Become a Patron!

Next Generation MTL tanks Part 2

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL, I'm with you there. $30 for the rba 5 pack to use only one, maybe two in a $25 tank....hmmm....that just doesn't make sense.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LOL, I'm with you there. $30 for the rba 5 pack to use only one, maybe two in a $25 tank....hmmm....that just doesn't make sense.
Two would be the most. You could have a build ready to go in the spare. UDs quality is usually pretty good so I can't see them expecting them to break. I don't know why they put them in 5 packs. Like you said, makes no sense.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to look around and see if I can get a single one from a retailer. I found the SS replacement cap as well as a SS 510 drip tip adapter for the Tobeco tank, I guess I'll spend another $10 for a $20 tank, providing the flavor is decent.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I couldn't stand the suspense any longer so I put a new set of coils in the Tobeco super mini rta. Pheeww, that's a hell of a long name. This set is 0.15 ohms. Wick is Scottish roll, very close to the Alleria''s 0.14 ohms. I used the same juice in both, identical settings one both mods in TC xXx mode. Before I get a mega buzz, they vape very close but in my opinion the Alleria is just a very tiny bit brighter vape. The citrus notes come out just a little more. All in all, the Tobeco is a good DL tank not destined for the box of unloved tanks. This is the rta version of the tank, I have no idea what the other versions are like but in view of the performance thus far, I ordered the 510 drip tip adapter and an extra top, in SS making this a $30 tank....Maybe if I had bought this before the Alleria, I would feel different, but I don't think so.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@f1r3b1rd, from the one written review I read, the Hurry Jr departed from MTL and is more of a DLish type of tank. We would appreciate your opinion if you get one. BTW, I think FT posted a Rose v3, I think it is a pre-order for now.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@f1r3b1rd, from the one written review I read, the Hurry Jr departed from MTL and is more of a DLish type of tank. We would appreciate your opinion if you get one. BTW, I think FT posted a Rose v3, I think it is a pre-order for now.
I second that. I watched a video review of it as well and he came to the same conclusion. I will however watch this one. I like his reviews and now that I can DL I may think about picking one up along with the other 30 things in my FT cart.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I saw it.. I came REALLY CLOSE to ordering that. - I was giving it a few days to see if sxk pops up with one.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I put a link for the Rose V3 on page 22. Definitely on my list.

Hurricane Jr. is a DL tank and no good for MTL according to every review I've read. Pity.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a full size Erl. clone in a box somewhere, never got it to stop leaking completely. About that time I moved on to K4 and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. I know better now.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a full size Erl. clone in a box somewhere, never got it to stop leaking completely. About that time I moved on to K4 and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. I know better now.

lol, "thick shoulders"

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I prefer the flavor of the mini for sure, full size is good but that tiny chimney... yum.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Knock Knock.
Who's there?
Yahghet.
Yahghet who?
Yahghet Crickets when you ask about the Cubis.

Crickets!
crickets.png

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry Snake, I missed that one. It seems like a decent tank from what I've been reading, but I don't think it is a MTL tank. I read good things about the Tobeco super mini aND I bought the rta version, there is a pre-made coils version also. Very nice flavor but not better than Alleria in my opinion. I'm sure someone will pop in and enlighten us....

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just received, SXK K5 shorty and Kv3 mini v1.5

Attachments

• 1471318260790655814412.jpg
    752.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 1471318366065453781058.jpg
    934.4 KB · Views: 18

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First impression, I like the Kv5 shorty. It seems the SXK versions have a slightly tighter draw and that makes it more of a MTL tank. I was so excited to try the SXK version of the K5, I didn't even wash the tank, good thing it was clean, but I will wash it after I finish the juice in it. I used a fused clapton 5 wraps, 3 mm ID, 30gx2/36g kanthal.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
First impression, I like the Kv5 shorty. It seems the SXK versions have a slightly tighter draw and that makes it more of a MTL tank. I was so excited to try the SXK version of the K5, I didn't even wash the tank, good thing it was clean, but I will wash it after I finish the juice in it. I used a fused clapton 5 wraps, 3 mm ID, 30gx2/36g kanthal.
the sxk does have about a 0.5mm narrower airflow under the coil than the tobeco and authentic

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It may be just me, but I feel the flavor is better from the SXK than the full size K5 (Tobeco and FT no-name versions ). I still prefer the Phenomenon lite for MTL, but this one is not too bad, considering the build deck size. The SXK, on 4 pips (afc open all the way) is a veeery loose mtl or a tight DL.

