The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Alien staggerton: 15
Megan: 1

View attachment 114550

0.22 ohms
Don't cut it meg!!!! im getting nervous to look at it between clippers :D But holy fuck thats pretty much perfect as it can get i've been so amused to watch you guys build :) I've just have build some coils framed staples for finnish customer he ordered 20pairs of them :D Going to try something cool tommorrow tho :)

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Don't cut it meg!!!! im getti nnervous to look at it between clippers :D But holy fuck thats pretty much perfect as it can get i've been so amused to watch you guys build :D I've just have build some coils framed staples for finnish customer he ordered 20pairs of them :D Going to try something cool tommorrow tho :)

Haha, it was tempting to just murder it, with how much ribbon I've gone through trying to make it cleanly :tantrum:

I don't think I will ever make that many coils in a row, I would go crazy. One guy asked me to send him "samples" and then we would discuss "wholesale" prices and like....NOPE NOPE NOPE, I refuse to burn out with this particular addiction of mine

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Great stuff everyone! Man, I really need to give braiding another shot one of these days. Today’s mission is a poltergeist coil. Saw it on IG, and I think I’ll let that kick my ass tonight lol.
@chrisakasparky I love the look of corrugated builds! My favorite to build, for some reason.Also damn those fraliens are clean, colored up nicely too!!
@Pegleg Meg not a bad first go at it! Knowing you you’ll be whipping up 46g double frame alien stags before we know it!

Here’s some of my last few cloud chuckers. The clapton alien monster was way too hot of a vape, even clocking in at .15. It left zero room in the chamber hahaha. Was a test run, I want to drop all the gauges down and go again. Such a fun build! Cheers all!
Beautiful work as always.:vino:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think I have the fralien process down, from prep to coiling with no heartbreaks
:bliss:

IMG_20180629_131818~2.jpg

Cut decore in half, alien first half, reverse drill and do other half from swivel end oh yeah it's fun

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I have the fralien process down, from prep to coiling with no heartbreaks
:bliss:

View attachment 114611

Cut decore in half, alien first half, reverse drill and do other half from swivel end oh yeah it's fun
Awesome work! I feel like fraliens are the go to advanced build and yours are sharp.
Hmmm what made you decide to reverse from swivel end?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Awesome work! I feel like fraliens are the go to advanced build and yours are sharp.
Hmmm what made you decide to reverse from swivel end?

I flip the drill direction because it gets the alien wraps the same as they are on the other side of the stick, using the same angle to wrap with (but angled toward chuck)

So from the swivel end, I run the drill in the same direction as my original clapton while making the decore

I like cutting the decore in half because now it never touches the floor, I can lay it over the back of a wooden chair and forget about it, and I get a little break before I do the second half of the stick

AND! With hot glue on one end of each coil and ribbon free in the middle to bend/stretch, coiling is easy. :D

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I flip the drill direction because it gets the alien wraps the same as they are on the other side of the stick, using the same angle to wrap with (but angled toward chuck)

So from the swivel end, I run the drill in the same direction as my original clapton while making the decore

I like cutting the decore in half because now it never touches the floor, I can lay it over the back of a wooden chair and forget about it, and I get a little break before I do the second half of the stick

AND! With hot glue on one end of each coil and ribbon free in the middle to bend/stretch, coiling is easy. :D

Aaah I see. Thanks

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep good point. I knew it wouldn’t be a great representation of the real deal, but the authentic is like 80 bucks so I really wanted to at least see what try the clone out at 8 bucks. Definitely gonna drill a slot in the cap because it’s hitting like a hot sponge.
Well I don't mean to be an ass, but this afternoon I spent more than $2k on vape gear... all of it brand spanking new and authentic.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Well I don't mean to be an ass
Well, ya kinda are being an ass. There are many, many people on this forum who can't afford to spend that kind of money on vape gear. In fact, it's probably safe to say that MOST of us can't. And then you come over here with your "holier than thou" attitude. For many people, a clone is the only thing they can afford after paying rent, food for their kids, diapers, the electric bill that's 2 days overdue, etc.

Yeah, you're definitely an ass.

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, ya kinda are being an ass. There are many, many people on this forum who can't afford to spend that kind of money on vape gear. In fact, it's probably safe to say that MOST of us can't. And then you come over here with your "holier than thou" attitude. For many people, a clone is the only thing they can afford after paying rent, food for their kids, diapers, the electric bill that's 2 days overdue, etc.

Yea im raising another mans son as well as my own and I’m the only one working.. 2k would change my life.

I know you’re not trying to be an ass, I would spend big money on hobbies if I could afford to. But you gotta remember that people all live in different circumstances and some can’t have what others have. That doesn’t mean your shitty for spending big money, probably half the forum spends big money, but it’s rude to be flashy that’s all. Like, I learned it’s rude to discuss money with people casually. It’s easy to make people feel offended. If I saw your post in a vapemail thread I’d be like “oh snap awesome 2k worth of shit” but that’s in a relevant discussion.

