Become a Patron!

Post your builds

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hot damn dude, I step away for a tiny bit and look at you go! Looks killer!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Kinda messy, but my first ones with all the specific details, ribbon frames staggerton was a bad idea, the 46 wrap broke in about 10 places while I was coiling it heh

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Murder...check

View attachment 112787

Vengeance...check

My throat feels a little funny, wonder if it's from fumes or just my imagination

Awesome builds today! I’ve been using nichrome since I started building, and the only problem I’ve had is when dry burning. It makes my eyes sting a little and my head get a little funny like I’ve been soldering. Just got SS but I haven’t used it enough to tell, plus I try not to get it to hot.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Awesome builds today! I’ve been using nichrome since I started building, and the only problem I’ve had is when dry burning. It makes my eyes sting a little and my head get a little funny like I’ve been soldering. Just got SS but I haven’t used it enough to tell, plus I try not to get it to hot.

Thank ya, I'm bingeing while ny daughter is at her dad's house, this stuff is addicting

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yikes! Maybe the nickel? How hot are you getting them? I start my Ni80 builds at like 25 watts initially and then move to mech but I'm paranoid. Also I only use Kidney Puncher / Twisted Messes wire. I've experienced a little headache from heating crap-o wire before.

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yikes! Maybe the nickel? How hot are you getting them? I start my Ni80 builds at like 25 watts initially and then move to mech but I'm paranoid. Also I only use Kidney Puncher / Twisted Messes wire. I've experienced a little headache from heating crap-o wire before.

Yea I glow them sometimes but not always, I don’t think I’m allergic to nickel I don’t have any reactions. I do think the eye burn and headache is from dirty kbee and eBay wire and finger grease and stuff. Right now I have temco and kidney puncher but my n80 wrap wire is from artafshop on eBay. The wire isn’t the straightest, but it’s cheap and fairly clean. The kbee ribbon I’ve tried has been really dirty and for sure smoked on dry burn.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got some nichrome to play with and learn about, 30 and 36

View attachment 112773
View attachment 112774

But not vape, cause I'm allergic :oops: just means I got to pulse this coil like a mad scientist until it was toast
I love that side shot, looks awesome. I may steal it assuming I find my lens and find time to build again lol that sucks about your allergy though, I love N80.. which is odd because for my entire vaping career I used 316L only until coil society accidentally sent me N80 instead and I fell in love. I won't pretend I can taste much if any difference, i just prefer N80 build wise.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang this stuff is shiny
View attachment 112790View attachment 112791

My first real mohawk, I was gonna make a 5x30 alien to check resistances...it'll just be a tiny bit *lower than usual with the extra wrap, right?
extra wrap should add to the resistance if I'm understanding the question, which im probably not lol

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
extra wrap should add to the resistance if I'm understanding the question, which im probably not lol

I didn't word it well - meant the extra mohawk wrap wire, being 36g and being more wire than a usual alien would bring the resistance down a tiny bit?

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey pro bulding peeps, I'm selling the last of my regulated mods so I need a good ohm reader. Any recommendations?

Edit: nevermind, I need to keep one mod for dry burning coils.

Last edited:

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't word it well - meant the extra mohawk wrap wire, being 36g and being more wire than a usual alien would bring the resistance down a tiny bit?

It was just past midnight when I quit, and Ambien makes me hallucinate so that option is right out
hahaha that's why I added the "or dont" I know it jacks some people up lol I'd say the 36g wouldn't make much difference in that aspect.

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It was just past midnight when I quit, and Ambien makes me hallucinate so that option is right out

Fatter wire has less resistance, but longer wire has more resistance. Some wire has the ohms per foot in the item description.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Learning...

That's what it's all about, I dig it!

Hey pro bulding peeps, I'm selling the last of my regulated mods so I need a good ohm reader. Any recommendations?

I've never used an ohm reader...could you keep one of your regulateds?

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the one that came with the coilmaster build kit i got when i first started vaping, but the 510 is cheap and the nut that holds it in place wont stay tight thus theres no ground thus it's useless lol I just use vapetool if I'm curious, but know about what resistance the builds I use will be.. i used to use the old lady's regulated but since shes gone if I need to know that badly, I go next door..

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

I still use the tab that came with the geekvape tool kit v2 reads fine never thought to swap it out

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Got my SS wire in today from kidney puncher. So pretty, looks much better than the eBay n80.
And WOW does this color better.. I thought I just sucked, then I got this color, I’m stoked.
Also my first time with 38g, it was no problem at all the alien wrap went on easier too.

2x28g, 8x.3R, 38g, all SS316
5.5 wraps, 3mm ID, 0.13 ohms
61d16244199fd51e71f44173b4696e54.jpg
This is my kinda build. Great looking alien wraps! Keep up the great work!

