Become a Patron!

Post your builds

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
361c906b08a47a6411014f4363aad39e.png

Big alien coil. And I freehand drilled an air slot in the death trap clone. It’s hideous but I works and doesn’t whistle. Next time I drill in metal, I know to make dimples first because the drill bit was breakdancing.

And I have a 30mm authentic coming thanks too @raymo2u
Should arrive tomorrow broski ;)

Suggestion for the future...buy a Rotary Tool off Harbor Freight for under $20 and use a cutoff wheel instead. One cut with the disc and it would have come out looking nicer and then you can control the amount of air by testing millimeter by millimeter as you cut in.

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do u think a ribbon build like a fralien is to much coil for the ammit 25 single coil rta ? Or is more meant for rda ?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Not much experience here with rtas, but a fralien with 28g frames and 6 ribbons would be the same width as a 26g alien at about 1.2mm. Each additional ply is .1, I see most people do 6-12 plies.

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Should arrive tomorrow broski ;)

Suggestion for the future...buy a Rotary Tool off Harbor Freight for under $20 and use a cutoff wheel instead. One cut with the disc and it would have come out looking nicer and then you can control the amount of air by testing millimeter by millimeter as you cut in.

Good idea. I was there for the drill bit today too. Looked around for the dremel at home and said eeeh it’s an 8$ rda I’ll just attack it lol.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Check out Lightroom, too. If you shoot RAW photos, it can do absolute wonders for your images. It's almost like you can change what the camera settings were for the pictures AFTER you take the photo.
Lightroom is in PS, so you dont need to go into both. You just click Filters, then Camera Raw Filter and then click the Square Icons to go through the various settings within LR. I shoot in Jpeg, I used to shoot in RAW....I just didnt see a large difference and JPEG is much much faster to shoot and stack for me. I am shooting with a Entry Level Camera though, that could make the difference. If I had enough to get a Sony AR7 III Im sure using RAW would give me more variables to play with that would stick out more.

dehazebrush2.jpg
dehazebrush3.jpg

I first use LR within PS before editing anything....I didnt know it had that before the tips I got.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Good idea. I was there for the drill bit today too. Looked around for the dremel at home and said eeeh it’s an 8$ rda I’ll just attack it lol.
Lol Ive done it myself so I can relate....with practice doing it you do get a little better but that curvature and a pointy drill bit just dont like cooperating when it starts to spin. Widening something already there is easy...making something new in the side requires some real talent or better tools for the job.

mojo21

Member For 1 Year
Not much experience here with rtas, but a fralien with 28g frames and 6 ribbons would be the same width as a 26g alien at about 1.2mm. Each additional ply is .1, I see most people do 6-12 plies.
Oh I'm sure all u guys will find this hilarious but I just figured out that I can unwrap my build if I fuck up in stead of trying to finish at least one usable coil out of the entire build or I would just throw it out if not before.

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I'm sure all u guys will find this hilarious but I just figured out that I can unwrap my build if I fuck up in stead of trying to finish at least one usable coil out of the entire build or I would just throw it out if not before.

The alien wrap stretches when you wrap so it always looks a little funny if you unwrap and rewrap. But the cores can always be straightened, they just get a little skinnier.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
0.3 ohms 44 watts

5x32/40 alien 2.5mm

IMG_20180704_101620~2.jpg

This is pretty amazing, just a single coil and just 44 watts but really satisfying vape. Good deal, because 44 watts goes a lot farther on a one battery mod than 66 watts

Last edited:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No building tomorrow, going to rent a 20 foot Uhaul and go get EVERYTHING WE MOVED TO THE NEW HOUSE AND BRING IT BACK AGAIN

:cry::cry::cry:

The folks who were going to buy our house, their bank kept knocking down how much they would pay and we all finally said "eff this"

Last edited:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I don't no how u can do that high gauge cores ! And 5 to boot . Good work megan!. How does it vape?

It's incredibly flavorful and dense without also being hot, I don't like much heat in my vape so small gauges all the way, easier on the lungs

This is also satisfying at 44 watts, pretty low, great on battery life

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
No building tomorrow, going to rent a 20 foot Uhaul and go get EVERYTHING WE MOVED TO THE NEW HOUSE AND BRING IT BACK AGAIN

:cry::cry::cry:

The folks who were going to buy our house, their bank kept knocking down how much they would pay and we all finally said "eff this"

Damn sorry to hear that Meg :(

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sorry to hear that Meg!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Damn sorry to hear that Meg :(

I like where I live, there are pros and cons either way. After I get through moving a bunch of heavy junk, again, with heat index of 105, I will be back to all the pros about where I live now :D

I was gonna have to build in a pretty small storage room beside the garage at the new place, anyway, with no air - that was going to be pretty crappy in the summer anyway

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like where I live, there are pros and cons either way. After I get through moving a bunch of heavy junk, again, with heat index of 105, I will be back to all the pros about where I live now :D

I was gonna have to build in a pretty small storage room beside the garage at the new place, anyway, with no air - that was going to be pretty crappy in the summer anyway
There's always a beauty in tragedy if you can find it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors