Become a Patron!

Post your builds

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Im sold where do I get a full set of damascus tools. Not only strong but sexy to look at :D
There isnt a Set out there that I know of, Carbon Steel is the closest thing....

So I got some 46g and 50g N80 in today. So I figured, "Why not?" and tried to make a fused Clapton out of it. Unsuccessfully. I got about 5mm and 4 mm out of it.

2x46N/50N
View attachment 34614
Yea that 50g is crazy tiny barely noticeable to your eyes when its being turned for the clapton....I keep messing up when I lightly breath while holding the spool, thats the only time I seem to screw it up with the Fused Claptons with it. Try again with 30g and 50g, its a much easier FC and it comes out nicely, and its still Tiny AF

Last edited:

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
b5d136868831e0b3fd1d15bf6b9bd5d0.jpg

Putting a new bench together since I lost my office to my 4 year old daughter getting a room upgrade... I have been moved to the basement. No worries. This will be good once I start making my own juice.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Putting a new bench together since I lost my office to my 4 year old daughter getting a room upgrade... I have been moved to the basement. No worries. This will be good once I start making my own juice.

Damn. My poor workbench is set up for reloading ammo and building guns. I use an old entertainment center for mixing juice and building coils

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

I wanted to do the same type of work bench but I have limited space in my office and more tools and things that need to be stored. I went with a shelf system that way I could organize everything and then have a work table at chair hieght also, theres a led grid on the underside of the next level for night and up close building...and it was cheap!
20151114_124116-jpg.33732

20151119_150325-jpg.34092

Here's 50g compared to my hair. The top one is the N80
View attachment 34650

I didnt know we could post pubie's LOL
Good job on the SFC, I had worse results every time I tried...Im going to keep doing it until I have a Dual Coil amount thats perfect though....or enough for the TFV4 RBA's and have a crazy tank setup worth bragging about..

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Where do you get these high gauge wires?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Ebay/Amazon, LightningVapes, KidneyPuncher, TwistedMesses.com and Temco
Ebay I find to be the Cheapest, I posted a link a page or 2 back for Kanthal D wire which is cheaper and can be had in higher gauge wire also. Higher gauge wire usually costs a bit more and you will use it much faster then lower gauges...

Kanthal D 38 awg 1000ft
Kanthal D 40 awg 1000 ft
Ni80 50 awg 150 ft
Kanthal D 46 awg 150 ft

Last edited:

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ebay/Amazon, LightningVapes, KidneyPuncher, TwistedMesses.com and Temco
Ebay I find to be the Cheapest, I posted a link a page or 2 back for Kanthal D wire which is cheaper and can be had in higher gauge wire also. Higher gauge wire usually costs a bit more and you will use it much faster then lower gauges...

Kanthal D 38 awg 1000ft
Kanthal D 40 awg 1000 ft
Ni80 50 awg 150 ft
Kanthal D 46 awg 150 ft
Most of my searches turn up 36 at the highest but im lazy and have a short atten... Ooh, cookies!. Im thinking about just getting a draw plate and buying bulk low gauge.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For higher gauges I've been using Kidney Puncher, but I really like the eBay links put up by @raymo2u and will try those next time I order higher gauge wire.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Kanthal D 38 awg 1000ft
Kanthal D 40 awg 1000 ft
Ni80 50 awg 150 ft
Kanthal D 46 awg 150 ft
This kingorchid dude on eBay has 6,273 feedbacks, and it's 100% positive - that's very impressive!
I'll definitely be giving him some business. :D

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
This kingorchid dude on eBay has 6,273 feedbacks, and it's 100% positive - that's very impressive!
I'll definitely be giving him some business. :D
That's about the only place Ive been buying wire for at least a month and a half now...haven't been disappointing so far and quick shipping times! He doesnt have the 1000ft 50g up right now but hopefully he will replace the ad again soon. I place to buy 2 of each 1000ft rolls in every gauge tax time because that would probably be a year worth of building....
The kanthal D and Ni60 seem to color very well, give them a shot @CrazyChef

Gratefulvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fused 28g -40g tricro clapton. My new all day vape. Minimal spit back with full flavor. Preforms like a vert and horizontal at the same time. Don't mind the cheap addy. It had the room that I needed to test the first coil before I committed a RDA to the build, now its all I will use. Kinda a pain but not as bad as some of the other coils I have seen.
IMG_0992-2.JPG IMG_0993.JPG

