1. UP FOR A NEW CHALLENGE? CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT

Post your builds

Discussion in 'Coil Building' started by Vape_geek, Jun 25, 2014.

1. KarmicRage

KarmicRage Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    In all honesty I've never bought anything vape related on amazon, in fact I've probably only ever bought 2 things from amazon. I prefer ebay's user interface and being able to bid on preloved items. Bit of a stickler for prices... Also amazon are massive tax dodgers and I'd rather not put my money in their pockets. That's not to say ebay isn't as bad. I know they fuck over sellers with a 10% charge just for selling an item. In the end its all down to personal preference, I've used fasttech a fair bit as well, just don't like the waiting times when I order from there haha

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

2. Shredtravolta

Shredtravolta VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    That's a good tip. I myself don't really torch sticks mainly because it results in the inability to get any color from the coil. Not to say that I am a color artist.. I'm certainly not. Some coils are springy as hell and you almost need to torch them if you want to keep them at the same inner diameter you wrapped them at. The staple helix for example is so springy because of it's twisted frames that if you're not going to torch it, then you should wrap it a size lower than what you intended it to be cause it's going to expand. That's one of my favorite coils to vape when I get the chance to make them. Of course they aren't difficult to make, just insanely labor intensive. Good thing to do while you are watching TV or something. Enigma's don't seem to have as much spring. I just feel that the tendency, at least in my case at first, was to put a little to much tension on the decore and I think that F-ed up the way the ribbon was laying vertically and made the stick want to twist. When I eased up on the tension my final post of it was wrapped pretty easily. But if you want to make it even easier a torch will definitely do the job!

3. Shredtravolta

Blog Posts:
    Really clean work Chris!:cheers: BTW I saw an alien stagg you did a few pages back that was pretty much perfect. You're killin it.

EMusic, mach1ne, The_hat_trix and 5 others like this.
  4. Pegleg Meg

Pegleg Meg Yarrr, me booty VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Here's what I decided, regarding the Nada RDA:

15391931002481018320110.jpg

Carambrda, EMusic, mach1ne and 8 others like this.
  5. Shredtravolta

Blog Posts:
    That's so super cool man! Looks like something I wanna try vaping.:popcorn:

6. WPMac

WPMac Bronze Contributor Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    :teehee::teehee:
    Good to know!

7. chrisakasparky

chrisakasparky Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Thanks!

8. Pegleg Meg

Pegleg Meg Yarrr, me booty VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I have a few more things to try with it, just not enough time today...got to be a way to get some flavor out of this thing

9. CrazyChef v2.0

CrazyChef v2.0 VU Vendor VU Vendor Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee VU Challenge Sponsor Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    No shit? Damn, I was hoping for a favorable review.

10. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:

Man, everything about the hardware is great, I just couldn't get any flavor, yet. Gotta try putting the coils up higher - best I could do so far, for flavor, had my coils turning brown on the inside after < 10 puffs

Even with the side air closed, the flavor was blah

I have yet to try the full bottom air plugs, though - that'll be my last resort

To be fair to the NADA, the Goon 1.5 beats every other RDA I've ever used for overall flavor and ease of use combined

I really want to use it, I like the Iron Maiden font of the logo lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  11. chrisakasparky

Blog Posts:
    Pitchfork! My best one yet I think, took like 2 hours lol. 2x26g, 8x.4r, 36g. SS round, N80 ribbon. 4mm id, 0.1 ohms.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12. Wtmke1

Wtmke1 Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    That's a great photo. Not sure if you took it or it's stock. But damn makes me want one even with the review. Lol

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  13. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:

Definitely stock, I ripped it from Everzon hehe

It does look awesome, and feels awesome, and the potential cloudage is awesome. But the flavor...has not been awesome, but I haven't given up on it forever

14. WPMac

Blog Posts:
    Here's a thing. Not done yet. About 1/2 way down a 5 inch stick and another 5 inch stick to do. Having to hand wrap the the ribbon on cause I have to adjust the crimps as I go. My wrist is killing me. This might be a few days of little bits here and there to finish it. I'll post the coil when it's done.

