Become a Patron!

New Capella Flavors.......... Any Reviews?

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not really sure how long any of these have been out but the site has a list of new flavors to check out........http://www.capellaflavors.com/
The listed ones are
-Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
-Jelly Candy
-Bavarian Cream
-Vanilla Whipped Cream
-Greek Yogurt
-New York Cheesecake V2
-Butter Cream
-Creamy Yogurt
-Blueberry Jam

If you know of any others or have any reviews or opinions about them please share. I know I am excited to try a few I see already, anyone else?
------UPDATE------
OOOOO man here they go AGAIN!!!
NEW CAPS FLAVORS: Just saw these for the first time today
Pink Lemonade
Strawberry taffy
Cereal 27(described as" butter and brown sugar crunchy goodness")
Popcorn V2

Last edited:

amanda.brock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
These look amazing I've seen a few of them mentioned in recipes but I've not tried any yet very interested in this thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've tried none of these so cannot comment on flavor, but for people interested in a butter flavoring without diketones, I have read (repeatedly now) that Capella's Butter Cream falls into this category. That doesn't make it true, but maybe worth looking into further if this issue is important to you.

Ok, wait- I have tried Cap Greek Yogurt. It's OK. It's mild for a Greek Yogurt flavor and not as creamy as I expected. (I'm not a big fan of yogurt flavors so far, so I recommend gathering other impressions too :) )

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've tried none of these so cannot comment on flavor, but for people interested in a butter flavoring without diketones, I have read (repeatedly now) that Capella's Butter Cream falls into this category. That doesn't make it true, but maybe worth looking into further if this issue is important to you.

Ok, wait- I have tried Cap Greek Yogurt. It's OK. It's mild for a Greek Yogurt flavor and not as creamy as I expected. (I'm not a big fan of yogurt flavors so far, so I recommend gathering other impressions too :) )
I bet the two yogurts would probably be best paired together

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you know of any others or have any reviews or opinions about them please share.

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream isn't really a new flavor, and is quite good for adding some Ice Cream to Fruits (4-5%).
(I also use some TFA Dairy Milk at 2% with this for some added "Dairy" effect).

Bavarian Cream isn't new either, but I like it a bit better than the TFA Bavarian.

Yogurts are newer and the Creamy is less sour than the Greek.
(Not meaning sour "as in tartness", but maybe more like sour milk IMO.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Heabob I knew some of these werent new but their site of course advertised them as new. The jelly candy is the one that really caught my eye and the yogurts but I am hoping the sour milk isnt an unpleasant flavor. I would like to pick that one up to try but not if it taste bad :facepalm:

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Butter Cream is great, but it doesn't deliver the butyric vomit flavor of Golden Butter if that's what you're looking for. "Butter Icing" is what I would have named it.

I didn't care for the "new" Bavarian Cream, so I dumped it into the bottle of TFA DX which I also don't care for. They're pretty similar. Lorann is better, but these days I sub FA Vienna Cream for pretty much everything BC.

I have Vanilla Whipped Cream, but I'm having trouble telling it apart from CAP Vanilla Cupcake V2, according to my notes.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We made a creamy yoghurt just over a week ago made with both plus FA yoghurt and it's amazing it had 3 different strawberries in it too plus creams and I can post the recipe if anyone wants it
I dont have yogurt yet but if you share it I will be sure to come back and check it out when I do!!

amanda.brock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok this is the recipe and it smells amazing and my other half loves it says it's just like eating strawberry yoghurt
0dc1b4d068e0a4bdd7d63bd7de228508.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks Heabob I knew some of these werent new but their site of course advertised them as new. The jelly candy is the one that really caught my eye and the yogurts but I am hoping the sour milk isnt an unpleasant flavor. I would like to pick that one up to try but not if it taste bad :facepalm:

Not really a bad sour, but for those that like things sweet they end up adding sweetener...

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
anyone tried jelly candy or blueberry jam yet??

I have Blueberry Jam. This is really great stuff if you like sweet flavors. To me it's rather spot on for namesake. Enjoy it mixed with Peanut Butter (obviously ...lol) but have added it to Game Over Custard and Clapton Crunch with nice results as well.
Seems stronger than other CAP flavors but maybe because I don't vape real sweet too often.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have Blueberry Jam. This is really great stuff if you like sweet flavors. To me it's rather spot on for namesake. Enjoy it mixed with Peanut Butter (obviously ...lol) but have added it to Game Over Custard and Clapton Crunch with nice results as well.
Seems stronger than other CAP flavors but maybe because I don't vape real sweet too often.
sounds good I am definitely going to add it to my list......I like the sweetness of caps I tend to use less and that is probably saving money too....Most of the caps I use only like .2-1% each. I am going to have to look up this Clapton Crunch(big fan of crunch PB)......you have a recipe or link?

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
smh no hazelnut....I like his break downs on the recipes and what each ingredient does and what not to do to mess it up lol.......Gonna have to keep it bookmarked and open in the browser for research, not sure why I hadnt already

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wayne has some great recipes. I mix that stuff 4oz at a time You can use FW hazelnut instead of tpa. If you like PB and banana, you must try his Firetrails.

Sent from my shoe phone using Tapa Toe Pro

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Butter cream is good, vanilla bean is goodcreamy yogurt is ok, kind if a bitch to get something good going imo... i think i enjoy capella flavors the best...

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
smh no hazelnut....I like his break downs on the recipes and what each ingredient does and what not to do to mess it up lol.......Gonna have to keep it bookmarked and open in the browser for research, not sure why I hadnt already

I really like that one myself, but have been using FW Hazelnut just cause I like it better.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wayne has some great recipes. I mix that stuff 4oz at a time You can use FW hazelnut instead of tpa. If you like PB and banana, you must try his Firetrails.

