Old Pharts Club

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Subject change.. but have you guys heard about this crazy robbery attempt that happened in Canada?​
https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/criminal-couples-harrowing-attempt-to-escape-convenienc-1827242416

been feeling mostly antisocial lately.. so I’ve been reading on the news..some sad, others weird, and most retarded..
Other notables are
Kids trapped 7 day’s in Thailand cave
Stuttering Dave’s convo with POTUS
Large crypto-drug bust in Europe
I saw that on the news. Hard to believe it was all over a can of Pepsi.

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I just got back from the circus - was fun. Not bad for a show willing to come out to the middle of nowhere

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It was quite warm working outside today.
Not here... more odd weather forecasts... the NWS said 0% chance of rain today. Kinda cool and overcast here. I told Lannie, "But those are clearly rain clouds." She repeated their forecast. Then it rained like hell -- HUGE fat raindrops pouring out of the sky. She checked the weather site again and they had changed it (after the fact) to say maybe 10% chance of light rain. Here, if the forecast doesn't exceed 20%, it ain't gonna happen, but I'd say that deluge was 100% chance of heavy rain. Big puddles in the driveway. I went out to close up the chicken coop so they didn't drown and by the time I got back, my coat was so soaked that the shirt under it was wet. What a bunch of dumb fucks! Sigh...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not here... more odd weather forecasts... the NWS said 0% chance of rain today. Kinda cool and overcast here. I told Lannie, "But those are clearly rain clouds." She repeated their forecast. Then it rained like hell -- HUGE fat raindrops pouring out of the sky. She checked the weather site again and they had changed it (after the fact) to say maybe 10% chance of light rain. Here, if the forecast doesn't exceed 20%, it ain't gonna happen, but I'd say that deluge was 100% chance of heavy rain. Big puddles in the driveway. I went out to close up the chicken coop so they didn't drown and by the time I got back, my coat was so soaked that the shirt under it was wet. What a bunch of dumb fucks! Sigh...
Perhaps you could ask the NWS if you could start forecasting the weather in yur neck-a-duh-woods?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Perhaps you could ask the NWS if you could start forecasting the weather in yur neck-a-duh-woods?
Actually, I did, about 10 years ago. They told me they were analyzing the need for more remote weather stations in this area (that's a powered radio-controlled unit that transmits temp, humidity, wind direction and speed to the central office) and, because of my past experience, I would be at the top of their list, assuming I was willing to have a remote unit installed on my property. I would also send them (via e-mail) cloud cover observations and any signs of severe weather, etc. I agreed. They never got back to me. Typical.

Last edited:

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Night everyone!
I'll be reading my first vape mag in bed..
8a62610f64c104586e6e1c6ec36c409b.jpg

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We got 1.2" of rain last night. So, we got more last night, than we did the 1st 6 months of this year. So much lightning, than I could see the flashes through the air conditioner vent. I fell asleep with the sounds of thunder, and woke in lots and lots of pain.
Still, I got laundry to do, and other miscellaneous yard work.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A fairly quiet Sunday.
Church duties for the wife too me up till close to 3 PM. then I went to wally World and Lowes for some shopping.
Had an old phart in line in front of me giving the cashier wet checks that were just jamming up her franking machine...
You are supposed to dry them after laundering them...
had to move to another line...
Got an electric Chainsaw at Lowes. Hope I don't have to choke it too much to get it started.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I only have 150 feet...:) two plug in types and one cordless limb saw (pole extends to 12 feet and bar is 8" ) - can be used for small cutting on the ground too, but the battery (40V) only lasts about 30-40 minutes and recharges in about 2 hours, but it also only cost $69 and, so far, works great.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A fairly quiet Sunday.
Church duties for the wife too me up till close to 3 PM. then I went to wally World and Lowes for some shopping.
Had an old phart in line in front of me giving the cashier wet checks that were just jamming up her franking machine...
You are supposed to dry them after laundering them...
had to move to another line...
Got an electric Chainsaw at Lowes. Hope I don't have to choke it too much to get it started.
I got one that comes with a pole to attach it to. Comes in handy for keeping rugrats off the lawn.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I only have 150 feet...:) two plug in types and one cordless limb saw (pole extends to 12 feet and bar is 8" ) - can be used for small cutting on the ground too, but the battery (40V) only lasts about 30-40 minutes and recharges in about 2 hours, but it also only cost $69 and, so far, works great.

Sounds like something I may need in the future - where did you get it?

VU Sponsors