New Smoant Charon 218 TC Mod.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Smoant answered some questions on reddit

I'm just going to give a quick answer to most of the more common questions instead of replying to everyone individually since many of them were asked multiple times.

• Smoant is pronounced "Smo-Ant"
  • I will be working to clean up the English on the website the best I can.
  • The Charon update will be released hopefully by the end of the month or beginning of June at the latest.
  • The update will include a software suite for the computer.
  • There will not be custom battery doors released for the Charon. It was decided to focus efforts on quality control and R&D instead. The option is still available to vendors if they meet Smoant's standards of quality.
  • The 4 magnets included is the result of poor translation/understanding. It is meant to read as a feature of the device and not a separate component.
  • The cracked black paint scheme for the Battlestar was discontinued because it is extremely hard to manufacture.
  • The Charon in SS is brushed Zinc. Stainless is the color, Zinc is the material.
  • No plans for a DNA/Yihi chip. The goal for now is to keep prices low and maintain a Smoant level of quality control. The best way of doing this at the moment is using our own chip.
  • Be on the lookout for another single battery device but it is still a ways off.
  • No ArcticFox for Smoant, at least not on our side, but I have suggested that the developers look at it and maybe get ideas.
  • Last but not least, the battery cutoff. I am working on this and I promise to pursue it on behalf of the Reddit community. I cant guarantee anything but I will give it everything I can to see if we can make some improvements here.
Well I think that covers most of it. Thank you again Reddit for your love and support!

~Bear

FWIW i tested low voltage cutoff at 3.38 per battery) and idle drain (only when on with an atomizer attached) at .04V total per day ( or .02 volts per battery)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sooooo stab wood Battlestar, anyone?
8da86d1dc534848ad3d1003e88595d96.jpg

http://hotecig.com/Product/Authenti...mited-Edition200W-TC-VW-APV-Box-Modwood-47196

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn dude! That looks way better than most, actually looks like wood and is a lot more affordable than most stabs

My only issue with it is that, like everything made of stab wood or resin coming out of China, you can't pick a color. Wtf?! Especially if you're paying that much money.

Freaking drip tips are purchased to match other things! Who the hell wants to take a chance and buy five random ones hoping they might get one that matches?!

Okay, sorry I got a bit ranty there.

ScottBroChill

Member For 4 Years
My only issue with it is that, like everything made of stab wood or resin coming out of China, you can't pick a color. Wtf?! Especially if you're paying that much money.

Freaking drip tips are purchased to match other things! Who the hell wants to take a chance and buy five random ones hoping they might get one that matches?!

I totally hear you, especially when you're dropping that kind of money. I guess I never thought about it because I'm far from being in the market for that but they should at least give you some wood/color options or some kinda customization for that since it is such an expensive mod compared to the functionality.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I totally hear you, especially when you're dropping that kind of money. I guess I never thought about it because I'm far from being in the market for that but they should at least give you some wood/color options or some kinda customization for that since it is such an expensive mod compared to the functionality.

It's like you have to pay $300 to have a choice of color. Stupid.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

I can't remember which mod, but there was 1 that did let you pick the "dominant" color of the wood

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't remember which mod, but there was 1 that did let you pick the "dominant" color of the wood
Now that's all I ask! The problem, I think, is that the companies that are making these mods would rather not deal with complaints about colors on top of other complaints. It's probably MUCH easier to just go with random.

ScottBroChill

Member For 4 Years
I'm assuming for a smaller company like smoant who wants to keep the price low, they don't have the liberty of having a lot produced or being able to make custom batches for people. Instead they make like a few hundred or less at a discounted production cost and are just able to sell them off and some colors are probably less wanted than others so they have to sell them randomly in order to make their money back. That way they don't have like 20 of an unpopular color sitting in storage, taking up space, and not making their money back from them. It sucks, but its understandable.

VU Sponsors