Become a Patron!

Pioneer4You IPV3 Li 165W With Temperature Control (Yihi SX330-V3SL )

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ugh, this sucks. You guys have already moved the discussion past the ipv3 li and on to tanks, and I don't get my mod til tomorrow. *hands in pockets, head down and kicking rocks*:(

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think some would call this a hijacking.

No matter where you go, take your Vape!

To be fair it does fit the iPV3 Li rather nicely IMO. Vapes great in temp control too.:cool:

goCUXIn.jpg
K6g8peJ.jpg

I want to order a few of those new silicone cases they have for my iPV3 Li and my iPV4 hopefully they aren't a loose fit like the sx mini ones are.

YEAHMO-IPV3-Li-165W-case-ipv4-100w.jpg
$_57.JPG

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ugh, this sucks. You guys have already moved the discussion past the ipv3 li and on to tanks, and I don't get my mod til tomorrow. *hands in pockets, head down and kicking rocks*:(
Usps has really gone down hill as of late. Keep your head up I'm sure it will be in your hands soon m8.;)

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wish vendors used UPS and not USPS. UPS has some awesome updates and scans and are always on point with deliveries. Plus they do deliveries on Sunday's :)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I wish vendors used UPS and not USPS. UPS has some awesome updates and scans and are always on point with deliveries. Plus they do deliveries on Sunday's :)
See i think it is odd. Many people on this forum hate USPS. I love them. Always on time, faster then fedex and UPS.. cheaper then fedex and UPS. They deliver 6 days a week, and in some cases 7. The only bad side to them is customer service when there is an issue and the tracking is slow to update.

At least these have been my experiences. Its interesting to hear so many people have the exact opposite happen to them

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I for the most part don't have trouble with them either. I live right near one of their main hubs. Delivery isn't the problem. It's the updates and scans which deter me immensely. Sme instances I've had are a pre-scan at one location and a in the mailbox/doorstep days later with no in between. Their tracking is horrible.

I got my IPV3 Li and did the software update (v1.6).
I didn't even use it before updating, so I'm not sure if the firmware is the problem.
In Joules mode it only displays 0.53 ohms - no matter what atomizer I put on it.
I put in in Ni200 mode and tried a Matrix Ni200 coil (which on my ohm meter reads 0.19).
But my IPV3 Li only displays 0.53ohms while in Joules mode.
If I keep that same atomizer on and change it to power mode - it will display the "correct" resistance of 0.18 ohms.
I don't have any Ni200 wire or Ti wire (yet) to further test, but I decided to just test it with some NiCr80 wire just to see if it would display a different resistance. It doesn't matter what I put on it - in temp control/Joules mode it only displays 0.53 ohms.
Also, the software updates Ti Joules to 100. But NOT Ni200. So lame.

I don't know if I'm the only one having this issue as I haven't found much real info about it.

So since temp control isn't working for me I decided to just test it's power limits.

At .11 ohms it tried to hit 200 watts with a target voltage of 4.69V.
Using my multimeter checking voltage at the rda posts I got a consistent 4.34V, which is 171 watts.

I tried a .28 ohm set up to try to see if it could actually output 7.5V for 200 watts. Nope.
The display showed target voltage of 7.48V but I only get 6.45V with my multimeter (again at the rda posts screws) - which is only 148 watts.
I think that's an obvious limitation of the batteries (yes even with a fresh charge of 4.2V the batteries will sag that much under that kind of load)
- which is why the DNA200 needs a 3S lipo.

All things considered - it's no better than my Sigelei150 as of right now.

I hope that Yihi updates the software to fix these issues. Because I really want to play with some Ti temp control builds.
I've emailed both Yihi and P4Y - but haven't heard back from either as of yet.

