Become a Patron!

New Tank from Uwell

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
(Emphasis added)

Less than half, in my view.

My wife and I were at one of the local tobacco/vape stores and I just happened to see these (stainless, white and black, I think) under the glass and the black one caught my eye. Asked about it. Read up on it. Went back several days later and bought it. The thing has performed flawlessly for me, with both max VG and 50/50. Doesn't take a metric butt-load of power or juice to produce nice flavour and density. Tobeco's coils are about 2/3 the cost of The Other Guys' coils.

I like RTAs and RDAs, but I gotta say: This tank is one of my best vape purchases. Only down-side: The drip tip being integral with the top, so you can't use the one of your choosing. Not a big deal, to me, but it might be for others.
As I think the height of the device is one of it's greatest strengths, I wouldn't use it. But if someone does consider it a negative there is this option...
https://ecig-city.com/shop/mini-super-tank-510-adapter-tobeco-mini-super-tank/

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
yeah but the maganus is WAY under rated too IMHO, its pretty much what the crown copied

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah but the maganus is WAY under rated too IMHO, its pretty much what the crown copied

Really? If I recall correctly, the original Magnus was basically a freemax Starre tank, correct? I'm looking at my Starre and Crown right now and they don't seem all that similar.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Very true... Kanger and Aspire received their sub ohm tank market share for two reasons. Name recognition and bundling the tanks with mods. Unfortunately with out both of these assets working for them, other sub ohm tanks that deserved far more attention, didn't get it. There were two tanks that we carried during last year that should have been far more popular than they were globally.

The first one was the iJoy Acme Vape Tank. It was a perfect substitute for people that were happy with the performance of the Kanger Subtank or Aspire Atlantis. Basically the new Joyetech Cubis is a redesign of this iJoy tank that makes it top fill. They still have a very loyal following in our stores but you just don't hear about them anywhere else. And until the Asolo thread on here I am pretty sure not more than a hand full of Vaping Underground members had even heard of iJoy. This tank came out early and solved so many common issues that people still have with sub tanks but never took off. Stupid name from an unknown manufacturer and never bundled.

The second was the Gigue Aeolus Mini. Top fill with a .4 ohm factory SS coil and a cooling fan in the top cap. They work perfectly with TC mods or in power mode. The coils break in, in seconds not hours or days like some complain about with the Crown coils. For most of our customers it was the Crown killer. I don't hear anyone talking about it anywhere however and Gigue is already introducing a new tank most likely due to lack of sales. But these out sell the Crown, Herakles Plus, Smok TFV4 and Arctic V8 head to head in our stores. It isn't even close. We haven't seen a sub ohm tank sell this well since the Kanger Subtank and Aspire Atlantis were both brand new and the only options.

Honorable mention goes to the Tobeco Super Tank Mini. It receives half of the attention it deserves. I am bringing it up mostly for reference. Tobeco just introduced the Super Tank Turbo and is advertising it as the first tank to use a cooling fan. Which it isn't. But name recognition just might make it the next big thing and give them credit that they don't deserve. If they were to bundle it with a good mod, it most likely would.

We have a local shop stocking and promoting the ZPal Coral Tank of all things. Looks like a more precisely machined alternative to the TFV4, and coils are supposed to be interchangeable between the 2 tanks. I ordered a pack of Coral coils online for my TFV4, 5 of the large dual coils, for $10. I don't know if it will have an RBA, or if the SMOK Tech RBA's will fit. They tried some oddballs like the Komodo, Sking, etc. without much success, and they will not carry the Arctic V8 because several of their customers are still bummed about the Turbo. It is nice to see efforts beyond the typical lineup.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A clone is a copy. Other than that, tanks are tanks. Some one might be the first with a feature, but it's pretty hard to claim one tank is original over others. You could just as easily say your favorite is just a copy of the first coil with a reservoir.

They all have coils, wicks and tanks. After that, all that matters is, is it made well and does it perform well.

In this thread nobody claimed the Crown was unique. It's well made and performs well. It has some good features, and it performs good with increased out put. I have other tanks with other features that can out produce it. I've yet to get a tank that does everything I want and is 100% perfect. The Crown has the most for me. If Uwell improved it and some added a couple features, then great. I don't know if it will be a big enough improvement for me to buy one, but others will. Right now, I'm still waiting on the perfect RTA. Hopefully Uwell will copy someone and include the features I want soon. I would love to try it out.

