the looks of that and price was great.

Sorry Damwow I forgot your name. My bad

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Groove 2 looks cool….

Can you take it apart and replace the battery??

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i must be really lucky. i have had two MVP2's for over a year, dropped them both several times (even on concrete), and they work just fine and never had a problem with the power button either. to me they are bullet proof.

but i do like the looks and price of that groove thingy.

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry Damwow I forgot your name. My bad
No problem!

i must be really lucky. i have had two MVP2's for over a year, dropped them both several times (even on concrete), and they work just fine and never had a problem with the power button either. to me they are bullet proof.

Mine survived every drop but the toilet. I loved the look of the groove, was so damn excited to buy it, my husband says well I guess you might,as well buy another mvp then, sales lady said trust me we would, but don't get it in the store here they cost way too much. Unfortunately I didn't order my second one in time for the toilet drop, but when I replaced it I bought two and that was the kit. He sells a variety pack of wraps for 6.50 and I have a back carbon one on one of my mvp with black beauty ring, looks sharp. When I placed my order I asked if he would sell me another purple glitter wrap like the one that went in the toilet, and he sent one free.

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a groove and it is pretty well made. has lasted me for about a year. It was the first ones that came out.. for the price it cant be beat.. I like it much better than the MPV i had.

Wildcatm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Wildcatm
I saw some you tube vids on how to repair issues with mvp.
.some looked real simple - i think it would be worth your while to check it out. Poss just battery issue

I didn't even think to search YouTube! Great idea! I'll have to have a looksie! Thank you.

Wildcatm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

That's why I was so disappointed. MVP2 seems so durable and I wasn't having any problems at all until just recently. I was really, really aggravated earlier today after the responses from Innokin and 101vape. I had ordered from 101 with my Kamry K100, my Aerotank, and the MVP2. Won't be doing business with them again. The reply I received was curt and not helpful at all. Same with Innokin.

Wildcatm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
http://www.vaporfoundry.com/innokin-itaste-mvp-v2/
$35.99
Nitroe has nothing but nice things to say about this place on Mod Envy

I'd go through them if I was going to purchase another, but after the experience(s) today I kind of want to steer clear of Innokin. Thank you though, Damwow! Steering towards Groove 2, rght now, it's on sale cheaper than an SID or the Clouper Hana clone for a little more. I noticed Fast Tech has a clone for $56 but was told not to go through FT for something like a Hana clone. Granted, I bought my neme clone from them and some other items. Not had a problem yet.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I'd go through them if I was going to purchase another, but after the experience(s) today I kind of want to steer clear of Innokin. Thank you though, Damwow! Steering towards Groove 2, rght now, it's on sale cheaper than an SID or the Clouper Hana clone for a little more. I noticed Fast Tech has a clone for $56 but was told not to go through FT for something like a Hana clone. Granted, I bought my neme clone from them and some other items. Not had a problem yet.

I have the Hana Clone from Focal and I truly love the beast!

Very well made and I have not been able to put the sucker down.

At least until bedtime and then it charges for another day of my vaping pleasure!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, I want it, but my wallet says "NO!". Love the battery capacity, color, sleek design, puff count, beauty ring, battery protection, can charge phone. All around, nice!
Get what works I was just recommending the Groove II based on the fact of the capacity its Li-po which is great and it can even sub ohm its a mean machine for 35.00 dollars but you have to be the one that is using it... Ohh yeah thats why I have so many mods I use so many and can never make my mind up what I want to use for the day :) hehe

Wildcatm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the Hana Clone from Focal and I truly love the beast!

Very well made and I have not been able to put the sucker down.

At least until bedtime and then it charges for another day of my vaping pleasure!

So how long does it last before you have to charge it again? A day? Sleepy brain here, sorry if I am slow to understand!