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been thinking of getting a Cubis Tank any feedback will be appreciated.

I have a Cubis and I actually like it fine with the 1.00 ohm coil. But, it isn't nearly as good as my Serpent Mini. Both seem to be a bit airy for MTL even when closed off.

Chris

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Chris, I had the feeling it would be too airy for MTL. My problem with closing down the air flow is the resulting warmth and diminished vapor. Some people are using the Alleria as an MTL tank, I think it's design lends it to DL.

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Chris, I had the feeling it would be too airy for MTL. My problem with closing down the air flow is the resulting warmth and diminished vapor. Some people are using the Alleria as an MTL tank, I think it's design lends it to DL.

BB, what coil and ohm rating are you using building your Phenomenon Lite?

Chris

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Cubis and I actually like it fine with the 1.00 ohm coil. But, it isn't nearly as good as my Serpent Mini. Both seem to be a bit airy for MTL even when closed off.

Chris
Very nice looking little tank.If only it weren't an RTA.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
kanthal 30gx2 wrapped in 36g, 2.0mm ID, 6 wraps in the Phenomenon. At 1.0 ohms, 16.9 watts. For a MTL tank, it is awesomeness

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy fuck balls was searching for a nice little tank when I literally stumbled upon this frigging thing.

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Innokin-iTaste-Hunter-Starter-Kit-p/ink-hun10.htm

INK-HUN10-2T.jpg

This just went to the top of my get it now list!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is a helluva nice mod. I'm saving money to buy the FSK chip and make my own box for it ,otherwise. ..... No, I'd rather buy another Slice and hope it is better assembled.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The innokin rba looks very much like the balrog /rosary rba. I'm afraid the triple air slots will be waaay too much air for MTL.
@TolmanTexas, I make my own claptons.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The innokin rba looks very much like the balrog /rosary rba. I'm afraid the triple air slots will be waaay too much air for MTL.
@TolmanTexas, I make my own claptons.
According to Tony of Vapor Trail Chanel it's a pretty tight draw in single coil.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@snake94115, that could be the case, but it is very subjective. Many people are fine with the K5 and Merlin draw for MTL while for me it was loose, especially the Merlin. The only K5 that is almost tight enough is the SXK Clone.

I didn't find any search thread funtion so I don't know if it's already mentioned but Bellus from UD is a good MTL RTA. It's essentially an improved version of the goblin mentioned in the first page, can build dual or single coil and has 16 holes per coil to adjust airflow, so you can set it for a real tight draw. Flavor is also very nice, I bought it like a week ago for 40 euro.

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
boooo, Canadapost delivered my kf v3 mini to some other chump two weeks ago. Thought it was weird that the v5 mini showed up after shipping two weeks later.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't find any search thread funtion so I don't know if it's already mentioned but Bellus from UD is a good MTL RTA. It's essentially an improved version of the goblin mentioned in the first page, can build dual or single coil and has 16 holes per coil to adjust airflow, so you can set it for a real tight draw. Flavor is also very nice, I bought it like a week ago for 40 euro.
Instant pass as it's an RTA.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No doubt I have a new love for my kafun 5 and 3 mini. However, I'm testing this one out because I'm on my last nautilus tank and I'm not going to purchase again. I have a aspire plato if I want a nautilus type vape. I'm trying to make better coils. LOL (wishful thinking)

The only thing I don't care for with this tank is the bottom is press fitted. I can see the o rings wearing out eventually on this. Of course, my opinion might change with excessive use. I already forgot to close the adjustable juice flow (need to do when refilling) and ended up with liquid on my unit. :) User error of course.
Update:this thing is vile. LOL no matter how many times I lift my 510 connectors on my mod this tank is almost useless.The 510 connector (the tank) is fixed. I really don't want to use a adapter just to use a simple tank. Looks like I might have to place in the box of shameful purchases/trades. I'm back using my plato and loving it. Luckily, I didn't pay for this and it was a trade. I might look at it again during the winter.

Tank is a kanger pangu.

Last edited:

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Update:this thing is vile. LOL no matter how many times I lift my 510 connectors on my mod this tank is almost useless.The 510 connector (the tank) is fixed. I really don't want to use a adapter just to use a simple tank. Looks like I might have to place in the box of shameful purchases/trades. I'm back using my plato and loving it. Luckily, I didn't pay for this and it was a trade. I might look at it again during the winter.

Tank is a kanger pangu.
I have this coming for my clearo collection. Found it and it uses the Ego One coils, so it can be used with the CLR coils.

http://www.wismec.com/product/amor/

VU Sponsors