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rebuilt my 13 heavens 9 hells rda. This time I did dual 24 gauge kanthal core wrapped in 40 gauge kanthal. 6 wraps at 3mm coming in at .17 ohms. Running this at 110 watt and it is a very nice vape. Cool to warm vape, loads of flavor and good clouds.

c705bf180316594e6a171ba4d593e536.jpg
2b9221fdbee9cb402e20f7eac13e4b35.jpg
4f8491844b973b0d07d36532fde1d9d0.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I havent been putting much time into crazier coils since the wife went apeshit over me "playing with coils" :rolleyes: But when the workweek starts up after Im done with my new project Ill try and create something interesting...until then its Plain-O coils for now...
3 x 34K/40N Paralleled with 28K-5/4 Wraps @ .16 Ohms
20151128_164629.jpg 20151128_164606.jpg 20151128_164647.jpg

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks BrattVapes

Second attempt, this time a dual coil build.
View attachment 34722
They look good CgS! You'll be amazed... For me the difference was being able to clapton at full speed on the drill, now it's full speed or no speed. It makes me excited to rebuild that much more. The flavor you get out of these claptons are crazy. And clouds are there too depending on what you build. This was a favorite not too long ago... And the clouds were insane. Right now I am enjoying the cool vape I'm getting on the build I posted. 60-80 watts and its a breeze. I spoiled myself and no longer like anything else.

f9d31838665453b4abda5ce75f67e36e.jpg

They aren't always pretty. I'm by no means perfect, there are some on here I'm very jealous of. But alas it takes practice. I was where you are not too long ago, and as I get better and more confident I look to emulate what I used to think "I'll never be able to do that. Woah."

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Matt

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What gauges are in your build and what does it OHM out too? But more importantly How does it vape? :D
It's 2 strands of 26g n80 / 36g k fused with .8 flat wire (kanthal) and I think staged is the term, with 24g n80. 4 wraps of the monsters 5 wraps of the 24k comes out to .09ohm on my cherrybomber.
Probably the best vape I ever had its my 3rd time building it and the best run I've had at it yet. The 2nd time lasted me probably over 5 months and I removed it only to try some diff builds but came back to it tonight cause it's the best build (for me).
Since the air hits it under the coils on the mx4 it's not even that hot, I actually only have one of the slots open on the side air since I appreciate a warm tasty vape.
Goes without saying but clouds are ridiculous also.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's 2 strands of 26g n80 / 36g k fused with .8 flat wire (kanthal) and I think staged is the term, with 24g n80. 4 wraps of the monsters 5 wraps of the 24k comes out to .09ohm on my cherrybomber.
Probably the best vape I ever had its my 3rd time building it and the best run I've had at it yet. The 2nd time lasted me probably over 5 months and I removed it only to try some diff builds but came back to it tonight cause it's the best build (for me).
Since the air hits it under the coils on the mx4 it's not even that hot, I actually only have one of the slots open on the side air since I appreciate a warm tasty vape.
Goes without saying but clouds are ridiculous also.

Damn, 0.8 ribbon not 0.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Only downfall is its a juice destroyer. I drip 8 drops only cause anymore and the mx4 leaks on me from the bottom airholes and I get a solid 2-3 hits from it. Granted, they're big ass drags, but still.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd like a guess

I'm gonna say two 26g each claptoned with 34g or maybe 36g, fused with 0.5mm ribbon, and parallel to 24.

Am I close?

Didn't even notice this post, good freaking eye.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Lighting vapes and k.bee vapes I have coupon codes for 15-17% off so PM me if you're interested

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok guys today is the day I'm going to get all crazy here I got my vice my nylon pliers, swivels and of course enough wire decisions decisions

Let's see some magic!

Quick question to everyone thinking about this. What are the benefits of a staged coil and what gauge are you using for the staging coil?

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Everything else came so easy to me and when I see wire for the most part I can figure out what it is and how it was done it's the actual doing it that frightens me to the point of not going beyond a Clapton and a fused Clapton that and oh yeah thanksgiving damn holidays get in the way of me trying to build lol

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Let's see some magic!

Quick question to everyone thinking about this. What are the benefits of a staged coil and what gauge are you using for the staging coil?