Anyhow. Just wanted to share my experience thus far with it.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got my IPV3 Li and did the software update (v1.6).
I didn't even use it before updating, so I'm not sure if the firmware is the problem.
In Joules mode it only displays 0.53 ohms - no matter what atomizer I put on it.
I put in in Ni200 mode and tried a Matrix Ni200 coil (which on my ohm meter reads 0.19).
But my IPV3 Li only displays 0.53ohms while in Joules mode.
If I keep that same atomizer on and change it to power mode - it will display the "correct" resistance of 0.18 ohms.
I don't have any Ni200 wire or Ti wire (yet) to further test, but I decided to just test it with some NiCr80 wire just to see if it would display a different resistance. It doesn't matter what I put on it - in temp control/Joules mode it only displays 0.53 ohms.
Also, the software updates Ti Joules to 100. But NOT Ni200. So lame.

I don't know if I'm the only one having this issue as I haven't found much real info about it.

So since temp control isn't working for me I decided to just test it's power limits.

At .11 ohms it tried to hit 200 watts with a target voltage of 4.69V.
Using my multimeter checking voltage at the rda posts I got a consistent 4.34V, which is 171 watts.

I tried a .28 ohm set up to try to see if it could actually output 7.5V for 200 watts. Nope.
The display showed target voltage of 7.48V but I only get 6.45V with my multimeter (again at the rda posts screws) - which is only 148 watts.
I think that's an obvious limitation of the batteries (yes even with a fresh charge of 4.2V the batteries will sag that much under that kind of load)
- which is why the DNA200 needs a 3S lipo.

All things considered - it's no better than my Sigelei150 as of right now.

I hope that Yihi updates the software to fix these issues. Because I really want to play with some Ti temp control builds.
I've emailed both Yihi and P4Y - but haven't heard back from either as of yet.

Anyhow. Just wanted to share my experience thus far with it.
You have set the Resistance before firing the nickel / Ti coil in Joules mode. hold the plus ( + ) and minus ( - ) buttons at the same time. needs to be done when the coil is it room temp. nothing wrong with your device or software just need to lock the resistance is all.

V2awvbg.jpg

Last edited:

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No worries m8 enjoy your mod. Make sure you select the correct wire material you are using in the menu either ni200 or Ti01 as they will vape differen't from eachother.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got that part ;)
Working great now!
Just wish it would go to 100J in Ni200 mode.
I've got Ti wire coming...

Thanks again bro!
Me and you both lol. I'm quite sure they can do it for nickel maybe not a 100j but more then 50 would be great Id be happy with 80J in ni200

My 22g Ti wire arrived today!
I just threw some coils on a ForgeV2 clone (airholes drilled out - using a little boy 510 plug/cap in the forgev2 chuff).
8 wraps on a 3mm bit. The IPV3 Li is reading 0.094
I tell ya. That Ti is springy.
Def best to use a 4 hole atty to center coils.
It's so springy that the I.D. actually ends up about .5mm over what it's wrapped on. I also went one full wrap past what I wanted because it springs back. So I did 9 wraps - but it ended up as 8. I also kinked the leads at the ends of the coils.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    904.4 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    826.5 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    774.5 KB · Views: 24

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quick question, where are you guys sourcing your TI wire from?? and I am also looking at a wrap or sleeve have we found a good source yet for either??
I was looking at mod wraps and J wraps, but the sleeve I keep getting the alibaba and I just don't get how that site works...

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I received it today. Updated it first thing. Everything is running, no issues. People were correct when they said their vape was warmer than that of the evic. Same setting in Ti that I used on evic is a lot warmer on the ipv. Pretty pleased so far.

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welp, first issue...wouldn't read atomizer. Tried a couple different. All Ti builds. When it finally did, it gave me a dry coil warning. Turned it off and back on, works for now. I hope this isn't a prelude of more issues

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like Joe said: fuck temperature control lol

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welp, first issue...wouldn't read atomizer. Tried a couple different. All Ti builds. When it finally did, it gave me a dry coil warning. Turned it off and back on, works for now. I hope this isn't a prelude of more issues

It's different you will get used to it, I have had many issues with my dna40 but it ended up being my device, second one has been doing great so far I think the first one just made me shy away from nickel and TC for a while but now I love to have options.

