CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Want more than 50w?
The ipv mini 2 can be had for around $70 70w single 18650.
Or the Sigelei 100w Plus (don't recommend the regular version) can be had for like $75 now.
Kbox mini with a subtank can be had for like $40 that's 50w although idk how that preforms

CloudsOnClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll look into those! My buddy who had the 20% coupon came down sick tonight so we aren't going tomorrow now.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kbox is actually only a 40w, and its only settings are 7/13/20/25/30/35/40 - not as easily adjustable for a new vaper who might want to toy around in between. If you're going all the way to a Sig 100+. for a couple bucks more you can get the 150 - like $80 at FT. My first-gen 100 has been rock solid, though I've heard of others having 510 pin issues...at this point it's mostly just old tech when you can get the latest model for $5 more.

CloudsOnClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My friend has a sig 100 and she does have pin issues :/ she complains constantly haha.

But it's one of those things that with most units, after a few years, half the people have issues and half the people don't. It just seems like a toss up to me. And if I want an RDA too, 50$ is about my max for a new mod right now.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Kbox is actually only a 40w, and its only settings are 7/13/20/25/30/35/40 - not as easily adjustable for a new vaper who might want to toy around in between. If you're going all the way to a Sig 100+. for a couple bucks more you can get the 150 - like $80 at FT. My first-gen 100 has been rock solid, though I've heard of others having 510 pin issues...at this point it's mostly just old tech when you can get the latest model for $5 more.
Ok whatever kanger is calling their 50w box with the led screen and seems to be sold with the subtank. Not their original 40w device

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Subox - not the easiest of names, but it looks like a solid device.
Yes that's it! Sorry didn't mean to cause confusion! The kbox is not what I recommend, I dislike the wattage "step" method they used. The subox can be fine tuned to your desired wattage. The kbox has set wattage settings you can flip through.

Edit: the kbox has 7 wattage increments, 8w, 13w, 20w, 25w, 30w, 35w,and 40w. No in between.

Last edited:

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also, while I do recommend the smowell 50w (single 18650) they also offer a dual 18650 65w model for like $8 more than the 50w. It is basically the same device just 15 more watts and better battery life since it's dual. The back of it is wider to support the dual batts, http://m.gearbest.com/electronic-cigarettes/pp_174262.html
The height is comparable to the hybrid style mech like the 4nine

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to hear the reccomendation for the Smowell - I've been kind of at a loss suggestion-wise since all the iStick problems started popping up and the one I bought turned out to be crap...also the few extra watts and dual battery capacity are nice features in a mid-level mod.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good to hear the reccomendation for the Smowell - I've been kind of at a loss suggestion-wise since all the iStick problems started popping up and the one I bought turned out to be crap...also the few extra watts and dual battery capacity are nice features in a mid-level mod.
The istick was crap or the smowell? Im really liking the single 18650 50w smowell! I have a Sigelei 100w Plus and that's my work horse. My 50w smowell is very small and compact and goes out and about with me or has my Derringer on it at home. It's a nice little device.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes I cannot recommend an istick due to the issues, some potentially very dangerous... Also, stay away from cloupor devices! They are proven liars (100w mod that actually only does 50w, tops) and some of their products are dangerous as well

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The istick was crap or the smowell? Im really liking the single 18650 50w smowell! I have a Sigelei 100w Plus and that's my work horse. My 50w smowell is very small and compact and goes out and about with me or has my Derringer on it at home. It's a nice little device.
No, iStick is junk...I've been somewhat eyeing a Smowell as a tanked out/about rig, plus looking for good devices to recommend when I get the "what should I buy" question and I want to give an answer besides the Subox (untested), iStick (tested, failed), and Sig 30 (lots of people just want more than 30 watts)...

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, iStick is junk...I've been somewhat eyeing a Smowell as a tanked out/about rig, plus looking for good devices to recommend when I get the "what should I buy" question and I want to give an answer besides the Subox (untested), iStick (tested, failed), and Sig 30 (lots of people just want more than 30 watts)...
For $31 it's a steal! It was like $26 when I got it, couldn't pass up the deal!

VU Sponsors