Become a Patron!

My new Griffin RTA (vs Crius)

Ravendark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vaporesso is having a Gemini RTA mega out soon, but the only difference is that it just holds more liquid.
Same deck, same airflow as it seems...

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got around to putting it on my Noisy Cricket, 32x2/36 fused Clapton's, 8, 2.5 di wraps @ 1.12 ohms.

Awesome doesn't even begin to describe the Vape!

d37944e01ed400da1ff5acd53996b434.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

bugs-one

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Finally got around to putting it on my Noisy Cricket, 32x2/36 fused Clapton's, 8, 2.5 di wraps @ 1.12 ohms.

Awesome doesn't even begin to describe the Vape!

d37944e01ed400da1ff5acd53996b434.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I definitely gotta get Claptons. Seems like its the best, according to everyone's comments.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I definitely gotta get Claptons. Seems like its the best, according to everyone's comments.

They really do live up to all the hype, especially fused clapton's. I started out buying pre-made but could not find smaller gauge that I needed, majority is all 26x2/32 or 28x2/32. So I found Grimm Green's vid on making Clapton's with a fishing spinner. So easy and been really loving 30x2/34 and 32x8/36 Claptons. Especially with the NC where you need to build high ;)

OhMG

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got mine today and noticed something strange. The review videos all had tanks with the word griffin in cursive font engraved onto the chimney. Mine has a griffin logo and everything else looks exactly the same as everyone elses but the name isn't engraved. I got mine from Subtank Supply, just wondering if anyone else has the same issue?

Yeah! my griffin also... i got it with the authentication card and legit box from vape shop... otherwise i would be scratching my head with thoughts of a clone!

formernuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My 2 are the same as yours. I love mine 2.7 ohm builds are great and last forever I want to try .2 when these wear out

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ravendark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
... and it holds under 6ml of liquid... not 6 or 6.2 for the standard version...
I don't know, if I buy it... if... I will do it only for the bigger tank, but on the other hand, it's not that big of a deal
I am a tad disappointed with the 25, and I don't remember where, I saw on a video that it is actually 24mm, not 25

Ravendark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
... and it holds under 6ml of liquid... not 6 or 6.2 for the standard version...
I don't know, if I buy it... if... I will do it only for the bigger tank, but on the other hand, it's not that big of a deal
I am a tad disappointed with the 25, and I don't remember where, I saw on a video that it is actually 24mm, not 25

correction, the base is 24mm, the outer diameter of the glass is 25...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Reported - what a pain!
I also reported every single one of his posts...I feel his posting right should be under probation and moderated...hes not here to help or ask for help...hes here only for views and clicks...

Looks like he didnt last lol you should remove the quote of his post, so you dont help him get what he wants...

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Probably a dumb question but does anyone lay their Griffin on it's side and if so, does it leak? That was the dealbreaker for my last RTA.

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Probably a dumb question but does anyone lay their Griffin on it's side and if so, does it leak? That was the dealbreaker for my last RTA.
I've laid mine on its side, usually when it's in my carry case and I've noticed the paper towel in there sometimes is a little moist,,, nothing major though.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you wick it correctly it wont leak....Its really easy to wick and unless your trying to wick it wrong its almost dummy proof.

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you wick it correctly it wont leak....Its really easy to wick and unless your trying to wick it wrong its almost dummy proof.
Agreed. I had an awful time with wicking. Once you figure it out though the tank works great. I have two Griffins. The black one never leaks, the silver one does but not much. Just need to find time to rewick it.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Agreed. I had an awful time with wicking. Once you figure it out though the tank works great. I have two Griffins. The black one never leaks, the silver one does but not much. Just need to find time to rewick it.
Super quick way to wick it is to thread you cotton, cut slightly past the deck and then cut the tips into a "V" pattern and tuck in the "V" into the port...usually that'll do it.

Try and make it so the widest point of the "V" is at the top of the ring and only the pointed part of the "V" is tucked. It will wick quickly and if you juice is think or there is too much pressure from filling the "V" design will help brace the wick, helping it to expand and fill the channel tighter as the pressure increases. It will do the opposite if the pressure is low (Half Tank or lower) and this will help the juice keep up. After you do it once or twice you should know right where the wick should be cut without even measuring it and wicking wont take more then 2-4 minutes from start to finish.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nice. That's what I was hoping. I guess I'll be ordering a Griffin on payday.

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Super quick way to wick it is to thread you cotton, cut slightly past the deck and then cut the tips into a "V" pattern and tuck in the "V" into the port...usually that'll do it.

Try and make it so the widest point of the "V" is at the top of the ring and only the pointed part of the "V" is tucked. It will wick quickly and if you juice is think or there is too much pressure from filling the "V" design will help brace the wick, helping it to expand and fill the channel tighter as the pressure increases. It will do the opposite if the pressure is low (Half Tank or lower) and this will help the juice keep up. After you do it once or twice you should know right where the wick should be cut without even measuring it and wicking wont take more then 2-4 minutes from start to finish.
Perfect!! Thanks!

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Finally got my wick right. Top of deck barely tucked in. Got it a 8 wraps at 4mm of 24g. It's hitting great. It really is a great easy RTA.

formernuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really love this tank. I built .27 ohms (trying for .2) figured why not try it figuring I would replace it when it wears out..... they don't wear out even the wicking seems to last forever. I'm running it 90 watts. My only complaint is that the flavor is so intense I'm noticing flaws in juice I used to like, but hey I'm mixing my one ejuice now just finishing off the last of my store bought while some test juices steep.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

yamada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
im trying to remove the velocity deck so that i can clean the inside, no matter how i tried i simply cant screw open it. is the deck fix or something?

Light seeker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
im trying to remove the velocity deck so that i can clean the inside, no matter how i tried i simply cant screw open it. is the deck fix or something?
Deck is fixed to the air control. About the only thing I dont like about this atty. I just dunk under the faucet to clean, then blow water out.

yamada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL damn, guess i just have to do that. Thanks Light.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Went and bought a Griffin, Black, at a local B&M. Bought some Clapton coils to build with. Just got home and am about to un-box the little beauty

Raymo2u - I cannot find the link where I can buy coils from you.

I will post some pics of the build.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went and bought a Griffin, Black, at a local B&M. Bought some Clapton coils to build with. Just got home and am about to un-box the little beauty

Raymo2u - I cannot find the link where I can buy coils from you.

I will post some pics of the build.
PM HIM

VU Sponsors