Last edited:

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been taking class via hangouts with pirkdigula from team build armeggedon...taught me these tonight
30x34x.4 zipper coils
7107b7f2e76f182e91c50c615112e6e1.jpg

Sent from a very cloudy room

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Working Wife, Full time Job, Small Business...I still cant mustard up $800 for this new shiny toy I want...probably wont be able to until after Christmas... :( I want the shiny toy though :cry:

@chrisakasparky Ive got a 30mm Authentic DeathTrap I'd let go for $50, never been vaped...Ill even spruce it up with a monster for you :cool:

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried to order one of the 24mm deathtrap clones, but it turned into a thing took a while to even get the refund :/ I'd still like to try one though. how do you like it @Pegleg Meg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I got the clone and it’s completely missing the side airflow so it sucks. I’m gonna try to drill the 10x1.5mm airslot in it once I figure out what to use to drill through the top cap.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
MY favorite build to actually vape....I noticed Ive never posted the 5 Cores on my IG....so I thought I would just post a normal build I actually vape for once.

Reload X RDA
5x28g SS/36g N90 (4 Wraps/3mm Id @ .07 Ohms)

d08137e254528b0ef81a112a9b0a7f66.jpg
f3cdc57347c48a93dd35487a6fdcdd10.jpg
a064a4a9214a7479ecb6f107acbb81f3.jpg
2ae11258b59b62fc5bda044d5842b9e5.jpg
8311bf824d4085a2875d69c5339b5234.jpg
41bbd17c12c37185e7817d67a737f864.jpg

I only just started to color them, they have many more iterations of color thanks to the N90...it gets a bit crazy looking after the Blues and other normal colors are gone.

694fbb92e665a57b073daebd70666715.jpg
737ec8ff7b1c3b6f56ba7370999b1e93.jpg
642d9462fc01f837eef5a7602955f901.jpg

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Oh Damn!!!! I Chef dropped the hammer!!!!:eek: I wouldn't want to be under that hammer.

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well I don't mean to be an ass, but this afternoon I spent more than $2k on vape gear... all of it brand spanking new and authentic.
I'm kinda struggling to understand your point about spending over $2000 on authentic gear. I've spend a lot of money on vaping too but I don't tell people what I spend or ever bring up the donations that I gave to this forum or any other forum that I might be a part of to make it seem like I'm better than anyone else. There are a lot of people to which $2000 is a great deal of money and they wouldn't be able to just spend it on vape gear. I mean your a smart guy you gotta be aware that your not the only one who has money on this forum. Yet, I don't think I've seen anyone else throw out comparison's about what they've spent compared to what other people are planning on spending. What's the point? They guy is trying to let everyone know he's finding a deal and your belittling it. @CrazyChef v2.0 had some words for you. I'm not gonna call you an ass cause I don't know you and you might very well be a very nice person in real life, but I would agree it's not cool to throw out figures just to put other people down. We're all here to come together and be friends not to hurt each other. This is a community. If a guy finds a great deal I'm happy for him. I feel like you should be too.

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
MY favorite build to actually vape....I noticed Ive never posted the 5 Cores on my IG....so I thought I would just post a normal build I actually vape for once.

Reload X RDA
5x28g SS/36g N90 (4 Wraps/3mm Id @ .07 Ohms)

d08137e254528b0ef81a112a9b0a7f66.jpg
f3cdc57347c48a93dd35487a6fdcdd10.jpg
a064a4a9214a7479ecb6f107acbb81f3.jpg
2ae11258b59b62fc5bda044d5842b9e5.jpg
8311bf824d4085a2875d69c5339b5234.jpg
41bbd17c12c37185e7817d67a737f864.jpg

I only just started to color them, they have many more iterations of color thanks to the N90...it gets a bit crazy looking after the Blues and other normal colors are gone.

694fbb92e665a57b073daebd70666715.jpg
737ec8ff7b1c3b6f56ba7370999b1e93.jpg
642d9462fc01f837eef5a7602955f901.jpg
Your colors really are great and those are some great aliens. I can see why that would be your favorite vape! I bet I'd love that vape too!

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great Job! We have the exact same mod!:)

If you haven’t already, I highly recommend getting the upgraded “Anvil Clamps” that are made of silver that they sell on their site. There’s hardly any delay from clutching the fire button to instant cloudage...more so than it already is, at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Looks tasty! That’s 2.5 mm? I think I saw that’s your usual id
Yes sir 2.5mm is my go to ID. I find it gives me the best vape subjectively. I don't really have a physics answer as to why it's just what I've found to work for me through trial and error. I know many people like 3mm and even higher. I think its possibly totally subjective. The binding for the staggs came out great but I messed up the wrapping a little. They're not perfect but they wouldn't be a bad vape I don't think. Thanks for noticing!!!:D

