VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
or chain vape like I do.

Chain vaping could be a culprit , but even if you chain vape at wattages below 20 watts you are very unlikely to go through four batteries in a day , especially if you are using batteries in the 2500mAh range.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
he vapes between 24-30w. is that high?? I just have egos and mods....

ok chain vaping on weak batteries that are due to be replaced. smiles. happy. laughs

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Chain vaping could be a culprit , but even if you chain vape at wattages below 20 watts you are very unlikely to go through four batteries in a day , especially if you are using batteries in the 2500mAh range.

25-30w and using vtc4. I just vape A LOT lol. A .9 ohm micro at 30w takes 5.1 volts and with a lot of my builds I'm at the 30w marker.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't know if a mod with 3 18650 or 2 26650 would be better for my vaping habits.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
25-30w and using vtc4. I just vape A LOT lol. A .9 ohm micro at 30w takes 5.1 volts and with a lot of my builds I'm at the 30w marker.

You may want ( or not ) to think in the amount of amps you are vaping at when looking at how long your batteries will last... it relates directly with the MAH capacity of the battery that way...

Example... with the setup you gave... you are using just over 5.77 amps.... a 1.4Ω coil at 30w would be using a little more than an amp less... about 4.6a so your batteries would last that much longer.

Of course, that would mean finding a coil setup that also provides the same flavor if you raise your ohms.. usually that would mean using a larger gauge wire ( lower number which also has less resistance, so it's a give/take thing ) in order to retain the same surface area you are currently using AND keeping the air flow over that coil similar to what you have it setup as also.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if a mod with 3 18650 or 2 26650 would be better for my vaping habits.

Look at the total MAH of the batteries the setup you are considering provide... MAH = capacity ie how long the batteries will last.

Batteries connected in parallel means you add all of the MAH together

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
he vapes between 24-30w. is that high?? I just have egos and mods....

ok chain vaping on weak batteries that are due to be replaced. smiles. happy. laughs

That will wear down batteries pretty quickly , especially a single 18650 .

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't have to worry, my wallet is so light that, if it was not in my pocket, it would float away. Can't spend what you don't have. But it is nice to see what you can't have. laughs

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't have to worry, my wallet is so light that, if it was not in my pocket, it would float away. Can't spend what you don't have. But it is nice to see what you can't have. laughs

Well people who have common sense know this but there are tons of people out there that spend money they don't have all the time , a time will come when they go "OMG" what now lol.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your kidding, there are dumb people out there that still think cause they have checks or a plastic card, they have money?????

snickers, ok, both are old ones....

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your kidding, there are dumb people out there that still think cause they have checks or a plastic card, they have money?????

snickers, ok, both are old ones....

I know it's shocking but the answer is "definitely" .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I vape 12 mg and 5 mls/day. I thought that was a lot.

LOL, with you 100% on that , i can't even wrap my head around people vaping like 30ml a day .

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I vape alot but not 30 mls a day.
and I thought I was a chain vaper...
I am a rookie next to that guy.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I vape alot but not 30 mls a day.
and I thought I was a chain vaper...
I am a rookie next to that guy.

It adds up. If I put half a ml in my dripper and get 8ish puffs and I vape 2 attys is a row. That's roughly a ML. It wasn't odd to smoke 20 cigarettes a day or more. So, if you say that those 16 are like smoking one cigarette doing that 20-30 times a day is not much different than the amount a lot of people smoked. It is not 30ml every day, but it happens. Drinking helps it too. I still vape a lot though if I mix a 30ml it last that day till lunch the next. I also only sleep about 4 hours so I have extra vape time that most sleep through.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I vape 12 mg and 5 mls/day. I thought that was a lot.

It didn't happen till I started using rdas. When I used cartomzers tanks back in the day and when I used clearomizer tanks I vaped about 5ish ml a day. I vaped 12mg then too. I dropped to 6 and then 3 when I went to only dripping and that is when the juice usage jumped.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually i can see a lot more juice usage if your using dual coils in an RDA and running lower ohm's , makes sense .