PicsArt_10-10-08.52.37.jpg

15. chrisakasparky

Blog Posts:
    That is so awesome. Can’t wait to see this and what else you’ve yet to build!

16. chrisakasparky

Blog Posts:
    @WPMac are you going to coil it up with the corrugated ribbon touching or you gonna add more rails?

17. WPMac

Blog Posts:
    Havn't decided if I want the ribbon hump to hump or set into each other when I wrap it. But, no I'm not adding anything else to the build.

18. Severinomotta

Severinomotta Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    You are the devil man!!! WTF. Magnificent. Pure state of the art. I'll do my builds and maybe in 15 or 20 years i'll be where you're at LOL. Congrats man.

19. Severinomotta

Blog Posts:
    After @raymo2u builds i'm a little ashamed of my own. Still trying to make an alien right lol.
    WhatsApp Image 2018-10-11 at 13.02.30.jpeg

20. The_hat_trix

The_hat_trix Bronze Contributor Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Don't be ashamed even @raymo2u could not do what you did there in some point when he started Nice alien btw :)
    Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A6003 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

21. chrisakasparky

Blog Posts:
    Awesome color, Looks like it vapes great! Don’t be too hard on yourself, you’ll be surprised how fast you advance.

22. WPMac

Blog Posts:
    This build is not something to be ashamed of ... It's clean, it's colorful, and I bet it vapes awesome!!

23. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:

Awesome alien, man!!!

24. WPMac

Blog Posts:
    A little ribbon fun :D
    2 ply .3 twisted (till it broke), .3 corrugated, .3 parabolic (should have done .5 for better symmetry :( ), 28g frame, 40g stag/fuse, .15 ohms single coil in the KTX.

PicsArt_10-11-11.16.09.jpg PicsArt_10-11-01.22.41.jpg PicsArt_10-11-01.29.35.jpg

25. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    28g SS430 frames
    8x 0.3 k
    2x 0.4 k (in the middle)
    0.16 ohms

Awesome. Dripping with a Wasp Nano :cool:

PSX_20181011_132805.jpg PSX_20181011_133233.jpg
    15392831314961311871803.jpg

And a whole bunch of these things :kickbutt:

PSX_20181011_114502.jpg PSX_20181011_113314.jpg

26. Severinomotta

Blog Posts:
  27. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    Man, Wasp Nano is pretty rad. Not with aliens or 40g staggers, way painfully spitty, but some smooth 46g framed staples, oh yeahhhh :D Excited I got a 22mm dripper for my little Tesla sub two :D :Dit even passes my "lazy glob" dripping test :D:D:D

I need to break my habit of winding coils backwards, though :(

28. Wtmke1

Blog Posts:
    Looks good man. I haven't even attempted aliens yet. I can do staggered ok but still spotty.

29. raymo2u

raymo2u VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    There is a small Buildoff between builders in a group chat and I was placed against Staggertunes on Instagram.
    My first build was a 52g Half Super Staggerton but a few fuses popped out of place after I coiled the wire. I made another Variant the morning of the deadline so I had something clean to submit, here are the shots.

52g Half Super Staggerton Build:
    12ply .3R + 28g/52g and 23g N90 Overhead Bar

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

My Entry, it wouldnt fit in ANY RDA I had...except this 24mm Golem..None of the 30mm RDA's I had could hold it.
    19ply .3R + 28g/42g

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Some Other Wire Shots:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

30. Wtmke1

Blog Posts:
    Jeez dude. If that other guy has better coils we need to break his knuckles. Lol. Amazing builds man. I always get discouraged so easily. Made a sfc yesterday for a series build. Screwed the second one up so I quit for the day. Still have the first but made some regular claptons for the series. What keeps you motivated to keep building after a mess up?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  31. WPMac

Blog Posts:
    So what your sayin is the golem literally eats anything? How much are you guys selling them for? Oh and your insane by the way ...

