Become a Patron!

Post your builds

mojo21

Member For 1 Year
Here's a couple pics of an alien build I just put in my trusty Ammit single coil deck. I love this RTA ! The coil is 3*26 kanthal wrapped with 36 ni chrome.
c6d84a794130e44ea874f255a3f450e3.jpg
3000f322a75143fee258647de84bc79d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
great braids man. looks so good with the alien :cheers:
Oh man it's been a while since I've logged in here. Hi ya'll
beautiful build man. stick around this time :cheers:
Series aliens:
thats a beefy alien :eek: i love aliens on series
SSFC
8*.4x.1 N80 framed with 28g KA1 / 38 N80 and fused with 40g N80
lovely man :cheers: doing that with 40 is hard and those are suuuuper clean looking....
Photoshop costs quite a bit right? Is it subscription only?
yaaar ;)
My second braid attempt.
nice work man :cheers: youll have to teach me that one day :D
I forgot i posted it before or not.
beautiful work man. i have a feeling you are part of the inspiration for all these braided builds in the last couple pages. love your work man :cheers:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Tried alien helix tonight. The wrap is pretty sloppy but it’s my best corrugated stack yet. Woot
c42121927bdc3c9ad1f6f1876e0d6a40.jpg
Damn! That thing looks like it has the potential to be either A) a really FANTASTIC vape, or B) a complete letdown.
I can see all the nooks and crannies as really great juice collectors. On the other hand, I can see how the juice may not wanna stay in the crevices and the coil will just burn the cotton. So I'm really curious - how did it go?

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn! That thing looks like it has the potential to be either A) a really FANTASTIC vape, or B) a complete letdown.
I can see all the nooks and crannies as really great juice collectors. On the other hand, I can see how the juice may not wanna stay in the crevices and the coil will just burn the cotton. So I'm really curious - how did it go?

It’s a good coil. It vapes kind of like a braidator or a ssfc. I would’ve thought it would spit more but it doesnt at all. Not to hot. Maybe without all the wrap wire acting as a heat sink, the cores don’t get as hot so it doesn’t flash boil all the juice. It did have some spots that would glow while vaping, but I rewicked it much snugger and it’s all good now.
.14 ohms @75 Watts. Ss316l
e377565234dafca906e6acc0ebdf1633.png

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My experience with corrugated builds and other "see through" builds have been cold and airy or hot but cold....if that makes any sense. They tend to be mainly for show and the amount of work thats involved makes me wish it vaped better...
It is a badass build @chrisakasparky

Yea I get the hot but cold thing. It vapes cool and airy but gets those really hot little tiny spots where it burns juice.
I’ve got 32g in the mail I’m gonna try some double helix builds next, can’t wait.
Thanks a lot for the compliment man!

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I've only tried corrugated helix once. Did this one back in November. It was an okay vape, but probably would have been better as a dual coil installation. Unfortunately, I only ended up with enough for one coil.

yTub59T.jpg

zuAmqY1.jpg

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've only tried corrugated helix once. Did this one back in November. It was an okay vape, but probably would have been better as a dual coil installation. Unfortunately, I only ended up with enough for one coil.

yTub59T.jpg

zuAmqY1.jpg

Awesome. I was thinking of going a little wider and only doing 3.5 wraps on the next one I make. Maybe 4mm Id. I have a 24 mm death wish clone coming this week that I can’t wait to put huge singles in :)

danielabas

Member For 1 Year
Thanks, you're right the coil came out really thick. I definitely need to try a smaller gauge. Now that I've gone through the motions I feel like I could do way better the second time around. BTW the braid you just posted looks INSANE! Beautiful job!!
Looks insane but simple making it ;)
It's the beauty of braiding, you don't have to try to copy others pattern but you can make your own.

danielabas

Member For 1 Year
I used 28g to learn the braids but it’s pretty unvapable. But learning is waaaay easier on 28-30 gauge imo
I’ve never tried 34 gauge but i find 36 g starts to look pretty massive at 7 loop. I’ve been doing 5 loop 36g because it doesn’t take as long but I’m dying to sit down and try 38g 7 loop. @danielabas tip about being able to leave and come back seems to be the most important tip because this is time consuming lol. I still haven’t tried leaving and coming back because I’m worried I’ll lose the time I already put in.
When you braid with fine gauge wire, you have to be able to understand the pattern, at first, for instance 5 loops, put 5 liquid bottle 3 and 2 on the right and the left, when you are tired put the loops on the bottles. And you see the loops, you memorize it, when you've mastered it you don't have to use bottles again. You will notice when you resume to braid, your loops are on the right finger or not, twisted or not.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
When you braid with fine gauge wire, you have to be able to understand the pattern, at first, for instance 5 loops, put 5 liquid bottle 3 and 2 on the right and the left, when you are tired put the loops on the bottles. And you see the loops, you memorize it, when you've mastered it you don't have to use bottles again. You will notice when you resume to braid, your loops are on the right finger or not, twisted or not.