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, don't worry about me...I'm just an idiot. Coil wasn't screwed down all the way in the atomizer(ego mega). Through it all out of wack. It's working fine now...Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, don't worry about me...I'm just an idiot. Coil wasn't screwed down all the way in the atomizer(ego mega). Through it all out of wack. It's working fine now...Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
LOL... it's all good. A little bit of learning. Each mod is a little different, then add TC on top!

No matter where you go, take your Vape!

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it me or am I mental, I order something and I want it NOW! I start thinking about stupid things like why didn't I order this Saturday and then I would have gotten it sooner or you know ETC. Anyone else or do I have problems:)

Now I am thumbing through this thread and watching videos like a kid in the 80's looking at toys r us catalogs before christmas...

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it me or am I mental, I order something and I want it NOW! I start thinking about stupid things like why didn't I order this Saturday and then I would have gotten it sooner or you know ETC. Anyone else or do I have problems:)

Now I am thumbing through this thread and watching videos like a kid in the 80's looking at toys r us catalogs before christmas...
VMS- Vape Mail syndrome. Nope, you are like all of us. Damnit...it must be contagious :confused:

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea wow it does seem a bit pricey at the moment, eh I will have plenty of fun messing with the mod itself and checking out the extra power. I say that now but I'm sure here in a few I will be ordering some....

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ATTN!!! Contact coils work with titanium and vape a WHOLE LOT BETTER then spaced. Vapor plumes out like kanthal. Just lightly pulse till its glowing evenly inside out BUT don't glow red hot just enough that your coils will be a yellow and blue color. If they are white and scaly you went to far

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ATTN!!! Contact coils work with titanium and vape a WHOLE LOT BETTER then spaced. Vapor plumes out like kanthal. Just lightly pulse till its glowing evenly inside out BUT don't glow red hot just enough that your coils will be a yellow and blue color. If they are white and scaly you went to far

Your making me get Ti now thanks alot I'll send you the bill lol. You should make a vid and put it on youtube.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What's the total resistance, diameter and wire gage of those TI coils?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One is .12 2.5mm dia 24g. Other is .07 3mm dia 22g

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
And that's TI? where did you find 24 and 22g ti?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What seems to perform better for you?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
20g will do well as a single coil I'm ordering some of that and my 24g this week.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hmmm tried the 28; did my like it, giving another wire another chance, before completely tossing in th towelet

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Neat, do you think hobby lobby would have something like this dre? anything that we should look out for as far as what we shouldn't be using??

What place did you get the wire from locally?

Looking sweet man can't wait to get mine:)

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Neat, do you think hobby lobby would have something like this dre? anything that we should look out for as far as what we shouldn't be using??

What place did you get the wire from locally?

Looking sweet man can't wait to get mine:)
You can get it at http://www.riogrande.com/Product/Titanium-Round-Wire,-Soft/135500?Pos=2
And I sourced the 22 at a local b&m not from buying it at the shop but the owner who was trying it out deciding if to order some.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm tried the 28; did my like it, giving another wire another chance, before completely tossing in th towelet
Try making a contact coil its night and day to me. Just ligtly pulse the wire till its even. Don't let it go passed bluish purple when its cooled. Don't let white scale form.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I like duals so 24g is the best. In the velocity 480-540°f depended on juice 50-75j

Thanks dude, was running a ni200 build in that atty today, had a 22g kanthal in it then swapped to the 28g ni200....ehhhhh. need more metal in It.

What's the recommended ti resistance ?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think it's under .3 but don't quote me.

Killer, its a better starting point, loll

Have to swing past the shop and see if they have 24g in stock tomorrow

Thanks dude

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've noticed Ti ramp up is almost instant and cools down to the touch in seconds. Also it stays cleaner way longer then nickel. Now the fact contact coils work I'm %100000 sold

VU Sponsors