Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah i am running late tonight, been trying to make this house warmer, we have 11 foot ceilings here which is nice in the summer but sucks in winter it's a comfy 65 in here right now.
Well, Sandi didn't say bye-bye yet and Lucy is lurking in the background, so maybe you won't be left all alone... in other words, I'm going to bed now. Yak at y'all tomorrow.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lannie mentioned this morning that it was ZERO degrees instead of the +6 ºF in the official NWS forecast. Well, it was actually -0.4 ºF here, which rounds to zero, but I am counting it as our first negative temperature for the season. The high temperature for the day was only +21 ºF. Wind has gotten steadily worse all day and it currently about 30 mph (9:00 PM) and the temp is +13 ºF, which makes for a wind chill of ---- old index, calculations before 2001, -27.93 ºF, but the new index, given the government doesn't want people to "feel so uncomfortable" is only -8.21 ºF. Regardless of all that gobbledygook, the stupid ass chickens danced on the extension cord that their water heater is plugged into, thereby unplugging the damn thing, so when we did evening chores, I found their entire water tank to be one big block of ice. Given that the wind is from the south, which is our least insulated house wall, it is only +66 ºF in the living room, so I guess we are now competing with @Jimi to see who will be coldest INSIDE the house this winter. Oh, wait, it is not even officially winter for about five more weeks. Damn. Wish I had some firewood. And some insulation. And a house in Tucson. And.... Oh well... get on with it. o_O
In time you kinda adjust to those temps and it' does suck but so does 95

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi Rich how was your day
Spent a couple hours stuffing herbs into capsules, then tried to fix the chickens' extension cord so they can't turn their water heater off again. Got up to 37 degrees for about three minutes today (mostly 33-35). Forecast for 10% chance of snow flurries... normally if the forecast for anything here isn't 30% or more, it simply ain't gonna happen, but snow did happen. Not "snow flurries," but snow pellets... about a zillion of the tiniest [almost microscopic] little white ball bearings. Never seen them so small before.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Spent a couple hours stuffing herbs into capsules, then tried to fix the chickens' extension cord so they can't turn their water heater off again. Got up to 37 degrees for about three minutes today (mostly 33-35). Forecast for 10% chance of snow flurries... normally if the forecast for anything here isn't 30% or more, it simply ain't gonna happen, but snow did happen. Not "snow flurries," but snow pellets... about a zillion of the tiniest [almost microscopic] little white ball bearings. Never seen them so small before.
Weird weather.....really strange.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I get to EC, hopefully I'll be out in the pacific trying to land a tuna

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like a blast my friend
My GF's brother said the marlin are biting like hell, which isn't anything new, but I don't like catching those beautiful fish, nor do I really like the taste of the meat. Small tuna is the way to go.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mostly crappie and walleye blue gill, which is my favorite. Pretty big bass in there too
Oh wow....love Walleye....and perch....but those damn Bluegill are really tasty too.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Must be some decent Trout fishing in Rich's neck of the woods?
Not that I know of. Maybe trout and bass in the reservoirs (70 miles from here). I haven't been fishing in about 25 years because I can't catch what I like to eat and I don't want to eat what I can catch. If it was a survival situation, maybe I would, but it ain't.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not that I know of. Maybe trout and bass in the reservoirs (70 miles from here). I haven't been fishing in about 25 years because I can't catch what I like to eat and I don't want to eat what I can catch. If it was a survival situation, maybe I would, but it ain't.
I never caught a fish without beer on my breath........

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh I really like Halibut too....haven't had any in a long time, been on a meat hiatus
I don't think I want to ever be meatless, but we have changed our meat habits. I used to be into steak and bake potatoes, but mostly what we eat is some form of chicken (a matter of budget?). I was watching a hamburger commercial on the boob tube the other day and, while I used to exist on those things 20-30 years back, I can't even imagine putting it in my mouth today.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of beer.....I noticed BCF now sells homebrew kits......:vino:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't think I want to ever be meatless, but we have changed our meat habits. I used to be into steak and bake potatoes, but mostly what we eat is some form of chicken. I was watching a hamburger commercial on the boob tube the other day and, while I used to exist on those things 20-30 years back, I can't even imagine putting it in my mouth today.
We inspect quite a few fast food joints, one in particular had hamburger from China in their freezer.....unreal

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We inspect quite a few fast food joints, one in particular had hamburger from China in their freezer.....unreal
Given there are more cows than people in this state, I can't imagine the fast food places importing cheap and unhealthy shit from China, but I know they do. Maybe that is also a reason for my great turn off on burgers. I know how the local beef is raised, so I wouldn't have much problem with it, but I don't want Chinese shit no matter how hungry I might be.

VU Sponsors