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks bud! Next I gotta work on my staggering, ive slacked in that department but yours look good!
Thanks man! I do pretty well with the very basic stagger builds like staggertons, SSFCs, half stags, etc, but I really want to open up my world with skip fusing. You can do a lot of variations with skip fusing, it opens up a whole world of new builds. I have to actually invest some time by watching a Ndevine83 tutorial on it or something. I'm the type where it takes a little while for me to get past the learning curve but once I get the hang of it I can do pretty well. What I find with regular staggering is that if my spaced clapton is very accurate, and I just lay the spool on the floor, I can kinda pull some downward/slightly forward tension on the fusing wire right under the stack and as I'm rotating the drill at a slow to medium pace the fuses just seem to fall into the grooves. I think when you try to do it while holding the spool it can be a lot harder. That's just my experience. If I can do it I know you can do it too! You're a talented builder!:cheers:

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks man! I do pretty well with the very basic stagger builds like staggertons, SSFCs, half stags, etc, but I really want to open up my world with skip fusing. You can do a lot of variations with skip fusing, it opens up a whole world of new builds. I have to actually invest some time by watching a Ndevine83 tutorial on it or something. I'm the type where it takes a little while for me to get past the learning curve but once I get the hang of it I can do pretty well. What I find with regular staggering is that if my spaced clapton is very accurate, and I just lay the spool on the floor, I can kinda pull some downward/slightly forward tension on the fusing wire right under the stack and as I'm rotating the drill at a slow to medium pace the fuses just seem to fall into the grooves. I think when you try to do it while holding the spool it can be a lot harder. That's just my experience. If I can do it I know you can do it too! You're a talented builder!:cheers:

Thanks for the tips! I’m dying to tackle the alien stagg.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm kinda struggling to understand your point about spending over $2000 on authentic gear. I've spend a lot of money on vaping too but I don't tell people what I spend or ever bring up the donations that I gave to this forum or any other forum that I might be a part of to make it seem like I'm better than anyone else. There are a lot of people to which $2000 is a great deal of money and they wouldn't be able to just spend it on vape gear. I mean your a smart guy you gotta be aware that your not the only one who has money on this forum. Yet, I don't think I've seen anyone else throw out comparison's about what they've spent compared to what other people are planning on spending. What's the point? They guy is trying to let everyone know he's finding a deal and your belittling it. @CrazyChef v2.0 had some words for you. I'm not gonna call you an ass cause I don't know you and you might very well be a very nice person in real life, but I would agree it's not cool to throw out figures just to put other people down. We're all here to come together and be friends not to hurt each other. This is a community. If a guy finds a great deal I'm happy for him. I feel like you should be too.
If he had found a great deal I would have been happy for him, but the point is he already said himself that it sucks. I'm pretty sure those con men in China who are specialized in making worthless clones [and who are using that skill just to rip a lot of people off like this] are happy to buy whatever it is they prefer by spending way more than $2000 WHICH THEY EFFECTIVELY STOLE so if I wanted to be an ass I would have invested my money in stuff that would have made it easier for me to steal like they do because you can bet both shoes on that this is pretty much exactly what those con men are doing as we speak, and they are essentially even killing this hobby with it as well, at least indirectly that is, because as a result from too much counterfeit items getting too hard to keep out of the marketplace where I live the lawmakers have already banned the sale of vaping products to consumers online a year and a half ago so just because the lawmakers CAN use the counterfeiting for an excuse, doesn't also mean they won't. Yeah, this is a community. So start acting like you are part of that community now. Just say no to clones. Else, I promise I'll soon become an authentic ass. :D

If you're so strapped for cash that the difference is between vaping and not vaping, then get a clone. (And pray that they'll send you an air slot with it.)

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If he had found a great deal I would have been happy for him, but the point is he already said himself that it sucks. I'm pretty sure those con men in China who are specialized in making worthless clones [and who are using that skill just to rip a lot of people off like this] are happy to buy whatever it is they prefer by spending way more than $2000 WHICH THEY EFFECTIVELY STOLE so if I wanted to be an ass I would have invested my money in stuff that would have made it easier for me to steal like they do because you can bet both shoes on that this is pretty much exactly what those con men are doing as we speak, and they are essentially even killing this hobby with it as well, at least indirectly that is, because as a result from too much counterfeit items getting too hard to keep out of the marketplace where I live the lawmakers have already banned the sale of vaping products to consumers online a year and a half ago so just because the lawmakers CAN use the counterfeiting for an excuse, doesn't also mean they won't. Yeah, this is a community. So start acting like you are part of that community now. Just say no to clones. Else, I promise I'll soon become an authentic ass. :D

If you're so strapped for cash that the difference is between vaping and not vaping, then get a clone. (And pray that they'll send you an air slot with it.)
I don't know if you've noticed but I've been a pretty active member of the community. I don't own any clones, from what other people tell me there are good ones and bad ones. What does any of that have to do with you bragging about spending $2000?

VU Sponsors