Awesome tip, thank you

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally made some time to sit down with the drill again for a bit...managed a couple of my regular triple-core 26/36 N80 Aliens to use in my Revolver Reloaded 2...by far not my best work, but still shaking off a couple of months of rust, but the coil God’s have deemed me worthy enough to grant me a few useable coils...just hope to keep in their good graces!
2523590045c537ebf9ef17ffe15ae0ad.png

And just prepped for an average run of 13 or so coils, but I’m using SS316L for my triple cores and keeping N80 for the decore.
69da64dcc0613de9bc612301b5839791.heic
e4dd169a7fed5988ebd0592eedac5ff0.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Girly goon, staple vaple, <3
Someone on here is super generous

0.11 ohm
69 watts

20x.3 kanthal staple 3mm 3.5 wraps
View attachment 114483
Your staple coils are looking great Meg.:eek::eek::eek: And the ones you mailed me are awesome. But I'm still waiting on your offer for the alien stagg with ribbon!!!:cuss2:Lol... lemme know if its something you can do I'll send you dollas$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.:hearts:

Last edited:

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Finally made some time to sit down with the drill again for a bit...managed a couple of my regular triple-core 26/36 N80 Aliens to use in my Revolver Reloaded 2...by far not my best work, but still shaking off a couple of months of rust, but the coil God’s have deemed me worthy enough to grant me a few useable coils...just hope to keep in their good graces!
2523590045c537ebf9ef17ffe15ae0ad.png

And just prepped for an average run of 13 or so coils, but I’m using SS316L for my triple cores and keeping N80 for the decore.
69da64dcc0613de9bc612301b5839791.heic
e4dd169a7fed5988ebd0592eedac5ff0.heic

That's a lot of prepped stacks! Your alien coils look good especially for taking so much time off. Great Job.:D

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's actually a great tip. Thanks for sharing that. I've always felt like one of the biggest pains with braiding is that I couldn't take a break. The bottles are the perfect solution. So simple I didn't think of it.:)

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It’s a good coil. It vapes kind of like a braidator or a ssfc. I would’ve thought it would spit more but it doesnt at all. Not to hot. Maybe without all the wrap wire acting as a heat sink, the cores don’t get as hot so it doesn’t flash boil all the juice. It did have some spots that would glow while vaping, but I rewicked it much snugger and it’s all good now.
.14 ohms @75 Watts. Ss316l
e377565234dafca906e6acc0ebdf1633.png
I just think from an artistic perspective that's a hell of a build and it looks great! I have a paper crimper yet all I can seem to get out of ribbon wire is like a zig zag pattern I can't seem to get the curved action you're showing off on your build that looks so great. I have to watch a Nick Devine tutorial or something to figure out how to get good corrugation. But great job with the coil! Helixed aliens are no joke!:eek:

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

yTub59T.jpg

zuAmqY1.jpg
I remember this build. I understand it much better now than when I first saw it but it's still really impressive and so super clean. But I wouldn't expect anything less from the Chef.;)

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
alien stagg with ribbon

dollas$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.:hearts:

Alien stagg with ribbon just became the build of the day!

I got a new workstation to clean up and swap stuff over to, then a ribbon alien stagg to celebrate :bliss:

This thing sat in my dad's shed under a pile of junk for YEARS, if only I'd known!! Huge upgrade from the folding table, it feels downright classy
IMG_20180628_092635-1944x1458.jpg

Last edited:

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a lot of prepped stacks! Your alien coils look good especially for taking so much time off. Great Job.:D

It’s a fair amount of prep, but when I was building every day it got a bit out of hand...I’d be prepping just from boredom and to keep myself busy and out of trouble while watching tv and look down and see something like this
45eae38a3292a5fb5ce8628be20eb501.jpg

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Right up my alley

Well if you'd like one or both...I'm not going to vape them

But you have to pm me about that if you do

Tomorrow I'll do 16x.3+30 frames and hopefully knock em out perfectly, but I also want to try a different kind of not alien staggerton with 40, 42 and 46 I've had in my head

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well if you'd like one or both...I'm not going to vape them

But you have to pm me about that if you do

Tomorrow I'll do 16x.3+30 frames and hopefully knock em out perfectly, but I also want to try a different kind of not alien staggerton with 40, 42 and 46 I've had in my head
Id like to see you try a Double Frame Alien Stagg next