Sent from my shoe phone using Tapa Toe Pro
I absolutely cant stand bananas lol dont even care for the smell. If its really super sweet I will eat banana bread thats about it....I wish I had hazelnut at all but I didnt think it was that key a flavoring. I was thinking there was enough other "nutty" flavors I could prob sub for it when I saw it in recipes but its prob a very subtle undertone type that may be hard to nail with another type of nutty flavoring % wise...right? I personally thought from my experiences that the 2 drops or so of Acetyl Pyrazine was what gave me a milky flavor to diff recipes, Even turned some baked stuff(like cookies) into more of a milkshake type vape instead.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was thinking there was enough other "nutty" flavors I could prob sub for it when I saw it in recipes

Hazelnut is commonly used in "Cereal Recipes" to add some nutty or grainy effect, think it has some AP in it also.
FW Hazelnut is sweeter than others also, so it helps the Cereal mixes out a little more.
Usually works best in tandem with Creams & Vanillas.
FA Cookie also has some AP, as does INW Biscuit.
AP is also used to help with nutty part & sweetness, in low amounts of course.
FA Almond might work as a sub for the Hazelnut, close at least but not quite the same.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Heabob....How long have you been mixing for? You seem to always be pretty knowledgeable even on different brands .....Props and thanks for all the info everyone!!

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Butter cream is good, vanilla bean is goodcreamy yogurt is ok, kind if a bitch to get something good going imo... i think i enjoy capella flavors the best...

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
What % are you finding to be your usual on the butter cream? I just got it and kind of curious what profiles it brings to the table.....I Only used it in a few dessert recipes around 1% I think so far

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks Heabob....How long have you been mixing for? You seem to always be pretty knowledgeable even on different brands .....Props and thanks for all the info everyone!!

Just over 2 years and almost 400 flavors, but @Teresa P has me beat:cry:.
Several others here have been at it even longer than me tho...
Comparitivly I'm still a noob.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The vanilla whipped Cream is wonderful.
Used the VBIC in a Goose Juice clone recipe. Seems pretty good.

I use the Vanilla Whipped cream in my ADV Van custard recipe.
CAP VC1 to taste and about 25% of that amount in Vanilla Whipped cream. Simple and very tasty.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also made some creamy blueberry vape. In it I used mostly Flavor Concentrates Blueberry flavoring but used some CAP blueberry jam.
Good but pretty potent, will cut down on the blueberry jam next time.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just over 2 years and almost 400 flavors, but @Teresa P has me beat:cry:.
Several others here have been at it even longer than me tho...
Comparitivly I'm still a noob.
When it comes to mixing, we're all noobs, doesn't matter how long we've been at it. There's always something to learn, always a new flavor, even different methods on occasion. But that does keep it interesting, doesn't it? ;)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The vanilla whipped Cream is wonderful.
Used the VBIC in a Goose Juice clone recipe. Seems pretty good.

I use the Vanilla Whipped cream in my ADV Van custard recipe.
CAP VC1 to taste and about 25% of that amount in Vanilla Whipped cream. Simple and very tasty.
I love that whipped cream!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I better buy another 4 oz bottle of VWC since I bragged on it it will be sold out now!
Also another 4oz of CAP Vaniulla Custard V1. Down to 3 bottles of that!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have used the CAP Barbarian Cream. Is a good Bavarian Cream but I am not too wild about Barbarian Cream.
tried about 4 different brands so far....

I hear ya, it's one I rarely use myself, or try not to anyway, unless it's a recipe I find, but normally lower it to 1-2%.
1-2% is tolerable with some other things sometimes.
But I don't use it in any of my own recipes.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is there a caps cinnamon danish swirl and a caps cinnamon danish? Mine says danish V2 but doesnt say swirl.....is that the same?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Always keep a lookout for flavor name changes. TFA's brown sugar extra became just brown sugar, but it's the same flavor. And their black honey tobacco is now called black honey, but the flavor is the same. I don't know why some of them do that, maybe to save money on labeling....lol!

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got the brown sugar without the extra in that order too! haha

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Always keep a lookout for flavor name changes. TFA's brown sugar extra became just brown sugar, but it's the same flavor. And their black honey tobacco is now called black honey, but the flavor is the same. I don't know why some of them do that, maybe to save money on labeling....lol!
Maybe in prep for Deeming regs and such?

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I Just have to say I love how the Capella labels are all so professional and no matter where I order from, they seem to be the same(13 ml. anyway). I like the color coding too it helps identify faster when mixing! I cant wait for cake batter V2 and really want to try New York cheesecake V2. Is Golden butter any good, or chocolaty fudge brownie v2?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is golden butter a v2 or is it the "butter" they've always had? I used their butter flavor once and got rid of it, it left a greasy residue on a glass dropper I was using. Didn't want that in my lungs... :blech:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is golden butter a v2 or is it the "butter" they've always had? I used their butter flavor once and got rid of it, it left a greasy residue on a glass dropper I was using. Didn't want that in my lungs... :blech:

It's different from the old Butter flavor but it still has a warning, but I think its a different component in the new one.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Golden butter on the website was the V2 of the regular one and listed as "new" as well.....hehe

It's different from the old Butter flavor but it still has a warning, but I think its a different component in the new one.
I did not know it had a warning, ELR usually lists them and I didnt see one for it. Tried to look at the msds but I dont really know what to look for.....
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/res/msds/cap/CA1344_Butter_MSDS.pdf

VU Sponsors