Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is there a difference, in your mind, personal or professional, between "it MUST be fixed" and "it would be nice to fix it"?
BIG difference....I haven't upgraded anything here, built in 93 it needs a complete restoration, but I blu all duh money in Ecuador.....:wait:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I suppose some of this depends on local building codes. This place was built in the 1930s, so it only needs to comply with the codes back then. If I added new rooms onto the existing structure, all of it would have to comply with today's codes (so this place will never be added onto). Buildings you aren't going to live in don't have to comply with anything. I didn't even have to get a permit to build the new barn or have the electric company inspect my wiring.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
fbbb985269004dfa56421c0e9732c5c4.gif

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have no answer to that question, but am also curious. I do not believe anyone said anything in THIS thread to upset him and I don't go to that other more volatile thread, so have no knowledge of who did what.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wish I'd of planted some beans, or anything actually....the only thing that grew to harvest was what came up from shit I tossed in the garden to rot.....the quail ate most of the cantaloupes, I got a couple, they ate most of um. They didn't touch the honeydews or watermelons, but the harvest wasn't good, too damn hot here for melons.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wish I'd of planted some beans, or anything actually....the only thing that grew to harvest was what came up from shit I tossed in the garden to rot.....the quail ate most of the cantaloupes, I got a couple, they ate most of um. They didn't touch the honeydews or watermelons, but the harvest wasn't good, too damn hot here for melons.
That sucks , especially after hearing about the use of Bio-sludge this spring:eek:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How are you doing tonight my friend? Very good to see you too. It was a real shocker after how bad the first stuff did. Good thing about fall beans here is very few bean beetles:).
All we got planted was tomatoes and peppers and I am seeing very few of either. Weather here all summer has just not been conducive to growing a good crop of anything. Sigh...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Didn't get any today. Mostly clear (partly cloudy) and 84 degrees, but the wind has been at least 40 mph ALL DAMN DAY (even now) with gusts up to 50-55, so I didn't get shit done outside.
Nothing new there, you just can't win over the weather......it was pretty damn hot here today, but it's supposed to be in the 80's next week thank god

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Raining again, Rich?..............:wait:
That is hardly the word for what just happened. Electricity just [miraculously] came back on. We had a "normal" thunderstorm this morning and some heavy rain. Maybe that was the leading edge of a frontal system. All that nasty wind yesterday had no storms to go with it, so maybe it was pre-frontal. Then, in spite of being cloudy, it wasn't a bad day (74 degrees, 10-15 mph wind). The forecast said we might have more thunderstorms this evening, but they would be over about 9 PM. Nothing happened, but just after I finished washing dishes and before I came downstairs, I saw distant lightning, maybe 20 miles south of us. No big deal, right? But the forecast said the storms would be over before they even started (stupid ass weather fucks!). About 10 PM, all hell broke loose. Extremely severe thunderstorms, continuous lightning all around us, wind so nasty it was shaking the house (are we having a tornado???), then the power went out. I wasn't ready to go to sleep, but the storm woke Lannie up and she was seriously afraid, so we sat on the couch talking (flashlights so we didn't trip on cats). Finally, the storm moved east and Lannie went back to bed. I couldn't sleep yet, but went to bed anyway. What else could I do with no electricity, and if all that lightning took down several power poles, it might be days before we got power again. I was laying there, worrying about all the outside animals and whether or not the barns were still standing when the lights came back. So, OK, here I am. Sigh... This computer isn't working too well at the moment, and if power goes out again and I just don't answer your reply... well, that's life in South Dakota. :crazy:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was on here a little early tonight, was a LONG day and I'm whipped...Eli arrived this afternoon, but she's sleeping...I need to do the same....Have a good on my friend.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Updated: Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited Expands Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP and Losartan Potassium / Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets, USP

September 19, 2019 -- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited is expanding its recall for Losartan Potassium Tablets USP and Losartan Potassium / hydrochlorothiazide tablets, USP, to the consumer level due to the detection of trace amounts of an unexpected impurity while testing the below finished product batches manufactured utilizing active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) manufactured by Hetero Labs Limited using the old Route of Synthesis. The recall is expanded to include an additional 3 lots of Losartan Potassium Tablets USP and 2 lots of Losartan Potassium/Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets, USP.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Update on last night's storm:

I didn't sleep worth a damn last night for all the worry about storm damage. I did not get to walk the entire property this morning, but here's a few items: The flag pole was snapped off. The original packaging of that kit claimed it would withstand up to 100 mph. Looks like a micorburst creamed it. I might be able to fix it. The mailbox was on the ground at the highway end of the driveway. The 4x4 it was mounted on was snapped off at ground level. Well, at least tomorrow is Sunday and maybe I can find a new post and get it set up again before Monday's mail. I have no idea how fast the wind has to be to break a 4x4. We watched (and tried to soak up with towels) as rain water poured in under the closed dining room windows. That side of the house (outside of west wall) looks like someone used a sand blaster on it. There is very little paint left on that side of the house. I hope we have enough decent weather before the winter nasties for me to get it repainted. Lots of small branches laying all around the property, but I saw only one large full tree on the ground. It was dead anyway and on my list to be cut down one of these days. I guess the storm just moved it higher up on the "to do" list. We found no dead animals and, to the best of our ability to observe, everyone seems to be accounted for. Of course, our roof still needs major repair (lots of water running into six buckets inside the house) and I have been unable to find anyone who is capable and willing to come fix it. I guess I'm just gonna have to get a couple more gallons of roof goop to pour on that.

Checking the Faith weather history (the nearest place with a remote recording station), their wind gusts never exceeded 23 mph and they got only 0.03 inches of rain. This storm obviously missed them entirely because we got at least 2.0 inches of rain last night and had gusts up near 100 mph. Now you can see why what is on the computer when you check our weather is not what is really going on here.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mostly cloudy all day here, but no more thunderstorms (even though they were forecast), and the wind was fairly steady around 30 mph all day. The high temperature was only 65, but that was only for a short time because most of the day was in the 50s. It is 46 right at the moment.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mostly cloudy all day here, but no more thunderstorms (even though they were forecast), and the wind was fairly steady around 30 mph all day. The high temperature was only 65, but that was only for a short time because most of the day was in the 50s. It is 46 right at the moment.
Incredible, I wouldn't bet (against) that it might be snowing within a month...hope the bobcat is ready for it....cuz it's comin

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Updated: Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited Expands Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP and Losartan Potassium / Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets, USP

September 19, 2019 -- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited is expanding its recall for Losartan Potassium Tablets USP and Losartan Potassium / hydrochlorothiazide tablets, USP, to the consumer level due to the detection of trace amounts of an unexpected impurity while testing the below finished product batches manufactured utilizing active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) manufactured by Hetero Labs Limited using the old Route of Synthesis. The recall is expanded to include an additional 3 lots of Losartan Potassium Tablets USP and 2 lots of Losartan Potassium/Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets, USP.
MORE IMPURITIES......shaking head

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What tore the paint off the house, hail?...or heavy rain?
With the high wind speed, rain would act like a pressure washer. Then again, my hearing is screwed to the max, so the high wind noise might have masked any hail sounds. I'd be willing to guess we did get some, but I could see nothing out the windows. Even had it been daytime instead of night, the rain (or hail) was so heavy that I could not see 10 feet (6 inches out the west windows).

it might be snowing within a month
I'm trying to visualize that it gets no worse until at least Thanksgiving.

VU Sponsors