Old Pharts Club

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Okay so I wanted to give you an update on the Feral kitty ( now named William) The day it hit 115 out here I was able to trap him and get him into the guest bedroom that I already had set up. Took a bit for him to feel comfy. I had a couple of those wood baby gates and I stacked them on top of each other so I could put them in the doorway and the kitties could then see each other and start getting used to each other. William would bite me quite often. So much so that I went to the ER and started rabies shots as we have bats out here testing positive for rabies. ( everyone is fine )

Took him to my vet ( whom I adore ) and low and behold he had a testicle up inside that has twisted and his ears were badly infected. No wonder he was biting, he had to of been in pain. So a huge vet bill later HA HA Kitty is now neutered and his ears are fine.

Now for the amazing part, I have had many cats in my life time and William is the most affectionate clingy cat I have ever had. He has to be with me all the time. I do still get a bit nervous when he stretches up and wants to have his face resting on my cheek at night but so far no more biting.

Him and the other kitties do just fine now and he loves to clean Danny my older male tabby. They play all the time. He does okay with my female Shepherd ( sort of ) He hates my young male shepherd, but he is still very puppyish and is a total spaz. William will actually chase him lol But there has been no real fight or blood shed so they can at least co-exist together. Maybe once Major gets a bit older and calms down..............I want to thank you for urging me to keep at it. He is a wonderful boy ( vet says he is about 2 1/2 to 3 years old (best guess). Here are a few pictures :)

IMG_20200803_182012516 (1).jpgIMG_20200817_104117119.jpgIMG_20200818_010921046.jpgIMG_20200802_084250935.jpg

I have a hard time telling him and Meko apart other than she has a white spot on her chest and the eye color is a little different. William has a few white hairs but not as much and no looking at my spotty bathroom mirror. lol Meko is part Munchkin. Another rescue. ( all of my kitties are ) Hubby found her on the street on his way to work one day, old enough where her eyes were barely open and she fit in the palm of his hand. :) Danny my Orange tabby we got from a rescue ranch, North of town.

IMG_20200817_103855385.jpg

Thank you @Draconigena for having me keep at it. You were right, he is so very affectionate, just a real love bug.

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@debinnv
That is so very wonderful :inlove: So happy new Kitty is fitting in. I'm sure he is very grateful for taking him in and caring for him. Thank you for not giving up on him :hug:

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks @2WhiteWolves It's been a journey but well worth it. I hope all is well with @Draconigena I see that he has not posted in awhile. Does anyone have a an alternate way to contact him? I'm a terrible mothering type and worry when I don't see folks for awhile. Especially in these crazy times.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He's OK, just hot, tired, and stressed out from the nightmare of hiring a bad contractor to fix storm damage on our house. At least the roof is done properly. There's still storm cleanup and other repairs, too, which will keep both of us busy for some time. It's hard to believe, but it's about time to start winter preps already.

I'll poke him and tell him to get on here tonight. Maybe he didn't get (or see) the notifications.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh that's okay Lannie. Thanks for the update. I had forgotten you all had a bunch of storm damage. Sorry. Also, is that a Kuvasz as your avatar?

lighnin.png

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks @2WhiteWolves It's been a journey but well worth it. I hope all is well with @Draconigena I see that he has not posted in awhile. Does anyone have a an alternate way to contact him? I'm a terrible mothering type and worry when I don't see folks for awhile. Especially in these crazy times.
You're welcome, debinnv :) yes it's worth it! It's been a hellofa ride with Emma, but damn well worth it...wouldn't trade it for nothin' !
Yeah, I'm the same way when friends don't post for a couple few days or longer :( . @snake94115, @bikerboogieman, @Jinx'd and a few others that haven't been around for a long while, and I'm worried about them. That's one bad thing about having friends on the webz...when you can't call or just go over to their home and check on them or help them out when they need it :( . I'm so glad Lannie checked in and also updated us on Draco.

So sorry @Draconigena @Lannie for all the shit you two are going through :hug: and I know having winter right around the corner doesn't help matters at all :(

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Also, is that a Kuvasz as your avatar?
I haven't been getting notifications here and, as Lannie said, been busier than a 10-peckered owl in a hen house. Well, OK, she didn't say it that way, but........ Anyway, Lannie's avatar was a wonderful female Great Pyranees (she died a few years back and we really miss her).

Anyhoo... roof is fixed. Only a dozen more things to take care of.... Gonna go buy another storm door tomorrow, and several gallons of paint and... Maybe I should go to bed now. Long days ahead.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Awesome that you got the roof all fixed. No doubt that was a chore. Oh a Pyrenees! yes they are closely related to the Kuvasz. Sorry for your loss, Mine lived to 13 years ( passed on about 10 years ago ) I still miss her very much. They are a handful for sure but such a great breed of Dog. Right now I have Major, ( another rescue ) Shepherd who was living his life in a cage. We got to him when he was about 15 months. He's 2 now but SUCH a spaz. Understandable as he was caged so much. But love and patience and he will be a good dog. He's good now, just a spaz ball. lol

IMG_20200505_154150080.jpg

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
COVID-19 Update: FDA Warns Consumers About Hand Sanitizer Packaged in Food and Drink Containers

Silver Spring, MD -- August 27, 2020 -- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning consumers about alcohol-based hand sanitizers that are being packaged in containers that may appear as food or drinks and may put consumers at risk of serious injury or death if ingested. The agency has discovered that some hand sanitizers are being packaged in beer cans, children’s food pouches, water bottles, juice bottles and vodka bottles. Additionally, the FDA has found hand sanitizers that contain food flavors, such as chocolate or raspberry.

Let's see now... the Chinese created a virus and sent it to us, but it failed to kill us off, so they now are bottling poison hand sanitizer in pop bottles with chocolate flavoring in the hopes that the stupid portion of our population will drink that shit?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Same basic information with a slightly differewnt headline. The bottom line, which I have pushed from day 1, is that they have been lying to you to exercise control over your lives. Less people have died in the USA from Covid-19 than any other flu from any other year, and you never got locked down or forced to wear a mask. This has been 100% political.

SHOCK REPORT: This Week CDC Quietly Updated COVID-19 Numbers – Only 9,210 Americans Died From COVID-19 Alone – Rest Had Different Other Serious Illnesses

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flu alone also kills very few. co morbidities have always been a factor. Just like with flu.
The point is how long would they have lived with their other health issues if not for Covid 19?

Medical facts are that Covid 19 is a far more dangerous virus that the regular flu.

Politically slant things if you want.

I suppose if someone in on BP medications (blood thinners) and they have a car crash and die then the crash alone did not cause them to die?

Remember that age is a comorbidity with covid19.
diabetes, Circulatory issues etc...

Last edited:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I suppose if someone in on BP medications (blood thinners) and they have a car crash and die then the crash alone did not cause them to die?
I thought you said you had abandoned us. But nice to see you are still alive and you do have a point.

Remember cigarettes? If a car crashed and killed the occupants and they found cigatette butts in the ashtray, it was written down as a "smoking-related death." Seriously. And that is what I mean by politics. Somehow or other, they always manage to manipulate reality to say what they want, not what is true.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Point is YOU have co-morbidities and your wife also I expect. Age if nothing else.
so do all diabetics, virtually everyone in extended care facilities and those in hospitals.
I HAVE COMPASSION for my fellow humans even some right wingnuts. Some not so much....

And YES the virus does even kill some without any co-morbidities.

And YES I will take precautions to keep myself, wife and family as safe as I can. And even those I do not know buy have to be around shopping and such.

another point is that the majority of those balking on taking a vaccine will be right leaning types...

And with 6 million cases in a population of around 325 million we are no where close to any herd immunity. Except in some areas where the virus has already raged. But considering how we like to travel that is not comforting for those areas either.
Herd immunity only works in isolation.
Not when all the herds keep on mingling.

this is a worldwide thing and worldwide herd immunity will take years.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some corona virus facts.

According to the CDC's best estimate, the average person has less than a 1% chance of dying from coronavirus. In the months since the pandemic began, public health experts have learned a few key things about who is more likely to become seriously ill.
  • If infected, people 85 and older are 20 times more likely to die than people in their 50s, and 60 times more likely to die than people in their 40s.
  • Underlying conditions have a huge impact on more serious cases or deaths.
  • Those with diabetes were three times more likely to be hospitalized.
  • Those who are obese have an increased risk of death three to four times relative to those of normal weight.
  • The people most likely to be hospitalized with Covid-19 are minorities: Black, Hispanic and Native American people.
  • In the largest review to date, 13% of those with both cancer and Covid-19 died within a month.
  • Younger people are not immune to this disease. Over 60% of new infections in the United States are now in people under the age of 50. People ages 18 to 29 represent 22.3% of cases; ages 30 to 39 represent 17.1% of cases and ages 40 to 49 represent 15.7% of cases.
  • Pediatric cases rose 90% In July, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics. And health departments in many states reported cases of inflammation overdrive in youngsters -

wo new studies from Germany paint a sobering picture of the toll that Covid-19 takes on the heart, raising the specter of long-term damage after people recover, even if their illness was not severe enough to require hospitalization.

