Become a Patron!

New to cloud chasing, need advice

CloudsOnClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I just bought an innokin itaste 134 and so far I love it. Works awesome, and it produces good smoke stock. But I'm looking to get more cloud out of it. I've read up and seen some things about RDAs and I've watched a million tutorials. But I can't find anything specific to this model to help me at all. If anyone could give me some different possible paths to get a better cloud, that would be awesome.

It's a variable wattage that goes up to 12.5 and it's got an 18650 battery. If you need any other specific info, let me know.

CloudsOnClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I just found a tutorial on the breathing part and it helped tremendously. But I'm looking for some mods to add to make it even thicker

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kind of tank are you using?
I hear the Kanger Pro Tank 2 is awesome on this device.

CloudsOnClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right now it's just a basic kanger tank. Nothing special.

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you wanting more density in your clouds? Hard to do with what you got but if you aren't using max VG juice get a bottle.

CloudsOnClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Absolutely. I'm already looking into 100% vg juice but I want some new stuff for my build

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ah OK I see. Well so your mod only goes to 12.5 watts? I'm not familiar with the itaste stuff. I'm a mech mod RDA guy.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Monster V2 by 528 Custom Vapes...

5de7ddc915e743e9eae5347d70ee06f1.jpg

3b7ccb4b8de42e55ee5eff359d01f917.jpg

Look it up, its worth it!!!

CloudsOnClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vapor IQ: on a normal build you have to do math with you resistance an voltage to get your desired output. Now, I can put any resistance tank on and it automatically adjusts the voltage for a consistent output. The itaste has one of the most advanced microprocessors on the market for ecigs.

AstroTurf: how can I figure out if this will fit my mod?

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its a normal 510 connection, 22 mm Kayfun.

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vapor IQ: on a normal build you have to do math with you resistance an voltage to get your desired output. Now, I can put any resistance tank on and it automatically adjusts the voltage for a consistent output. The itaste has one of the most advanced microprocessors on the market for ecigs.

AstroTurf: how can I figure out if this will fit my mod?
Right I understand that I just don't know the wattage on your mod. I have a istick 30 for my Kanger Submini I run it at 25 watts and it makes great clouds Message_1433078053239.jpg

CloudsOnClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
AstroTurf: I think I'll end up going to my local vape shop tomorrow and asking about RDAs that fit my model and look at my options.

VaporIQ: yeah mine only does 12.5 watts. Is it even worth trying to make big clouds with only half the power....?

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not sure since I've never went below 20w. Definitely talk to your local vapor shop. They will be able to help you.

My wife has the same problem. She can only go 12w. She's going to start sub ohming soon and I will be giving her my istick 30w and she is buying me an IPV4.

CloudsOnClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm still new to this. What exactly is subohming? I've seen it around but I'm not sure what it is.

Is her 12w able to put out any kind of clouds?

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No she doesn't make much of a cloud. When she tried my Kanger Submini tank she wants to sub ohm now. She loves the amount of vapor and flavor she got vs her set up.

You have to use lower ohm coils to get more wattage/voltage to make more heat. More heat means more vapor you can produce.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi @CloudsOnClouds - welcome to VU!

Check out my thread on cloud-chasing for noobs:

http://www.vapingunderground.com/th...-sick-clouds-bro-thread-sticky-edition.78126/

The sad reality is that the iTazte 134 is kind of old tech - you're going to need a variable-wattage mod that goes to at least 30, preferably 50 watts or more, and a new-generation sub-ohm (the coil resistance is measured at 1.0 ohm or less) tank or an RDA built in the sub-ohm range to seriously chase clouds. 12.5 watts just isn't going to power the devices that deliver the big plumes.

Read the linked thread, do a little research on devices, and update this thread once you've found a few items you're considering - you'll get better quality comments asking about some specific devices as compared to throwing a general question out there as to what to use...

CloudsOnClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you! Looks like I need to start trying to find a new mod :/ I have a POS halo e cig that's about to die. It's burning my juice in the tank. So I'll probably switch to the itaste as my daily and find a new mod for my toy build.

Is it even possible to find a 50 watt mod for under 100$? Or am I going to definitely be spending some serious cash to get any kind of cloud?

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah man mods aren't to expensive you should be straight. Keep us updated. Can't wait to see how happy you are when you finally get that cloud escaping your body.... And I mean your mouth not the other area :rolleyes:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really can't say I'm a fan of the iStick 50 - I have one and the buttons are rattly and cut out in the middle of firing, the threads at the 510 connection are rough, and there have been lots of reports of charging malfunctions from others, though mine luckily hasn't caught fire yet.

I'd give a strong look at the Kanger Subox - it's also 50 watts and comes with a Subtank mini for less than $60 from a handful of vendors, which works with both replaceable coils and has a section where you can start learning to build your own. The batteries are replaceable, so if you have a battery problem you don't have to scrap the mod. If you've already got 18650s rated for 20 amps or higher, you can use them, otherwise you can pick up a pair for less than $15 shipped.

CloudsOnClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only reason I don't like that is because I'd ditch the tank right away because I'm going for an RDA. When I'm at the vape shop Monday I'll talk to them about the Istick and see how they feel about it. For 40 bucks id imagine it has issues. I'm a beginner so it will be my first real build. I'd rather learn on something cheap that I can't burn out by setting it wrong.

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah just talk to your shop. I've personality never had a problem with my istick. Actually the best mod I have. I use it everyday and it holds charge very well. Everyone has there own experiences.

Let is know what you get Monday. I'm going to go ahead and pick up the ipv4 and a new RDA. Don't know which one yet.

CloudsOnClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will for sure! I haven't decided on an RDA yet but one of the guys at the local shop here is an actual cloud chasing athlete. I haven't met him yet but I'm really excited haha. I've heard his build can fill a fucking room haha. Someone showed me a video and he basically hot boxed his car in one hit.

