Become a Patron!

My new Griffin RTA (vs Crius)

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine as well buy it and forget it...its always a nice surprise...Im still waiting for the So Horney RDA..

@CrazyChef any update on yours? My order's tracking info doesnt work like my last order from them
I'll buy one for the goon but I need one ASAP as I particularly like the Griffin and don't own a ton of gear like some people on here, just the bare essentials. Double helix designs has them but the colors are horrendous lol.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Great timing!
:D

i'm thinking of a few different possible builds, but for the initial build I'll probably go with alien sextuples. Pulling a little over 200 watts! Definitely won't be using the Cricket for this one.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
:D

i'm thinking of a few different possible builds, but for the initial build I'll probably go with alien sextuples. Pulling a little over 200 watts! Definitely won't be using the Cricket for this one.
HOG V1 and top to bottom: Aliens, Stitched Aliens, Super Wide Alien Framed Staples...That would be a Feat for sure...and about a pound of wire.

chinacatsunflower-

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I finally got the wicking down on the Griffin as it's my first ever RBA, I've got to say... it was 100% worth it. Absolutely loving this tank right now, and I'm selling my Crown; never buying a stock coil again!

Running a basic 26ga Kanthal A1 7/6 wrap, 2.5mm ID build with KGD cotton at 52.5 watts and reading 0.42 ohms, it's simply a dream. Can't wait to try out other builds in it, if I get this kind of flavor out of that basic build, can only imagine twisted coils or... claptons :eek:

chinacatsunflower-

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hey guys, I could really use some help! Still loving my Griffin, but having some trouble with it now.

I popped it on my RX200 after a re-build, put a 26ga Twisted Kanthal A1 6/5 wrap, 2.5mm ID, running at 0.24 ohms.... but after taking it back off, I realized something. My airflow control was stuck to the base of my tank. To take the mod off, the AFC twisted over to the other side and in turn got stuck, and so I had to use tweezers to push it back into place... which was not easy. Now my AFC is 2x looser, and I'm not really sure how I can fix this.

It's a real pain too, because I'm not sure how else to take my tank off my mod, besides by the AFC. Considering moving the top of the tank adjusts the JFC. So whenever I take off the tank from my mod, I always have to end up forcing the AFC to the other side, getting it stuck again, pushing it back into place after that, and then re-attaching it. Rinse & repeat... it's becoming real frustrating.

Any advice to fix, or at the very least avoid this, would be highly appreciated. Thank you for reading, and thank you even more if you reply.

Ravendark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just a video showing that the 25 actually holds the amount of liquid that it says... maybe a little more (the guy puts in 6.5ml of liquid) @20:28

Hey guys, I could really use some help! Still loving my Griffin, but having some trouble with it now.

I popped it on my RX200 after a re-build, put a 26ga Twisted Kanthal A1 6/5 wrap, 2.5mm ID, running at 0.24 ohms.... but after taking it back off, I realized something. My airflow control was stuck to the base of my tank. To take the mod off, the AFC twisted over to the other side and in turn got stuck, and so I had to use tweezers to push it back into place... which was not easy. Now my AFC is 2x looser, and I'm not really sure how I can fix this.

It's a real pain too, because I'm not sure how else to take my tank off my mod, besides by the AFC. Considering moving the top of the tank adjusts the JFC. So whenever I take off the tank from my mod, I always have to end up forcing the AFC to the other side, getting it stuck again, pushing it back into place after that, and then re-attaching it. Rinse & repeat... it's becoming real frustrating.

Any advice to fix, or at the very least avoid this, would be highly appreciated. Thank you for reading, and thank you even more if you reply.

I fooked up my 510 gold-plated pin, I contacted geekvape and they sent me a complete base for free... it took them 2 months though but I got it in the end...

Ravendark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will get my hands on the Griffin 25 today, impressions later tonight

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey I figured id post here, my Griffin wide bore got destroyed in a fall, so where can I get a new in pretty short order? I hate the 510 adapter on it
Crispy Caps 510s are pretty fucking awesome
7ec0e66e7d7ac998f7865f5ce54673b6.jpg
0cbc63b3484e8557592e700e7b0f12bc.jpg

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Should have mine by Saturday... I can hardly wait!!! I've got a build waiting on it. Love my Griffin and have high hopes for this one with top air flow. Taking a build out of my Temple and collapsing ID down to 3 mm from 4 mm 4/3 DC at 0.12 Ohms. It's going to need the top air flow at 150 Watts.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here's a little review on the 24mm from Zopie:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I missed this whole thread. I'm going to read through though when I have time. I've been using Griffins for a while now. I have 2 of the 22MM and a 25 plus. Ive had one ran over and destroyed too lol. It dropped out of my pocket in a street. The deck on the 25+ is pretty awesome. Lots of room and wicking it is a breeze.

VU Sponsors