Become a Patron!

need help with a battery question

i ordered kanger's new topbox nano in a holiday bundle a few days back that came with

1 Kanger Topbox Nano 60w TC Starter Kit
1 5 pack of 0.5ohm Kanger SSOCC Replacement Coils
2 LG HG2 18650 20A 3000mAh Battery

1 Nitecore i2 Battery Charger (2-Bay)
1 Vape Combo Pack (5 Flavors - 15mL Bottles)

seemed like a pretty good set for $100 so i had them ship one out to me. but as i was watching some youtube reviews for the topbox kit i saw a guy go over the instruction manual and i noticed something. under the specs it says for the cell "lithium 18650 3.7v (must discharge over 30a)". i went over my order and looked at the batteries im getting in the bundle again and it says "Maximum continuous discharge current: 20A". also the site reposted the same bundle except now its saying "2 Sony VTC5 18650 2600mAh 30A Batteries (changed from LG HG2)". now im wondering wtf the deal is.

so here's what i want to know. did they screw up the bundle and ship them out with the wrong batteries? Will the LG HG2's im getting work with the device properly and safely? should i contact the site i ordered from and try to send the LG's back and pick up vtc5's instead? im getting the package on monday so if someone can help me sort this BS out before it arrives i would really appreciate it.

m.w.baughman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hg2 are top notch batteries.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

You're going to be fine. That mod is only 60w and I think it only let's you use a .3 and above coil. The tank that comes with it I think only makes .5 ohm and above. A single hg2 can handle anything over .3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hg2 are top notch batteries.

You're going to be fine. That mod is only 60w and I think it only let's you use a .3 and above coil. The tank that comes with it I think only makes .5 ohm and above. A single hg2 can handle anything over .3.

its the upgraded nano so it can fire down to .1 ohms and it comes with a .15 nickel coil for temp mode. with ohms law if its firing that with the full 60 watts it comes out to 3v and 20 amps, so should i just not use the .15 coil with an hg2 if the amps is the same as the batteries max continuous discharge current?

m.w.baughman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well we technically only pulse our batteries and with a regulated mod you have control of your wattage/amp. I run the same batteries in a parallel box which is wide open @ .1 does the display show your amp drain?

Well we technically only pulse our batteries and with a regulated mod you have control of your wattage/amp. I run the same batteries in a parallel box which is wide open @ .1 does the display show your amp drain?

i havent got it yet its supposed to come on monday. im just trying to find out if im ganna have to get a different battery to be able to use the .15 ni200 coil/temp mode. that and make sure i dont loose any fingers if i try to fire it.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In temp mode you should be okay, as you'll be using the max burst only momentarily. Also, the VTC5 is only a 20A battery itself, and with a shorter lifespan at that.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

In temp mode you should be okay, as you'll be using the max burst only momentarily. Also, the VTC5 is only a 20A battery itself, and with a shorter lifespan at that.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

cools, thanks for the reply man. i really wanted a temp control mod to reduce burnt hits and my buddy tells me kanger is a great brand. i started vaping about a month ago with a kanger emow mega and i burned up a bunch of coils the first couple weeks just from being inexperienced. after smoking cigs for around 15 years im loving vaping so far. i took 1 puff off a cigarette the other day and thought "wow that tastes like ass". im never going back

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kanger has their fanboys and their detractors, I'm of the mind they've got a solid middle-of-the-road product that's perfect for new converts, I've got a couple Subtanks, a couple Neboxes, and a couple of their new 120 watt TC mods on order.

Good luck with the quit - I was in the same boat a couple years ago, kept my old pack after I quit and a few weeks later decided to light up with my buddies who were visiting - didn't get halfway through the thing before I stubbed it out and grabbed my vape. Been a convert ever since.

VU Sponsors