Become a Patron!

Netflix - Hulu - TV Shows (aka What ya watchin'?)

jason_casey

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone watched limitless? I actually like it. The show takes place after the movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Has anyone watched limitless? I actually like it. The show takes place after the movie.

Love that show. I wondered how they'd pull it off without DeNiro and Cooper, but man, I've been impressed with it. Keeps my attention, for sure.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
We've been close to running out of movies and TV on Netflix, although there are plenty of documentaries to go through. We've had luck with ESPN's 30 for 30 series. A few duds, but overall, pretty consistent.

Whoever said they liked dark shows - The Killing on netflix. Not that Kevin Bacon thing. They cancelled the show after two seasons but people loved it so Netflix made a third season.

Merrick92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whoever said they liked dark shows - The Killing on netflix. Not that Kevin Bacon thing. They cancelled the show after two seasons but people loved it so Netflix made a third season.
If you really like it you could try the original Danish version (Forbrydelsen). I've never seen it myself but I imagine it must be decent.

whitecloud40

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wet Hot American Summer is pretty funny. The League!! That show is great. Watched alittle bit of Narcos, so far so good.

whitecloud40

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Heroes was on network TV, several years back. I saw an episode or 2 back then, didn't have much time for much of anything. Glen and I have gotten into it a bit. Season 1 was good, but lengthy. Seasons 2 and 3 and kinda WTF? weirdness, but I wanna get through to season 4, which is the last of it.... until this September. They're bringing the show back, calling it Heroes Reborn. I guess you'd call it Sci-Fi? It's a mixture of people from different walks of life that discover they have special abilities

Never heard of Heroes Reborn, but the original Heroes was sure pretty good.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I watched the original Heroes and quite like it. But I can't get into the new Heroes Reborn at all - watched the first one for a few minutes and gave up!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm still watching Reborn. I was a big fan of Hiro Nakamura (Yatta!!), and at some point he'll be on again. I've heard it's only supposed to be a mini-series. If it's supposed to be part of the regular fall tv line-up, at this rate, it won't survive,it's pretty terrible LMAO. I'd love for the old cast to come back to it, but they all found new shows, LOL.

jason_casey

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wet Hot American Summer is pretty funny. The League!! That show is great. Watched alittle bit of Narcos, so far so good.

Some of the seasons of the league I have seen close to ten times. I love that show. If I don't have anything to watch I just put it on.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, I've actually watched some TV lately - consumed like a 7-hour show in the course of 3 days about the Nazis and Japanese winning WWII (High Castle Man???). Actually pretty good, I'll spend a few more hours watching it next year if they make more of it...

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the other hand, I'm ready to slit my wrists if I must endure any more of this ridiculous doctor soap opera that I can almost recite line-for-line without having ever bothered to actually watch a single episode - a plane crashed with everyone on board and through some foul anti-miracle none of them died. A mass shooter went wild in the hospital and all of these delta bravos survived that unscathed. I wish nothing but death, not upon these pathetic network soap opera characters but upon the actors and actresses that portray them...the next time someone breaks out into song in the middle of a fake surgery I'm putting a brick through the TV I just dropped $800 on to appease my better half...

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I'm not really watching anything modern, but I have the entirety of Babylon 5 downloaded. I have been watching that here and there.

On the other hand, I'm ready to slit my wrists if I must endure any more of this ridiculous doctor soap opera that I can almost recite line-for-line without having ever bothered to actually watch a single episode - a plane crashed with everyone on board and through some foul anti-miracle none of them died. A mass shooter went wild in the hospital and all of these delta bravos survived that unscathed. I wish nothing but death, not upon these pathetic network soap opera characters but upon the actors and actresses that portray them...the next time someone breaks out into song in the middle of a fake surgery I'm putting a brick through the TV I just dropped $800 on to appease my better half...

Actually, Grey's sister died hahahahaha.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually, Grey's sister died hahahahaha.
That was nowhere near enough people - there are still enough of them to keep making a show. A show that plays in reruns 3-4 hours a night now that none of the soaps my wife watches are releasing new episodes for a few months. 3-4 hours a night. I shit you not.
I'm a nurse and I'm simply disgusted by doctor/nurses shows. All of them are complete fantasy. I did like Nurse Jackie (showtime) because it was more of a reality than anything else. She was a functional drug addicted loser nurse who OD's and dies in the last episode. (The End for real).
This is what needs to happen to all of these Grey drama queens - massive ODs. Spike the hospital water system with morphine or something, everyone goes to sleep. But then their ghosts would rise from the damned floor and sing pop songs...

VU Sponsors