Become a Patron!

Next Generation MTL tanks Part 2

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@CDroverNL put the Hurricane coil in the Magma and try a simple coil in the Hurricane at first. This way you'll have an idea of what it can do, then try other builds in it.
Start with simple, go to twisted, then claptons.
That's exactly what I was thinking...lol.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

F

fckaugust8th

Guys, I gotta tell ya, I'm liking the Bach nano with dual coils:idea:just make sure you're using thin wires (28g or thinner) or they will not fit.

F

fckaugust8th

Quick recap of tanks I really like and use in daily rotation: Hurricane with SS wire fused clapton, kabuki clone with nautilus rba deck- keep in mind you'll have to change the glass with a zephyrus to make up for the added height, K mini V3 (more of a back-up) Alleria (flavorful DL dual coil), Boreas (huge clouds and good flavor DL) Merlin -single coil, limping along while waiting for the replacement, Bachelor nano-dual coil in a single coil rta:facepalm:

F

fckaugust8th

Hey, where is @snake94115 ?is he hiding in the grass?.....at least I think this is the snake I'm thinking of.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 52999 I found a new mod stand for ******* :teehee:
geeeeeeeeeezzzzz you had to go beetle juice it huh???
hungover_zpsaalsus3x.gif

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just don't see how you guys are MTL with some of those super duper fancy coils. Vapers are so inventive, though!

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just don't see how you guys are MTL with some of those super duper fancy coils. Vapers are so inventive, though!
I had to take the fused clapton out of the hurricane. It was too much. Dual fused claptons in the GMini tho was nice! I just put a 2*28g SS twist in the hurricane and it's good so far but it's still breaking in.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Brewbear Do you torch your ss before building with it? I did with the twisted wire and some black particles came off of it while I was wicking it.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey, brew, let's see that vertical coil in Bachelor again. The last thread got removed before most people could see it.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll be seeking reviews on this one.
SJMY Kayfun V5 Style RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - Silver, 316 Stainless Steel, 4ml, 22mm Diameter
It looks like it could be a easy MTL tank.

Please and thank you experts for assistance.

F

fckaugust8th

SJMY Kayfun V5 Style RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - Silver, 316 Stainless Steel, 4ml, 22mm Diameter
To my eyes, it looks like a larger version of the Kayfun mini v3. But, then again, my eyes aren't as good as they once were, so I might be wrong!

F

fckaugust8th

Hey, brew, let's see that vertical coil in Bachelor again. The last thread got removed before most people could see it.
Yah, too bad it got lost, I'll try to post something much later this evening, I'm at work:cry:

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
To my eyes, it looks like a larger version of the Kayfun mini v3. But, then again, my eyes aren't as good as they once were, so I might be wrong!
It will be another week before they will be available. I think I'm going to keep my eye out on this one. I just need a simple single coil build over 1.5 ohms and I'm good. No leaks and air flow control and I'll be happy (I think).

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I received my Aspire Nautilus X tank today. It was easy to set up. (Way better than the triton mini). I loaded it up with some diy tobacco eiliquid 50/50. The flavor is just a touch better than the regular Aspire Nautilus (large tank). The 1.5 ohm coils are a bit warm and I find 14-16 watts with this set up acceptable for light mouth to lung hits.

I find it easy to fill and that is very important for me due to some restrictions I have. I do hope they come out with better coils such as the clapton coils. I'll play with this for a few weeks and give a final thought if I'm going to use it/shelve it/or wait for new coils to exist.

Edit: I'll probably play with the watts and different liquids as well.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I received my Aspire Nautilus X tank today. It was easy to set up. (Way better than the triton mini). I loaded it up with some diy tobacco eiliquid 50/50. The flavor is just a touch better than the regular Aspire Nautilus (large tank). The 1.5 ohm coils are a bit warm and I find 14-16 watts with this set up acceptable for light mouth to lung hits.

I find it easy to fill and that is very important for me due to some restrictions I have. I do hope they come out with better coils such as the clapton coils. I'll play with this for a few weeks and give a final thought if I'm going to use it/shelve it/or wait for new coils to exist.

Edit: I'll probably play with the watts and different liquids as well.
I was looking at that one too, was waiting for someone to test it out, Thanks for the info:)

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you guys come across any good shops to get coils from for the Nauti X? All I could find the other day were 20-25$ a pack... that's a bit steep but I guess that's the price for these new fandangled u-turn coils.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't see any coils available at Origin vapes where I bought the X tank on sale.I'm thinking they are so new that it may take another week or so for coils to be readily available. I have two that will keep me busy for a while. If they are 20 bucks a pack I'll be shelving this unit ASAP.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was looking at that one too, was waiting for someone to test it out, Thanks for the info:)
Right now I still like the regular Nautilus with the triton mini clapton coil (1.8) better. I'll play for a few weeks hoping they come out with some new coils. I'll probably use this tank because it's easy to set up. However, first impression day it's just a tad/bit better in flavor than the old school Naughtys.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
vape history... I know this was in another thread... but it is a staple of my mtl stable.
4FAD21B9-4472-45AF-BA54-4CDF62691A21_zpscamgd2ua.jpg

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I take back my coil price comment.

I just did a quick search again and it looks like the price is starting to even out. Found them anywhere from 12-20USD per pack.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, where is @snake94115 ?is he hiding in the grass?.....at least I think this is the snake I'm thinking of.
Hey...Bear.
Quote of the day...(I'm not a psychopath,I'm a high functioning psychopath!)