Wildcatm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Get what works I was just recommending the Groove II based on the fact of the capacity its Li-po which is great and it can even sub ohm its a mean machine for 35.00 dollars but you have to be the one that is using it... Ohh yeah thats why I have so many mods I use so many and can never make my mind up what I want to use for the day :) hehe

Yep, that's what would be great for me when I decide to try sub ohm builds. Can't beat $35, $40 with shipping. LOL, that's not a bad thing at all enjoying using all your mods! :D

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know you said your vape budget is in the 40-ish range, but if you can manage to stretch a bit more, Venerable Vaping has the iPV1 35 watt box mod in stock for $69.99...the iPV2 50 watt is all the rage these days, but honestly, 50 watts is a bit much for my vaping style and I doubt I'll ever even need 35 watts...I've been looking for a box mod to take the place of my MVP's as an all day carry without dropping a c-note on it so I bought one and tracking says it will be here on Thursday..

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So how long does it last before you have to charge it again? A day? Sleepy brain here, sorry if I am slow to understand!
Ummmm for me coming and going every other day but I use alot of mods and use low ohm stuff if you are using regular 1.5 2.0hm stuff I would say atleast 2 -3 days before you have to charge but remember Li-ion batteries love to be charged I just plug mine in every night or early morning as I am usually up half the night ... Now it will do subohm I would not go under .8 ohms but it does fine with them.. its really kinda a freak under the radar..

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Sid is a great deal as well I should have mentioned that as others did the only thing is battery charging for example my GF I do all the charging she does not and will not charge batteries there is something to be said for mods that you can just plug into a 1amp usb port or AC to DC ---> usb adapter :)

Wildcatm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Sid is a great deal as well I should have mentioned that as others did the only thing is battery charging for example my GF I do all the charging she does not and will not charge batteries there is something to be said for mods that you can just plug into a 1amp usb port or AC to DC ---> usb adapter :)

Right! I'm also like that but don't mind charging batteries. I'm already used to as I charge fiance's while he works. 0:) I do prefer the option for USB to wall chargers. Makes life much easier to have either option. I really like short circuit and battery protection features. Also like that one can use their own 18650 in the DNA30 clone but that's not a "must", since I'm very used to charging the mvp2 already and that I can't remove & replace with a battery. I noticed a "con" though on the DNA30 clone that it has to "wake up" before each use? I'm not used to that, think it might be a pain to have to wake it up each time to vape.

The only thing I'm torn on about Groove 2 is that can't be used while charging, not a pass-through? I liked the MVP2 with the issue I'm having especially that I can plug and vape but have yet to do so. Again, not a "must" but it's nice in case there's not a backup mod around. I don't know if I skimmed and missing reading it, but, what is the Groove 2's lowest ohm setting?

SO many choices! This is tough!

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

Using a VCT5 2600 mAh battery it will last me a full weekend day of fairly constant vaping with a KFL with a 1.9 ohm coil between 12.5 and 14 watts.

As far as it needing to wake up, I have just gotten into the habit of giving the button a short press before pressing again to vape.

You really don't need to do that so instead you can just press the button and it takes a short second before reaching temp.

Wildcatm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Using a VCT5 2600 mAh battery it will last me a full weekend day of fairly constant vaping with a KFL with a 1.9 ohm coil between 12.5 and 14 watts.

As far as it needing to wake up, I have just gotten into the habit of giving the button a short press before pressing again to vape.

You really don't need to do that so instead you can just press the button and it takes a short second before reaching temp.

Very good to know, thank you!!

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought it April 18, 2014. Not sure when it got here..so, just over 4 months? To say I'm disappointed doesn't even come close to how I feel right now, lol.

They have a six month warranty plus US repair location. I think I found their phone# under "support" on the mfgr's website. Check it out.

Wildcatm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They have a six month warranty plus US repair location. I think I found their phone# under "support" on the mfgr's website. Check it out.

I've already contacted both 101 & Innokin. Both only have a 30 day warranty and no repairs. Innokin was less than willing to work with me also because 101 isn't an "authorized dealer".

Wildcatm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you, whoever removed the spam post! :) Already have batteries and a charger..

VU Sponsors