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I never really looked at what I do dripping and maybe it could be that much. When I do clearos and tanks, I know i did not but then dripping, I drip various flavors so no one bottle is hit hard.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Iamme If you are using a 30 watt device try building a single coil dripper at 1.6-1.8 ohms and run it at 30 watts.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Iamme If you are using a 30 watt device try building a single coil dripper at 1.6-1.8 ohms and run it at 30 watts.

I have a IPV2. I usually try to keep my builds on the .9-1.3ish range. I usually vape around 30 watts. Give or take 5 depending on the build and flavor. I did a macro vertical coil around a regular screwdriver and it came out to 1.6 it was a good vape, but it got hot faster than a hooker on a hand grenade, so I didn't vape it long. I cant for the life of me figure out why the driptip on my tugboat gets hot so fast. The V1 had a isolator, my V2 doesn't and it is a legit not a clone. If you chain vape more than a few hits on almost any build it turns into a branding iron.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the cherry vapes delrin friction drip tips and dont have issues on my Igo-w or Patriot. I also picked up two Dark Horse clones and even running 1.0 ohms at 70 watts they dont get hot with all that airflow.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'll have to keep that in mind. I seen the drip tip isolator on fasttech for 98 cents and I may give one of them a go on my next order.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
They have 260w box out or coming out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received a 260W today .. this 1200mah lipo is pretty impressive at 15W. According to the display I have been vaping for 8 hours, 171 puffs, and I still have 60% charge and 7.4v charge remaining. The values would change if I tried to push this device towards its capacity of 260W of course, but I could not get this same vape time from a 3.7/4.2v battery with 1200mah.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I received a 260W today .. this 1200mah lipo is pretty impressive at 15W. According to the display I have been vaping for 8 hours, 171 puffs, and I still have 60% charge and 7.4v charge remaining. The values would change if I tried to push this device towards its capacity of 260W of course, but I could not get this same vape time from a 3.7/4.2v battery with 1200mah.

You have a 360 watt mod and you vaping it at 15 watts. This makes me so sad. That being said I dont want to try anything at 260 watts :p

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

can i borrow about 100 watts from ya, you are not using it...laughs.....

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
You have a 360 watt mod and you vaping it at 15 watts. This makes me so sad. That being said I dont want to try anything at 260 watts :p

Ahahahaa ... I will not under any circumstances attempt to vape anything more than 30W :eek: But I do plan to fire it above that to see what happens :p And for my review I will of course test voltage output up to the 260W. :D

Interestingly enough I have found that owners of the authentic are not using the full power capacity either. It seems that most find the actual Power output to be excessive as well, and really wanted the device more so because they like the look and want to support the VA brand. :)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
can i borrow about 100 watts from ya, you are not using it...laughs.....

Sure sure sure :p ... Believe me my friend if it were possible I would happily send you all 200W that I will never use. :D

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ahahahaa ... I will not under any circumstances attempt to vape anything more than 30W :eek: But I do plan to fire it above that to see what happens :p And for my review I will of course test voltage output up to the 260W. :D

Interestingly enough I have found that owners of the authentic are not using the full power capacity either. It seems that most find the actual Power output to be excessive as well, and really wanted the device more so because they like the look and want to support the VA brand. :)

Most people i have talked to who have high wattage devices say they mostly got them for the extended battery life , not for the wattage.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Most people i have talked to who have high wattage devices say they mostly got them for the extended battery life , not for the wattage.

Yup! But I was surprised to see so many Variant users not even trying to use the full capacity. Just as it is with the authentic, the clone should only be considered if you like the look of the device, no other reason.

I wasn't initially expecting longer battery life with the 1200mah lipo, but so far it has in fact lasted twice as long as my LG-HE2 2500mah does while vaping the identical set up .. shocker. So that is a bonus so far that I was totally not banking on.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yup! But I was surprised to see so many Variant users not even trying to use the full capacity. Just as it is with the authentic, the clone should only be considered if you like the look of the device, no other reason.

I wasn't initially expecting longer battery life with the 1200mah lipo, but so far it has in fact lasted twice as long as my LG-HE2 2500mah does while vaping the identical set up .. shocker. So that is a bonus so far that I was totally not banking on.