EDIT: AS I'VE MENTIONED IN THE PAST IF I'M NOT HERE IT'S BECAUSE I'M USUALLY PLAYING (DIABLO 3)...ALTHOUGH I'VE MOSTLY BEEN CAUSING HAVOC IN (OVERWATCH) LATELY.

Last edited:

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
vape history... I know this was in another thread... but it is a staple of my mtl stable.
4FAD21B9-4472-45AF-BA54-4CDF62691A21_zpscamgd2ua.jpg
I kno the far right is a hurricane. What r thw rest?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Every time I see that, I love looking at the drone!!!!!!!! Nice pic Bird!!
thank you!
the plan is still to build a mini airforce.
I kno the far right is a hurricane. What r thw rest?

its a vaporshark dna200/hurricane
provari 2.5/kfl
provari p3/kf4
provari Procyon/kf5
- I don't use the provari mods really, just used that for pic purposes since when I started that was the "pair to have" and I thought the lineage was kind of cool. normally I'm using a dna mod or a mechanical

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Me thinks @Ellipsis has the K5, maybe he'll jump in and tell us about it
cant tell you all that much about the kayfun v5...
the last kayfun i owned was a 3.1...left it at a craps table on a cruise ship and someone ended up with a nice tank and battery mod...
but here goes...
machining, fit and finish are top shelf...
lube every o ring really well or you fight the thing...
build deck is really nice with the larger deck, larger screw heads and the kanger -esk wire trap...
the liquid flow control works well (1 full turn for 50/50 2 full turns for 30/70 2 and 1/4 turns for 20/80 and have had no issues with wicking)
going from cool/cold to warm/hot environments, close liquid flow control or you will be wearing your tank of eliquid...
very stable so far with titanium and stainless steel in temperature protect ( ive yet to lock resistance on the dna 200)
theres alot of glass exposed to clumsiness, be careful/ mindful...
1 pip air hole is equivalent to the lite plus with the screw flush with the base (my vape shop guy of 4 yrs did that comparison)...
2 pip air holes are like a subtank pluses(?) second airhole or the kabuki opened up half way...
3 & 4 pips air is resricted but very easy to direct lung, 4 pip is comparable to the theorums single airflow disc open 1/4 or just shy of 1/3 open...at least to me anyway...
easiest way to get a tight mtl is wrap some mesh from your gennny days around a 2mm rod and slip it into the larger air hole on the deck...
a small 2.5 or 3mm clapton is doable with this thing, but, be mindful the hotter you run the more heat will get to and cook your tanked eliquid...
dont know what else i can tell you...i like the damn thing...alot, and would recommend creme de vape as a place to order from ( 6 days from cart to mailbox)...$132 and change...
and the draw is silky smooth and whisper quiet...
thats all ive got folks
l hope this blurb from my vape point helps.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not normally a MTL guy but since getting the mini volt I've been interested in giving it a go. Really interested in the Nautilus X but have heard mixed reviews.

@Artemis, I'm interested in hearing your final verdict.

F

fckaugust8th

From what I see, people are asking FT for another MAP discount on the Merlin RTA. Now that I got wicking right (I hope) on the Merlin, it is a very rich and flavorful vape. I'm using a 2.5 mm 6 wraps dragon skin SS coil. Unfortunately the JC is not working in my tank and my way of increasing/decreasing juice flow by loosening or tightening the top assembly on the base combined with the iffy wick were causing the tank to get wet feet. If the MAP code becomes active, I'm getting another Merlin, this one black. The great news is that Subtank Supply is replacing the faulty tank. They truly are an exceptional shop with excellent customer service.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Looking at Vapecrawler last night, I saw that Origen had a really good price on the X coils, though they're out of them right now. They did also offer a 5% discount. VAPECRAWLERISTHEBESTPT2

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My $.02.

Taken from advice from the first thread.

Since I've been using it for about 5 months, I honestly recommend the eleaf GS-TANK as one of my more easy to use tanks.

For anyone looking for a very simple, easy to use mtl tank with relatively inexpensive coils.

I'm sure there are better tanks out there at this point but this is my go-to tank for work. I fill it up at the beginning of the day and it lasts until I get home. I carry a spare coil with me just in case but these goddamn coils last forever... I don't think I've burned a single one out yet, I just get board of flavour easily and swap the coil out. I toss the coil in an ounce of vodka and let it sit for awhile. Once it's dry I pop it in, fire it up and take about 10-20 mouth draws (don't inhale) and that pretty much clears out any left over bad taste from the last juice and good as new.
On that note...I'm glad I found this thread. Went looking for the old one to pop in with a thank you and it was gone.

@Huckleberried pointed me toward the GS tank a few weeks ago and it finally arrived (from Fast Tech) this week. Paired it with a Pico and I'm really pleased. It's the perfect tiny combo I was looking for, and the GS is great, so thanks Huckleberried. It really is a nice little vape.

F

fckaugust8th

@embee, for a small setup, if you got the Melo 3 mini tank with the Pico, try the original Triton 1.8 ohms coils.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@CDroverNL put the Hurricane coil in the Magma and try a simple coil in the Hurricane at first. This way you'll have an idea of what it can do, then try other builds in it.
Start with simple, go to twisted, then claptons.

This!

Put a simple 26 or 28 gauge build in the Hurri at above ohm (1.1 - 1.4) and it will perform fantastic. One of the best flavor attys I've ever had!

Last edited:

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This!

Put a simple 26 or 28 gauge build in the Hurri at above ohm (1.1 - 1.4) and it will perform fantastic. One of the best flavor attys I've every had!
I just finished putting a new ss 28g twisted in it...I'll try a simpler coil in it next time

VU Sponsors