Become a Patron!

New builder looking for cheap mod that can handle builds

blisteredtwister

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Strip it down, just like you would to change the wick. Remove current with, dry fire coils and watch for hot legs at the +/- posts. Fix that issue if it exists, then reassemble, make sure your air flow is directly over your coil. If your lips are still burning, drop down to 38 watts, and / or get a non-metalic drip tip that doesn't transfer heat as much. My best guess at this point would be hot legs are the problem.
both my atty's have derin tips, wide bore...thinking about ordering 6" straw tip lol

blisteredtwister

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm having same issue with the avocado 24. Running dual .38 tiger coils. 40w+ good flavor but top cap/drip tip burns my lips after 2nd hit. I started a thread about it, and was told my build might be too big. So I picked up some SS316l and gonna try something simple. See what happens....
yep, when i 1st got it i ordered bunch premaid coils and premaid 10" sticks, but outta all the styles i got...twisted, triple twisted, and some juggernauts lol, but they all ran really hot. Only luck i had is with reg clapton like 24g wrapped in either 32g or 36g, or dual clapton 26g*2 wrapped in 36g. Also it seemed to work awesome when I first received it and knew nothing on how much to wick it. Now its burning wick on one side, can't find the flavor I once had, 1st I used the small thin squares of japan cotton, but I now have a bag of cotton bacon, native wicks, some silky feeling F5byVape cotton and even some local vape shop probably fake japan cotton in a ziplock baggy searching for what I once had lol, and still just not the same and running hot even at low wattage. I have the Pharoah also but...it just leaks all over and still taste like a machine shop but...it's super easy to build and wick so use it for prefiring my own builds and taking pics heh. I decided just gonna save up and get a nice mod and a rda and rta. Whoa...kinda rambled on there lol...best of luck from the centless senceless wannabe vapespert ;)

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
yep, when i 1st got it i ordered bunch premaid coils and premaid 10" sticks, but outta all the styles i got...twisted, triple twisted, and some juggernauts lol, but they all ran really hot. Only luck i had is with reg clapton like 24g wrapped in either 32g or 36g, or dual clapton 26g*2 wrapped in 36g. Also it seemed to work awesome when I first received it and knew nothing on how much to wick it. Now its burning wick on one side, can't find the flavor I once had, 1st I used the small thin squares of japan cotton, but I now have a bag of cotton bacon, native wicks, some silky feeling F5byVape cotton and even some local vape shop probably fake japan cotton in a ziplock baggy searching for what I once had lol, and still just not the same and running hot even at low wattage. I have the Pharoah also but...it just leaks all over and still taste like a machine shop but...it's super easy to build and wick so use it for prefiring my own builds and taking pics heh. I decided just gonna save up and get a nice mod and a rda and rta. Whoa...kinda rambled on there lol...best of luck from the centless senceless wannabe vapespert ;)

Have you tried re tuning the coil? Heat and squeeze and make sure it is centered?

VU Sponsors