Become a Patron!

MVP 2 replacement options?

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hmm..thoughts on something like a Tesla? Feel like I'm having information overload again with all of these choices. Think I'd like a hana clone some day or something like it.

Not sure I trust Innokin after this fiasco. I'm sad my mvp is dying, had heard good things and loved it until it started acting up.

I had a Tesla and it was a pretty solid device. One of the better Chinese regulated devices IMO. The menu is a bit of a PITA at times but that is the only downfall with it.

Just curious how long have you had the MVP. They have a 3 month warranty. One of mine died after 6 weeks and I had it replaced. I ended up selling it before I ever opened it.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
A tesla is a good idea IMO, especially since you are building and have a charger. All you need is a pair of 18650's, and then you're set to get into mechs, too, if you so choose. Mvp2 to Tesla to my first mech is actually what my most recent vaping path was. I like the vape on the tesla more than the mvp, but the mvp will read and fire lower ohm coils than the tesla. It only reads and fires to 1.2. With a 3 amp limit, which they both have, 1.2 is about all they can actually power competently anyway.

I did get my tesla used, and the threads for the battery were already kinda iffy, but they have completely stripped, relegating it to a voltage meter now. So, it's an aluminum device, I don't know if the threads are SS or aluminum, but be nice to them.

Also, it's super light, but it is tall with an atty.

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'd go through them if I was going to purchase another, but after the experience(s) today I kind of want to steer clear of Innokin. Thank you though, Damwow! Steering towards Groove 2, rght now, it's on sale cheaper than an SID or the Clouper Hana clone for a little more. I noticed Fast Tech has a clone for $56 but was told not to go through FT for something like a Hana clone. Granted, I bought my neme clone from them and some other items. Not had a problem yet.

I can't blame you for feeling that way. It really leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I am sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. I am hoping, for the sake of a lot of us, that you got a fluke. I spent a lot of time researching and did find a few review like MRscaryz, that said they were put together crappy, then I found a lot of great ones too.

I have a vamo v5 also, but there is something about the box mods I like. Funny thing is when I was first looking at them I was like no way do I want something that big lol!!! Good luck in your search, I am sure whatever you get it will be like anything else, some love it and wouldn't live without (I hope that's how you feel about your next purchase) and some will tell you it's the biggest piece of junk out there! People talk about how subjective juice is, but I think honestly, every thing in this hobby is subjective! Best of luck to you and let us know what you end up with!

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang, sorry about that warranty falsehood; thought it was six months... I have two of three MVP remaining after a year of heavy vaping -- but can see battery life is starting to diminsh. So just ordered Hana Mod DNA 30 clone from FT. This has solid reviews and accepts 18650 replacement batteries. Latter was important criteria as it's been weak point with my MVPs. At $56 it's above stated price point, but it's what I chose to do. Cheers, LV

Wllie Lopez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My MVP 2 is now defective, won't last under half a day without going yellow from green. Chraged maybe 5 times in total. Contacted Innokin, and was informed 101vape is not an authorized dealer. I was never informed this. Long story short, it's past 30 days so 101vape won't replace or fix. I have an authentic serial code I double checked. None of this matters except I need a replacement for said MVP 2.

My question: What is a regulated box mod that I could get for around $30-40 or less? On a tight budget. I've never used watts. I use volts. I don't see me needing something like a 30w, but never know. I'm easing into rebuilding. I'd just like built in ohm meter, easily be able to see battery level, and vv/vw. We do have an i4 charger and can get 18650 batteries if it's a mod that I would need a battery for.

Easily open to suggestions and thoughts. Much appreciated!

Yeah, 101Vapes is on my MOST UNWANTED list right now for a kayfun they sold me that rusted. The unit was still within 30 days and they refused to exchange the unit. More than likely I will not be purchasing anything from them anymore.

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just received my DNA30 clone by Clouper and my god I love love love it!

VU Sponsors