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
makes me think, is Crown going to come out with 75 different coils for the new Rafale or the orginal Crown and offer, tiger wire, twisted, clapton, octoplet style like the new arctic V8 coils. Because if CRown did come out with more coil options they def would sell, but who knows of the quality would drop adding all the new coils. its def going to be a interesting hear to see what comes out next. Will ceramic be the next best thing, i dont know but, soon someone is going to open a subtank museum and that would be histerical now would it. Just kiddin, but you get my drift right. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Didn't Aspire try the ceramic thing and it ended up going down people throats and messing them up (happened to me once, coughed like crazy for the rest of the day). Seen the "ceramic is the future" thing a few times, but I thought that failed, is there something I'm missing?

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I received our first order of Crowns on May 14th, 2015... and I don't think we were the first shop around to get them.
Right. The first video I watched for the Crown here was posted on May 7th (8 months ago). I remember waiting a couple months for the black version before getting one (over 4 months ago). It's not too early for a sequel.

Really interested in trying the Rafale vertical RBA. If it works well I'll go all in.
uwell-3_zpsnfc3lmqc.jpg

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Right. The first video I watched for the Crown here was posted on May 7th (8 months ago). I remember waiting a couple months for the black version before getting one (over 4 months ago). It's not too early for a sequel.

Really interested in trying the Rafale vertical RBA. If it works well I'll go all in.
uwell-3_zpsnfc3lmqc.jpg

ok an rba that can be rebuilt like the premades- now that is interesting

the ceramic thing is what the maganus and starres are doil right now. ive been using the maganus coil - not bad at all

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok an rba that can be rebuilt like the premades- now that is interesting

the ceramic thing is what the maganus and starres are doil right now. ive been using the maganus coil - not bad at all

I'm staying away from ceramic coils until we get a better idea about their safety. They may be safe, but so far cotton hasn't let me down. Besides, RTAs have been on a roll lately. They were the only kind of tanks I used for more than a year. Now that they're putting out nice single coil RTAs that have very open airflow and top fill, it might be time to give them another shot. :D

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
the wicks are cotton on the maganus/starre ceramic coils

THE COIL ITSELF is made from ceramic instead of wire

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i recently watched GrimmGreens recent Vlog on his youtube channel, And he was talking about the Vapresso target 75 kit with ceramic coil, and he said he was contacted by large vendor (he didnt want to mention the vendors name) but they told him to stop vaping the vapresso target because there was some test that was done on their ceramic coil and i guess they want people to hold off on vaping that ceramic coil from vapresson untill these test results are released. I havnt vaped ceramic but who knows maybe vendors are trying to scare people with scare tactics to compete, its getting crazy with this stuff i tell ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i recently watched GrimmGreens recent Vlog on his youtube channel, And he was talking about the Vapresso target 75 kit with ceramic coil, and he said he was contacted by large vendor (he didnt want to mention the vendors name) but they told him to stop vaping the vapresso target because there was some test that was done on their ceramic coil and i guess they want people to hold off on vaping that ceramic coil from vapresson untill these test results are released. I havnt vaped ceramic but who knows maybe vendors are trying to scare people with scare tactics to compete, its getting crazy with this stuff i tell ya

I had to spend some time looking for that but I found it. It's here if anybody wants to see GrimmGreen talk about it. Thanks for telling us about it Phil. Again, I'll wait for more info about these ceramic coils before switching from SS and cotton.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if we could use a different drip tip on this..the girl looks good, lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well then.

So many ... concerns. That anti-spitback channelling in the chimney looks like it closes down a bit... can't be very noticeable, I'm assuming, what with the airflow control being able to go full open and all - think it'll affect flavor? Probably not. Non-replaceable drip tips that function as the top-fill open and close mechanism? I'll admit, the Vertical RBA section sounds fun, what with the ... vertical... and all. Of course, new coilheads - so my Crown and it's coils would go sitting around... I dunno.

I think I'll wait til it comes in black, heh. Naw, I want to hear some testimonials, wait to see how it stacks up amongst users of the forum instead of that "zOMG AUTOPURCHASE" stance I had a few weeks back. Thanks for sharing that @Ben-Rod , much appreciated.

SOC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like it. That's the easiest top fill I've seen yet. I'll take burley's place on the "zOMG AUTOPURCHASE" couch LOL

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
the crius is a bad idea all together with side fill
1. if your wickining isnt quite rand you close the side fill and push air pressure on the juice causing a mass leak out the afc
2. if you bottle stip is too big it dont fit in the hole so you end up missing and having a mess
3 if you squeeze your bottle with max vg too fast, the side fill hole cant keep up and it spills out
4. you have to tilt the tank on i ts side if your bottle is next to empty so you can get the juice out of the bottle and into the tip

Now even though Im complaining its not bad once you get the hang of it. but a straigh top fill like the crown is the best ive used. and while i prefer teh crius side fill over removing my tank for bottom fill, bottom fill is less messy and easier to deal with

munchichee

Member For 5 Years
Well it's posted on the deals blog for $27 from Angelcigs US warehouse. Anyone seen a US vendor with replacement coils? I was about to order another crown today, and might just stick with that.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Mattp169 re- filling the crius, It's not so bad if you have a needle-point tip and kind of jam it down the side of the fill hole, you can squeeze max vg without it making a mess and backing up - just kinda pushes it all in. I've gotten lazy with it. But glass drippers? PITA.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well it's posted on the deals blog for $27 from Angelcigs US warehouse. Anyone seen a US vendor with replacement coils? I was about to order another crown today, and might just stick with that.
I looked at too, it seems like it is going to ship out of us warehouse 1/31 but is in stock in china now. Not sure just to wait a bit before it can be had here?

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I asked if we could use our own drip tips with the Rafale and this is what they said:
yeah it's part of the refill system, it's threaded so when you turn it the fill hole cover drops down and when you turn it the other way it moves back up to shut off the fill ports. Plus the atomiser is 24mm so won't fit flush on 22mm base plates and if you have something like the wismec reuleaux it won't sit in the indented part around the 510.

It's nice that they went with a slightly larger tank. RBAs on 22mm tanks can be restrictive to build on. Hopefully more RTAs will come out in slightly larger sizes. That said, not being able to use a delrin or glass drip tip is a big deal for me. I haven't used a metal DT in over a year. If I could throw one of those super short heat insulator tips on top of the fixed one it would be fine.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I asked if we could use our own drip tips with the Rafale and this is what they said:

It's nice that they went with a slightly larger tank. RBAs on 22mm tanks can be restrictive to build on. Hopefully more RTAs will come out in slightly larger sizes. That said, not being able to use a delrin or glass drip tip is a big deal for me. I haven't used a metal DT in over a year. If I could throw one of those super short heat insulator tips on top of the fixed one it would be fine.
Can you still use it on the rx though? Having three of them I sure hope so!

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Can you still use it on the rx though? Having three of them I sure hope so!

of course you should be able to...the subtank plus is 25 mm and sits fine and makes solid contact with the 510 pin, so i would expect no less from this tank...the drip tip is the deal breaker for me though...

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@BPROSEK Yep. it'll work just fine. Valkyrie's never lie.
It will hang over the sides of 22mm mods but it should still make connection. The RX200 and lots of other mods are way larger than 22mm. The Cuboid is 28mm wide. Room for growth.

zeev

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I decided to jump and buy the Rafale with the rba kit.
put an SS clapton coil and after about 7 times of trial and error i got it to work the way i like.
so i can tell you few things about it.
really nice tank, very well made.
a bit annoying top fill but will work nice if you have a thin unicorn top bottle.
it has a nice flavor but the Griffin with dual ss fused clapton is way way better vapor and flavor wise.
air flow is fantastic.
the so called "condom" for the drip tip is giving a terrible taste so i don't really use it.
the rba wicking is tricky but not that hard once you get the idea.
sits and works great on the reuleaux dna 200.
i do get juice into my mouth some times but i just exhale and then inhale so then it solves the problem.
but im sure i'll get it better in my next wicking... i hope.
over all a nice tank but i will need more time with it to see its real performance and i didnt use the pre built coils yet.
lets see how the Wotofo serpent will be in comparison (flavor wise) once i get it.

UPDATE: the "condom" bad taste is starting to diminish and is actually get rid of some of the liquid condensation that gets in the mouth.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors