Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm that way too; apparently there was a real bad flu in 2009, and 2014... and I never even knew about either; last flu I had was Jan 1997. So I think it had just been long enough that it had mutated past the point that any of my antibodies could recognize it. Ditto all that for my husband; he was more surprised than anyone when his temp shot up to 104F!

Andria
My doctor told me it could be a virus going around. She prescribed antibiotics but told me they will only help if uts a bacterial I fiction but won't do anything if it's a virus. Well, it's a virus of some sort because the antibiotics did absolutely nothing. Just have to ride it out and keep eating my veggies. Oh Yay! o_O

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cheers to that! A round of Ensure for everyone! :vino::bliss:

To which I reply with a heartfelt YUCHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! My son bought me some last week when I had no appetite... well, that shit killed the appetite even further! Maybe when your sense of smell is normal, it's ok, but when your sense of smell is totally FUBAR from flu, Ensure makes EVERYTHING smell like Ensure!

Andria

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
To which I reply with a heartfelt YUCHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! My son bought me some last week when I had no appetite... well, that shit killed the appetite even further! Maybe when your sense of smell is normal, it's ok, but when your sense of smell is totally FUBAR from flu, Ensure makes EVERYTHING smell like Ensure!

Andria
Agree its like drinking vanilla/chocolate flavored milk thats been thrown up.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My doctor told me it could be a virus going around. She prescribed antibiotics but told me they will only help if uts a bacterial I fiction but won't do anything if it's a virus. Well, it's a virus of some sort because the antibiotics did absolutely nothing. Just have to ride it out and keep eating my veggies. Oh Yay! o_O

After I'd been sick for a full week and still wasn't better, in fact was a bit worse, could barely breathe at all, I went to the doc and got the antibiotics, and apparently went early enough that it was just bronchitis, not pneumonia. Finished those on Sunday, but it was azithromycin, so they're still working; I'm still coughing up a lot of crap, but i can breathe much better, and FEEL much better... though I still pop a low fever sometimes in the evening.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Maybe incentive to get better?

I'd call it incentive to never drink ensure again! I had to just eat tiny bits of this and that till I could handle most of a real meal -- cheese toast, on whole wheat, was good, and also plain whole wheat toast with honey, for energy.... I kept body and soul together for several days, with that.

Andria

PS: always heard that mac n cheese is good if you're sick, but I really hate mac n cheese... but I did eat several nights' worth of lean cuisine fettucine alfredo -- only kind of "mac n cheese" I can tolerate.

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Well guess it's time. Wife is making me shower before going out. Guess she don't like the smell of penetrate and ultrasonic chemicals with a dash of radiation.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
After I'd been sick for a full week and still wasn't better, in fact was a bit worse, could barely breathe at all, I went to the doc and got the antibiotics, and apparently went early enough that it was just bronchitis, not pneumonia. Finished those on Sunday, but it was azithromycin, so they're still working; I'm still coughing up a lot of crap, but i can breathe much better, and FEEL much better... though I still pop a low fever sometimes in the evening.

Andria

That's what my doctor prescribed me, did nothing unfortunately. Advil cold and sinus has been more effective, oddly enough. Been a strange winter.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Moved from Northern IL to Southern IL and was highly offended when I discovered down here they root for the St. Louis Cardinals! Still gets my back up after all these years.:headbang:

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
No drama! If there is any you just brought it!
Without doing any cross forum posting myself, ask your friend Robert to post the link and read away!

And here it goes....... I was over there I did read all of the thread. You are the one that came over here and started the drama with a personal attack on him. Shall I quote you or would you rather just scroll back and read it over again? We disagreed with the way the situation was handled so we moved on. So kindly do the same and move the drama back over there.

In the immortal words of Socrates, “ I drank what?!”

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Moved from Northern IL to Southern IL and was highly offended when I discovered down here they root for the St. Louis Cardinals! Still gets my back up after all these years.:headbang:
No offense, but I would root for the Cards too if I lived down there. Well, they would be my second team anyway.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Breakfast time. Asian stir fry anyone?

That actually looks pretty good but I’ve got the artery clogger already.
e266a96df7f7851eed89685fbd51a514.jpg

In the immortal words of Socrates, “ I drank what?!”

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone seen the movie Big trouble? Not the Kurt Russel thing in little china.
And would understand the arugula reference?

Laughed my butt off.
Super glued it back on.

VU Sponsors