One study examined the cardiac MRIs of 100 people who had recovered from Covid-19 and compared them to heart images from 100 people who were similar but not infected with the virus. Their average age was 49 and two-thirds of the patients had recovered at home. More than two months later, infected patients were more likely to have troubling cardiac signs than people in the control group: 78 patients showed structural changes to their hearts, 76 had evidence of a biomarker signaling cardiac injury typically found after a heart attack, and 60 had signs of inflammation.

These were relatively young, healthy patients who fell ill in the spring, Valentina Puntmann, who led the MRI study, pointed out in an interview. Many of them had just returned from ski vacations. None of them thought they had anything wrong with their hearts.

And about .1% of people who get the flu die from it.
So corona has at least a 10X higher death rate and has pretty much equaled the annual flu deaths in under 1/2 year and still spreading big time.
We have flu vaccines but no corona vaccine yet. And flu season is getting ready to jump out again.
Corona apparently has no season, just spreads all the time.

Kinda like comparing sweat bees to hornets.

And the back to school corona surge will begin soon.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some info on past vaccine disasters. And the CDC is letting itself be pressured into early release of Covid-19 vaccine.

On April 12, 1955 the government announced the first vaccine to protect kids against polio. Within days, labs had made thousands of lots of the vaccine. Batches made by one company, Cutter Labs, accidentally contained live polio virus and it caused an outbreak.
More than 200,000 children got the polio vaccine, but within days the government had to abandon the program.
"Forty thousand kids got polio. Some had low levels, a couple hundred were left with paralysis, and about 10 died,"
From 1955 to 1963, between 10% and 30% of polio vaccines were contaminated with simian virus 40 (SV40).

In 1976, scientists predicted a pandemic of a new strain of influenza called swine flu. More than 40 years later, some historians call it "flu epidemic that never was."

"Ford was being cajoled to put forward a vaccine that was hastily put together. When you have a brand new strain situation like that, they had to do it on the fly," Kinch said.
Ford made the decision to make the immunization compulsory.
The government launched the program in about seven months and 40 million people got vaccinated against swine flu, according to the CDC. That vaccination campaign was later linked to cases of a neurological disorder called Guillain-Barre syndrome, which can develop after an infection or, rarely, after vaccination with a live vaccine.
"It was kind of a fiasco," Markel said. "The good news is that there never was an epidemic of swine flu. So we were safe, but that shows you what could happen."

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Protein Shoppe, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of the "Red- E" I am a spammer ban me Tablet Due to the Presence of Undeclared Sildenafil

September 1, 2020 -- The Protein Shoppe, LLC is voluntarily recalling all lots of “Red-E” tablet to the consumer level. This recall has been initiated after an FDA laboratory analysis found the product to contain undeclared sildenafil, a Phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) inhibitor which is the active ingredient in an FDA approved drug used in the treatment of I am a spammer ban me dysfunction. The presence of sildenafil in Red-E renders it an unapproved drug for which safety and efficacy have not been established and, therefore, subject to recall.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
New Drug Approvals

The following drugs have recently been approved by the FDA.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
New Indications and Dosage Forms

Drugs that have gained FDA approval for the treatment of additional diseases/conditions or new dosage forms/regimens.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Other Drug News

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
An NIH panel said yesterday there's no evidence backing the use of convalescent plasma to treat coronavirus patients and that doctors should not treat it as a standard of care until more study has been done.

"There are insufficient data to recommend either for or against the use of convalescent plasma for the treatment of COVID-19," the panel of more than three dozen experts said in a statement posted on the NIH website Tuesday.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How should one respond if the leader of a nation asks their supporters to vote twice for him?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reckon it is official that I'm an old phart. Youngest nephew come to the bedroom doorway last evening, announcing I had been listed on the school board site as substitute custodian. He himself is now working at local Mickey D's.

I remember him at age two curled up in my arms watching Barnyard. It was made all the more special in that he called called me Mushy Cow. This was the first he had spoken. Everyone was worried he hadn't by then. When asked about it his reply was "well, I didn't have anything to say."

This is the same nephew who was watching a cartoon about two guys in a space ship. They were playing cards and another character comes to the outer hatch, knocks. The one tells the other to get the door, "Who is it?" "Tofu salesman." "Tofu salesman who?" "Here to sale you tofu." Me and him cracked up together, it was hilarious.

Same nephew broke my heart too. Leaned in and whispered in my ear. "Can you be my daddy?" I didn't know how to respond, still unsure. Do know it is a shame though what he's faced.

Yep, an old phart I'll be, I reckon,

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

VU Sponsors