Become a Patron!

Perpetual check clone -barley (5 Checkers)

pwnby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Holy crap. @HeadInClouds, the Catalan cream is an amazing addition, got mine in the mail today. Thank you for the suggestion.

victoryred

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I added catalan cream to my 2nd batch that i sweetened, so tasty!! i mixed up yet another batch and experimented a little with some other fruit flavors, key lime and raspberry and threw in some tart and sour flavor enhancer.. it has a bit of a zing to it, but still very vapeable. also adding some ethyl maltol makes it nice and smooth

victoryred

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
got an email from natures flavors saying that the malt flavoring is out of stock, and they don't know when they will have it. So it looks like I'll be sticking with the sucralose for now. to a 30 ml batch i add .5% suralose and .25% ethyl maltol

Adonlude

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did anybody get to a final clone of perpetual check? I have been trying as well with flavors that I have and I'm on the right track but not there.

8% TFA Black Currant
4% CAP Fig
4% TFA Guava
4% FA Lemon Sicily
4% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
1.3% CAP Super Sweet

The touch of Guava feels like the right fruit scent to me. I'm not getting much lemon from the Lemon Sicily. I need to dial up the Cinnamon as the real version is much stronger cinnamon than this 4% mix. I tried 1% Catalan Cream and it tasted like the wrong direction. Also, how do you think Perpetual Check gets that beautiful golden yellow color? Mine is clear.

victoryred

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My mix gets a slight yellowish color from the brandy and catalan cream, i also add a bit of vanilla classic.. this is my recipe.. It's not quite perpetual check but it's a damn good vape

5% FA cinnamon ceylon
2% FA black currant
.9% FA fresh fig
1.25% FA lemon sicily
.75% FA catalan cream
.75% FA vanilla classic
1.5% Signature brandy
.5% sucralose
.25% ethyl maltol

Adonlude

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice I have the FA Brandy so ill try that tonight. Did you feel the Catalan Cream took you closer or further from the original recipe? In side by side vape 1% Catalan Cream seemed to add a new flavor not found in the original.

victoryred

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To me, I think the catalan cream adds a bit of a subtle smooth flavor, i can't pick it out by itself when vaping, but it does add a sort of nuance

Adonlude

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Brandy tastes like an ok addition, I can't really pick it out. %5 Cinnamon Ceylon is about the right amount of spice. I just dripped some of the real stuff and the cinnamon feels much fuller, maybe woody. And there is a tang and fullness that you can feel hitting your tongue that mine doesn't have. Maybe some red oak or malic acid? I Don't have enough experience to know so maybe I'll try both.

victoryred

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
let us know what you come up with!! maybe try adding a drop or 2 of lorann tart and sour flavor enhancer?

Adonlude

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmm I don't have that flavor enhancer, just malic acid. I'm waiting on a red hot candy flavor that might go well with the cinnamon Ceylon to broaden the cinnamon flavor. Wish I knew if Five Pawns used food coloring to get that yellow color but I haven't seen anything online on the subject.

victoryred

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wouldn't think that they use dyes or coloring, i'm pretty sure they use naturally extracted ingredients for the most part

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The color is mainly the nicotine oxidizing! I'm sure they would never use food coloring:p

pwnby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The color is mainly the nicotine oxidizing! I'm sure they would never use food coloring:p
Correct. The higher the nicotine in perpetual check, the darker it is.

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
[quote uid=4130 name="AmandaD" post=363501]The color is mainly the nicotine oxidizing! I'm sure they would never use food coloring[/QUOTE]<br />Correct. The higher the nicotine in perpetual check, the darker it is.<br/>

That's correct

VU Sponsors