32. raymo2u

Blog Posts:
    I get frustrated here and there, we all mess up but its all practice regardless. Looking at a mess up or ruined wire wasting time and wire...sucks but thats life, an you can help in those moments of micro depression by changing your thinking from pessimistic to optimistic. This is just one step closer to you nailing it next try, if you dont try again then your setting yourself up to give up every time in the future....habit making works subconsciously so dont give it any breathing room.
    You may not have got it this time, you WILL get it next time. Look to see what caused the failure, what could be done differently/more efficiently?
    You may be good at something, but there is always someone slightly better out there. You either try harder or settle for second place. Im not one to settle...

Thomas Edison's Quotes of Encouragement:
    “I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
    “Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
    “If we all did the things we are really capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.”
    “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this - you haven't.”

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  33. raymo2u

Blog Posts:
    Bid_D_Coils on IG is the one offering them, I just did the Design/CAD work, I believe hes asking $35.....and yes, it will eat anything and everything and I will put money on it that you cant find a RDA that will handle larger coils. The Airflow, Posts, Height also give it some extremely potent flavor...

34. WPMac

Blog Posts:
    aaahhh I knew bigd was selling them. and I knew you had your hand in them. Just didn't know you weren't part of the sales. And you already answered my next questions. Sounds great. Thanks for the heads up :D

35. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:

:cheers::inlove:

36. chrisakasparky

Blog Posts:
    They just sold out the other day :( but they’re gonna make another batch I believe

37. WPMac

Blog Posts:
    Aaww damn :(

38. The_hat_trix

Blog Posts:
    You just said how everything should be done in life if you want to live it to the fullest

39. raymo2u

Blog Posts:
    Exactly right, it works on a Micro and Macro Level in Life. Information is the truest form of wealth...not materials or currency.
    Confidence, understanding, high effort and persistence should be personal highlights. Using patience, acting cordial, and being honest is how you should act.
    This is a winning combination IMO

40. KarmicRage

KarmicRage Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    So much win in that statement. Preach

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Shredtravolta, Pegleg Meg and raymo2u like this.
  41. The_hat_trix

Blog Posts:
    Your kids will be so succesfull! You have such an amazing knowlegde in life to teach them :)

42. raymo2u

Blog Posts:
    Yea...you'd think that but "Mom" is much more lenient with them and spoils them.....Im the "asshole" in my house because I expect of those around me as they expect of me :D

Hopefully something rubs off I guess.

43. Severinomotta

Blog Posts:
    And how every journey begins with one step, i'm still giving mine :)
    WhatsApp Image 2018-10-12 at 01.42.12 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-10-12 at 01.42.12.jpeg
    A friend saw my alien in recurve and asked me for one to his own. I managed to make :)
    Wish i was able to do the no stretch method... But i need lots of practice before. But i'll get there :treadmill:

44. The_hat_trix

Blog Posts:
    It's always one step back two steps forward. And dude stick with no stretch it's super essy when you get it and practice it makes alien wave much more consistent and closer! Specially with smaller gages like 38-42 it's much easier than stretching it at least it's works like that for me :) With cores more than 3 then i stretch so cores won't collapse.

Edit: like you see your alien is perfect here :)

45. Carambrda

Carambrda Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I don't use the torch because it's going to expand. Rather, I use the torch because if I don't, it looks like shit with or without colors:

fumble.jpg

But a while ago I posted a pic of a coil that I made without torch also so as you can see, torch isn't always needed to prevent the ribbon twisting:

stapled helix.jpg

46. WPMac

Blog Posts:
    I can't do no stretch aliens. Tried a whole bunch of times and they always get nasty after a few inches. I do typically understretch if I'm not doing intricate cores. I like my aliens tight :D

47. The_hat_trix

Blog Posts:
    Try just taking your decore and pre stretch it like with both arms just like for meter and then just go

48. Severinomotta

Blog Posts:
    I'll try that. If you have other tips please send me :) a DM or post in the Alien thread (i guess VU have one, doesn't?)

Best

Shredtravolta and Pegleg Meg like this.
  49. The_hat_trix

Blog Posts:
    I don't know if you already do this, but when you find the tension just lock it don't change and go full speed to close fullspeed with the drill and it will go so smoothly you will be surprised when you get to that point

50. The_hat_trix

Blog Posts:
    Now idon't have anymore these are my tips to anyone else to if you guys use always stertching decore.... just give a nostretch with slightly prestretch a try