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will for sure! I haven't decided on an RDA yet but one of the guys at the local shop here is an actual cloud chasing athlete. I haven't met him yet but I'm really excited haha. I've heard his build can fill a fucking room haha. Someone showed me a video and he basically hot boxed his car in one hit.
Find out what RDA and mod he uses! I like to learn what other chasers use.

CloudsOnClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I doubt I can afford his RDA haha. I've met a few other cloud chasers and they use some pretty expensive ones.

I did just find out that one of my female coworkers is a huge vape fan. We've never been able to find a common thing between us and we've never really "bonded" the way I have with my other coworkers. But I founded out today she's got some crazy sick set ups. She showed me her mech mod with a dual coil RDA and she's also got an innokin Itaste MVP. She blows some pretty nice clouds but she doesn't quite have the inhale Down. I can make thicker clouds off my 12.5 watt RTA setup lmao. But she is very knowledgeable on the set ups and I can't wait to explore our new friendship :D thank god for vapes.

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I want to know what he uses so I can buy it haha :D I collect vape stuff. I got RDAs and mech mods filling a shelf in my house. I'm just getting into box mods so only have a few. Plan on building my own woody box soon when I get back home.

CloudsOnClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll certainly ask for you!

This is also assuming he's there Monday.

CloudsOnClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haha I, too, do not posses the luck of the Irish, who happen to be my people.

With the misfortune of both of us combined, he'll probably die tomorrow before I even meet him :p

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haha I, too, do not posses the luck of the Irish, who happen to be my people.

With the misfortune of both of us combined, he'll probably die tomorrow before I even meet him :p
Or decided to quit vaping and become a monk that takes a vow of silence! (I think I'm probably won't though)

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Smoking is dead, vaping is the future, the future is now...

Rip Tripper

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get a small bottle of higher-nic juice in a flavor you already like, keep it in its own clearo (if you use them), bust it out when the cravings hit.

CloudsOnClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh Dave you already know me so well! I keep a halo ecig with a nic juice in it and my innokin is just my play toy for clouds. When I get the Istick Monday, if that's what I choose, the Itaste will bece the nic stick and the Istick will become the new toy.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh Dave you already know me so well! I keep a halo ecig with a nic juice in it and my innokin is just my play toy for clouds. When I get the Istick Monday, if that's what I choose, the Itaste will bece the nic stick and the Istick will become the new toy.
I dropped a 15-year habit with simple eGo batteries (not even eGo twists!). It can be done, but you've got to find tricks to get through the first few weeks. If you can go 3-4 weeks without a cig and you're successful replacing your nic with vaping, cigs will taste like musty burnt bunghole.

I spent 3 weeks tapering down, then finally quit completely almost exactly 2 years ago. On July 4 I bummed a smoke off a buddy, got about 1/3 of the way through it, snubbed it out and reached for my vape instead...you'll get there, and then you'll try a cig "for old times' sake" - how you react will let you know how the vape thing is working out. Regardless, don't be discouraged - count the ones you don't smoke, not the ones you do.

CloudsOnClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the kind words! Already, after I smoke a cig, I hop straight to the ecig. I want my body to take the feeling of a cigarette and attribute it to the ecig. That way when I smoke an ecig, I'm feeling like I'm smoking a cig. I even keep a highe nic content so I get a bit of a throat hit like my American spirits.

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dave that's very similar to his I quit. I was a 2 pack a day smoker.

CloudsOnClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
2 packs?! Jesus man... I literally could afford 2 packs of Americans a day haha. That would cost me over 100$ a week. I could easily smoke a whole pack on one day if I wanted to, but I don't think I could do two haha.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2 packs?! Jesus man... I literally could afford 2 packs of Americans a day haha. That would cost me over 100$ a week. I could easily smoke a whole pack on one day if I wanted to, but I don't think I could do two haha.
I was rarely over a pack, most days 10-15 cigs. And it helped (or didn't) that my neighbor worked for RJ Reynolds as a promoter but quit smoking when she was getting her body ready to get pregnant - she used to give us a couple cartons a month of American Spirits or Camels, though I was always a Marlboro man...she moved away and 4 cartons a month for me and the wife, even at only $250 or so, began to get a little costly...

CloudsOnClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah man I feel that. I pay 8$ a pack for my Americans. But I love them because they are the longest lasting.

Funny thing is, I was a heavy dipper. Then I started smoking occasionally. Then I quit dip, and now I smoke a half a pack a day. Funny how it works out.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did 100s because I wanted to smoke longer...the Americans did the same thing for me in a shorty, I just found the charcoal filters weird...

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yup I smoked a lot. I never felt satisfied with one so I always smoked 2 at a time.
Even more if I was stressed. So glad I quit!

CloudsOnClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah the charcoal filters a re different.

And onunch break at work I've got 30 mins and usually kill two sticks haha

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would smoke 3-4 cigs in a 15 break:eek:

CloudsOnClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haha I don't think it's possible to do that with an American spirit. Those things tAke me like ten minutes.

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've never smoked those...and never will! Woohoo IQ for the win!:p

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
http://m.gearbest.com/electronic-cigarettes/pp_154194.html
I've been having a good experience with the smowell dpv-50. Replaceable battery, small and compact 50w device. It's nice. I nabbed it when it was like $26. Took two weeks to get to me though. Fasttech also has it for the same price ($31) choose e-packet for shipping and you should get it in roughly the same time frame. With internal battery's once the battery stops holding a charge you have a paper weight. Also the I stick has been having some "fire" issues lately and I no longer recommend it.
Take a look at the deal sites can always catch a deal on some good gear.
Vaporjoes.com
Vape.deals
Vapingcheap.com

VU Sponsors