Become a Patron!

New IPV Mini 30W ..

Perkidan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have had mine for a little over a week and I really like this APV. I have had no problem with any of my atty's sitting flush, and the thing about the atty firing in mobile mode is easy enough to fix...don't turn the function on with the atty attached. I paid 49.99 for mine, which was about 5 bucks more than the MVP2 when I bought it, and 15 bucks more than the I-stick. All in all, I am really enjoying this unit.

aldenf

Member For 5 Years
The iPV Mini appears to be a PWM device. The DC-DC mode is simply a mechanical pass-through. I would love it if Nicole would review it again in its regulated mode. Thanks!!!

pdxjlb

Member For 4 Years
The iPV Mini appears to be a PWM device. The DC-DC mode is simply a mechanical pass-through. I would love it if Nicole would review it again in its regulated mode. Thanks!!!
What do you mean alden that the DC-DC mode is only for pass-through? I'm confused on what PWM means. Could you give me some insight please?
Thank-you.

aldenf

Member For 5 Years

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DC-DC mode is apparently simply a pass-through mode functioning much like a mechanical MOD. The iPV Mini is a Pulse-Width-Modulation (PWM) device. My post in the iStick thread explains PWM reasonably well.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/eleaf-istick-compact-20w-box-mod.17063/page-8#post-137594

Cheers!

From the video reviews I've seen... I don't think DC-DC means it's a pass-through.... In the reviews, it shows them still adjusting the wattage which means it's a regulated DC output.

aldenf

Member For 5 Years
From the video reviews I've seen... I don't think DC-DC means it's a pass-through.... In the reviews, it shows them still adjusting the wattage which means it's a regulated DC output.

If you read Nicole's review, the output of the device bore no resemblance to the settings she entered. This is a real problem. The iPV Mini needs to go on a scope. I'm not suggesting it's not a great device.

But this would be the first chipset in the history of E-Cigarettes that can switch between two completely different technological means of regulating current. I may be wrong. But it would require a PCB twice the size of Evolv's DNA 40. What are the chances that a chipset in a sub-$60 device has that capability? Wouldn't this be a major selling point? Why hasn't Pioneer4You mentioned it anywhere? They haven't mentioned any second mode at all; not in their videos; not on their website; not with their vendors. Yihi doesn't have a second mode listed in the SX130 spec-sheet. Do you really trust Pioneer4You? Many of the new devices on the market switch between regulated output and pass-through capabilities. As far as I'm concerned, for many reasons beyond those I've mentioned, any second mode on the iPV Mini is simply a pass-through, unless otherwise proven. Caveat emptor...

Last edited:

MadVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine, in DC mode, even if I change the wattage I don't see a difference.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone purchased from this vendor before? Never heard of them just a few reviews on the site.

Last edited:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got it a couple of days ago and I must admit that I like it allot. Nice little device, does not feel cheap at all. Only problem I have is the ohms reader , the display shows 0.1 to 0.2 below what the actual resistance is, next firmware update should clear it up I guess. I have to say that it still does fire my Atlantis and it reads 0.4 ... Also, the low voltage protection kicks in a bit to low IMO, I would of liked to see it at 3.5 volts but it's 3.2 volts.

My SX Mini is stuck at customs, but in the next few days I should get it and be able to compare both SX130 and SX350.

Aside those 2 things, I really like it, here is a couple of pics with different setups.

Nice pictures of the IPV Mini 30, you can get them now for $60 nice price point. Lot's of features, portable, change your battery, good chip and looks like an all around good deal. A little less glare on the screen would be nice but still nothing to really complain about. I think this will be a very popular mod.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$60 isn't discounted.

101Vape has them for $50, as well as quite a few other sites and ebay vendors. That seems to be the settling price point.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll have to check out 101 vapes website. Not a personal fan of E bay and auction sites in general. $50-60 range is good for me. I though initially it was going to be around $70-75. Good batteries and a quality charger completes the package. I like this mod far more than the Joytech eGrip which I've seen going for $70

Last edited:
T

Taver13

so i recieved my ipv mini today. must say, i love the form factor, and its nice and heavy, which i like. it weigs more than my sigelei 100 did with two batteries. so far its performing well. i have a lemo on it, with a 1.5 ohm 26 gauge, vaping cloud chasers inc. sonic boom. pushing it at 30 watts all day and vaping great, battery life is fantastic at this resistance. on a side note, the lemo seems to like the higher resistance builds with regulated power, as opposed to what i was running on my mechs with it

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just checked www.evape.us they just got them in for $49.99 with FREE shipping. Black and silver already in stock. Anyone interested in picking one up for a great price you can get them there before they sell out. I like this mod it has a lot of great features and feels like a solid device. A good alternative or an addition to the i Stick for people who want to replace their batteries and sub ohm. Looking forward to the next version of the i Stick but until then as far as 30 watt portables go this in my opinion is the best out there.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so i recieved my ipv mini today. must say, i love the form factor, and its nice and heavy, which i like. it weigs more than my sigelei 100 did with two batteries. so far its performing well. i have a lemo on it, with a 1.5 ohm 26 gauge, vaping cloud chasers inc. sonic boom. pushing it at 30 watts all day and vaping great, battery life is fantastic at this resistance. on a side note, the lemo seems to like the higher resistance builds with regulated power, as opposed to what i was running on my mechs with it

The Lemo and Kanger Subtank work great with the IPV Mini. I'm like you I like a sturdy mod with some heft to it:)

Foghorn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I picked one up and paired with a Lemo, Wow it is hefty goodness so far,

So I'm charging it for the first time here now, the display is black, press the down button and get a charging icon that doesn't indicate level or any movement...

Anyone tell me what it does when its reached full charge?

I have a MXJO IMR 18650 2500 MAH 35A 3.7V High Drain Batt in it.

edit add*** so I unplugged it and turned it on, the batt level looks full...
I was hoping to see a progress bar or something while charging but saw nothing...

Attachments

• nxjo.JPG
    nxjo.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ordered one last night and I'm very disappointed to read that it may not be a DC regulated device. I've never been happy with PWM systems. They're too hard on coils and wicks. We'll see.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
P4Y is working on releasing an IPV 26650 version...than they will release the 500w chip than release the 60w heat protected chip...

A guy with inside info , thanks man.

On my IPV mini when I am in dc-dc and change the settings I can tell a difference. I use Aspire Nautilus, Eleaf Lemo and a few other tanks and rdas, with all of them, there is a difference in flavor and vapor production.

T

Taver13

On my IPV mini when I am in dc-dc and change the settings I can tell a difference. I use Aspire Nautilus, Eleaf Lemo and a few other tanks and rdas, with all of them, there is a difference in flavor and vapor production.
i agree, i get much better flavor out of my lemo, and im vaping a NET tobacco, really brings out the subtle sweet notes of it

I just got mine yesterday. I have it paired with an Aspire Atlantis sub ohm tank and a MXJO 35A 18650.
rTmFOAy.jpg

268D5k5.jpg

Last edited:

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yikes Spike, I'm sorry to hear that, but glad you've not sustained any injuries due to this "malfunction". It is frustrating to ponder that these devices are not perfect or even predictable 100% of the time. But I do hope that Asmodus does you right by fixing what went wrong, and quickly at that. Please give us updates about the repair if you remember. Happy Holidays regardless. :)
Ok...I got that update that you requested...Asmodus says they cant repair my iPV1....so....they are sending me an iPV2X as a replacement....they sent me the tracking....not bad...not bad at all...

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got mine yesterday. I have it paired with an Aspire Atlantis sub ohm tank and a MXJO 35A 18650.
rTmFOAy.jpg

268D5k5.jpg

That's a real nice setup. I like this mod it is built well and easy to transport. No more dealing with screwdrivers and tiny screws, just twist the bottom cap and insert the battery. It doesn't feel cheap at all nice heft to it.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, mine has quit. No good reason, just quit. I have submitted a ticket to eciggity. I'll let you know.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Other than reading .1 low on subohm coils, this thing is great. Probably the most comfortable device I have ever used.

pdxjlb

Member For 4 Years
Been using and loving mine since Christmas morning :D but I do agree that most subohm coil readings are within +/- .1
From what "rip" said in his video is that the chip isn't able to upgrade or update at all. Is that what the others here are seeing? Has anyone seen information about this chip EVER having an update??
Thank you all and happy week ahead,

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
IPV Mini V2 limited edition coming soon. 70 Watts .2 ohm resistance w/replaceable 18650 battery. They are stepping up their game.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I promised to let you know what happened with my return request and my device. First off I have not had the courtesy of a response from eciggity and the website shows it as pending.

However...

I started watching the Busardo review of this mod. While watching, I got mine back out of the box and popped a fresh battery in. Lo and behold it came on with a clear screen. But then a popped my Tobh at 1.0 ohms, it quit and the screen went wonky again. I took that off and tried a couple of other attys. Nope.

Then I took the atty off, took the battery out, put it back in, it came on. Tried an atty and it went wonky again.

Then I took the atty off and poked at the spring loaded pin a couple of times with a screw driver. It works now. :confused:

Apparently one must threaten it with a screwdriver.

T

Taver13

I promised to let you know what happened with my return request and my device. First off I have not had the courtesy of a response from eciggity and the website shows it as pending.

However...

I started watching the Busardo review of this mod. While watching, I got mine back out of the box and popped a fresh battery in. Lo and behold it came on with a clear screen. But then a popped my Tobh at 1.0 ohms, it quit and the screen went wonky again. I took that off and tried a couple of other attys. Nope.

Then I took the atty off, took the battery out, put it back in, it came on. Tried an atty and it went wonky again.

Then I took the atty off and poked at the spring loaded pin a couple of times with a screw driver. It works now. :confused:

Apparently one must threaten it with a screwdriver.
i need to do this, because that literally just started happening, and i was looking for a fix as you posted this

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i need to do this, because that literally just started happening, and i was looking for a fix as you posted this

I hope it works for you! Threaten it good.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok, its working now, iit stopped jumping all over the place....and to think, before i saw your post i was about to threaten it with a hammer

:D I know exactly how you feel.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sent mine back cuse I don't have a hammer

Eciggity NEVER responded to my return request, so not an option for me. It was made on 1/17 and still shows as pending. They are not getting my istick 50w order next month. Or any others.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's very poor customer service. They could at least respond and show good business form.

VU Sponsors