Oh wow , i forgot about that has the LiPo's , yeah thats pretty amazing . Lots of people criticize mods that come with LiPo's but i hear time and again that many times they do last longer than replaceable 18650's.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They criticize LiPo's for good reason... they use a more volatile chemistry which is more prone to catastrophic failures... I use them in my RC planes but I also treat them with a lot of respect... While charging, they are never left unattended ( just in case something does happen ) and any damage to them... I replace them. I have one friend that lost his house to some...

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First time i have heard that and i have been around a long time.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First time i have heard that and i have been around a long time.

There are a ton of youtube vids of them failing... most of the vids were forced failures though. In the RC community, it's a well known issue since that is what they use.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
They criticize LiPo's for good reason... they use a more volatile chemistry which is more prone to catastrophic failures... I use them in my RC planes but I also treat them with a lot of respect... While charging, they are never left unattended ( just in case something does happen ) and any damage to them... I replace them. I have one friend that lost his house to some...

This is true, and the one thing that makes me a little nervous. I do have a fire proof charging bag and will certainly not charge them unattended. But I also have read that they are safe to use, they just have to be cared for properly like cylindrical Li-ions. The good news for me is that I will never be pushing the lipos anywhere near their full current capacity, so I would like to think that this reduces the risk of something going wrong ... "reduces" being the operative word of course.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There are a ton of youtube vids of them failing... most of the vids were forced failures though. In the RC community, it's a well known issue since that is what they use.

I don't doubt what your saying , i just wouldn't let it prevent me from buying a mod because of it , thats all . The criticism i hear about is their lack of battery longevity , i don't hear much complaining at all about safety but i'm sure it's out there.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought the Vaporshark DNA 30 which also sports a 1300mah LiPo.... but people do need told about the issue so they can learn and follow the safety practices that are recommended. The manufacturers don't mention it... so it's left to the users to pass the info on. In the RC hobby when LiPo's first started getting popular, there were a lot of incidents and accidents... as the community learned and started practicing the recommended practices... the reported issues finally started dropping significantly but it took a lot of time and repeated reminders before that happened.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I bought the Vaporshark DNA 30 which also sports a 1300mah LiPo.... but people do need told about the issue so they can learn and follow the safety practices that are recommended. The manufacturers don't mention it... so it's left to the users to pass the info on. In the RC hobby when LiPo's first started getting popular, there were a lot of incidents and accidents... as the community learned and started practicing the recommended practices... the reported issues finally started dropping significantly but it took a lot of time and repeated reminders before that happened.

I completely agree, and that is exactly what I intend to make clear in my review of the device. Neither Vicious Ant or the manufacturer of the clone went to any lengths to help educate their users about lipo battery safety, and what they would need to be able to use this device for the long term. With the Variant comes a whole new set of batteries, chargers, and accessories that are needed, which makes it good for some, but a terrible choice for some others. I enjoy learning so it suits me. :)

But damn this is such a costly hobby :eek:, but aren't they all? ;)

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm somewhat reluctant to post this... this is one of the extreme cases of a LiPo fire where the battery was left on a charger unattended and the fire was caught with a security camera. I am guessing that the battery that started this was either likely damaged or they were charging it with too many amps. In addition... these are large multicell batteries... 4S 5000mah with 45-90C ratings... 4S refers to having 4 cells wired in series. One battery starts the fire... but three end up burning with the last two being placed in a location too close to the one being charged. Thankfully, this happened on a metal workbench in a concrete block garage so the resulting damage was contained.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WOW could you imagin that being in the house next to your computer desk. Thanks for the heads up @rdsok

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just looked on You Tube and there are pages full of 18650 lithium batteries blowing up as well , seems as long as you follow proper safety practices no worries .

When i first bought my 18650's i read everything about them and have had zero issues , i would expect the same out of LiPo packs if you avoid being an idiot .

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know what you mean VH fan... but I'm going to only point out that you shouldn't use the words "no worries" when discussing any safety procedure... especially when dealing with any type of battery. I say that because some people will equate that to "no concern" which is not what we want... its how some people are wired ( pun intended ) where they place more on the last part said... on the "no worries... and tend to ignore the "follow proper safety practices" more that came just before it.

All battery types even including primary cells like the lead/acid, mercury and alkalines carry high density energy and can have a failure even if its only from a defective cell... or if it is from being abused in some manner. The amount of potential damage increases as the cells energy density and current outputs increase...

VU Sponsors