Got me every time I saw it I just thought auto correct changed it from staggered to staged sorry blonde moment

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Staging heats up in two "stages". I usually build with kanthal, then stage with nichrome. The nichrome has a faster ramp up time, so in theory the juice vaporizes better when heated next to the nichrome. In theory, anyways. I like to do it to add flat surface area, and I also like the way it looks for photo shoots. I try to keep the gauge of the staging wire at (or a little smaller than) the outside diameter of the other wire.

In reality, it probably doesn't make a huge amount of difference.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Staging heats up in two "stages". I usually build with kanthal, then stage with nichrome. The nichrome has a faster ramp up time, so in theory the juice vaporizes better when heated next to the nichrome. In theory, anyways. I like to do it to add flat surface area, and I also like the way it looks for photo shoots. I try to keep the gauge of the staging wire at (or a little smaller than) the outside diameter of the other wire.

In reality, it probably doesn't make a huge amount of difference.
So wait staging is basically using two types of wire? Say if I was doing TC if I did Ti build and staged with SS that's all that is? I'm just asking because I really don't know

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's what I do, but you can stage with the same wire if you want. All staging is, is a parallel coil. You can stage a fused Clapton with a 2 wire twist if you want to. Hmmm... That gives me an idea... :D

Heck, you can even do a triple parallel with alien, Clapton and a staple coil wire if you want.

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what I do, but you can stage with the same wire if you want. All staging is, is a parallel coil. You can stage a fused Clapton with a 2 wire twist if you want to. Hmmm... That gives me an idea... :D

Heck, you can even do a triple parallel with alien, Clapton and a staple coil wire if you want.
Then there is the madness that is hybrid wire.
Guach on Instagram has been coming up with some crazy stuff lately. Basically various wire types combined in one. This one is my favourite of his that he's done lately. Works on the same principles as staged where the wire ramps up differently for different sections.

18a3a8e4275108833cc01b95d1c23997.jpg

0fcc4c0c9a18d546d6efbd10264ce8b3.jpg

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
V2.0 of what I made yesterday. Wanted a dual coil in the Velocity clone I just got, and I switched things up a bit to match the parameters of my iStick 100.
DSC_0374 (2).jpg
DSC_0387 (2).jpg
DSC_0383 (2).jpg
DSC_0389 (2).jpg

And in case you were wondering what 3 feet of 0.5 ribbon Claptoned with 40g N80 looked like:
DSC_0372 (2).jpg

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
My first build from scratch. OBS Crius w/Velocity-style deck:

PB290001.JPG

That's ten wraps of 26 ga. Kanthal done on a Coil Master. Ends ended-up a bit sloppy o_O (Boy, the camera doesn't miss much, does it?) In the end I had to do a bit of judicious adjusting, as one of the coils was just touching the tank. I won't bore you the with picture. Suffice it to say the first coil came out to 1.13Ω and the addition of the second had it bobbling back-and-forth between .56 and .57Ω. Perfect!

PB290006.JPG

Wicked. That's about a 1/4" wide piece of Japanese organic cotton with the outer layers carefully peeled off. Trimmed to about even with the outside edge of the deck, wetted, then trimmed to width for the juice channels.

PB290007.JPG

That's about how I like to see it in the juice ports of the Crius. At 35-40W I get plenty of vapour, good flavour, don't get dry hits and it never floods/leaks.

PB290010.JPG

Tah dah! :D

Side note: Those scissors you see in the background? Those came with the Coil Master kit. They suck :mad: Had to resort to borrowing a pair of my wife scissors again. Annoying. If I'd paid full-boat for that kit I'd really be annoyed.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Side note: Those scissors you see in the background? Those came with the Coil Master kit. They suck :mad: Had to resort to borrowing a pair of my wife scissors again. Annoying. If I'd paid full-boat for that kit I'd really be annoyed.
Ive broken every tool in almost every Coil Tool Kit so far(Even the Coil Jigs)...Im sticking to Heat Tempered Carbon Steel Tools..nothing less then Cr.55 from now on. Most things seem to break on wires that can easily be bent or cut and the scissors always bunch up cotton instead of cutting straight through, so no more...

I really want to get a 521 Tab Master though...and a Lathe...and a CNC Cutter...and a 3d Printer...

VU Sponsors