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
796363a38455358a4b4b626f5ac9b32e.jpg

never tried a juice shot but there it is. I got this rda today, it’s the death trap 24mm clone. It was shorted out when I got it, you can see the terminal screws touching in the first pic from my previous post. I pried the power and ground terminals apart a lil and it’s good now but I think I’ll keep it off of my mech mods. The machining is a little rough but everything fits fine. The top cap only has the bottom airflow holes, and not the side airflow slot like the authentic. I might drill a couple holes because it’s a pretty restricted draw considering how large a coil it can house.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

never tried a juice shot but there it is. I got this rda today, it’s the death trap 24mm clone. It was shorted out when I got it, you can see the terminal screws touching in the first pic from my previous post. I pried the power and ground terminals apart a lil and it’s good now but I think I’ll keep it off of my mech mods. The machining is a little rough but everything fits fine. The top cap only has the bottom airflow holes, and not the side airflow slot like the authentic. I might drill a couple holes because it’s a pretty restricted draw considering how large a coil it can house.
Yeah, the bottom air holes are only to work in tandem with the side air slot because they cool down the legs of the coil as well as they keep the main airflow centered by countering its sides so this is a prime example of why I don't waste my money on clones. Clones are like discovering an ugly hair in your soup or often worse.

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the bottom air holes are only to work in tandem with the side air slot because they cool down the legs of the coil as well as they keep the main airflow centered by countering its sides so this is a prime example of why I don't waste my money on clones. Clones are like discovering an ugly hair in your soup or often worse.

Yep good point. I knew it wouldn’t be a great representation of the real deal, but the authentic is like 80 bucks so I really wanted to at least see what try the clone out at 8 bucks. Definitely gonna drill a slot in the cap because it’s hitting like a hot sponge.

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Id like to see you try a Double Frame Alien Stagg next
Hey Raymo when I do the alien stagg its looks OK as in not terrible not great when its just an uncoiled wire. When I coil the wire as you know the waves naturally space apart and it looks like dog s**t. Is it just a matter of getting the gaps in the first pass as small as possible? Or is there something I'm just missing altogether?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sick... I only need one of them, two would be preferable but I really only need one. I'll give you 30 dollas $$$$$$$$$. I know how many attempts you have made.

That is way too much lol, please PM me about it, money talk no bueno on the open forum I think

The wraps do spread out a little bit, the smaller ID you coil with the worse they do it, too - when I was doing that last one it kinda looked like I was aliening Over the first pass, with tight wraps

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

You make some super clean aliens, man. I like looking at them lol:D

Branpro

Member For 4 Years
Great stuff everyone! Man, I really need to give braiding another shot one of these days. Today’s mission is a poltergeist coil. Saw it on IG, and I think I’ll let that kick my ass tonight lol.
@chrisakasparky I love the look of corrugated builds! My favorite to build, for some reason.Also damn those fraliens are clean, colored up nicely too!!
@Pegleg Meg not a bad first go at it! Knowing you you’ll be whipping up 46g double frame alien stags before we know it!

Here’s some of my last few cloud chuckers. The clapton alien monster was way too hot of a vape, even clocking in at .15. It left zero room in the chamber hahaha. Was a test run, I want to drop all the gauges down and go again. Such a fun build! Cheers all!

Attachments

• 47CF8806-3D56-4365-AE2A-F5C82A6071E4.jpeg
    47CF8806-3D56-4365-AE2A-F5C82A6071E4.jpeg
    693.7 KB · Views: 19
  • ABDE1531-8FC2-4AE9-A404-1CF5A0598363.jpeg
    ABDE1531-8FC2-4AE9-A404-1CF5A0598363.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 19
  • DC2B42C0-C361-402D-A010-CF51529432EA.jpeg
    DC2B42C0-C361-402D-A010-CF51529432EA.jpeg
    678.8 KB · Views: 19

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Great stuff everyone! Man, I really need to give braiding another shot one of these days. Today’s mission is a poltergeist coil. Saw it on IG, and I think I’ll let that kick my ass tonight lol.
@chrisakasparky I love the look of corrugated builds! My favorite to build, for some reason.Also damn those fraliens are clean, colored up nicely too!!
@Pegleg Meg not a bad first go at it! Knowing you you’ll be whipping up 46g double frame alien stags before we know it!

Here’s some of my last few cloud chuckers. The clapton alien monster was way too hot of a vape, even clocking in at .15. It left zero room in the chamber hahaha. Was a test run, I want to drop all the gauges down and go again. Such a fun build! Cheers all!

Those are really rad, man!

(alien stag was more like my 15th go at it)

VU Sponsors