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I got some nichrome to play with and learn about, 30 and 36

View attachment 112773
View attachment 112774

But not vape, cause I'm allergic :oops: just means I got to pulse this coil like a mad scientist until it was toast :devil:
You can always mail your N80 builds to me <]8*D. Or you could go to the doctor and get an allergy shot for nichrome. You don't have to answer any questions... Not one question... You tell the doctor ITS MAHHH BUSINESS!

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yeah! @KingPin! that's a beautiful RDA and a beautiful piece of artwork as a build. So very cool to see you posting your build! Looks great!

Well happy with this purchase best RDA I’ve used in a long time suits my style of vaping perfectly

Came out at 0.22ohms spot on for the feedlink squonker

46584C14-45FA-4E6D-ADEE-BB980138AEEF.jpeg D3C58D23-323B-4211-93FA-B621A59E3380.jpeg
Flattened Fused Clapton 2*26gka1 core wrapped 32gka1 and a simple Parallel twisted 24gka1
BFBFCB84-812B-4DF9-9BD5-7CC08BC79928.jpeg
Pretty much some of my first builds (new to vaping and rebuildables). Want to get some spools Of N80 and SS with higher gauge wire like 36,38,40 etc so I can start using TC mode, have better /quicker ramp up for my cores with thinner outer wraps on my Clapton’s and fused Clapton’s for better/denser flavor. Done a bunch of standard macro/micro coils, double/triple/quad twisted coil in all different gauges and have found that Clapton’s, fused Clapton’s produce very noticeably more flavor. Loving vaping so much. Switched from cigs 4 months ago and now building has quickly become a passion of mine. Also gettin into DIY Juice and the community is fantastic. Could look at peoples builds and videos about vaping all day. So addicting.

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
View attachment 112883 View attachment 112884
Flattened Fused Clapton 2*26gka1 core wrapped 32gka1 and a simple Parallel twisted 24gka1
View attachment 112885
Pretty much some of my first builds (new to vaping and rebuildables). Want to get some spools Of N80 and SS with higher gauge wire like 36,38,40 etc so I can start using TC mode, have better /quicker ramp up for my cores with thinner outer wraps on my Clapton’s and fused Clapton’s for better/denser flavor. Done a bunch of standard macro/micro coils, double/triple/quad twisted coil in all different gauges and have found that Clapton’s, fused Clapton’s produce very noticeably more flavor. Loving vaping so much. Switched from cigs 4 months ago and now building has quickly become a passion of mine. Also gettin into DIY Juice and the community is fantastic. Could look at peoples builds and videos about vaping all day. So addicting.

Lovely first builds BB! Welcome to the builders cove :cheers:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
View attachment 112883 View attachment 112884
View attachment 112885

Yeah welcome, this thread is my happy place, never seen a thread with so many positive people in it

I'm also addicted, happiest addiction I've ever had :D

Awesome building, man!!!

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thank you! Love the build and have been looking into getting an RDA next because I want a dropper to be able to taste test the different recipes I make without the mess and hassle of filling and switching tanks constantly. Is the recurve that good? And it comes with the squonk pin, correct?

Yeah comes with a squonk pin... I like it a lot definately up there with my favourite single coil RDAs...it’ll be crappy dripping though needs a squonker really unless you litterally just want to taste test 2-3 puffs at a time :)

Also depends on your draw style if you like an airy vape it probably won’t be suitable ...can it compete with the might hadaly hmmm tough one I think it’s a better squonking rda but flavour wise not sure yet

In terms of tinkering and building the Oumier VLS is nice as well so many build approaches though it’s behind the drop for flavour ...however draw is silky smooth and doesn’t get hot when chain vaping

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Got my SS wire in today from kidney puncher. So pretty, looks much better than the eBay n80.
And WOW does this color better.. I thought I just sucked, then I got this color, I’m stoked.
Also my first time with 38g, it was no problem at all the alien wrap went on easier too.

2x28g, 8x.3R, 38g, all SS316
5.5 wraps, 3mm ID, 0.13 ohms
61d16244199fd51e71f44173b4696e54.jpg

I know this is from the other day, but it's gorgeous, are you liking the KTX btw?

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Dayum meg that looks like a raymo build super tight! I’m on my first couple hundred feet of 38 g but I really wanna try 40 soon, 38 has almost seemed easier than 36. Maybe it’s cause I switched to SS? Either way, I made my first staggered staple tonight, meanwhile you were unleashing this beast lol

P.s. do you use that fiskars hand drill everyone seems to have?

Last edited:

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
great first ssfc @chrisakasparky :cheers: that was a tough one for me to get the hang of. absolutely love the lego hand drill too :inlove:

30, .3/40 I am a proud coilbabymama
holy shit thats a beauty :eek:

welcome to 'post your builds' @BlackBerryVapors :cheers:

super clean alien framed staples @Shredtravolta and great progress on the alien stagg man :Dyour spacing is consistent and your second pass looks clean and perfect. just have to tighten up the spacing on your first pass and keep that consistency and you got it :cheers:

great fraliens @VAPEROXX :cheers:

good to see a @KingPin! build as well. beautiful fraliens matey :cheers:

VU Sponsors